AJAX vs Willem II
    (Eredivisie 2018/19, round 11 of 34)

dsrRVzB.png

NEL1nkl.png

cBYkmrV.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    1 win and suddenly the gap to PSV is just two points and things are looking up already
  • Danimal5981
    2250 posts Fans' Favourite
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    1 win and suddenly the gap to PSV is just two points and things are looking up already

On top, you @JoshDFC were correct by saying that after the dreadful October might come a sunny November; this is a decent start at least.
  • Danimal5981
    lBy8Ww9.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 21
    SL Benfica (Por) v AJAX
    (Champions League 2018/19, Group E: round 4 of 6)

hzRbaz9.png

V6gO9kt.png

tKeQlPI.png
  • JoshDFC
    A poor five minute period cost you two vital points hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you later in the group stage a point away to Benfica is a good result but given the circumstances I think two dropped
  • Stlducks
    1483 posts Professional
    Agree with Joshdfc, this seems like two points dropped but going into the match a draw would have been seen as a good result. Now a needed win against AEK and hopefully Bayern can do you a favor with a win over Benfica.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    AAxUVhn.png
  • Danimal5981
    lLAExKx.png
  • Danimal5981
    l2KfmD7.png
  • Stlducks
    1483 posts Professional
    Major blow to see Blind go down. An experienced player who gave you options to defend. Hopefully someone is able to step up to fill the void.
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Two points dropped and Blind out, not looking great
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    A poor five minute period cost you two vital points hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you later in the group stage a point away to Benfica is a good result but given the circumstances I think two dropped
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Agree with Joshdfc, this seems like two points dropped but going into the match a draw would have been seen as a good result. Now a needed win against AEK and hopefully Bayern can do you a favor with a win over Benfica.
    Chris wrote: »
    Two points dropped and Blind out, not looking great

Well, given the game itself (I'm not gonna post entire games anymore, as they're not being watched) it was actually a point won, rather than two lost. Being 2-0 up at half time gave me a buffer of some sorts, but it was handball backs against the wall type defending 80% of the time. So, I really cherish that single point.

@subpop

So tactically, missing out on Daley Blind is major blow. But it gives me space to play Joël Veltman a couple of times, who might change his mind and would be willing to stay at the club. I'm currently getting plenty of bids for the defender, but now that Blind's injured, I am not keen on releasing him; he still has a contract for 2y7m.
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    Woudestein is a district of Rotterdam

0mUWE7y.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 22
    Excelsior v AJAX
    (Eredivisie 2018/19, round 12 of 34)

2HAPWgu.png

GMerZ1Y.png

due to the reshuffling, there were some issues with goals for and against; corrected now...

0z54Ab4.png
  • MrSavage
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Big blow in loosing Blind, Wöber's time to shine hopefully
  • Wyojasond
    11620 posts Has That Special Something
    Losing blind is such a kick to the gut. Certainly have some cover but nobody like Blind really on the team
  • JoshDFC
    Massive blow losing Blind but the team reacted in dominant fashion destroying Excelsior
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good victory against Excelsior, which is to expect given the form of the rival. In any case, considering the crisis of results, 3 points taste really well.

Blind's injury is a real problem, but it's good to see that it also opens opportunities for other players as Veltman.

Do you have "policy" or "rule" regarding in and out transfers?
  • Stlducks
    1483 posts Professional
    Great bounce back win for the club after the news of Blind. I understand the decision to only post highlights as it is a lot of work to do matches for only a few to watch. But I do enjoy watching them and hope you continue to post the big games.

Interested to see how you deal without Blind.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    cr9KYFV.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    Antoon Verlegh (1896 - 1960) was nicknamed 'De Rat' (The Rat) for being a clever and agile player.

He was an institute for the 1912 NOAD ADVENDO Combinatie from Breda playing, managing and directing the club in pre-war years. He'd later would become member of the selection committee of the KNVB, the Dutch Football Association (until professional football was introduced, a selection committee decided who'd be picked for the national team). He was labelled 'unequaled in his football knowledge'.

79i9arx.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    reserved (match ongoing...)

edit: oops..., instead of editing reserved post, I added it into a new one.

Xcuse me...
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    SEASON 2018/19 - MATCH 23
    NAC Breda v AJAX
    (Eredivisie 2018/19, round 13 of 34)

KK57QAh.png

rR2yBLd.png

eEIQOiI.png
  • Danimal5981
    f14Mddw.png
  • JoshDFC
    A massive month coming up failure in the Dutch cup and Champions League will put a massive cloud over the season but the team should be happy even if they only win the league as they haven't been as successful in recent years as they should have been
  • Wyojasond
    11620 posts Has That Special Something
    Big win to keep pace with PSV. Feyenoord not going away just yet either. Very tricky month ahead for sure. That being said the league games should be yours if the team stays healthy and motivated.
  • Danimal5981
    A massive month coming up failure in the Dutch cup and Champions League will put a massive cloud over the season but the team should be happy even if they only win the league as they haven't been as successful in recent years as they should have been

Yep, it's do or die. And of influence on how I will approach the transfer window.
    Big win to keep pace with PSV. Feyenoord not going away just yet either. Very tricky month ahead for sure. That being said the league games should be yours if the team stays healthy and motivated.

We need to follow in PSV's footsteps and hope they make a slip: they play Feyenoord away (December 2nd) and AZ at home (December 23rd) and let's hope they make an error and we don't.
  • Stlducks
    1483 posts Professional
    Great strike by Dolberg off the post for the second goal. De Ligt missing with the red card suspension will hopefully not be an issue with the big month ahead.

The squads depth will be tested this month with 7 matches before the new year.