Are You Purchasing Champions Edition or Ultimate Edition ?

MrGrandCru
104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I am debating on which edition of the game to purchase, Is the only difference between the edition's 20 jumbo premium packs ? I was thinking going with Champions edition and spending the difference to purchase more fifa points ? Which version y'all going with and why ?

Comments

• Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    if you have fifa 18 theres no point buying the champions edition, can get 10% off through 18 on the ultimate edition which brings it to the same price as champions
  • Uberman
    15726 posts World Class
    i got ultimate
  • Ryno
    6038 posts Big Money Move
    With EA Access and the 10% FIFA 18 discount, there is no reason to not get the most expensive one since the difference between it and the middle tier is only a few $
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Normal edition for me. Nothing exciting about the top additions.
  • Boabdust
    4744 posts National Call-Up
    Uberman wrote: »
    i got ultimate

• RebelRob
    4971 posts National Call-Up
    i got ultimate
    Ryno wrote: »
    With EA Access and the 10% FIFA 18 discount, there is no reason to not get the most expensive one since the difference between it and the middle tier is only a few $

• MrGrandCru

I forgot about discount with EA Access , I did math Champions would be roughly 65 bucks and ultimate roughly 81 bucks , so about 16 dollars difference , i guess the question is , would I rather have 20 jumbo premium packs or 16 bucks FIFA Points.
  • Uberman
    15726 posts World Class
    MrGrandCru wrote: »

I forgot about discount with EA Access , I did math Champions would be roughly 65 bucks and ultimate roughly 81 bucks , so about 16 dollars difference , i guess the question is , would I rather have 20 jumbo premium packs or 16 bucks FIFA Points.

20 jumbos = 6000 fifa points

16 bucks is 2.2k points if you add a little

No brainer really imo
  • EddieFicio
    21014 posts Club Captain
    ALIST4R wrote: »

This, with EA access theres no need for the 3 days early thing and the packs are trash.
  • Maverick
    4750 posts National Call-Up
    EddieFicio wrote: »

This, with EA access theres no need for the 3 days early thing and the packs are trash.

I've packed Messi in those packs.
  • MrGrandCru

Maverick wrote: »

Yea I was thinking the packs were trash myself honestly lol , but there is the chance for Messi i see lol
  • RealM
    5151 posts Big Money Move

And the millions of people who got them and packed jack ****. Average is probably like 15% decent packs if that.
  • Davisto
    6081 posts Big Money Move
    No poll? Champions for me
  • Maverick
    4750 posts National Call-Up
    RealM wrote: »

And the millions of people who got them and packed jack ****. Average is probably like 15% decent packs if that.

Could probably say the same for any pack tbf lol
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect

The difference is much less than that if you have fifa 18 and ea access
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up

No brainer really imo

But it’s not. You don’t get 20 jumbos right away. Their value diminishes as the game goes on. I’d take 2.2k Fifa points on day one and trade that for the two months.
  • CeeQue
    10623 posts Has That Special Something

• Uberman
    15726 posts World Class

No brainer really imo

But it’s not. You don’t get 20 jumbos right away. Their value diminishes as the game goes on. I’d take 2.2k Fifa points on day one and trade that for the two months.

20 jumbos is maybe 5k per pack if its rinsed and you get nothing really - thats 100k

The likelihood of getting anything from 14 7.5ks and a 5k is low - You will probably get maybe 40-50k at launch rinsing through them if you don't pack anything
  • EddieFicio
    21014 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2018

I've packed 97 ST Ronaldo from a regular 15k pack, your point? It's terrible value, its better to get as many packs in at release and use those coins to trade or whatever.
  • MrGrandCru
    Davisto wrote: »

Will it still Let me add a poll ?
  • mjs4p
    11071 posts Has That Special Something

You are only 4,957 posts short of being able to create polls! :D
  • MrGrandCru
    mjs4p wrote: »

You are only 4,957 posts short of being able to create polls! :D

Guess I gotta get to it lol
  • Carswell
    8103 posts League Winner
    Regular for me! Probably just trade for the first few months anyway.
  • chaser2k15
    13321 posts Has That Special Something
    Where is the cheapest standard edition?
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    what day will the EA access 10 hr trail come out ?
  • Reus
    22339 posts Club Captain
    MisterJV wrote: »

20th
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    Reus wrote: »
    MisterJV wrote: »

20th

then 25th full release for preorders ?
  • Diggy
    13545 posts Has That Special Something
    Standard
  • Bbbbbbbb
    489 posts Sunday League Hero
    Skittles67 wrote: »

The difference is much less than that if you have fifa 18 and ea access

With the ea access discount and Fifa 18 discount then it’s 72 quid for the ultimate version
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Ultimate, if I can ever find the motivation to actually turn the box on and pre order.