Division rivals info

Thamightyboro
7070 posts Big Money Move
Taken from Reddit sorry didn't catch who posted it to give them credit.

I've seen a ton of questions about Division Rivals popping up lately on the sub and since it is the mode I'm the most excited about this year I wanted to try to put everything I know about it in one place to possibly help anyone else but also to gather any more information on it from those who have information I don’t to help the community.

Tl;dr Rivals has replaced the old divisions system in FUT and the old DKT system. You play all week and at the end of the 7 day cycle you can get promoted/relegated or stay in your division. You also get rewards ranging from coins to packs to untradeable packs at the end of the weekly cycle.

Starting Off - Placement Matches

When you enter Rivals for the first time this year in FUT you will have to play a set of placement matches. Depending on how well you do in these matches you will be put in a division with players of similar skill. This means you could start in any division from 10-1. What division you start in will be very important for those of you who want to get into the Weekend League quickly. I’ll explain why later on.

Sources: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/division-rivals

La5ty’s “FIFA 19 DIVISION RIVALS - FUT 19 NEW GAME MODE!” on YouTube

The Grind - Division Matches

During the week you are free to play as many games in Rivals as you want. Each match you play you will earn two main sets of points that have an impact on your present and future in the mode. A third type of points is also up for grabs but I’ll explain that in another section as it doesn’t directly relate to promotion/relegation or the reward system.

The first is Skill Points, these are determined by how well you play and the quality of the opponent you faced after every match you will gain or lose Skill Points. This is the ELO like system within Rivals. How high your Skill Points are will determine what division you will go into the next time the weekly cycle resets. Gain enough points in one week and you can go up multiple divisions but the same applies if you lose too many you can go down multiple divisions.

You will be able to monitor your current Skill Points/Rating form the main hub of Rivals and see what level you need to reach/maintain to go up division(s) or to avoid relegation. As seen here Chuboi had a Skill Rating of 2120 so he needed 50 more points to gain promotion into D2 and had just under 8 hours left to do so

The second set of points you earn during the week appears to just be called Weekly Score. These points are awarded very similar to squad battles points and are what determine what rank you will be in in your division. These points are only positive unlike Skill Rating, even when you lose badly you still get points for playing. Also like squad battles the points needed for each rank within your division is fluid because the points are percentage based, as seen here as only the top 15% of D6 get the Rank 1 rewards. This means you can’t be assured you won’t go down rank(s) if you stop playing too early in the week.

Sources:

Rewards - Player Options

Once the weekly cycle resets you will be granted your rewards for your division based on the rank you were in when the cycle ended. You will only get rewards for weeks that you actually play so you can’t stack rewards based on previous weeks holding you in a division. While you can gain enough Skill Rating to get promoted during the week you won’t be given rewards for any division other than the one you started the week in. As an example if you start in D7 you cannot get any rewards from a higher or lower division no matter how well or bad you play until the next week.

My favorite part of the reward system is that many users each week will get a choice of what rewards they want. From information I’ve gathered the top three ranks within each division are given options for their rewards while the bottom two ranks are not. Each set of options is the same format across all the information I’ve seen. Option A being tradeable pack(s), Option B being the same pack(s) as Option A but in twice the quantity but these are untradeable packs and Option C is a strictly coin reward. DISCLAIMER: I’ve only see rewards from a small range of divisions but they do all follow the pattern I mentioned here.

Sources:

Weekend League - Qualification

Rivals has not only replaced the old divisions system but the DKT system as well. There is no more DKT in FUT. Division Rivals will be your main avenue to qualify for the Weekend League. Each win in Rivals grants you FUT Champions Points which can be redeemed for qualification for any WL of your choosing at a cost of 2,000 per WL. When you get your balance over 2k points you cannot earn more until you redeem. You will also be given FUT Champs Points as part of your weekly rewards no matter which option of the three previously mentioned you select. You do not have to use them but if you don’t use them you will be left out of the upcoming WL. DISCLAIMER: There was talk of an auto-qualification system over the summer with some of the devs on twitter but I’ve not seen confirmation of this yet. FUT Champs Points are also earned via wins in the WL.

Each division within Rivals has a multiplier for FUT Champs PointsStarting out in D10 you get 20 points per win, and also you get less points for a loss so I’m not sure if it is a standard 20 per win or if the 20 points is a bonus on top of what you already get. The multipliers and points granted per win along with how many wins that would require to get WL status looks like this That image doesn’t take into account points you will get through rewards, in the WL or for matches you lose but is a broad look at the system itself.

This shows how important it will be to get as high as you possibly can in the divisions if you want to constantly have WL points rolling in.

Sources: https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/division-rivals

Mavric Wolves’ “FIRST EVER FUT RIVALS REWARDS - FIFA 19 ULTIMATE TEAM” on YouTube

If anyone has any questions about aspects of Rivals I didn’t cover or just in general about the mode I’ll be willing to answer anything about it as I said this mode has be very excited for this year of FIFA as it is a perfect mix of divisions and squad battles and a major change from the WL format I despise.

I tried to make sure all the information I put in this post is the most recent as it could be and nothing has come out since then to say the opposite but if anyone sees something I’m wrong on I’ll gladly change it.

Comments

• MaestroPirlo21
    1220 posts Professional
    Thanks for all the info. I only just learned yesterday that this was replacing divisions...lol.it all makes a bit more sense now.
  • One thing I'm not sure of if you could help

In the past I could start at division 10 on a monday morning and let's say move up to division 3 by Tuesday night thus having gained the coins for either winning or gaining promotion 7 times and have those coins straight away to invest.

Now it feels like I have to wait a week to get my choice of prize from division 3

Any help?
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Any idea of there being auto qualifying via weekend league itself again? Depending on the points system, it sounds like rivals could be a bit of a grind
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    One thing I'm not sure of if you could help

In the past I could start at division 10 on a monday morning and let's say move up to division 3 by Tuesday night thus having gained the coins for either winning or gaining promotion 7 times and have those coins straight away to invest.

Now it feels like I have to wait a week to get my choice of prize from division 3

Any help?

That's exactly it. Weekly prizes only now.
  • Thamightyboro
    Alp_2760 wrote: »
    Any idea of there being auto qualifying via weekend league itself again? Depending on the points system, it sounds like rivals could be a bit of a grind

You get division rivals points for weekend league wins.

We don't know how many points though yet, it may well be that it's 200 points so 10 WL wins and you have your 2k or it could be 50 points so even 20 wins would only get you half of the needed points for your next WL qualification.
  • And will it be possible to play with a guest?
  • Thamightyboro
    And will it be possible to play with a guest?

You could play with guests in the beta.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited September 2018
    I can see myself not having enough time to play many games in this mode.

I only play 4-6 games a day average and most are Squad battles during the weekdays. I play WL on a Friday and usually not the weekend. I just take what I get and its worked out ok. I guess it won't now because EA want us to play more for rewards.

This adds more pressure to play which is unhealthy. Looks like I'll be very low down and I'll need to focus on trading more.

Good luck to everyone hammering out the games.
  • Chubz
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    Any word if Rivals will be server based (Like DKT) or p2p like Divisions? Hope its Server side
  • Thamightyboro
    edited September 2018
    Chubz wrote: »
    Any word if Rivals will be server based (Like DKT) or p2p like Divisions? Hope its Server side

Dedicated servers like dkt/wl
  • Thamightyboro
    edited September 2018
    Alp_2760 wrote: »

I can confirm that gold 3 and above gives 2000 div rivals points in other words auto qualification for next WL.

Silver 1 and below gives 1000

Just seen it on a stream from one of the guys woo got it early
    Check out @sockey0’s Tweet:
  • CharlieC
    6239 posts Big Money Move
    I'm cautiously impressed with division rivals. The seasons and WL needed a revamp and they've done a really good job by the look of it. Now, lets just hope the gameplay is still good in a month!
  • Davvebingan
    2322 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will the points for qualification carry on from week to week or will I have to get 2000 in one week and have to start over the next week
  • CharlieC
    6239 posts Big Money Move
    Will the points for qualification carry on from week to week or will I have to get 2000 in one week and have to start over the next week

The points reset at the end of the week, so if you don't qualify for WL, you have to start from scratch but if you do, you will get points in your rewards so even with only a few wins you'll be halfway to requalification. You'll still get weekly rewards anyway.
  • Thamightyboro
    CharlieC wrote: »

The points reset at the end of the week, so if you don't qualify for WL, you have to start from scratch but if you do, you will get points in your rewards so even with only a few wins you'll be halfway to requalification. You'll still get weekly rewards anyway.

That's actually half right.

There are 2 sets of points in a roundabout manner.

Set 1 this is your weekly amount, this resets each week.

Set 2 your total towards qualification, this caps at 2000 and is not used until you enter a WL.

You could gain 500 each week for 4 weeks towards WL entry then hold it for a few weeks then spend it on a WL entry.
  • piccolo_bsc
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    The rewards look insane. Just watched someones stream and you already get 58k coins for Division 5.
    If it's similar to the old league system and you can reach Division 1 fairly easy as a decent player the rewards will be huge and everyone will have so many coins.
  • Davvebingan

Set 2 your total towards qualification, this caps at 2000 and is not used until you enter a WL.

You could gain 500 each week for 4 weeks towards WL entry then hold it for a few weeks then spend it on a WL entry.

Thanks. That gives everyone a chance to be in a wl so that’s nice
  • Jonboyparker

That's actually really good for a casual player. I can play a few games here and there and do WL when its convenient for me rather than having to play a full week just to get a token
  • Davvebingan

That's actually really good for a casual player. I can play a few games here and there and do WL when its convenient for me rather than having to play a full week just to get a token

That was my thought as well. I have never qualified for various reasons so this may be my first
  • Thamightyboro
    Same applies for auto qualification from silver 1 or above in WL.

The points go to your qualification total so again can be held till you have a free weekend rather than auto qualifying you for the next weekend.

I think they are brilliant inclusions for the more casual player or guys with families etc
  • Chubz
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    Chubz wrote: »

Dedicated servers like dkt/wl

yay :) thanks
  • Theomanny
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    All this is making me not wanna put a dime for fp as am getting the vibe I will have a good team one way or another without spending lol
  • Retro_G
    28312 posts Player of the Year
    Division Rivals is going to be brilliant.
  • Andyh60
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Division Rivals is going to be brilliant.

• Galayn
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    sounds like a great system, much better than divisions and the current ELO system
  • Jonboyparker
    Theomanny wrote: »
    All this is making me not wanna put a dime for fp as am getting the vibe I will have a good team one way or another without spending lol

Anyone can get a good team. It all comes down to when you want it. I don't mind playing a gold team for the first few months and using my coins in investments. As long as I can get something usuable to start with.

I won't be buying FP's... I start the grind tomorrow. However, I won't be suprised to find prices for players will be more this year due to more coins and rewards on the market. It will be the same for everyone so I'm not complaining.

• Thefranchise92
    3560 posts National Call-Up
    Tbf I had like 600k by like october and then **** it with bd investments. Should I put money into this game even though it's free
  • Thefranchise92
    The rewards look insane. Just watched someones stream and you already get 58k coins for Division 5.
    If it's similar to the old league system and you can reach Division 1 fairly easy as a decent player the rewards will be huge and everyone will have so many coins.

Send the link
  • Thefranchise92
    So are u capped at how many points u get ? Is it basically a points system for online similar to squad battles with better than SB rewards but worse than WL. I think I may live here lol. Aslo is released at midnight on monday or Sunday midnight making it technically sunday?
  • Bbbbbbbb
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    One thing I'm not sure of if you could help

Any help?

Would be longer than a week if I understood it right. You could will 100 games in a row in the week but you’d still only get division 10 rewards at the end of the week. Then you gotta go another full week before getting the better rewards