Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11620 posts Has That Special Something
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Very nice @Virtual_K 😎

Not a big fan of the clinch chart personally. The rest is class though.

Thanks, I have made some big changes to this spreadsheet and am testing with real data. I haven't spent a lot of time on the clinch chart, so I would be interested in what you don't like about it. The color scheme, layout, the data itself? It's a tricky chart to create, plus it looks empty this early in the season.

btw, the comic graphics are cool. I had an idea to do the Interludes in my last story comic book style, but I didn't have the tools or the wherewithal to do it. Would make a great opening post graphic, or a cool way to do character dialogue.

p.s. Watched the match with Arsenal yesterday, this could be Liverpool's year to lift the PL trophy.

It’s not horrible by any means, but maybe I just don’t see the whole need for it I guess. It will probably be more interesting as the season progresses.

Yeah I’m really glad I found the comic app. I’ve been wanting to updo something like that for graphics for awhile now and hoping it adds a little something to my story.
  • Stlducks
    1488 posts Professional
    edited August 27
    Awesome graphics as always @Virtual_K . I really like the table and matchday scores. I'm a big stat guy so I always enjoy the extra stats you add, not for everyone of course but I enjoy them.

I'm looking to add more stats into my career focusing more on my managers career against records and the likes.
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    I especially like the table and weekly results graphic, looks good which team are you looking to do a story with?
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero

It’s not horrible by any means, but maybe I just don’t see the whole need for it I guess. It will probably be more interesting as the season progresses.
    I always find myself wondering during the course of a season, how close teams are to safety or European qualification, etc. Not necessary, but satisfies my own need, I guess.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Awesome graphics as always @Virtual_K . I really like the table and matchday scores. I'm a big stat guy so I always enjoy the extra stats you add, not for everyone of course but I enjoy them.

I'm looking to add more stats into my career focusing more on my managers career against records and the likes.
    Ashy wrote: »
    I especially like the table and weekly results graphic, looks good which team are you looking to do a story with?

Thanks guys. I have two spreadsheets that I continuously update (an Excel learning exercise for me), the MLS one, and this PL one. I've added some cool things to the MLS one, and it was nagging at me to update the PL one, even though I never get around to using it for a story (used an older version once a couple years ago).

I have a bad habit of inundating myself with things that nobody cares about but me. :D

• Stlducks
    1488 posts Professional
    edited August 29
    How do you post gifs? I have tried posting the imgur link by itself and with [ img ] around it like a picture but can't figure it out?
  • Wyojasond
    How do you post gifs? I have tried posting the imgur link by itself and with [ img ] around it like a picture but can't figure it out?

I copy the link into the img option and then it posts it. Might be copying the wrong link. Some won’t post too I’ve found @Stlducks
  • Daviee x
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 30
    Created a Opening Graphic for a Career Mode rzidMzQ.jpg

I used to be a active member in the old forums, which felt like years ago and this was the kind of opening graphics we'd use to start our Career Mode Story.

Been a while since i've got to flex my creative muscles on Illustrator as I usually only make basic labels and facias for factory based companies

''All renders from footyrenders''
    Sorry the qualities not the greatest in the end (blacked arsenal emblem) I had to compress the file a lot when converting it from a PDF to a JPEG
    Post edited by Daviee x on
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    edited August 30
    Daviee x wrote: »
    Created a Opening Graphic for a Career Mode rzidMzQ.jpg

I used to be a active member in the old forums, which felt like years ago and this was the kind of opening graphics we'd use to start our Career Mode Story.

Been a while since i've got to flex my creative muscles on Illustrator as I usually only make basic labels and facias for factory based companies

''All renders from footyrenders''
    Sorry the qualities not the greatest in the end (blacked arsenal emblem) I had to compress the file a lot when converting it from a PDF to a JPEG

Awesome welcome back, hopefully this section becomes more active than last year at the start of fifa, think we had about 10 active stories going on and it's dropped each year but with the updates we may see a spike in activity.

The graphic looks good, main thing I would maybe change is the Arsenal badge at the bottom it looks weird, maybe low quality, I'd get a coloured version or a higher quality one and de-saturate it.
  • Daviee x
    Thanks 👍🏻 Yea I’ve ready threw a few stories the past couple of weeks. Read through WesterardLords Monaco story & your Man United one and thought both were great 👍🏻

Yea the black logo low quality it just down to the file being dropped from such a large PDF file size (about 35mb) to the JPEG size I compressed it down to. It’s the same logo as the one in the background, just scales down and edited the colour to grey scale and upped the black all the way to 100. Looked great on the original pdf file 😂
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    edited August 30
    This is probably going to be my OP

HhrEtPb.png
  • Wyojasond
    Both look good guys.

For those of you using footyrenders, have you noticed an insane amount of popup ads on it lately
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 31
    This is probably going to be my OP
    HhrEtPb.png

I like it, very artsy, although I must admit I don't know who that is. Should I be embarrassed that I don't? :o

I also like the Arsenal one, but where are the David Luiz brothers? :p
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    edited August 31
    Its Julian Nagelsmann, RB Leipzig manager, former Hoffenheim manager took them from the depths of Bundesliga relegation to the UCL. 28 years old he was named manager, the youngest ever out of the top 5 leagues in Europe
  • Wyojasond
    edited August 31
    Having some fun again. Had to celebrate Bobby’s 50th PL goal

WJKDcRp.jpg
  • ale1985bg
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Both look good guys.

For those of you using footyrenders, have you noticed an insane amount of popup ads on it lately
    It's more than a year that I don't do a CMS (on either FIFA or PES) so I haven't used renders in a long time.
    I used to be a huge fun of Joaquin Peloc (http://timeforenders.blogspot.com/) but he's not been posting for a pretty long time now. His renders used to be great back in the day (I think they're the only ones I ever used).
  • ale1985bg
    edited September 2
    A test graphic for fifa 20.. Thoughts?

YLDBSRK.png
    I like it! The result also looks pretty accurate to me... Willing to disclose any more? :p
    Only thing I can think of, I agree with Ashy: I think that team logos would look better at the left.
  • Stlducks
    1488 posts Professional
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    A test graphic for fifa 20.. Thoughts?

YLDBSRK.png
    I like it! The result also looks pretty accurate to me... Willing to disclose any more? :p
    Only thing I can think of, I agree with Ashy: I think that team logos would look better at the left.

Haha I guess if you make up enough scores you are bound to get one right.
  • WestardLord
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 3
    Working on a 1989 throwback kit just for giggles

BxPUXwF.png

PaeG7yn.png

• ale1985bg
    Wow. That's insane.
    Glad to see we can finally mod FIFA again! I miss the RevMod times to be honest where we could do almost whatever we wanted. <3
  • Daviee x
    Its Julian Nagelsmann, RB Leipzig manager, former Hoffenheim manager took them from the depths of Bundesliga relegation to the UCL. 28 years old he was named manager, the youngest ever out of the top 5 leagues in Europe

I like the style ;) Will this be a Leiozig career mode, or a story focused around Nagelsmann's journey as a manger?
  • Ashy
    9765 posts League Winner
    Daviee x wrote: »

I like the style ;) Will this be a Leiozig career mode, or a story focused around Nagelsmann's journey as a manger?

Focus story on him, after Leipzig his most likely destination is Arsenal
  • WestardLord
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    Focus story on him, after Leipzig his most likely destination is Arsenal
    lol don't get my hopes up