2148 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    cqLTyoJ.png

Players IN

Daley Blind [Manchester United, € 16 mln]
    Dusan Tadic [Southampton, € 12 mln]
    Hassane Bandé [KV Mechelen, € 9 mln]
    Zakaria Labyad [FC Utrecht, € 6 mln]
    Perr Schuurs [Fortuna Sittard, € 2 mln bought in January 2018, loaned back until end of season]

Players OUT

Justin Kluivert [AS Roma, € 17 mln]
    Deyovaisio Zeefuik [FC Groningen, € 400 k]
    Amin Younes [Napoli, free transfer]
    Mitchell Dijks [Bologna, free tansfer]
    Nick Viergever [PSV Eindhoven, free transfer]
    Benjamin van Leer [NAC Breda, loaned out]
    Siem de Jong [Sydney FC, loaned out]
    Matteo Cassierra [FC Groningen, loaned out]
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Here we go! Let's see if it's true that the bad run comes to an end now.

A fan of your stories here!
  • Ashy
    9482 posts League Winner
    Good luck pal, Ajax are a legendary club and it will be a massive challenge to fight with the best for the Champions League so I look forward to the team you build
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Your stories are always great reads. Good luck.
  • Wyojasond
    11139 posts Has That Special Something
    As always looking forward to see what you do with the team. Having played a few seasons last year on my own in the Eredivise Ajax have some really talented youngsters coming up.
  • Pwalie86
    1209 posts Professional
    Nice. I like the squad list on the back of the shirt. Any players you're already thinking of?
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    Thanks @Pwalie86 - as with my previous careers: if you have a question make a nice meme and post it as if you are a curious journalist. In this case, I'm focusing on the Academy and some under 19 wonder kids from lesser known clubs.

The three crosses are a symbol to the city of Amsterdam (in case anyone wondered).

IMPORTANT: Dani Cruijff is a fictional character. He was thought of when last year I contemplated a career mode start at Barcelona B. The rest is fact based: Jordi and Wim Jonk are working together in a company that oversees the legacy of Johan Cruijff.

Some of it is taken from my previous FIFA 18 Career: Daniel Marzec is (of course) a fictional character too; in real life directors Van der Sar and Overmars survived a vote of no confidence and appointed (the now successful) Erik ten Hag of FC Utrecht as manager.

N0IS0FL.png
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    I always like when you add history and facts into your stories. Makes it that much more interesting to follow along.

In FIFA, are you in the Champions League already or do you have to qualify?
  • Ashy
    9482 posts League Winner
    Agreed it's good having someone who knows things about the club you have no idea about so I'm learning new stuff as this goes along, Blind and Tadic will add some experience to the side but at the same time a certain quality, you really expect them to hit the ground running
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    Thanks @Stlducks @Ashy @subpop @Wyojasond - as with previous careers, I welcome (unexpected) reports from 'media' - puts me on the back foot sometimes. Respond as if you're journalists, thanks!

QX8D9UG.png

D60xA7b.png
  • subpop
    4mv4TZf.png

Willing to see how it develops.
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    Thanks @subpop Please note, the image is from FIFA 19, face looks mighty sharp...

BlyWH7W.pngR0WcDBE.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    WAaukTq.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    NkP7Ltx.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    IkuwUMH.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    pMwpbsu.png
  • Wyojasond
    Great graphics as always Man. Ajax has such a great young team and they signed some great players this summer. Eager to see how they all mesh together.
  • Danimal5981
    THX! @";"Wyojasond "

9t485Ju.png
  • subpop
    vWMcS6i.png
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Excited to see how this turns out with PSV taking shots so early in the season. Ajax have a lot of talent but need a leader to mesh them all together.
  • Ashy
    9482 posts League Winner
    Looks like Atalanta peppered you with shots in the first game, good draw really, Bournemouth was a bit disappointing but looks like you responded well against Brighton, lots of possession and many attempts, three goals!

Some fighting talk from Van Bommel there, it's going to be a really interesting season I think, I just hope it's a competitive fight for the title right until the end, big match coming up for qualification for Europe good luck!
  • Danimal5981
    Excellent @subpop - a war of words through the media commences; this is what I miss a bit in FIFA really - some interaction with board, media and players (like FM has and now F1 2018 as well). Anyway: response!

TTffWMS.png
  • Wyojasond
    B) B) B) Whoa, didn’t even realize that subpop posted that PSV article. Very cool. I will try to take part too. Do you prefer posts mainly like he did with the media writing something up or are you looking for things like “tweets” or questions from them?
  • Danimal5981
    B) B) B) Whoa, didn’t even realize that subpop posted that PSV article. Very cool. I will try to take part too. Do you prefer posts mainly like he did with the media writing something up or are you looking for things like “tweets” or questions from them?

Anything creative will do :smile:
  • Wyojasond
    ygO2Bhe.jpg
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    Always enjoy your stories looking forward to following interesting to have Subpop and Wyojasond posting as well adds an interesting twist
  • Danimal5981
    Thx @JoshDFC Feel free to cut in yourself. Lots of successful Ajax players end up in the EPL :wink:
  • JoshDFC
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    Q0WCm9p.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    k0Ms9KL.png
  • Danimal5981
    hmBP3jw.png