1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    MgiNxw3.png
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    sJ8LbIi.png
  • subpop
    2864 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks for the answers.

Good to see that the club is able to renew and/or keep their star players after the fantastic season they had last year. It's evident that the stability of the team that was a bulldozer in the domestic competitions is an asset to face the new season with optimism. The new additions also assure depth... and Ajax was so near the UCL final that we all can dream with seeing Ajax among the best European teams again.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 7
    subpop wrote: »
    Good to see that the club is able to renew and/or keep their star players after the fantastic season they had last year. It's evident that the stability of the team that was a bulldozer in the domestic competitions is an asset to face the new season with optimism.

@subpop Indeed. And what makes it even better (at least domestically) is the stagnation at the direct competition. Let the money roll and transfers go...

ks81jjz.png

• subpop
    I think I talked about it before, but I'm 100% in favour of this kind of solutions for 'smaller' leagues. I think the national restrictions should disappear. I would be very good for everyone to see bigger and more competitive leagues. The Benelux league is a nice idea, but I've even heard of the Atalantic league (or something like that) with clubs of Netherlands, Belgium, Scotland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway. At some point, I think also the Portuguese teams were in the discussions.

Unless something like this finally happens, the future of the leagues is very dark... in my opinion.

So back to the story, glad to see that this idea is taking shape. Let's see how it develops.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    uRTcrDP.png
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 7
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #1
    (Trophée Liberté, pre-season tournament)

7nT32n7.png
    RsrTw68.png

jzSqnfD.png
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #2
    (Trophée Liberté, pre-season tournament)

d9e9IGN.png
    OtjvjHA.png

OM1kTFn.png
  • subpop
    Interesting concept for a preseason tournament.

Two weird games that aren't useful to take conclussions. The first one was ruined by the red card, but it was weird to see the team colapsing for a red card, which was very harsh in my opinion.

In the second, the reserves showed why they are reserves. Onana saved the team from a more serious result. I guess these games may be useful to know a certain player, but not for overall conclussions.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 8
    Interesting concept for a preseason tournament.

What is said in the introduction above is true - this tournament existed up until 2009 in Amsterdam and the philosophy was to always try and score no matter how far up or down you are, because goals scored give you points as well - a 1-0 win is worth 4 points, but a 4-0 win is worth 7 points. Losing 4-2 is still worth 2 points, etc etc

• Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #3
    (Pre-season friendly)

YiohYyV.png
    O9WYre0.png

YaGrStk.png
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    M4Ybcx7.png
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    M4Ybcx7.png

The fee for Lozano seems fairly small in today's market
  • JoshDFC
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    This title race I expect will be very one sided with PSV and Feyenoords lack of funds. I can see Ajax running away with it a mounting a serious challenge in Europe depending on the additions that are made this summer
  • subpop
    Relevant exits in PSV. Considering how strong looked Ajax at the end of the season, it's difficult to think that PSV can actually challenge the champions, at least on paper. PSV should still be strong enough to defeat most of the rivals in the league and it's not good to think it's all done before it starts.
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    Great write up to end the season as always. It is nice to see 3 Ajax players in the team of the year, very much deserved.

I look forward to the presser and to see the offseason plans.
  • Aw man, Lozano out? Sad but inevitable, however it may lighten the pressure against Ajax.

Cool way to start the season, and I love the way you present matches. Looks so much better than putting the ugly 4:3 YouTube embed at the top.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 9
    Relevant exits in PSV. Considering how strong looked Ajax at the end of the season, it's difficult to think that PSV can actually challenge the champions, at least on paper. PSV should still be strong enough to defeat most of the rivals in the league and it's not good to think it's all done before it starts.

@Subpop Indeed: that would be arrogant to think that way. Although it must be said that this bravoure (sense of pride, nearing a feeling of supremacy) is very much part of Ajax-culture. As soon as results are well, Ajax gets this haze over itself of grandeur.

Stlducks wrote: »
    Great write up to end the season as always. It is nice to see 3 Ajax players in the team of the year, very much deserved.

I look forward to the presser and to see the offseason plans.

@Stlducks I think you only read the remainder of page 13 :wink: 14 already helps you deep into pre-season of the 2nd year :smile:

Aw man, Lozano out? Sad but inevitable, however it may lighten the pressure against Ajax.

Cool way to start the season, and I love the way you present matches. Looks so much better than putting the ugly 4:3 YouTube embed at the top.

@WestardLord Thanks! Yeah, I thought the same about the lay-out, but I wanted to finish the previous season in a consistent manner. I've tweaked some things here and there: the black match centre posts now have slightly different fonts and looks.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    ENHZSe1.png

31 July 2019

KNVB OUST RODA JC, RETAIN EXCELSIOR IN EREDIVISIE
    Excelsior are back in the Eredivisie. The owner of the promoted Roda JC Kerkrade, Russian Alexei Korotaev has been found guilty of fraud. Part of a sum of € 18,000,000,- that was invested in an Asset Management company owned by Korotaev, was used by the Russian to acquire the Limburg football team. Korotaev was first sentenced to jail, but that has been changed into compensation. This has put the existence of Roda JC in direct jeopardy. The KNVB (Dutch FA) have now decided to keep Excelsior in the Eredivisie, despite relegation last season.

FEYENOORD SAYS GOODBYE TO KENNETH VERMEER AND JEREMIAH ST. JUSTE
    Feyenoord has let Kenneth Vermeer go. The 33 year old goalie who came over from arch rival Ajax in 2014, was already on loan at FC Bruges last season being displeased with his role as reserve at the Rotterdam club. He now transfers to Stade Rennes, where the goalkeeper has signed for two years.

Also leaving is Jeremiah St. Juste (22). The product of Heerenveen who made his debut there, made a move to Rotterdam in 2017. In the last two seasons, he came to the respectable amount of 45 games. A tough no-nonsense defender, St. Juste has caught the eye of Real Sociedad who are paying close to € 7,000,000,-. Sociedad board-member Daniel Martxoa explains: "We wanted him a year ago, but former manager Koldo @subpop Okariz did not see him as a value to our team. Fortunately that manager is now out, while Jeremiah is now in!"

PROGRAM EREDIVISIE 2019/2020 ANNOUNCED
    The 2019/2020 PROGRAM has been announced. The season opens this Saturday August 3rd with the Super Cup game, between last season's champions Ajax and runner-up PSV. Champions Ajax begin at home against Fortuna, then visit Utrecht. The final game of August is in the Johan Cruijff ArenA against Excelsior.

For PSV it will be an intensive month with at least two, possibly four European games in an attempt to make it into the UEFA Champions League, group stage. Meanwhile, the Eindhoven team that saw three of its key players depart need to visit ADO Den Haag and provincial rivals NAC Breda, before hosting an early key game in the league against Feyenoord.

OUWEJAN JOINS CHIEVO VERONA
    Thomas Ouwejan (AZ) moves to Chievo Verona. The talented 22 year old left back joined the youth of AZ in 2007 and broke through into the first team in 2015. Since, he has played 75 games for the Alkmaar team, having scored no goals. Chievo has been said to pay € 5,000,000,- for the defender.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 9
    4pHdqrb.png
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    SiqfucS.png
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    fY8xhK4.png
  • subpop

[...]

A tough no-nonsense defender, St. Juste has caught the eye of Real Sociedad who are paying close to € 7,000,000,-. Sociedad board-member Daniel Martxoa explains: "We wanted him a year ago, but former manager Koldo @subpop Okariz did not see him as a value to our team. Fortunately that manager is now out, while Jeremiah is now in!"

[...]

Damn drunk man... he never misses his chance to hit the great manager of OM. :D

Interesting information about the design of the team, the early games of the season and the Champions League draw. I guess that either Midtjylland or AIK should not be a problem for Ajax, considering the level shown last season.

Incredible that the winners of the Eredivisie don't make it directly to the Champions League.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    @subpop Sorry, I just couldn't leave the opportunity :smiley:

I'm keeping the pace of posts high, because a pre-season needs some additional info, but I had quite a quiet weekend managing to play three months into the future from what I post, so it's meant for catching up with myself a bit :wink:
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    Season II, 2019/2020 - Match #4
    (Dutch Super Cup)

pvkt7We.png
    LUbwHnv.png

f7WzQPJ.png
  • Stlducks
    1149 posts Professional
    No idea how I was a page behind! Hopefully I'm all caught up now.

Nice shoutout to Okariz, his failures are well known, hopefully Real Sociedad are able to climb out of the mess he left them in. 😉

Great way to start the season with a cup already won. Beating a main rival twice in a season is very difficult but now you have the opportunity to do it at least 3 times.
  • Danimal5981
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    2FrHe5w.png