Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Comments

• Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    edited August 4
    A test graphic for fifa 20.. Thoughts?

YLDBSRK.png
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    Looks good I'd say put the badges just in front of the names on the left side, but then you have a bit of space so fill that with something or crop it down a little
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »
    Looks good I'd say put the badges just in front of the names on the left side, but then you have a bit of space so fill that with something or crop it down a little

I had the badges to the side but then the top looked empty. Any ideas what to put above or should I move the team and score up a little higher to even it out?

Not going to lie, I'm going to be copying your style a bit. Posting the score with a short paragraph below of the match or a comment.
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 4
    I personally appreciate a little recap of the game, so that I can get a sense of how one likes to play. It also immediately becomes clear who likes simulation and who likes arcade. Simulators really go for realism, while the ones liking arcade really produce ridiculous scores occasionally. (read: play for the fun of it)

The accompanying story really helps. Simulation-players tend to go for tactics and doing things according to the player's philosophy, while arcade-players tend to become vague and have these PC-type answers, simply because they don't have a tactic or philosophy to follow.
  • Wyojasond
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Having some fun playing around with graphics again. Excited for the new season to finally kickoff.

QWQeD6a.jpg

3CTORFq.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Having some fun playing around with graphics again. Excited for the new season to finally kickoff.

QWQeD6a.jpg

3CTORFq.jpg

These look really good. I really like the right middle one that is blue.
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    edited August 9
    Some cool stuff there, always good to get some practice in the graphic department before the new fifa
    is out, I do like the first image much more though
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    edited August 9
    ULKG3S6.png

May try fit in MOTM just under the score if it is small enough and doesn't look odd.

Thinking of something similar to this for my match update every 3 games, less info such as position in the table, last 5 games of form, line up of each team but I don't think people care too much for that unless it's a big fixture in Europe or NLD. Allows me to progress much faster through my story.

Will have some text under it for people to read to.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    ULKG3S6.png

May try fit in MOTM just under the score if it is small enough and doesn't look odd.

Thinking of something similar to this for my match update every 3 games, less info such as position in the table, last 5 games of form, line up of each team but I don't think people care too much for that unless it's a big fixture in Europe or NLD. Allows me to progress much faster through my story.

I like the color scheme and how easy it is to read the information. Are those your predictions for the first matches this season?
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    Not really, results maybe but not score I just wanted to put higher scoring games to get the placement right
  • Wyojasond
    ULKG3S6.png

Yeah really like the setup on that. Nice and clean
  • Danimal5981
    Nice. I'm also looking for something more compact, because in the last career I lost too much time in doing PSDs. Or otherwise a once-a-month-update thing. That way a longer career will be guaranteed.
  • Danimal5981
    Ajax manages to extend and improve contracts with Dusan Tadic, Hakim Ziyech and David Neres. That means that the only question mark that remains is Donny van de Beek.

It's too bad it's all in Dutch, otherwise it would be wise to share here. Because this comes from VI which is the country's best informed bunch of football journalists. Ajax has now grown so much, that in terms of salaries only the big teams that are considering the European Super Leeague (Top 6 England, top 5 Germany, top 3 Spain and Italy, plus PSG) could outdo them.

This would make for a great CM scenario. Keep Tadic, Ziyech, Neres and Van de Beek for one season. Then, sell them for big bucks while focusing on this player development stuff as manager. It is starting to itch, peepz!
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Ajax manages to extend and improve contracts with Dusan Tadic, Hakim Ziyech and David Neres. That means that the only question mark that remains is Donny van de Beek.

It's too bad it's all in Dutch, otherwise it would be wise to share here. Because this comes from VI which is the country's best informed bunch of football journalists. Ajax has now grown so much, that in terms of salaries only the big teams that are considering the European Super Leeague (Top 6 England, top 5 Germany, top 3 Spain and Italy, plus PSG) could outdo them.

This would make for a great CM scenario. Keep Tadic, Ziyech, Neres and Van de Beek for one season. Then, sell them for big bucks while focusing on this player development stuff as manager. It is starting to itch, peepz!

I know what you mean! I'm itching to sort out Spurs future in my CM after year 1.

Impressive by Ajax to have that much money. Will be fun to see how they can grow an already incredible youth academy to improve it. I would like to see Ajax keep some big players and really give UCL a run for a few years in a row.
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    Nice. I'm also looking for something more compact, because in the last career I lost too much time in doing PSDs. Or otherwise a once-a-month-update thing. That way a longer career will be guaranteed.

Yes, I don't want to spend ages on 1 season again I want to quickly get through a few if not many so my aim is to split the months fixtures into 2 updates then a monthly summary with table and main news points instead of focusing on each game update, it just take too much time even if you set a proper template out

I've now got my game template done, still decided on if I need to add a png pattern to the image at the top so it doesn't look to plain but I've got the match styles for carabao, fa, europa, pre-season and PL sorted and everything in place now with MOTM under score.
    fdFfsJG.png
  • Wyojasond
    edited August 17
    having some more fun. Found some fun new graphic changers to play with this year

NJpJ7kJ.jpg

gVx0mIg.jpg

Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    edited August 18
    Looks really good Jason. I really like the VVD one.
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Danimal5981
    edited August 18
    What's your secret?..., or software?
    @Wyojasond
  • Wyojasond
    edited August 18
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Looks really good Jason. I really like the VVD one.
    What's your secret?..., or software?
    @Wyojasond

Thanks @Stlducks and @Danimal5981

New app I found called Clip2Comic.

What’s really cool about it is that you can make a picture and then order it for yourself too.
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Wyojasond
    coUs1zp.jpg

ajcT4GV.jpg
  • sviraman
    68 posts Park Captain
    @Wyojasond interesting stuff, looks good, but I think you're a bit overdoing the filters, like the UCL pic is barely discernible, maybe better if you tone it down a notch?
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    The dark VVD one looks the best imo
  • Wyojasond
    sviraman wrote: »
    @Wyojasond interesting stuff, looks good, but I think you're a bit overdoing the filters, like the UCL pic is barely discernible, maybe better if you tone it down a notch?

Yeah that one was a bit of a different filter. I think I’ve found a better way to make it look more discernible.
    The dark VVD one looks the best imo

That’s my favorite so far as well. I have a few other I’ve done recently. These probably arent something I’ll do all the time but I like the look they provide for some more in depth things.
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    edited August 19
    Debating on going for an ultra realistic one club Arsenal career which was my original idea or going with a manager career story where I retire as a current footballer (with a scanned face) and manage a small club and work my way up to Arsenal maybe 4-5 seasons down the line,
  • Wyojasond
    Debating on going for an ultra realistic one club Arsenal career which was my original idea or going with a manager career story where I retire as a current footballer (with a scanned face) and manage a small club and work my way up to Arsenal maybe 4-5 seasons down the line,

This years new additions make the second option very enticing I feel like
  • Danimal5981
    I guess it's obvious where I'll be starting; also worked out a simplified .psd scorebord to keep it at pace this time.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    edited August 21
    I'm going to start with a Spurs career first but am trying to find a way to make the budget strict. I'm thinking something like I can only use 40% of my budget for transfers/extensions and the other 60% goes to the "stadium".

Thoughts or ideas?