The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Newcastle United | The Magpies Flying High |

Comments

• Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Absolute scenes as Huddersfield still manages to do worse :# I do think, and hope, that you turn this around soon. I might be wrong but you haven't met many of the big teams yet have you? I may retract my statement about "think" then :|
    I played 5 out of the top 6 teams right at the start in the first 10 games, very tough start really for Benitez either way, still Liverpool to play in December then a tough January ahead[/quote]

Ah, ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Missed the start then? Gotta go back and read that.

Nice to see Newcastle winning again! Winning at Anfield is no easy feat is it. Hopefully you can keep up the momentum despite the recent loss. Must’ve been frustrating scoring an early goal and then losing due to two quick ones.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow Jardim really found the key. What a run of games with big wins, the win at Anfield above it all. The tables have turned and now it's all about staying concentrated and be consistent with the results to avoid any involvement in the fight for relegation again.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Definitely Jardim has changed the face of the team. Even though the relegation fight isn't enterly left behind, these results allow the team to breath and I'm optimistic about the future of the team now.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think the fact that the fans are behind the team 100% has helped the team no question marks about the owner or any nonsense about not having money to spend its exciting times and the team are all trying to prove a point to the new manager
  • Ashy
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    What a turnaround under the new man. Out of relegation zone and now looking more likely to fight for Europe then be relegated.
    Did Jardim change the formation or are players just now more motivated?
    Don't know about fighting for Europe we will see, the month was filled with winnable games really, January is set to be a tough one!
    Jardim changed the formation from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-1-1 quite similar but the slight change helps as well as players motivated much more.
    Top half of the table is still well within reach, but the gap to 5th and 6th (thus, European Football) is the key question here, me thinks
    Yep 7th place isn't too far off but I think the goal this season is just to stay away from relegation and finish around mid-table, developing a system that works for the 2nd season
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Nice to see Newcastle winning again! Winning at Anfield is no easy feat is it. Hopefully you can keep up the momentum despite the recent loss. Must’ve been frustrating scoring an early goal and then losing due to two quick ones.
    Ye the Liverpool game was crazy, I went in expecting to lose but that late goal shocked me, took the 3 points and ran. Watford I had to play a weakened side since it was 3 days later and shortly after this is another big game, hopefully it pays off but the result against Watford was disappointing.
  • Ashy
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Wow Jardim really found the key. What a run of games with big wins, the win at Anfield above it all. The tables have turned and now it's all about staying concentrated and be consistent with the results to avoid any involvement in the fight for relegation again.
    Yep want to stay as far away from the drop zone as possible, if we can beat Liverpool at Anfield we can beat anyone on our day, although Liverpool are having a pretty bad season looking at the table.
    subpop wrote: »
    Definitely Jardim has changed the face of the team. Even though the relegation fight isn't enterly left behind, these results allow the team to breath and I'm optimistic about the future of the team now.
    Yeah is just so nice to win a few games, the atmosphere is much better around the club now, many fans excited for the winter window.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    I think the fact that the fans are behind the team 100% has helped the team no question marks about the owner or any nonsense about not having money to spend its exciting times and the team are all trying to prove a point to the new manager
    Exactly the team are trying to prove a point with the new manager here, it's like a fresh start for them all. The owners need to show business in the winter window coming up
  • Ashy
    RxHUYlm.png
    With rumours of talks happening between both clubs in December it appears those whispers were very real. Jardim got his man as Newcastle smash their transfer record splashing £27.5m on the Spanish midfielder Carlos Soler. The 21 year old signs a 5 year deal with the club agreeing to £45k a week, another thing to note is Valencia added a 15% sell on clause to the deal if Newcastle sell the player in the future. So where does he fit in the team, well he plays on the right of midfield a lot in Spain however Jardim sees him as a central midfield partner to Shelvey, the question is can Soler make the transition and how fast can he settle at the club?

After a lack of game-time especially under Jardim, Joselu exits the club for a fee of £4.7m to Bundesliga side Hoffenheim. The club wish him the best as they focus on more January incomings.

Other big transfers:
    • Casemiro exits Real Madrid for Man City with a price tag of £91.2m.
    • As Casemiro comes in, David Silva comes out with Barca sealing the £38.7m deal for the Spanish midfielder.
    • Leicester City accept Leverkusen's £27.6m bid for the Nigerian defensive midfielder Ndidi.
    • Juan Mata makes switch to Leipzig with a fee of £21m agreed between both clubs.
    • £22.5m rated Butland exits the Championship for high flying Italian side Roma.
  • Ashy
    edited October 2018
    Man Utd inflict first home defeat for Jardim as 2019 starts with a loss
    Zt1eYKN.png

Newcastle respond well with incredible FA Cup victory over City
    W46Wgmx.png

A new year is here and a very tough start for Newcastle with both Manchester clubs in the same week, firstly a Premier League clash with Mourinho, both Portuguese managers going at it in what will go down as a very feisty match. Man Utd did very well to take the lead and double it shortly after, Ritchie dragged the Magpies back in the match with a goal before halftime. Pogba seemed to seal the result though extending the lead but a very good performance overall in Jardim's first home defeat of the season. Following that was an FA Cup clash involving Man City, this may have been the best performance we have seen from Newcastle all season as they were 2-0 up, Carlos Soler came off the bench to make his debut and the Magpies progress to the next round taking out one of the favourites.
  • Ashy
    edited October 2018
    DVwUVKB.png
    Another big transfer for Newcastle, many fans talked about wanting to improve the left side of defence with Paul Dummett's lack of pace and attacking threat. Well it appears Jardim has convinced experienced England and Tottenham left-back Danny Rose to make the switch after a £16m fee was agreed earlier this week. Rose will earn the highest wage at the club to date with an £80k/week deal agreed over 3 years. Rose spoke on the transfer saying, "It's great for me to move up North where my family is and where I was born, the air is different here, I absolutely love it. Newcastle are going through a transition period and the project ahead looks very promising, I'm exciting to be part of it. It's important for me to play every week and that didn't quite happen at Tottenham, Jardim convinced me and here I am ready to do what I can for this big club."

Newcastle agree to bring Uruguayan starlet Federico Valverde on a year long loan from Real Madrid, the 20 year old is eager to get some more minutes and Jardim has convinced the player he will play a part in Newcastle's season ahead. Valverde is primarily a central midfielder however the Newcastle boss is looking to play him a little further up the pitch possibly behind the striker.

Other big transfers:
    • Liverpool capture Juventus left-back Alex Sandro for a quite cheap fee of £31.9m.
    • Speaking about full-backs Chelsea throw £45.8m at Real Madrid as they seal the deal to bring Carvajal to London.
    • Title contenders Everton splash £35.6m on Croatia striker Kramaric from Hoffenheim as they look to shock the country with a Premier League title this season.
    • Milan spend big on the left-back position after agreeing a £33.1m fee for Benfica defender Grimaldo.
    • Taison exits Shakhtar as Villarreal wrap up £25.7m deal for the Brazilian.
  • subpop
    I believe that Carlos Soler is a very good signing. Technically gifted midfielder that can play in several roles in this line. He also reaches the rival box easily. And he's young!
  • Wyojasond
    13322 posts Has That Special Something
    Soler is a Greta signing for Newcastle and exactly what they need! If he can adapt to the PL fast he could make some serious noise. Team has scored some major victories of late.
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great signings, especially Rose as he has expressed interest of going north and wanting to play more. Very good defender with attack ability.
  • JoshDFC
    Great signings to improve the team it will be interesting to see how they fit in Rose is a perfect signing to add experience whilst Soler will hopefully offer more in midfield
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    The team responded great after the unfortunate defeat against ManU. Big win in the cup against City.
    I also like the signigs! Soler is a great talented player and Rose does bring in some good experience and pace on the Fullback position. Some big intentions there at Newcastle as it seems.
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Danny Rose, Yedlin, Manquillo

Just sign every good ex-Sunderland full back haha
  • Ashy
    I believe that Carlos Soler is a very good signing. Technically gifted midfielder that can play in several roles in this line. He also reaches the rival box easily. And he's young!
    Yep I want him to be a Fabregas type player for us, I think he holds the ability to achieve that, great passer and can unlock defensive with his vision and decision making.
    Soler is a Greta signing for Newcastle and exactly what they need! If he can adapt to the PL fast he could make some serious noise. Team has scored some major victories of late.
    Hopefully no big teams come calling too quickly, really think he can make it big here, the first signing of the 'project'
    Great signings, especially Rose as he has expressed interest of going north and wanting to play more. Very good defender with attack ability.
    Yeah I felt I wanted an experienced English defender in and he fits the bill perfectly, didn't cost too much either.
  • Ashy
    Great signings to improve the team it will be interesting to see how they fit in Rose is a perfect signing to add experience whilst Soler will hopefully offer more in midfield
    Both add so much to the team, if we can keep making additions like that in future windows we are on the right track
    The team responded great after the unfortunate defeat against ManU. Big win in the cup against City.
    I also like the signigs! Soler is a great talented player and Rose does bring in some good experience and pace on the Fullback position. Some big intentions there at Newcastle as it seems.
    Glad you like the signings, they were my top 2 targets so happy I got them, and yes great to respond with a cup win against City, would absolutely love a good cup run this season
    Chris wrote: »
    Danny Rose, Yedlin, Manquillo
    Just sign every good ex-Sunderland full back haha
    Didn't realise all 3 played for them before haha, I knew Rose used to play up North for Leeds and has family around there, well it seems all 3 made good life choices in the end haha.
  • Ashy
    Soler scores on his PL debut as Newcastle put 4 past rock-bottom Cardiff
    CQ4fenD.png

Newcastle breeze past Bristol City in FA Cup clash
    EEa3OEw.png

Man City smash Newcastle with revenge win after Cup defeat
    ehuYzqz.png

Jardim comments on the previous three games, "A good set of results until the final game of the month, we came back strong after the Man Utd loss with a big win against City, that lead us to Bristol in the next round and as a squad we came through that, some of the guys that don't play as many minutes put on a strong performances and are pushing for more, this is something I like. We did fantastic getting the points against Cardiff who are fighting for their lives to get out of relegation but to end it in the manner we did against City is a shame. They looked a different class on the day we just have to get on with it and move on to February now".
  • Ashy
    6CHrprW.png
  • Ashy
    twCZMTh.png
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good run of results beating the teams around you. Losing to City is expected so no shame there. Leicester up next in the FA cup will be difficult but hopefully the new signings can give some spark to make a run.

• Wyojasond
    13322 posts Has That Special Something
    Great run to put a little bit of breathing room between you and the bottom three.

Bellerin finally leaving Arsenal and Liverpool signing Immobile the biggest surprises for me
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah we've had a history of good loan players who we've went on to not sign haha. Most frustrating for me would be Marcos Alonso, we turned down the chance to sign him for 5m after he played for us, hands down one of my favourite players to play for the club in recent years
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow 8 goals in 2 matches :o Is this the same Newcastle like back then at the start of the season?
    Big wins just to go down then against City. Looks like they really wanted some revenge for the cup defeat...Still a close race for relegation and nothing save yet for Newcastle.
    Good luck against Leicester. A tough game but doable I would say.
  • JoshDFC
    The fantastic turn in form means tht rather then worry about relegation you are three points behind 11th place a top ten finish will be difficult but isn't impossible
  • Danimal5981
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game in hand would take you to 11th. Top half of the table still realistic, though top six might be too far fetched by now. I think your career mode incidentally swap Liverpool's red and blue teams around :wink:
  • Virtual_K
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Looks like Newcastle has turned a corner in the season. For a while there, I didn't know if I was reading your story or following the team in real life. :D Guess Manchester City got their revenge. Wonder what happened to the offense?
  • subpop
    Carlos Soler showing class since day 1. The ghost of relegation isn't gone yet, but lately things look different. It's evident that, at this point, the objective must be avoid relegation. It's normal to lose against Man City in this fight, but I wish the team can grow against the direct rivals.
  • Ashy
    Good run of results beating the teams around you. Losing to City is expected so no shame there. Leicester up next in the FA cup will be difficult but hopefully the new signings can give some spark to make a run.
    Yep new signings fitting in well already, Leicester are doing good this season so it won't be easy
    Great run to put a little bit of breathing room between you and the bottom three. Bellerin finally leaving Arsenal and Liverpool signing Immobile the biggest surprises for me
    4 points clear for now, some room I guess haha, Immobile is an interesting one, they need a proper striker I feel since Firmino isn't that type, they are lagging behind too so he might fire them back into the top 4
    Chris wrote: »
    Yeah we've had a history of good loan players who we've went on to not sign haha. Most frustrating for me would be Marcos Alonso, we turned down the chance to sign him for 5m after he played for us, hands down one of my favourite players to play for the club in recent years
    I don't remember Alonso at Sunderland but I do Bolton at the time I was thinking why have Chelsea spent so much on a Bolton left-back, turns out a good signing really.
    Wow 8 goals in 2 matches :o Is this the same Newcastle like back then at the start of the season?
    Big wins just to go down then against City. Looks like they really wanted some revenge for the cup defeat...Still a close race for relegation and nothing save yet for Newcastle.
    Good luck against Leicester. A tough game but doable I would say.
    We are playing a more attacking system now and Soler adds a lot to that I think, no nowhere near safe yet, and I don't think we will be all season really
  • Ashy
    The fantastic turn in form means tht rather then worry about relegation you are three points behind 11th place a top ten finish will be difficult but isn't impossible
    Yep top 10 is my aim if I can get there but a mid-table finish around 11th-13th wouldn't be too bad either
    The game in hand would take you to 11th. Top half of the table still realistic, though top six might be too far fetched by now. I think your career mode incidentally swap Liverpool's red and blue teams around :wink:
    Haha it's actually annoying me how well Everton are doing, I hope they drop off towards end of the season, Liverpool shouldn't be 9th either
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Looks like Newcastle has turned a corner in the season. For a while there, I didn't know if I was reading your story or following the team in real life. :D Guess Manchester City got their revenge. Wonder what happened to the offense?
    Haha it started off like real life that's for sure, Jardim has actually been sacked so you never know something could happen, doubtful under Mike Ashley though! I think we just grew in confidence and the system works better, more attacking than before.
    Carlos Soler showing class since day 1. The ghost of relegation isn't gone yet, but lately things look different. It's evident that, at this point, the objective must be avoid relegation. It's normal to lose against Man City in this fight, but I wish the team can grow against the direct rivals.
    The main objective is to avoid relegation yes but my personal aim is mid-table, potentially top half