FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Well looks like you guys are stuck with me for a bit longer. I didn’t win the Mega Millions powerball last night. Jackpot was projected over $1 billion :D

Obviously you would give your fellow FIFA players a million each... Right?
  • Wyojasond
    11147 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Well looks like you guys are stuck with me for a bit longer. I didn’t win the Mega Millions powerball last night. Jackpot was projected over $1 billion :D

Obviously you would give your fellow FIFA players a million each... Right?

giphy.gif
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Almost felt sorry for Morinho this morning ...almost. Barkley! :D
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Virtual_K wrote: »

Not sure if you’re a Chelsea fan or not but I don’t get why Chelsea fans at the match were giving him so much abuse. He was the best thing ever to happen to that club. Without him they’d still be a mid-table club who haven’t won the league in over 50 years. Seems to be very short memories from all the Chelsea glory supporters.
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Alastair wrote: »

Not sure if you’re a Chelsea fan or not but I don’t get why Chelsea fans at the match were giving him so much abuse. He was the best thing ever to happen to that club. Without him they’d still be a mid-table club who haven’t won the league in over 50 years. Seems to be very short memories from all the Chelsea glory supporters.

Unfortunately you see this a lot in sports. Short term memories on some fans.

But didn't Jose leave Chelsea with drama? I don't remember all the details but I thought fans and players turned on him at the end.
  • Wyojasond
    Is it just me or does Everton feel like a team you’d build on Fifa :D like looking at there squad this morning before the CP game and it just looks like a setup we would all try do when doing a story in here.

Maybe Marco Silva is a big CMS fan :D :D :D
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something

He's also sabotaging Man Utd's title chances for the foreseeable future, Chelsea should erect a statue in his honour.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero

Not a Chelsea fan, just like to watch big games. It seems Chelsea like to get rid of managers that win them trophies as of late. Wasn't sure what happened with the taunting until I saw the replay. Not acceptable but bad sportsmanship runs rampant; it's why I don't referee any more...people suck. I was impressed with the change Manchester United made in the second half, but damn, what a finish to the match!

Reminds me of an incident when I was younger (eight years old, I think). This is a true story:
    My team was losing the game 3 or 4 to zero. The other team had just scored, and the one who did was a kid from my school named Billy. He was taunting and said something specifically to me, I don't remember what, but it made me mad so I stuck out my leg and tripped him as he ran by. He fell, got up and tried to kick me but got my shin guard. The ref saw him trying to kick me but didn't see me trip him. He gave Billy a red card and then asked if I was was okay. Billy was thrown off, parents were bitching, and the match went on...without Billy--we lost of course.

My coach saw the incident and yelled at me after the game. It was bad sportsmanship on my part. Do I feel bad? Hell no, it's a funny story! Hence, the problem with society. :D

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up

I'm not a Chelsea fan, so I can't speak for them, but José Mourinho is a man that only leaves burnt lands behind him. He always creates tension in and out, real or simulated enemies... I believe he considers it's a tactic that works for him. Anyway, I guess Chelsea fans also realize that he doesn't care about Chelsea, Inter, Madrid... he was the one who won this and that, not the club, not the team. Only the special one... Indeed, he's "special", but not in the way he thinks.

I remember him in his Barcelona time, with Bobby Robson (I wish he had learnt something from him) and Van Gaal. He was an obscure person that appeared in press conferences to translate what the managers were saying... it was funny, because he made his own translations. Anyway, he had a past with us and some people actually wanted him to be our manager at some point. But Mourinho himself closed doors in the clashes between Barcelona and Chelsea last decade. We never understood his insults, his provoking attitude... we had given him a chance, a formation and we got his **** instead. I feel thankful for this though.

The point is that it's impossible to appreciate this man. He's only a sad person... very sad person.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    @Virtual_K Did you see the Hertha game on Sunday?
    I'm still furious. The VAR in the Bundesliga is a pure joke..they don't know what they're doing and this game hasn't been the first game this season where everybody used their whistle like they bet on Hertha losing points.
    Of course we were the better team, their shot was golden and we should have closed the game in the first half. But still...not given hand penalty, not given red card after cynical foul and then the VAR overturning a penalty which by far didn't have any CLEAR reason to overturn it.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    @Virtual_K Did you see the Hertha game on Sunday?
    I'm still furious. The VAR in the Bundesliga is a pure joke..they don't know what they're doing and this game hasn't been the first game this season where everybody used their whistle like they bet on Hertha losing points.
    Of course we were the better team, their shot was golden and we should have closed the game in the first half. But still...not given hand penalty, not given red card after cynical foul and then the VAR overturning a penalty which by far didn't have any CLEAR reason to overturn it.

I did watch the match, and it was an exciting one to watch; lots of end-to-end action. Freiburg's goal was shocking and halted the momentum that Hertha Berlin had early on. Had that not gone in, I think Hertha Berlin would have had at least two before half. I thought Berlin was the better side but Freiburg did have their chances too. To be honest, I thought VAR was correct in overturning the penalty...sorry. Is this the first year Bundesliga has used VAR? There are some things to be ironed out with VAR, but all-in-all I think it's necessary. My team (LA Galaxy) played later in the day and are fighting for the last playoff spot in the West. This is the second year MLS has used VAR, and it saved the match. Minnesota had two goals called back because of an offside, and video review clearly showed that to be the case. VAR will improve the more it's implemented. I think the Premier League is behind the ball on this one.
  • Wyojasond
    Wow! Arsenal just got away with one of the worst non handball claims I’ve ever seen. Beyond lucky there. Leicester should be fuming
  • Wyojasond
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Wow! Arsenal just got away with one of the worst non handball claims I’ve ever seen. Beyond lucky there. Leicester should be fuming

Did you watch the halftime show? NBC announcer was saying Leicester player hit Holdings forearm and pushed it into the ball so it wasn't a handball. I disagree but that's the perspective I'm assuming the ref went with also.

I wonder how long it is going to take teams to adjust to Arsenal. They have done the same thing the last 10 matches and nobody has adjusted for some reason. They hang around in the first half then make adjustments and bring on an attacker at 70 minutes to go all out for the win. Teams need to get on top early and kill the game by the hour mark.

Completely different Arsenal team the last 30 minutes of a match.
  • Wyojasond

Did you watch the halftime show? NBC announcer was saying Leicester player hit Holdings forearm and pushed it into the ball so it wasn't a handball. I disagree but that's the perspective I'm assuming the ref went with also.

I wonder how long it is going to take teams to adjust to Arsenal. They have done the same thing the last 10 matches and nobody has adjusted for some reason. They hang around in the first half then make adjustments and bring on an attacker at 70 minutes to go all out for the win. Teams need to get on top early and kill the game by the hour mark.

Completely different Arsenal team the last 30 minutes of a match.

Yeah I heard that too. I don’t agree either, but I do get it.

Arsenal will continue to surprise people if Ozil keeps playing out of his mind. Them and Chelsea I think are very similar in that, except I think Arsenal actually has a couple of competent strikers. Both there defenses are still to leaky though.
  • Wyojasond
    :s not sure how I missed it, but just saw the video of Messi breaking his arm :s Hate watching stuff like that but it’s like watching a train wreck. You just can’t take your eyes off of it
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional
    Spurs have to feel hard done by that game. They made mistakes but to have a goal taken away for that call is terrible.
  • Wyojasond
    Spurs have to feel hard done by that game. They made mistakes but to have a goal taken away for that call is terrible.

I missed the end of the game, but saw some of the highlights real quick. Are you talking about the offsides goal or the red card? Lozano looked great again that game. He won’t be at PSV past this summer
  • Danimal5981
    2148 posts Fans' Favourite

Good result for Dutch football"one win (Ajax) and a draw.
    I missed the end of the game, but saw some of the highlights real quick. Are you talking about the offsides goal or the red card? Lozano looked great again that game. He won’t be at PSV past this summer

As far as I'm concerned, somebody pick him up this winter. That way, Ajax gets a clear shot at the title.

• Wyojasond
    Don’t worry @Stlducks, Tottenham can join up with the rest of the London clubs soon :p :D

• Ashy
    9489 posts League Winner
    Don’t worry @Stlducks, Tottenham can join up with the rest of the London clubs soon :p :D

I wouldn't be too sure Liverpool are through the groups just yet, PSG and Napoli are fighting to go through both can beat Liverpool in the 2nd fixture too I feel
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »

I wouldn't be too sure Liverpool are through the groups just yet, PSG and Napoli are fighting to go through both can beat Liverpool in the 2nd fixture too I feel

Oh trust me, I know :s :s :s we really screwed ourselves with that Napoli game. PSG has looked pretty crappy this far, but when you have that many star players on a team it doesn’t take much to turn it on
  • Stlducks
    1424 posts Professional

The goal disallowed. They said Kane made an attempt at it but I haven't heard anyone agree with that call or be able to explain it.

I actually made a comment to my Arsenal friend at the start of the year that it would be intersting to see 3 London sides in EL.
  • Legend tells of a thread that never truly died. Is this it?
  • Also, where the heckin' diddly darn are Walter and Valo? Are they still alive?
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something
    Xeneize wrote: »
    Also, where the heckin' diddly darn are Walter and Valo? Are they still alive?

I am walter, @Valo is Valo
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    Long time no speak @Xeneize. How’re things?
  • Valo
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special

<3
  • Valo
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special

<3