Newcastle United | The Magpies Flying High |

Ashy
9557 posts League Winner
edited October 2018
5zkCJTN.png

Welcome to my Fifa 19 Newcastle United career mode story, I hope you enjoy the future updates and the story-line I have planned this year, I have done plenty in the past but I feel this one will be the best, it will be a little different from the start but more on that later.

So why did I choose Newcastle United? Well to me they seem like a bit of a sleeping giant that needs to be awoken, they have not won a major trophy in the past 60 years, their most successful period was in the mid 1900's where they won the FA Cup and three league titles. In the early 2000's there was a bit of success in terms of qualifying for European competitions and finishing around the top 4 consistently for a few years with club legend Alan Shearer leading the line. However in more recent times Newcastle have suffered 2 relegation's, back in 2009 and more recently in 2016. They came back up and finished mid-table under Benitez last season, but now it's time to improve on that.

I hope you enjoy :)
Post edited by Ashy on

Comments

• Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Hype video, couldn't find a good Newcastle focused one unfortunately
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    IA4nfrm.png
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    qyDNyj7.png

Goalkeepers
    • 23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png Martin Dúbravka - Rating 77
    • 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Karl Darlow - Rating 73
    • 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Rob Elliot - Rating 72
    Defenders
    • 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jamaal Lascelles - Rating 78
    • 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Florian Lejeune - Rating 78
    • 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png DeAndre Yedlin - Rating 76
    • 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ciaran Clark - Rating 76
    • 23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Federico Fernández - Rating 76
    • 17px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png Fabian Schär - Rating 75
    • 23px-Flag_of_Wales_%281959%E2%80%93present%29.svg.png Paul Dummett - Rating 74
    • 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Javier Manquillo - Rating 74
    • 23px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png Achraf Lazaar - Rating 67
    Midfielders
    • 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jonjo Shelvey - Rating 78
    • 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Matt Ritchie - Rating 77
    • 23px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Kenedy - Rating 76
    • 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Ki Sung-yueng - Rating 76
    • 23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png Christian Atsu - Rating 75
    • 23px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png Mohamed Diamé - Rating 75
    • 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jacob Murphy - Rating 72
    • 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Isaac Hayden - Rating 72
    • 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Víctor Fernández - Rating 63
    Forwards
    • 23px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.png Salomón Rondón - Rating 77
    • 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Ayoze Pérez - Rating 76
    • 23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Yoshinori Mutō - Rating 76
    • 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Joselu - Rating 74
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    iCis7pr.png

Summer Window

Transfers in (£22,500,000)
    Yoshinori Mutō (Mainz 05) - £9,500,000
    Federico Fernández (Swansea City) - £6,000,000
    Martin Dúbravka (Sparta Prague) - £4,000,000
    Fabian Schär (Deportivo La Coruña) - £3,000,000
    Ki Sung-yueng (Swansea City) - Free

Loans in
    Kenedy (Chelsea)
    Salomón Rondón (West Bromwich Albion)

Transfers out (£44,250,000)
    Aleksandar Mitrović (Fulham) - £22,000,000
    Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad) - £10,000,000
    Chancel Mbemba (Porto) - £7,000,000
    Matz Sels (Strasbourg) - £3,500,000
    Adam Armstrong (Blackburn Rovers) - £1,750,000
    Massadio Haïdara (Lens) - Released
    Jesús Gámez (Free Agent) - Released

Loans out
    Dwight Gayle (West Bromwich Albion)
    Jack Colback (Nottingham Forest)
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    OwEtDLI.png

- Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
    - Cardiff City v Newcastle United
    - Newcastle United v Chelsea
    - Manchester City v Newcastle United
    - Newcastle United v Arsenal
    - Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
    - Newcastle United v Leicester City
    - Manchester United v Newcastle United
    - Newcastle United v Brighton
    - Southampton v Newcastle United

Overall - PL0, W0, D0, L0
    Home - PL0, W0, D0, L0
    Away - PL0, W0, D0, L0
    Premier League 0% Win Ratio
    Overall 0% Win Ratio
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    jNwgg8U.png
    Name - Position - Country - Rating - Potential status

You may now post
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Nice club and interesting story to follow. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Nice introduction.

Good luck!
  • Stlducks
    1442 posts Professional
    I'm excited to see how this one goes. Off to a great start it seems, good luck.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck.

The amount of money we've made in the past couple of transfer windows is astonishing. Please spend some :D
  • Wyojasond
    11237 posts Has That Special Something
    As always looking forward to following. Like the team choice. Certainly have a chance to make some early noise in the league B)
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    subpop wrote: »
    Nice club and interesting story to follow. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Nice introduction.
    Good luck!
    Thanks, not the usual club I go with, normally it's Arsenal because I support them but I want a bigger challenge this time round
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I'm excited to see how this one goes. Off to a great start it seems, good luck.
    Cheers, had my graphics and stuff already prepared :)
    Good luck.
    The amount of money we've made in the past couple of transfer windows is astonishing. Please spend some :D
    Thanks, I'll try do you proud and yes the money has not been spent and it's time to change things around here :o
    As always looking forward to following. Like the team choice. Certainly have a chance to make some early noise in the league B)
    Thanks mate, there will certainly be noise made, looking forward to yours too

There will be no player sponsoring or anything like this for the first season but I might do something in the second season. I'm going to be doing an update a day started from today going from the World Cup win through the transfers and real life pre-season to finally the first press conference and we kick off the campaign on Tuesday the 25th.
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    YXkQDCD.png

It was an incredible World Cup and a six goal thriller of a final, France's big names stepped up with Griezmann, Pogba and Mbappe scoring while Croatia put up a good fight but the brilliance of the French was too strong. No Newcastle players featured in the World Cup however they are rumoured to be signing a few players who played a part in the coming weeks.

As for Newcastle news it seems Spanish midfielder Mikel Merino has departed the club after only one season, he moved there only last summer on loan from Dortmund, later in the year Newcastle activated a clause to purchase him permanently and after 24 appearances and 1 goal he departs returning to his home country as Real Sociedad pay the £10m fee.

It's not all bad news for Newcastle fans however, as they complete a double swoop of Kenedy and Dubravka after both players impressed at the club last season. Kenedy came on loan last January and his loan has now been extended until next summer, while goalkeeper Dubravka also had a strong second half of the season at Newcastle after arriving on loan in January from Sparta Prague, Newcastle activated his £4m clause to keep him at the club permanently after solidifying the number one spot.
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looking forward to follow this!
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Newcastle kick pre-season off with a win in Dublin
    EAoTEV3.png

Perez rescues late draw at Hull in four goal thriller
    N38CrZL.png
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Newcastle hold out Porto in a feisty goalless draw
    RQVbuL5.png

Rafa Benitez comments as Newcastle reach the half-way point through pre-season with 2 games remaining; We have an advantage because our whole squad is here with us from the start and we can work on some things and ideas with everybody involved, this summer involves a bit of travelling here and there, our first win in Dublin was a good start, the players looked sharp and we were very much in control of the game throughout.

Hull was a bit more of a challenge and we just switched off a couple of times but the guys came back fighting to get the draw and I like to see the fight in the players to achieve results like this, we do not give up. Travelling to Portugal was next on the agenda and quite a challenging one, Porto are the best team in this country and we stood toe to toe with them in the draw, the defence looked much better and we are slowly improving and getting that match fitness and sharpness on point, hopefully you guys will hear some good news on the transfer front in the coming days.
  • Stlducks
    1442 posts Professional
    I like the score graphics, very clean look.
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Always enjoy your stories. No losses so far and holding Porto to a draw is a great result!
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    b4usiddhu2 wrote: »
    Looking forward to follow this!
    I like the score graphics, very clean look.
    Thank you, wanted a more simplified easy to edit and post look so I can concentrate on other things :)
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Always enjoy your stories. No losses so far and holding Porto to a draw is a great result!
    Appreciate it mate, indeed so far so good really
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    os0rEpd.png

Some big transfer news for Newcastle this week and the main story involves around the purchase of the £3m rated Swiss international central defender Fabian Schär, the 26 year old brings lots of experience to the side having played a key role in the national team after getting knocked out in the Round of 16 by Sweden, Schär spent most of his career at FC Basel and more recently tried his trade in the Bundesliga and La Liga and now he looks for a challenge in the Premier League. He will face some tough competition for the centre-back spot with Lejeune and Clark competing to partner captain Lascelles as of right now. Benitez sings high praises of him and welcomes him to the club.

More Newcastle news involves in sale of Mitrovic, having spent the season on loan to Fulham last year and playing a key role in their promotion back to the Premier League, the London side splashed £22m to keep him in the capital permanently. Fans are crying out for a strong replacement but the search continues.

As for more incomings Newcastle pounce quickly to capture Korean central midfielder Ki Sung-yueng from relegated side Swansea City after the player became a free agent in the summer. Ki played for Korea during the World Cup as they beat Germany but suffered a early exit in the group stage, the 29 year old will look to break in the Newcastle central midfield with competition from Diame and Hayden to partner Shelvey.
  • Stlducks
    1442 posts Professional
    Very cheap signings while bringing in a good amount for Mitro. Saving money for one big striker perhaps? Or possibly invest in some retail stores with the previous owner.. 😁
  • subpop
    Up and downs in the preseason, although Porto isn't easy at all. In any case, there are rotations and tests, so it's to expect something weird in this kind of games.

In the transfer section, still a bit quiet, but summer is long. Willing to see if there are big names or if Benitez prefers to build a solid team step by step.
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    Very cheap signings while bringing in a good amount for Mitro. Saving money for one big striker perhaps? Or possibly invest in some retail stores with the previous owner.. 😁
    We will see on the Mitrovic replacement, I mean you know what happens IRL anyway haha, Mike Ashley's investment will come into play soon as the story-line continues!
    subpop wrote: »
    Up and downs in the preseason, although Porto isn't easy at all. In any case, there are rotations and tests, so it's to expect something weird in this kind of games.
    In the transfer section, still a bit quiet, but summer is long. Willing to see if there are big names or if Benitez prefers to build a solid team step by step.
    Just going off IRL transfers so far, Benitez wants to spend the money but the owner isn't giving him enough, maybe there will be some drama over this decision in the days to come, the transfer window slams shut 2 weeks from now :o
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Braga run riot in Portugal as Newcastle look amateur
    y2nSUkQ.png

Newcastle finish off pre-season with a disappointing loss in front of the home fans
    1F4Yhze.png

Newcastle end their pre-season horribly with two losses and not a goal scored, after remaining in Portugal for a second fixture, Braga ran riot on Benitez's side with the Magpies midfield duo Diame and Hayden performing especially worse than the rest. The final game Newcastle travelled back home and Bundesliga side Augsburg saw out a 1-0 victory, the Germans were very difficult to break down and the fans go away unhappy. The Premier League begins next week and Benitez had this to say;

'It's a shame to end pre-season the way we did after a good start, we come out of it with no major injuries and our focus is now on to the Premier League with a tough start against Tottenham.'

Benitez was questions on the Mitrovic sale and a possible replacement in the last few days of the transfer window being open, 'Mitrovic wanted to move on and we got good money for him, I'm not sure how much we can spend, that's up to the owner, we have ongoing talks with a few players, for sure one or two will come in, who I cannot be sure'
  • Wyojasond
    11237 posts Has That Special Something
    Brutal preseason. Newcastle has some nice talent but they really need a few more pieces. Not sure Benitez can pull off another miracle
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    Brutal preseason. Newcastle has some nice talent but they really need a few more pieces. Not sure Benitez can pull off another miracle
    He's a good manager but he needs more tools to work with to get this team fighting higher up the table, he's getting a bit frustrated over the situation really and some big investment is needed in January I think but can he convince Mike Ashley?
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    MXCJtsf.png

Newcastle find their Mitrovic replacement in £9.5m rated Japanese centre forward Yoshinori Muto, the 26 year old returns from the World Cup and completes his transfer almost instantly after returning to Mainz in Germany, the striker scored 20 goals in 66 appearances and Benitez will be hoping he can fit right into his system with competition from Perez, Joselu and now Rondon.

In additional news Dwight Gayle exits the club on a year loan deal in exchange with West Brom forward Salomón Rondón this will allow Benitez to have a target man option opposed to a different type of striker in Muto and Perez. Finally Newcastle add to the defence with Swansea City centre-back Federico Fernandez, this allows for massive competition with 4 strong central defenders competing for two spots.
  • Ashy
    9557 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    697cyOB.png

Benitez held a press conference as we are hours from the kick off of the 18/19 Premier League season, Newcastle will host Tottenham at St James' Park this Saturday in what will be a difficult start for the Magpies, here is what he had to say to the media;

After finishing 10th place last season how far do you think you can take this side?
    'Well I don't want to play it down but you see the table last season many teams were very very close to each other, we were only 4 points above 15th, but at the same time 10 points off 7th place. For me that is our aim to get a spot in the European competitions, sometimes we have to win a cup to achieve that or finish 7th or higher, it's up for grabs that's for sure but we need to be more consistent.'

What are your thoughts on the transfer window, did you get everyone you wanted?
    'I don't want to speak too much into that, it's public knowledge that I am not happy with our investment, I'm probably going to get into trouble talking about it in detail but we need to start spending like a proper Premier League club. Moving on I feel like we brought some experienced talent to our squad, the likes of Fernandez adds depth in our defence and much more competition as does Schar, he's a Swiss international that can grow into a strong centre half for sure. Ki again adds to our midfield where I thought we were lacking bodies, he'll be an important player for us but the main change is our man up front, Rondon and Muto are brought in and will hopefully add goals which is something we struggled with last season.'

Have you spoke to Mike Ashley recently or will you begin talks about your future soon?
    'You guys want a headline don't you? *laughs*, We have not spoke in person all summer if I am honest, my contract ends this season and I'm not prepared to commit further until we have discussions over the investment in the club, a club this size cannot be spending half of their summer sales and expect to compete high up the table, the fans want to see ambition and if we cannot show that in the transfer market then we must show our ambition on the pitch. All I can say is I will do my best this season and let's see where we are in a few months time, now onto the game this Saturday please.'

What are your thoughts on your first opponent this season, Tottenham?
    'Well we struggled against them in both games last season, they are a quality side and are a team that is pushing to compete for the title, we failed to score against them last season I believe we lost 2-0 at home and 1-0 away, so I want to see us go toe to toe and get a goal as early as possible. Their attack is very dynamic, they may have the best striker in the world in Harry Kane and the creativity from Eriksen, Son, Alli, it's just very hard to stop but that is what I'm paid for, we must find a way to neutralise that attack.'

Finally do you have a starting eleven in mind, who's your man leading the line?
    'Well everyone is fit and ready to go, I don't want to give too much away but expect it to be similar to how we ended the season in May, as for the striker we are trying different options in training and we will see on the day, competition is strong in that area and both Muto and Rondon are fighting hard to start for us, let's say it will be a surprise, okay if that's everything then thank you and goodbye."
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Stlducks
    1442 posts Professional
    Tough start to the season with Tottenham but it's at home and really last season Newcastle should have had a point in the 1-0 defeat. Spurs always seem to have tough matches at Newcastle.

If the defense can hold tight, I think you earn a point in this one.
  • subpop
    It's evident from the press conference that Rafa Benitez is far from happy... the pre-season shows that the team seem far from the objective. Probably Benitez has good reasons to complain, but losing against Braga by 4 goals or Augsburg (a weak team in the Bundesliga) expose that the problem isn't just the players, as they should defeat these rivals anyway.

Let's see what happens when the real stuff begins.
  • JoshDFC
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Newcastle are a sleeping giant in the wrong hands as it stands I feel they have the potential to grow into a big club but it will need wise investment