@ AJAX | Season 2, 2019-20 | End of Season nears

Comments

• Danimal5981
    1987 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 8
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #35
    (Dutch League -EREDIVISIE- Round 21 of 34)

GXsEF1A.png

MATCH

apologies for leaving the mic, on :wink:

STATS
    uxWtXWC.png

LkRuADK.png

LEAGUE
    lm3y4oj.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Danimal5981
    4i8zG6B.png
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    Yeah as Arsenal fan I would be a bit worried right now. The lack of champions league football and an owner like Kroenke, 4th place maybe the best they can do for quite awhile and that might even be a reach.

Back to the story though, I think going up to ultimate was smart. I did the same thing recently, and I have a feeling these huge wins are going to happen a bit more actually. Just with the way the ultimate teams seem to play a bit more aggressive.
  • DB1512
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What a transfer for Ziyech! Will he be the first of many outgoing transfers? Would be interesting to see what Ajax can do when De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech and Onana should go.
  • Danimal5981
    DB1512 wrote: »
    What a transfer for Ziyech! Will he be the first of many outgoing transfers? Would be interesting to see what Ajax can do when De Jong, De Ligt, Ziyech and Onana should go.

Next summer maybe, the winter transfer window is now closed. Ajax (minus Ziyech) will finish the season. @DB1512
  • Danimal5981
    Yeah as Arsenal fan I would be a bit worried right now. The lack of champions league football and an owner like Kroenke, 4th place maybe the best they can do for quite awhile and that might even be a reach.

Back to the story though, I think going up to ultimate was smart. I did the same thing recently, and I have a feeling these huge wins are going to happen a bit more actually. Just with the way the ultimate teams seem to play a bit more aggressive.

So @Wyojasond ultimate means more unpredictable? I never managed to score 7 before at legendary or world class in any type fixture. So I was quite surprised to achieve it at the highest vanilla level.
  • subpop
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    Impressive victory... Ultimate level then? I didn't try it as I still struggle with legendary.

Back to the story, good to see that the team will remain essentially together, at least until the end of the season. There's a feeling of farewell season in many aspects as a great achivement would be a perfect end of this stage... if it's really the final chapter of Dani at Ajax.

• Danimal5981
    subpop wrote: »
    Impressive victory... Ultimate level then? I didn't try it as I still struggle with legendary.

Back to the story, good to see that the team will remain essentially together, at least until the end of the season. There's a feeling of farewell season in many aspects as a great achivement would be a perfect end of this stage... if it's really the final chapter of Dani at Ajax.

Indeed, ultimate. Yeah, the end of this particular Ajax is nearing; Ziyech already left, Tadic about to. Hunting for new names.
  • DB1512
    Indeed, ultimate. Yeah, the end of this particular Ajax is nearing; Ziyech already left, Tadic about to. Hunting for new names.

What about the famous Ajax academy? Isn't there an exciting prospect at the Toekomst who can replace Ziyech or Tadic?
  • Danimal5981
    What about the famous Ajax academy? Isn't there an exciting prospect at the Toekomst who can replace Ziyech or Tadic?

Good question @DB1512 - Christiaan van Leeuwen (17, CAM), Jens Knudsen (18, CM) and Lucas Jacobs (17, Winger, on loan at Fulham) are waiting in the wings. They all debuted during last season, they get their sparse minutes and are waiting for the breakthrough. But (not counting injuries) the current team will finish the season.
  • DB1512
    @Danimal5981 I understand that the current team will finish this season, was just wondering if there are any talents who could challence for a spot in the squad for next season. Those guys you mention have the age to be dropped in front of the lions, but do they also have the quality for that?
  • Danimal5981
    @Danimal5981 I understand that the current team will finish this season, was just wondering if there are any talents who could challence for a spot in the squad for next season. Those guys you mention have the age to be dropped in front of the lions, but do they also have the quality for that?

Potential, at least :wink:
  • Ashy
    8231 posts League Winner
    Man... spend that 100 million euros wisely, I wonder how much of that will be available in transfer funds however. Ajax look like they are on the verge of winning another title and winning games like that last one just shows how ruthless this team can be
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    For the bit I’ve been playing at ultimate it wants the big step up I thought it would be. There have been a few games I’ve really struggled but I’d say unpredictable is a better explanation than challenging. Still putting 7 past any team on here is always a surprise.
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 7
    For the bit I’ve been playing at ultimate it wants the big step up I thought it would be. There have been a few games I’ve really struggled but I’d say unpredictable is a better explanation than challenging. Still putting 7 past any team on here is always a surprise.

@Wyojasond The main difference is that on Legendary, I can control the game a lot more which results in realistic scores - it's very regular, very constant. At Ultimate, the AI level fluctuates a lot, resulting in sometimes weird scores. The 7-2 was such an example and there is one in the near future which will underline that as well (though it did happen in real life too). As if the difference in AI level (number of stars) is streched. The lesser teams appear slightly less than on Legendary, whereas 4 and 5 star teams are slightly better.
  • Danimal5981
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #36
    (Dutch Cup -KNVB Beker- Quarter Finals, last 8)

anXGFM9.png

MATCH

STATS
    jrsHvyO.png

hydgkvg.png

CUP
    G4ucEe2.png

bGOFW7e.png
  • Danimal5981
    This is the 2nd of 3 videos where I didn't notice that the mic was on (one more after this). Sorry...
  • JDB44
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It is always nice to win cup games without having to play key players, even better whengiving youth debuts.

It looks like the final four left are all tough opponents. Hopefully the final is Ajax and Feyenoord.
  • DB1512
    Quit an open match with also some good chances for Excelsior, also some good reflexes of Stekelenburg. Looking forward to see more of Brandt, what kind of player is he?
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 8
    JDB44 wrote: »
    It is always nice to win cup games without having to play key players, even better whengiving youth debuts.

It looks like the final four left are all tough opponents. Hopefully the final is Ajax and Feyenoord.

@JDB44
    Yeah, the only time I defeated them was in the last Cup final (in extra time). I need one more over the arch rival!
    Quit an open match with also some good chances for Excelsior, also some good reflexes of Stekelenburg. Looking forward to see more of Brandt, what kind of player is he?

@DB1512 from page 20:
    11y2Skk.png

Stefan Brandt, like his (virtual) cousin Julian at Leverkusen and German ex-Ajax player Amin Younes, is a left footed winger.
  • Danimal5981
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #37
    (Dutch League -EREDIVISIE- Round 22 of 34)

gIYuskJ.png

MATCH

STATS
    gySYcvo.png

fg4vsfr.png

LEAGUE
    hZoe0E8.png
  • Danimal5981
    3rd and final video with microphone on. Sorry...
  • JDB44
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Still 7 points ahead in the table but the form has to be over concern now. 8 points in 5 games is not the point return this team needs to win the league.

Good news is the team was so good to start the year, you have time to improve without falling from first.
  • Danimal5981
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #38
    (Dutch League -EREDIVISIE- Round 23 of 34)

dhGF4Ss.png

MATCH

STATS
    WUqW8Ub.png

KbH5dgR.png

LEAGUE
    fDKvFyV.png
  • subpop
    I wonder if the Eredivisie isn't closed as I expected. 8 points are a lot (could have been 4 or 5 though), but the recent defensive weakness of the team is scary as Barça appear in the horizon.
  • Wyojasond
    9111 posts League Winner
    Have to agree with subpop, the defense is showing some major cracks. Hopefully the team is ready for Barca.
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 9
    subpop wrote: »
    I wonder if the Eredivisie isn't closed as I expected. 8 points are a lot (could have been 4 or 5 though), but the recent defensive weakness of the team is scary as Barça appear in the horizon.
    Have to agree with subpop, the defense is showing some major cracks. Hopefully the team is ready for Barca.

@subpop @Wyojasond Yes, my goal scoring is on par, my defensive skills far under.
    But, not far from real life, really.

• Danimal5981
    HuZkOAD.png
  • subpop
    Surprised about these words of Sjsak Swart. It is not that Barcelona have shown to be impossible to beat. Not just this, Ajax have been very solid in Europe in the last 2 seasons.

Then Dani seems ready to defend with 5... what is going on?
  • Danimal5981
    edited February 9
    kzC0s27.png

AFC AJAX LINE-UP
    kx6svNE.png

d6jA43H.png

93G0nEV.png

f3npAFO.png

FC BARCELONA LINE-UP
    v9iEngr.png

fnsCUKZ.png