FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Alastair
    10061 posts Moderator
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Will a player still reach his full potential without training?

Yes
  • Alastair
    10061 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Have to agree with Dannyboy. That part about the team being bought for £2 is pretty funny. Plus come on @Alastair stick to elite team medicine. You could get us all the signed stuff we could only dream of. Just stay away from Liverpool, don’t trust you Manchester boys to not be sneaky and screw with a truly elite team :D :p

The reason it was so cheap was you were also buying £1.3 million pounds in debt.

:joy: I can still do part time work at an elite level without being the main club doctor. Teams often have 5+ with only 1-2 being full time.

Don’t know what you’re worried about. One of the best in the field is the Arsenal doctor and he’s a Manchester United fan (and even a GP in Manchester one day a week).
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    My story

My name is Juan Antonio and I’m 39 (1979). I was born and I grew up in Alicante, a city located at the South of the Valencian Community, in which tourism is its main industry thanks to its great weather and golden sand beaches. Most of my family have their roots in Alicante and surroundings, although I also have Catalan roots. When I was 17, I moved to Buffalo, NY (USA) and spent around 10 months in my first college year (Business Administration). Why Buffalo? Because my mother also did it when she was 17 and she already had an American “family”. In my case, I didn’t live with this family, but at the dorms of the State University of NY at Buffalo. As you can imagine, it was a unique experience for me. Perhaps it would be too brave to say that, when I got there, I was a kid and I became a man, but it definitely had an impact on my personality. At the dorms, I could share experiences with people of different nationalities, obviously Americans, but also people from all over the Wolrd, although mainly Asians (mainly Koreans and Japanese, although my first roommate was from Indonesia) and South America (Argentina, Colombia, Brazil –as my second roommate-,…). This was 1997-1998… the year of Clinton-Lewinsky and the impeachment process (things have changed for worse, considering the polemics on Clinton and the current presidency of the US), Denver Broncos won the NFL; obviously Jordan's Bulls won the NBA; the Buffalo Sabres reached the Eastern conference final, but Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup. I’ve also had the chance to attend to a baseball game, but this sport gave me one of the most boring experiences in life (sorry, but I can’t find the nice side of this sport).

Buffalo is not what I’d call a nice city. With important industrial past, at the late 90s, you could already feel the decadence of a city that had its golden days at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th thanks to its location near the East coast and the Big Lakes, a key point for commercial routes. As it happened to many industrial cities of the US, as economy changed and transportation developed, the city lost importance. However, I still enjoyed a great time there and it was a unique experience from the vital point of view. It was the first time I had left home and it had a great impact in me. This is where I learned my ‘funny’ English, something I guess you already noticed in my posts.

After spending the Summer 1998 back at home, I moved to Madrid to continue my studies at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. It also was a great experience, as Madrid is one of the nicest European cities, but also very open to people from anywhere else. I guess there’s no need to say that it was a great period in my life, when I got to know most of those who are my closest friends nowadays. As in the US, I had the chance to live at the dorms, which is a great experience in every aspect you can imagine. At that time, after a couple of years studying Business Administration in Financial Management, I also had the chance to work in my first serious job, as interim at a savings bank, first working with portfolios of big companies and later retail banking.

After finishing at the University, I went back to Alicante although I spent some time at Valencia too where I specialized at tax management and advisory. Even though I tried to work for the Tax Administration and I ended up working for a medium-sized Spanish bank at the Tax Department since 2007, working in the Tax planning, management and advisory policies of this bank. This job opportunity allowed me to move back to Madrid, where I wanted to be.

I must say that these years were not easy, because the financial crisis was tough for this industry, especially for the “not so big” banks of Spain, as some of you may know. Still, from the personal point of view, when I look behind, I can’t complain at all. I think I reached personal and professional goals I didn’t dream with when I joined this bank. And in terms of personal life, in 2013, I started my relationship with the woman who is my wife nowadays. She also worked in the same bank (too much time at work? Maybe…). I guess that my previous relationships gave me the experience I needed to find the right person in my life… I guess you never know what future brings, but I must say that I’m extremely happy with my wife.

In 2016, we married and bought a new house here in Madrid… probably the house of my dreams and where we plan to build our future.

Last year, our bank was bought by another bank, much larger… a bank that you may know for sponsorships in football or F1 competitions. It was a difficult time too, but I survived to massive sacking processes. As you can imagine, whenever there’s a merger, there are redundant departments and, sadly, workers. After some time of transition, I keep working in the tax department, but this time at the HQ of this bank, which is also a challenge for me, as this is one of the largest banks of the World. Let’s be honest, when I was a kid, I wanted to be football player, not tax advisor at a bank, but I am very happy with my professional position at this point of my life.

Other aspects… FC Barcelona. I’m a hardcore Barça fan. Why Barça if I grew up in Alicante? Well, this is because of my Catalan roots. My grandfather was a great Barcelona fan and he was the founder of a ‘Penya’ (supporters association or group) in Alicante. Obviously, he did all in his hands to make me love the ‘blaugrana’ colors as I do. As he would say, it has been easy to be a ‘Culé’ since 30 years ago approximately, but I still remember being a kid when Real Madrid won Ligas for fun and Barça was a ruin before Cruyff… it wasn’t that easy. I also have a soft spot for one of the two Alicante teams, called Alicante CF, but nowadays they are in regional divisions. But my heart isn’t divided: Barça is my one and only love. Ironically, nowadays I live in Madrid… which is fun or terrible, depending on the year. Recently, they win UCLs without much effort. They are able to concentrate in winning the UCL while forgetting about LaLiga, personally I believe it’s a shame as I am used to see them suck weekend by weekend and then show up at big days… but I must admit it’s their plus too. On the other hand, Barcelona have to be glorious to win UCLs… and I’m ashamed that we “only” had won 4 UCLs in the Messi times.

What I like about my club is that it is not a company, but an old-fashioned club. We vote for our president, one ‘soci’ – one vote. We rule our club and we aren’t in hands of foreign rich men, who couldn’t care less about the colors. Obviously, the club is managed as a multinational (it’s the only way to survive and compete against the state fraud clubs like Man City or PSG) and we had to surrender to certain aspects (sponsorship on shirts, for example). It’s the club of the Catalans, as the club is connected to its society, and defend the culture and the language. ‘More than a club’? Obviously, I will always defend this feature. As I said, FC Barcelona have always been an institution that has promoted the Catalan culture, but not only this… In times of dictatorship, the Camp Nou or Les Corts (our previous stadium) were ‘free speech’ zone, with chants against dictators, showing the Catalan flag when it was forbidden, which obviously had negative consequences: stadium closed, presidents chosen by the central government, among other that may fall in the conspiracy theories, independently of being true or lie. Obviously, aside the pure sport rivalry, Barcelona and Real Madrid also have different meanings (in general terms, obviously) in other aspects of life: “Catalanism” vs Spanish Centralism; or Left vs Right (there are official surveys that show that, in Spain (not just Catalonia), the left voters feel attracted by Barcelona, while the right wingers for Real Madrid.

The other great rival is Espanyol. If Barcelona was founded by a Swiss man (Hans Gamper) and had lots of British players in the initial years, Espanyol (back then Español) was founded by Catalan students and didn’t allow foreigners (think that if you were a university student in 1900, you were probably rich). Before LaLiga started in 1929, the leagues were regional and this is when Barcelona and Espanyol started their rivalry. Barcelona became bigger thanks to a larger popular support, while Espanyol usually found their fan base among the bourgeoisie. When football reached national level, Barcelona continued growing and Espanyol, even if they usually are in the top division, they never had a real chance of winning Ligas. At some point, the old stadium of Espanyol ‘Sarrià’ was called the ‘Little Bernabéu’, as they even celebrated the goals of Real Madrid against their own team. Lately, it seems they found their own personality, still “anti-Culé”, but not so Real Madrid-friendly.

Sports. Football, I loved watching and playing football since I’m a kid, but I’ve always been terrible at it. As a consequence, in games with friends, I ended up being goalkeeper (no one wants to be a goalie) or ‘old-school’ central backs (you must stop the ball or the forward, no matter how… forget about building up the game). There are a couple of sports that I took more seriously. One is tennis. I had a tennis official license and I played tournaments at provincial level (which isn’t much), although I hardly advanced more than a couple of rounds in this level. As an anecdote, even though I’ve never played against him, I remember that the wonderkid in one of these tournaments was the back then unknown Juan Carlos Ferrero (later World #1 and Roland Garros and Davis Cup winner). I never won a tournament (just like in FIFA…haha) and perhaps the greatest achievement was to reach a final at a club tournament, but I got a memorable lesson at it.

I also played handball in high school tournaments. Probably handball is the sport I had more talent. I played as winger and the professional team of Alicante called me to join their academy, but it was going to take too much time of training and traveling, so I gave up… not many can make their life playing handball and, even though I had certain talent, I knew I wasn’t going to reach this level. Basically, my sport life ended up before I turned 17… then just some football, tennis or basketball games with friends, but nothing serious.

Gaming. I’ve ever spent too much time with them. I remember playing PC football games when I was a child (Kick Off, Sensible Soccer, MUFC or PC Fútbol –a kind of Football Manager of Spanish football-). I also liked other games as Street Fighter II or Golden Axe. Later, I remember the first FIFA 94… It was totally different. The youngest of you may laugh about this, if you see it with the eyes of nowadays, but it was great and different. Then there was a period of time that I didn’t play at all, especially when I was studying in the US and Madrid… I felt there were too many things to do that I thought were better than gaming.

After my college years, when I started my professional career, my relationship with gaming had up and downs. Opposite to others, I hadn’t been always loyal to FIFA and I played PES too (at some point it was much better than FIFA despite the usual lack of licenses). And there was a time that I wouldn’t go to sleep playing Football Manager. I’ll be honest, if I had time for it, I would spend my gaming hours with it, but I don’t have the time and my head asks for relief and FIFA is better for it. Football games aside, I think I’ve only spent real time with GTA series (with GTA San Andreas and GTA V, I really lost sense of time) and other Rockstar games (LA Noire, for example). I tried others too, but I’m too lazy to learn some new games that seem complicated for a non-usual gamer (below zero level).

Music… I’d say it’s my biggest passion aside football. However, I must highlight that it’s a passion as listener, because I’ve never had the patience to play… and now that I feel calm and patient, I don’t have the time to do it (or I prefer to put my time in other aspects). I’ve grown up listening to rock music at home, my father used to play The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Dire Straits, The Police… among these, I liked some more than others (I love The Beatles, I don’t like The Police that much). I think I had a revelation being 12 or so… I guess the time when your parents aren’t your heroes anymore and you build your own personality. Then it was when Grunge music exploded (more or less 1992). I remember a friend said that he had a new cassette(!!!!) recorded with Nirvana’s Nevermind on it. It blew my head. It became an obsession… and I obviously started to hear about other “alternative” bands. Back then you could imagine it was a fashion (it actually was… everything was grunge or alternative), but the collection of great albums was amazing (Nevermind –Nirvana-, Badmotorfinger –Soundgarden-, Out of Time –R.E.M.-, Ten –Pearl Jam-, Metallica –Black Album-, Loveless –My Bloody Valentine-, Blood Sugar Sex Magic –RHCP-, Rage Against The Machine,…). The early 90s was full of extraordinary and classic albums, in my opinion. Later, under the Britpop label, there were some good albums too, although they didn’t reach my heart that much (and I believe many of them got old soon, but that’s personal taste). Anyway, the more I listened, the more I got interested in other periods of rock history and new things, but what people call “grunge” (even though there was punk, hard rock, heavy metal… more or less mixed depending on the group) was what took me to 80s independent music, punk, the 60s, etc. Obviously I liked later stuff too. Nowadays, I’m not much into “new rock” (If that exists at all) attracts me… some said rock would never die, but it definitely got old. So I turned my ears in other directions and styles, including folklore music as Flamenco, Bossa Nova or Fado.

And last but the most important for me, if things go as they should, next March my wife and I will bring a little girl to this World, which I don’t know it’s a good idea, but I think I’ve never experienced such a beautiful and thrilling time in my life… probably it’ll have an impact in my time around, but I can’t think in a better reason. I’m truly happy at this point of my life.

P5Lcgcn.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    2237 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2018
    @subpop Girls are the best! Got two little ones (4 and 11; and one slightly bigger one; wife) crawling around me. Love and admire how you open about literally anything: a good person has nothing to hide, they say.

And I recognize the whole music-thing! Anything with guitars between 1955 and 1995 is okay; as for myself, there's nothing beyond The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen and Metallica (whom together span the whole guitar music-age). But after 1995, (guitar)music died a bit and I grew out of my teenage-thrills. I still do music though and (co-)owning a studio keeps you up to date with what's going on in today's music world. But it's work and observe now, not living a passion anymore.

I could ramble on about music a lot. I think I'll do a second video, about some more personal stuff, as my first one was more about football and FIFA. Or would that be overkill?

But let me say this: I consider hip-hop to be rhythmic poetry not music and DJing is linear advanced sound engineering and as nice as it is to dance to, it is not music. But in the end, the instrument that I primarily play (drums) is responsible for that change: a century ago (classic) music stopped being a wave and started to become a rhythm. So when anybody relates to modern music, I understand that as anything since the 20th century began. But between 1955-1975, there was a balance between the two; which is why I consider that age as the best for contemporary music, not that hollow and shallow junk nowadays. Sorry, had to get that of my chest.... :blush:
  • subpop
    @subpop Girls are the best! Got two little ones (4 and 11; and one slightly bigger one; wife) crawling around me. Love and admire how you open about literally anything: a good person has nothing to hide, they say.

I am really happy with it. To be honest, I didn't have any kind of preference. Som people prefer a particular sex, but I didn't mind at all. I just want that she grows up healthy. Sometimes I hear jokes about marriage and the 'end of your life'.

We started our relationship late in our lives. It's evident that we had previous relationships. In my case, I had a couple of serious relationships. At some point, I truly thought it was true that a relationship meant that you had to conceed, to cut yourself somehow. I even got convinced of it. It's evident that they failed as a consequence of personal frustration. I won't ever blame anyone. Looking at me, if I'm not happy, how can I make anyone happy?

Well, this is what I have nowadays. I feel happy, because it's not that I don't need to change my personality with her. It's the opposite, she makes me better.

And thanks for your words. I try to. I work at banking and you know that ethics and this industry didn't mix well in the past, perhaps the present too. I think it's because I know the working-class roots of my family that I think that the most important is to go with your head up in your life. Obviously, we all make mistakes and I'm not an exception in it. I am sure I hurt people in the past... but I am one of those who feel pain at night when I recognize myself in an error.

I want to sleep calm and well at night... well, at least until the baby is born. :D

And I recognize the whole music-thing! Anything with guitars between 1955 and 1995 is okay; as for myself, there's nothing beyond The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen and Metallica (whom together span the whole guitar music-age). But after 1995, (guitar)music died a bit and I grew out of my teenage-thrills. I still do music though and (co-)owning a studio keeps you up to date with what's going on in today's music world. But it's work and observe now, not living a passion anymore.

I could ramble on about music a lot. I think I'll do a second video, about some more personal stuff, as my first one was more about football and FIFA. Or would that be overkill?

But let me say this: I consider hip-hop to be rhythmic poetry not music and DJing is linear advanced sound engineering and as nice as it is to dance to, it is not music. But in the end, the instrument that I primarily play (drums) is responsible for that change: a century ago (classic) music stopped being a wave and started to become a rhythm. So when anybody relates to modern music, I understand that as anything since the 20th century began. But between 1955-1975, there was a balance between the two; which is why I consider that age as the best for contemporary music, not that hollow and shallow junk nowadays. Sorry, had to get that of my chest.... :blush:

Yes... I can also talk about music for hours. I obviously like the bands you mention and I consider them fundamental in music. It's hard for me to do a list as I would always think I'm unfair to other influential bands, but I share with you all you say. I liked the way you describe it as a mixed balance of wave and rythm.

You also made me think about the 1955-1975 period... As punk music fan as I am, I am not sure if I would even extend this period a bit, although you may be right in the sense that punk music actually vindicated a more basic rock (mixed with other elements, more or less musical). It's always difficult to paint a line or do a ranking. In music, everything is an evolution from the past, even if it's revolutionary.

If we talk about contemporary music, popular music in the wide sense, it used to be rebellious. Since the beginning of the 20th century, popular music used to bother the elder with attitude, it challenged society in one way or another. I'm not just talking about rock and roll, which benefited from certain factors (popularity of vynils, radio stations, first TV shows, technology...), but also blues, jazz, swing, etc.. I even recognize part of this rebellious attitude in hip-hop, but as you say it is closer to rhythmic poetry. But maybe industry swallowed everything.

I grew up with grunge music (I don't like the word as it's not a style 'per se', but it's a label we all recognize). It's evident that if a Spanish teen of Alicante got to know this music, it was because music industry brought it to me in the early 90s. But when I got into it, I truly realized that it was a fantastic rebellious movement which thankfully grew up solid in the 80s in a dark and isolated Washington state... I liked the way they honoured their influences (Beatles, Neil Young, Ramones, Pink Floyd, Black Flag, Metallica, Aerosmith, R.E.M.,...), the open minded and liberal way of thinking (feminism, pro-choice,...), the 'be a normal person' attitude,... obviously fame allowed me to know them as I see it was the end of it. And, well, music was really good.

Somehow this is something I've been missing in POP music. Somehow I feel World is going truly wrong, making mistakes of the past: nationalism, classism, racism, xenophobia... and, from time to time, music helped the youth to be better than their parents generation. I am aware that globalization is leaving victims in our societies and people are desperate as we probably are the first generation in decades that won't surely have a better life than our parents. However, the old receipts are proven wrong, so I don't really understand why a relevant part of socity buy these messages... I feel pain watching so much hatred against the "different one" instead of doing a proper analysis of what's going on. And meanwhile music talk about going to discos, which is fine for me, but shouldn't be the only message... or how mysoginy is so evident and forgiven (latin music, for example).

Then going into the pure musical aspect. I miss the song concept as a unique and beautiful piece, with nice lyrics and attractive melodies and rythms that make me feel something: love, anger, pain, beauty... whatever. The feeling of listenting to a song and think "it talks about me". As you say DJing may require certain kind of talent and be fun for dancing, but it never got into me in terms of "music" and I feel it's shockingly conservative, as empty as its message is.
  • Wyojasond
    11553 posts Has That Special Something
    Great summary @subpop I totally thought I was the old man in this group so you and Danimal are making me feel young again :D :D :D Congrats to you and your wife. I was scared to death to have a little girl but you’ll never find someone who looks up to you and loves you as much as your daughter does.
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    As said in my movie (see below) my real name is Daniël van Hoven.
    I invite you all to contact me on social media e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn (for business) or Instagram :smile: :

Who, after the elaborate and impressive personal story from Spain, is next community?

So far, we have:

@Lyktan (21) from Sweden, follows Djurgardens IF. Find his story here
    @ASdoZeR (24) from Germany, follows Hertha BSC. Find his story here
    @JoshDFC (24) from UK, follows Droylsden FC. Find his story here
    @Stlducks (29) from Iowa (US), follows Tottenham Hotspur. Find his story here
    @Wyojasond (34) from all over the USA, follows Liverpool. Find his story here
    @Danimal5981 (myself, 38) from Netherlands, but currently Poland, follows Ajax. Find my story here
    @subpop (39) from Spain, follows FC Barcelona. Find his story here
    @Alastair from UK, follows Hereford. Find his story here

• Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    A lot of diversity in this section these days, good stuff, although I still miss Kyle Des @dannyboy
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    Commonly accepted as Europe's biggest international football rivalry! Tonight, IT'S ON!!

And for 90 minutes, being a citizen of both Netherlands and Poland, sympathies for the country in between seize to be. Go Orange!! 🔶🔶🔶 @ASdoZeR Sie sind gewarnt!! :naughty:
  • Danimal5981
    HT: Nederland - Deutschland 1:0
  • Danimal5981
    Full time: Netherlands - Germany 3:0!!!!
    Netherlands won Old German-style: On the counter and with two goals in the last 5 minutes.
    And with a certain degree of luck. Two possible German penalties not given and a very big chance for Leroy Sané. But hey, to the victor the spoils: Netherlands finally tops Germany after 16 (!!!) years.
  • subpop
    Netherlands won Old German-style: On the counter and with two goals in the last 5 minutes.
    And with a certain degree of luck. Two possible German penalties not given and a very big chance for Leroy Sané. But hey, to the victor the spoils: Netherlands finally tops Germany after 16 (!!!) years.

Is it because Koeman is a PSV product? ;)

Just joking. Congratulations!
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Great game by Netherlands today, very surprised with their performance.
  • Danimal5981
    Question: one time in FIFA 18, I don't know how. But I managed to play 'quick games' from the main menu, with the squads as they were in my career mode. Suddenly I was able to play Ajax as in CM against an opponent with their squad in CM. They only thing is, it happened by accident. Does anybody know how to generate CM-squads so I could play them in different modes as well? I might need them for any add-ons to my story.
  • WestardLord
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Check this out

This is what the Bayern Munich roster ended up looking like towards the end of the 2019 season in my FIFA 18 career:

Q6w5Ilt.png
    XJ3d9tG.png
    guew3IT.png

I mean, WTF
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Question: one time in FIFA 18, I don't know how. But I managed to play 'quick games' from the main menu, with the squads as they were in my career mode. Suddenly I was able to play Ajax as in CM against an opponent with their squad in CM. They only thing is, it happened by accident. Does anybody know how to generate CM-squads so I could play them in different modes as well? I might need them for any add-ons to my story.

That is interesting because something similar happened to me back on FIFA14. I would play kickoff games for practice and on several occasions (don't know how), my player career squad appeared instead of the normal LA Galaxy squad. I could then play with virtual me against any of the teams available in the game. Like you, I don't know how it happened, but it happened more than once.
  • Wyojasond

I remember reading a post somewhere last year that talked about being able to do this. Sounds like it’s a bit of a rare phenomenon. There’s a trick to doing it but it requires some luck and a bunch of steps if I remember correctly. Might try a google search and see if anything pops up.
  • dannyboy
    12824 posts Has That Special Something
    I was able to do that on some older fifas
  • Danimal5981
    dannyboy wrote: »

Remember how?
  • Alastair
    10061 posts Moderator
    dannyboy wrote: »

Remember how?

Don’t think Walter has played FIFA this decade. Fairly sure this used to be a feature back in the MM days.

I did a google search last night and it looks like if you accept a online friendly match request whilst in CM it glitches it.

Alternately, you play on PC don’t you @Danimal5981?
  • Danimal5981
    Alastair wrote: »

I do
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Gutes Spiel ;)
    I haven't been able to watch it as I were away the whole weekend. The results is nasty. But to be honest I'm not really surprised. This team does need a massive change in order to keep pace with the big teams. The netherlands are a good example. Missed the WC, did a certain rebuild and it pays off so far. That's something Germany would need as well. We still have fantastic names but that shouldn't count at all as most of them aren't playing well or haven't played well. Will be exciting next months for the german NT as rumours about Löw leaving getting louder now. Both sides do have an extra passage in the contract to be able to go separate ways anytime.
  • Alastair
    10061 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »

I do

If you want someone to test that friendly season’s match request with then let me know. :)
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Sterling What the **** :joy:
  • Wyojasond
    Liverpool coming out of the break with Salah, VVD and Mane hurt so far...... :s :s :s
  • Alastair
    10061 posts Moderator
    As if we beat Spain. Football’s Coming Home!!!
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Liverpool coming out of the break with Salah, VVD and Mane hurt so far...... :s :s :s

And Spurs are getting Dele, Dembele and Vertoghen back it sounds like. I actually thought with the World Cup and no break, we would see more injuries. I know Spurs have had 6 first team players out for a while and City have had a few injuries but I expected more.

Not sure how other leagues are doing but at least those leagues are smart enough to have a winter break.
  • Danimal5981
    Yesterday, Belgium - The Netherlands 1:1 (international friendly)

Belgium flew across the pitch in the opening minutes scoring 1:0 after 5 minutes. Netherlands retaliated and equalized via Danjuma Groeneveld who made his debut in the starting eleven. For those looking for a good, cheap winger in FIFA 19: Groeneveld was overlooked by everybody in Holland and went from First Division team NEC to the Belgian elite of Club Brugge.

The new Dutch line isn't according to the traditional philosophy, the so-called 'Dutch school', but more according to the quality at hand. Moreover, over the last two months, the 2:1 win over Peru, the 2:1 loss to France, the 3:0 win against Germany and the 1:1 draw to Belgium have shown the 'new' Netherlands or as Koeman put it: "Our starting eleven aren't the best team in the world, but in squad width and squad options we are among the best eight; better than Germany and Belgium for sure..."
  • Danimal5981
    edited October 2018
    hehehe, lol: Career Mode bug. In my CM with Ajax, Daley Blind and David Neres got injured somewhere in 2018. Now, both are nominated for Player of the Month of January 2019 :smirk:
  • Wyojasond
    Well looks like you guys are stuck with me for a bit longer. I didn’t win the Mega Millions powerball last night. Jackpot was projected over $1 billion :D