• Danimal5981
    2238 posts Fans' Favourite
    YjcySBu.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 24
    AEK (Gre) v AJAX
    (Champions League 2018/19, Group E: round 5 of 6)

WD92zE1.png

1oiDTdm.png

8wKK5xQ.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    b4USBrP.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    This is turning into a very interesting season in every tournament, including the Cup. As the article says, this month may decide the fate of the season. At the UCL, it's fundamental to defeat AEK. In the league, the problem might be rotations. And the Dutch cup give us an early final... I wonder if this is a priority for Ajax in this situation.
  • Danimal5981
    j730QWO.png
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Massive win against Athens coming from behind after falling behind to a very lucky goal with the penalty bouncing back to the taker
  • subpop
    tqLY9ed.png
  • Danimal5981
    YDaob3m.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 25
    AJAX vs ADO Den Haag
    (Eredivisie 2018/19, round 14 of 34)

FOyM2lU.png

jZvSfrE.png

eFJhybd.png
  • JoshDFC
    Massive win for PSV beating Feyenoord they don't seem to want to let go of that top spot it will be a tough battle for the title this season I feel
  • Danimal5981
    IJsseldelta is the non-commercial name of the home to PEC Zwolle, because it is close to the original place where the river IJssel ended into the South Sea. Due to poldering and the sealing off of the South Sea (now: IJsselmeer / Lake IJssel) via the Afsluitdijk (Seal Off Dike), the city of Zwolle suddenly found itself more land inward.

fykZ1HP.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 26
    PEC Zwolle v AJAX
    (Eredivisie 2018/19, round 15 of 34)

VvxwUp9.png

aekJqC4.png

rAWyFTk.png
  • Danimal5981
    0RzyAU7.png
  • MrSavage
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    De Ligt got sent off but I don't think he missed any games, shouldn't he have missed the ADO Den Haag game? Or am I maybe just reading the line up wrong
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    @MrSavage sharp eyes! He did miss Match 25; the ADO home game;
    Ajax played #3 Joël Veltman & #5 Max Wöber and #10 Dusan Tadic was captain.
    I just didn't update the template.

Thanks for the awareness!

Moving on... the all important game against Bayern is up ahead...

xMNVmGV.png
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    thLoeIt.png
  • subpop
    tpqUtVb.png
  • Ashy
    9729 posts League Winner
    Hopefully you do enough to get out of the group, 3 points clear I believe so a draw is all you need, maybe Benfica won't win but you cannot guarantee that. As for the league well it seems PSV just won't drop points, good to see you keeping up with them and putting the pressure on. The youth Swedish guy from the academy looks like he may become something decent in the future too, nice to see you scout in realistic destinations too, lots of potential in these areas.
  • JoshDFC
    A massive game hopefully the team can get a result and get themselves int the knockout stage but it won't be easy against Bayern even if they have already qualified Bayern aren't the type of team to take their foot off the gas
  • Danimal5981
    r5iqnLy.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 27
    AJAX v FC Bayern (Ger)
    (Champions League 2018/19, Group E: round 6 of 6)

mbHN5TG.png

GQj3LVQ.png

bXYlpYY.png
  • subpop
    trC4NxM.png

RjYdTto.png

• subpop
    Congratulations! It seems it wasn't easy at all.

Seriously now, you are a referee. It seems it's a clear offside, but it's true that the Bayern player heads the ball AFTER the Ajax player tries and actually plays the ball in awful way. So wouldn't it be a second action independent from Robben's shot?

I think it's offisde because the Bayern player that heads the ball takes advantage of his offside position and the Ajax player is pressured, so it can't be seen as second action, but this action made me think about what the rule actually say.

I guess your heart stopped for a second there. :#
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    subpop wrote: »
    Congratulations! It seems it wasn't easy at all.

I guess your heart stopped for a second there. :#

No, this was offside.
    1. The player is nearer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (which is the goalkeeper at first) rules 2005
    2. Deflections via the hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered definition 2017
    3. Gaining an advantage when it has rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar, match official or (the back of) an opponent, from an initial offside position = not allowed.

Meaning: the deflection of the hand of Onana and the back of Tagliafico are not considered. Thus, the moment of Robben releasing the ball is decisive. Even then it's difficult to see James being in offside position.

Yes, not knowing what Benfica had done in the second half (I knew they were 1-0 up by half time), I thought I was screwed by not scoring myself in the 89th minute and then this...., but in retrospect: this goal, if allowed, would not have been lethal at all.
  • JoshDFC
    The team almost lost but the officials made the correct decision and the team can go int the next round after qualifying from a very difficult group the team almost actually secured the victory themselves with Ziyech's chance before their offside goal he has to make the keeper work from there but the point is enough
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Good result and a big accomplishment to advance. Losing Neres is a big challenge as key injuries are starting to mount up.
  • Danimal5981
    z7gysJE.png
  • Danimal5981
    LoxRwxd.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 28
    AJAX vs De Graafschap
    (Eredivisie 2018/19, round 16 of 34)

Gd5a34F.png

9uRVtiT.png

CzTnOZM.png
  • Wyojasond
    11555 posts Has That Special Something
    Man that Bayern game has to have you nervous for a bit. Pretty crazy how it all almost played out. On to the final 16 but more bad news that Neres is out for 2 months now