Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Bronze pack method thread (SPM added on page 16)

Knowlesdinho
8811 posts League Winner
edited December 2018
I've copy and pasted my method from last year. I'll test it out when the Web App is released and during early access to see if it needs tweaking because something usually changes every year. I'll also be running this thread as a little personal RTG this year, mainly focused on trading with my main account. Of course, I will be using other methods as well as BPM, but I may keep some things secret.

Thanks for all the support last year.

Introduction

I use a variety of trading methods, but 2 years ago, I started using the bronze pack method. I started doing it accidentally to be honest. Whilst searching for Movember items, I decided to list all the items in the packs and then when my trade pile was full I would stop opening packs. I noticed that not only did many of the items sell, but most of the time I was making profit or at least breaking even.

I then got a bit addicted to it and found that it was a great and easy way to make coins when I couldn't trade using more lucrative methods, like when I was at work or spending time with my wife. I was able to re-stock and re-list every hour whilst at work and the same whilst out with the wife or watching a movie.

I'm being conservative with my estimate here, but I reckon I made around 4 million coins just from this method last year, but it was more than likely a lot more. If any of you followed my Bronze pack RTG, you will have seen how easy I was making coins using BPM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the best trading method out there, and I don't know if it will be as successful as last year, but it's an easy low risk way of making steady coins which you can use alongside other methods. I recommend that you don't just rely on this method.

I'll explain the method I used last year and if you want to ask questions I'll try to answer...

Method

1) Packs: Open 400 coin packs (as you get more confident you could try 750 packs but there is more risk). Most of the items that you discard in these packs will return you on average between 30-100+ coins (quite often you get discard silvers or multiple balls), so automatically your pack is costing 300-350 coins. You only need 3 items to sell at the minimum and you have profit. If you get coins in the pack, then you need less cards to sell for profit.

2) Players: Check squad building challenges every time you try the method and have in mind what could potentially instantly sell as a result of said challenges. List these players as the lowest on the market e.g. the player you've pulled is selling at it's lowest buy it now for say 3000 coins, list yours for under that and it should sell instantly, especially if you knock it down by 300-500 coins.

Look out for rare players from the top leagues, they usually sell instantly using the same method listed above. Check potentially popular cards out too, cards that have an attractive stats like pace and dribbling, or 5* skills/WF.

45 - 47 rated players sold well last year because of bronze benching, it's yet to be seen whether people will try this in 19.

With the rest of the players you can either list them all on open bid and then re-list at 200 min bin, you will be surprised at what sells, or you can send them all to your club for future SBC's. I do the latter because they almost always became useful for making profit last year.

3) Consumables: Save all non rare contracts because you can use them on your players and it will save you coins buying non rare gold or rare gold contracts in the long run (coin saving tip ;) ). You will accumulate a lot of these by doing this method so at some point you may just want to discard with other things in the pack that are of no use.

Rare contracts sometimes sell, but I just keep them like the non rare ones.

Non rare fitness will sell, but they take time, be patient and just keep relisting. 150-200 bin but you will find they mainly go for 150 coins. I just keep them because it saves me having to buy squad fitness cards.

Squad fitness, these were selling for between 800-1500 coins last year depending on the day of the week or FUT event (TOTY etc).

Most healing cards sold last year apart from head and arm (that's just my opinion). Upper body I was selling for 300-500 bin, knee 400-450, leg 200-300 and foot 500-1000. Sometimes it was more or less depending on time of the week or FUT event. Rare healing was selling for between 700-1k+ at points last year.

4) Miscellaneous: Kits, badges, stadiums and balls. Some sell but I just discard most of them. If you pull a silver badge or kit, it is always worth checking the price because sometimes you can get one that is worth a 1000 or more coins. There is a pink bronze kit that is selling for about 800 coins at the moment.

Most attribute cards for players didn't sell apart from the +3 all attributes for about 150-300 coins and pace cards sold eventually for 150-200. Attribute cards for keepers never sold in my experience.

Free packs happen quite often as you do this method. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain free packs, if you want further information read points 1-4 again, but please don't get stuck in a loop when you get back to this sentence.

Lastly on miscellaneous, you can get lucky with coin drops in packs. I got a 2000 (could of been 2500 but can't remember exactly) coin drop in a pack once.

I think that's it, but if you have any questions just ask. I think that it can make you a lot of coins again this year, but it's not going to make you instantly rich. What it does allow you to do is play more games, spend less time trading and you can do this easily on your breaks at work (or school if you're not old like me) using the mobile app. Please share your successes and tips. When I get time I will do a silver pack method thread because I also dabbled in that last year.

Thanks

Discord:

https://discord.gg/yqCj9td
Post edited by Knowlesdinho on

Comments

• Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
  • Uberman
    15625 posts World Class
    Is this or the NIF Method better do you find?
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner
    Uberman wrote: »

Last year I used both methods plus a few other trading methods I have. You'll definitely make more with NIF, but there are forumers who just do this and get super competitive teams.

This comes into it's own for things like SBC's, especially Marquee Matchups. As an example, last year when Wycombe V Coventry was in the matchups, we were selling cards from those teams for 9k+ for a week. Most of us that do this method had the required cards to complete the SBC, plus surplus to sell. Over the course of the week, I probably pulled at least 20 Coventry and Wycombe players, which made me loads.

It's one of those methods that you can make slow but steady coins with, but every now and then, something drops that will make you a couple of hundred thousand in a few days.
  • Ulook92
    10143 posts Has That Special Something
    I will be doing this again.
  • Uberman
    15625 posts World Class
    Uberman wrote: »

Last year I used both methods plus a few other trading methods I have. You'll definitely make more with NIF, but there are forumers who just do this and get super competitive teams.

This comes into it's own for things like SBC's, especially Marquee Matchups. As an example, last year when Wycombe V Coventry was in the matchups, we were selling cards from those teams for 9k+ for a week. Most of us that do this method had the required cards to complete the SBC, plus surplus to sell. Over the course of the week, I probably pulled at least 20 Coventry and Wycombe players, which made me loads.

It's one of those methods that you can make slow but steady coins with, but every now and then, something drops that will make you a couple of hundred thousand in a few days.

Marquee matchups is a good point which i hadn't thought of

Ill probably open 100 or so at launch to stock my club up
  • RebelRob
    3158 posts National Call-Up
    In!
  • Skinz2k15
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In as well!
  • CeeQue
    9153 posts League Winner
    How much or how many packs are you opening daily/weekly etc? Or do you have a set limit.
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I made something to track profits last year, I’m happy to update/share if anyone wants to use it?
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner
    SocratesMe wrote: »
    I made something to track profits last year, I’m happy to update/share if anyone wants to use it?

I’d be happy to give it a go.
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner
    CeeQue wrote: »
    How much or how many packs are you opening daily/weekly etc? Or do you have a set limit.

It takes about 10k to fill your trade pile, assuming of course that you have 100 spaces.

What some do is fill their trade pile, list for an hour, top up the spaces that have been sold, relist etc.

Eventually you start filtering cards that aren’t selling back to your club. They will become valuable eventually.
  • CeeQue
    9153 posts League Winner

It takes about 10k to fill your trade pile, assuming of course that you have 100 spaces.

What some do is fill their trade pile, list for an hour, top up the spaces that have been sold, relist etc.

Eventually you start filtering cards that aren’t selling back to your club. They will become valuable eventually.

Hmm okay 10k seems like a stretch early on. Will give this a bang along with NIF trading.
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner

Hmm okay 10k seems like a stretch early on. Will give this a bang along with NIF trading.

If it works like last year, you easily make that back within 2 hours with profit.

I just checked my thread from last year, and I tested 10k without replenishing. I reported back after a couple of hours and I’d made 5k profit.

I then checked my next comment on the thread, which was 3 days later. I’d purely done BPM for those 3 days because I didn’t have time for other trading. I made circa 90k in 3 days from BPM.

There were a few factors at play there though.
  • CeeQue
    9153 posts League Winner

If it works like last year, you easily make that back within 2 hours with profit.

I just checked my thread from last year, and I tested 10k without replenishing. I reported back after a couple of hours and I’d made 5k profit.

I then checked my next comment on the thread, which was 3 days later. I’d purely done BPM for those 3 days because I didn’t have time for other trading. I made circa 90k in 3 days from BPM.

Yeah I'm not doubting you. Since I'm just going strictly NO FPs this year going to tests this out.
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner

Yeah I'm not doubting you. Since I'm just going strictly NO FPs this year going to tests this out.

I'll test it out again with the same parameters as last year to see how it works. It could be interesting because I'll be doing early access this year. I've set aside a full day for trading.
  • jdros
    2530 posts Fans' Favourite
    I will be using this as basically my only source of trading income this year. I expect that I won’t have quite as good a team when all is said and done, but I just like this method over all the others - I open packs when I have trade slots open and keep hitting refresh on my duplicates. Sell SBC relevant cards for inflated prices when the time is right and complete SBCs with cards you already have in the club to open gold and silver packs.

I’ve done this for many FUTs at this point and in my experience it has kept getting better each year. Hopefully that trend continues!
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Okay, so this is super simple..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ENL2GOiHn7OUbrsvV2T1EdOf2DW5k-7jSQKy_ZWnAo/edit?usp=sharing

(second tab)

Enter any sales in column A and anything you quicksell from that pack in column B. The second column will count them as packs purchased. So if you don't quicksell anything, just put a zero.

Then I guess if you list someone and they don't sell and you decide to quicksell them, they'd need to be added to an existing quicksell amount as otherwise it would count as another pack.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to do it/improve it, I'm all ears
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner
    SocratesMe wrote: »
    Okay, so this is super simple..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ENL2GOiHn7OUbrsvV2T1EdOf2DW5k-7jSQKy_ZWnAo/edit?usp=sharing

(second tab)

Enter any sales in column A and anything you quicksell from that pack in column B. The second column will count them as packs purchased. So if you don't quicksell anything, just put a zero.

Then I guess if you list someone and they don't sell and you decide to quicksell them, they'd need to be added to an existing quicksell amount as otherwise it would count as another pack.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to do it/improve it, I'm all ears

I’ll probably use this to give everyone an idea of possible profit.
  • Ugri
    4761 posts National Call-Up

The gang is back together!! Looking forward to this again especially im doing RTG this year. Strange even i got tagged i didnt get a message, forum is all over the place...
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner
    Ugri wrote: »

The gang is back together!! Looking forward to this again especially im doing RTG this year. Strange even i got tagged i didnt get a message, forum is all over the place...

Yeah, I’m going use this thread as a kind of trading RTG as well as updating about BPM.
  • Ugri
    4761 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    Ugri wrote: »

Yeah, I’m going use this thread as a kind of trading RTG as well as updating about BPM.

And we have the Semi Noob thread as well :wink:
  • Currieman
    4431 posts National Call-Up
    I did this a fair bit last year and it was great. It was good just stocking up the club and then having loads of players who were suddenly worth loads thanks to MM or league SBCs. Also helped complete loads of SBCs as well.
  • Grown93
    304 posts Sunday League Hero

Hope can do more than last year. Start to late though but ends giving me some profit.

IN!
  • BRISTOL86
    8569 posts League Winner
    Going to do this for sure on my RTG account
  • Shaqiri
    1334 posts Professional
    Alright boys!
  • PelzyWelzy
    7873 posts League Winner
    Yep, I'm in.

Such an underrated method. The coins I've made from this over the past couple of years have been ridiculous. Usually give up on other methods after a while but BPM stays strong all year long :smile:
  • BRISTOL86
    8569 posts League Winner
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Yep, I'm in.

Such an underrated method. The coins I've made from this over the past couple of years have been ridiculous. Usually give up on other methods after a while but BPM stays strong all year long :smile:

Has that mainly been from keeping content and selling it for MM or just gradual slow burn selling?
  • PelzyWelzy
    7873 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Yep, I'm in.

Has that mainly been from keeping content and selling it for MM or just gradual slow burn selling?

Bit of both really mate.

The slow, gradual approach where I will literally list everything generally brings in around 10-15k a day (this is especially true when most of the League SBC's are out, tend to find every other pack has something of worth in it.. profit in every pack kind of thing).

At the start I prefer to hoard everything player wise though and just sell off fitness consumables, training (most of them will sell) and injury cards. These are more often than not enough to break even, so you're essentially building up a stock of cards that will have value later on for absolutely no cost whatsoever.

Patience is key here... stick with it and you absolutely can not lose, like I just don't see how it's possible to make a loss with BPM.

Profit it pretty much guaranteed.
  • BrentfordFC
    8925 posts League Winner
    Can’t believe you remembered me :trollface:
  • Knowlesdinho
    8811 posts League Winner
    Can’t believe you remembered me :trollface:

:heart: