@ AJAX | Season 2, 2019-20 | March 2020

Comments

• subpop
    3040 posts National Call-Up
    Barcelona goes with everything. Good to see Cucurella back home. Good lineup of Barcelona... the bench isn't scary except for Dembélé.

It should be a great game.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #39
    (UEFA Champions League -2nd Round- Final 16, 1st leg)

KKcm9vc.png

MATCH

STATS
    h0DTbpw.png

ufrfSNb.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
    FLB9BLz.png
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    @subpop It was...
  • Good victory against a world class opponent. The goals look like they were pretty fun to take too, especially Dolberg's at 60'.
  • DB1512
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mixed feelings if you ask me, you win against a worldclass team but on the other hand you gave away a four goal margin. Some quality goals, didn't know Busquets had this in him :lol:
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 10
    Good victory against a world class opponent. The goals look like they were pretty fun to take too, especially Dolberg's at 60'.
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Mixed feelings if you ask me, you win against a worldclass team but on the other hand you gave away a four goal margin. Some quality goals, didn't know Busquets had this in him :lol:

It's the downside of playing highest level: Scoring ability clearly hasn't been affected. In most cases I'm still capable of controlling the pace of the game. But at this level, when you're up the AI suddenly starts converting every goal attempt it seems. 3-4 (v PSV), 7-2 (v NAC), 4-4 (v AZ), now 4-3 (v Barcelona) feel like handball scores to me, honestly. For me it's too arcade. At Legendary it's still a challenge, especially in European games, just not with these weird scores @WestardLord @DB1512
  • Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner
    What sliders are you working with? Are they the operation sports ones? Either way a great victory.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #40
    (Dutch League -EREDIVISIE- Round 24 of 34)

DWxFFb0.png

MATCH

STATS
    2LpcSx2.png

VRPWikW.png

LEAGUE
    in4oYNN.png
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 10
    What sliders are you working with? Are they the operation sports ones? Either way a great victory.

@Wyojasond I used to play Legendary, with sliders 40-60 in favor of CPU
    Recently, I started with Ultimate, with sliders 50-50 (default)

AI ought to move along with the opponent

5 stars (OVR 83 or higher)
    4.5 stars (OVR 79-83)
    4 stars (OVR 75-79)
    3.5 stars (OVR 71-75)
    All at Ultimate... 3 stars or less (OVR 70 and below) at Legendary. Sth like that
  • Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner

@Wyojasond I used to play Legendary, with sliders 40-60 in favor of CPU
    Recently, I started with Ultimate, with sliders 50-50 (default)

AI ought to move along with the opponent

5 stars (OVR 83 or higher)
    4.5 stars (OVR 79-83)
    4 stars (OVR 75-79)
    3.5 stars (OVR 71-75)
    All at Ultimate... 3 stars or less (OVR 70 and below) at Legendary. Sth like that

I highly recommend the Operation Sports sliders. There are a few sliders for sure that are very touchy this year.
  • LAboog4
    72 posts Park Captain
    After a mini dip in form, Ajax are back to dominating the league. 8 points ahead and looking like they are more likely to win 4-0 than lose a match at the moment.

Like @Wyojasond said, OS have a very good thread with updated slider sets. With the new CTT feature this year, sliders such as line height, width and fullback positioning are very touchy and change the game.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #41
    (Dutch League -EREDIVISIE- Round 25 of 34)

qDgWKIU.png

MATCH

STATS
    fBrhHGM.png

e0wpTnT.png

LEAGUE (EREDIVISIE)
    ZKnygz5.png
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    I highly recommend the Operation Sports sliders. There are a few sliders for sure that are very touchy this year.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    After a mini dip in form, Ajax are back to dominating the league. 8 points ahead and looking like they are more likely to win 4-0 than lose a match at the moment.

Like @Wyojasond said, OS have a very good thread with updated slider sets. With the new CTT feature this year, sliders such as line height, width and fullback positioning are very touchy and change the game.

Thx @LAboog4 - @Wyojasond has sent me the link and I'll toy around with it. This season is as good as done (I'm slightly further, than to what I post) so it'll be something for upcoming season.

• Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    3DnKfSe.png
  • DB1512
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It wasn't easy but you knocked down Groningen, who could have reopened the titlerace. Good transfer with Doan, the second smack against Groningen.
  • Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner
    I quite like Doan. Did a personal story with Groningen awhile back and he’s a very tricky player. Reminds me a lot of Son at Spurs. Good on the ball and has enough pace to keep you honest.
  • JoshDFC
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    What a match with Barcelona a massive victory both teams wanted to win it is important to play with the same intensity at the Camp Nou
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #42
    (Dutch League -EREDIVISIE- Round 26 of 34)

pvFQ5El.png

MATCH

STATS
    AvvCfo2.png

wxdi5WJ.png

LEAGUE (EREDIVISIE)
    Yl2D2Sl.png
  • subpop
    What a game against Barcelona... it definitely met the expectations raised on it. One might say that winning is always a good result. However, the circumstances can only leave a bittersweet taste among the fans... 4-0 and a penalty for the 5-0 seemed a dreamed scenario. But the penalty missed opened the gates of hell. Those 3 goals hurt and force Ajax to perform at the Camp Nou as, probably, any defeat will probably take Ajax out of the Champions League.

Thankfully the Eredivisie seems already closed after all the doubts shown in the previous weeks. These last victories weren't brilliant, but were good enough to practically secure the title.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    subpop wrote: »
    What a game against Barcelona... it definitely met the expectations raised on it. One might say that winning is always a good result. However, the circumstances can only leave a bittersweet taste among the fans... 4-0 and a penalty for the 5-0 seemed a dreamed scenario. But the penalty missed opened the gates of hell. Those 3 goals hurt and force Ajax to perform at the Camp Nou as, probably, any defeat will probably take Ajax out of the Champions League.

Thankfully the Eredivisie seems already closed after all the doubts shown in the previous weeks. These last victories weren't brilliant, but were good enough to practically secure the title.

@subpop Yeah, I think those three late goals against by Barça will be hurting us in Camp Nou. And totally unnecessary. I had that game in the bag after 60 minutes. Missed penalty or not, I should've never given three away. The Sergio Busquets goal was difficult to prevent, the 4-2 was a rebound (bad luck), but the 4-3 was completely avoidable.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #43
    (Dutch League -EREDIVISIE- Round 27 of 34)

XAoT1MO.png

MATCH

STATS
    DtHf5KO.png

gQSJqcc.png

LEAGUE (EREDIVISIE)
    ePYp4qb.png
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    KuQwPY7.png
  • Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner
    Can’t say I know either player, but given Ajax’s history with young players I’m sure we’ll learn there names soon enough.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can’t say I know either player, but given Ajax’s history with young players I’m sure we’ll learn there names soon enough.

That's indeed what Ajax is mainly about... getting players known, primarily from Scandinavia and South-America.

Though Ajax changed tag a little lately. They've opened affiliates in NY USA, Brazil, 2 in China, Japan, Ghana and there already was one in South Africa. And the goal is to attract young talents, let them play on their respective continents and if deemed good enough, they get a chance in Amsterdam. @Wyojasond
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 13
    sBXchJ7.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • subpop
    A draw with the Champions League in mind, while Ajax keep signing talents for the future. In the present, the Barça game seems fundamental... the irony, if Ajax win, I guess it would push the directors of Barcelona to talk to Dani Cruijff, as Valverde wouldn't be forgiven for yet another European failure. If Ajax lose, then things might change. But that's the future, considering the precedent, the upcoming game should be fantastic and a thriller.

... and that badge... thanks god it was denied by the 'socis' of the club.
  • JoshDFC
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    This game with Barcelona coming up can really show Ajax mean business in Europe but a loss and I feel it could mean Ajax face an exodus in the summer with key players leaving.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    Predictions...?

oU1GlmR.png

LINE-UP FC BARCELONA
    Tu5OvTN.png

A6vDpQG.png

u4nr9Sa.png

F5aQyvR.png

LINE-UP AFC AJAX
    i3QmEFC.png

pllNDIx.png

0Scn6V1.png

ZtT5BWW.png
  • subpop
    My bet... another extraordinary match: 2-2.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    subpop wrote: »
    My bet... another extraordinary match: 2-2.

It became almost 2-2 at a given moment...