FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Spurs finally spend money and the two big signings experience their first injuries as professionals. #spursy.

Ndombele missed Newcastle and Arsenal but might be back soon. Lo Celso is out until at least the end of October.

That's what they get for spending money!
  • Ashy
    9725 posts League Winner
    So new forums for Tuesday 17th 2 days before early access on 19th who's got their team ready?

RB Leipzig is my starting point
  • Danimal5981
    2235 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 10
    Ashy wrote: »
    So new forums for Tuesday 17th 2 days before early access on 19th who's got their team ready?

RB Leipzig is my starting point

Standing by with AFCA (Ajax)
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    edited September 10
    After much back and forth (like @Wyojasond I'm sure) I'm settled on doing my serious Tottenham one first. Have the beginning story and graphics ready to go.

Could use a little help on players feedback though. For Alderweireld, Vertoghen and Eriksen. What clubs realistically would they go to?

Since I'm going to be playing it out the way I hoped Spurs would, I'm going to extend the players but will sell if certain teams come in.

Eriksen - Barca, Madrid, Atletico, Bayern and Juve

Toby/Jan - Ajax, Juve, ??
  • Ashy
    9725 posts League Winner
    Toby to Italy (Juventus, Inter, Roma), Atletico or Bayern

Jan to Ajax, Juventus, Bayern or Inter
  • Wyojasond
    11546 posts Has That Special Something
    After being super undecided the last few weeks I think I have a perfect story in mind. Eager to share it with you guys 😎
  • Danimal5981
    I have had two scenarios in my head, which involve Ajax and Bayern.
    1. Success manager Erik ten Hag moves to Bayern, I take over at Ajax.
    2. Success manager Erik ten Hag blocks my way at Ajax, which is why I'm appointed at Bayern II (3. liga) and work my way from there.

I'm tempted to do scenario number 2...
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 11
    Uh, FIFA 20 ratings are out on Sofifa. Lasse Schone, Kasper Dolberg and Dani de Wit are still Ajax-players :smiley: #LMAO
  • DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Danimal5981 the Bayern II scenario sounds cool! Big question might be if you get nice manager options from there and if it is possible to comeback to the Netherlands/Ajax.

Looking forward to start my sc Heerenveen story, for the first time in seasons I'm a little excited about our squad in real life, despite the lack of a good striker.
  • Alastair
    10059 posts Moderator
    Uh, FIFA 20 ratings are out on Sofifa. Lasse Schone, Kasper Dolberg and Dani de Wit are still Ajax-players :smiley: #LMAO

There is always a squad update on launch day. No need for the base game to have up to date squads nowadays.
  • Ashy
    9725 posts League Winner
    Hopefully the squad update is Thursday evening when early release comes out
  • Danimal5981
    Hopefully the squad update is Thursday evening when early release comes out

Exactly
  • Wyojasond
    Who’s played the demo? What do you think so far. Much improved on 19 for me. Really struggling to score on legendary.
  • Danimal5981
    Who’s played the demo? What do you think so far. Much improved on 19 for me. Really struggling to score on legendary.

Where do I find the demo? Can't find it on my origin...
  • Danimal5981

Nevermind "try it now" instead of "demo" - got it. I'm old....
  • Wyojasond

Not sure. I had to just do a search for Fifa 20 demo on my Xbox last night. Was a bit surprised. Didn’t think it came out til tomorrow
  • Danimal5981
    Don't know @Wyojasond . Picked up where I left Fifa 19 and I have to say there's not much difference.
    It comes across slightly more muddy (as in: slower) and it would seem defending is somewhat easier while getting through with attack a little harder. But that might well be me playing with a team and a system I usually never would consider.

1BJxOjX.png

3dqTqkY.png
  • Wyojasond
    Don't know @Wyojasond . Picked up where I left Fifa 19 and I have to say there's not much difference.
    It comes across slightly more muddy (as in: slower) and it would seem defending is somewhat easier while getting through with attack a little harder. But that might well be me playing with a team and a system I usually never would consider.

1BJxOjX.png

3dqTqkY.png

I scored fairly easy on world class, but in like 3-4 games on legendary I couldn’t muster a single goal. It was a bit easy to retain and keep possession I’d say while the AI only really threatened me in one game, mostly on the counter.
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    I played two games, Spurs v Liverpool and Spurs v Chelsea. I beat Liverpool 1-0 on a counterattack goal and finished with only 36% possession, the lowest I have ever had against the CPU.

Chelsea I lost 2-0 when they scored twice on the counter and I had 64% possession.

I like the gameplay and like how both teams played so differently. It's hard to read too much into it when halves are only 4 minutes but I'm feeling good about this years game.
  • Danimal5981
    I honestly don't feel much difference.
    I played about 10 games now and it's like FIFA 19 with new kits and players. It's a tat slower, that's all.

But I guess the general consensus was that FIFA 19 was decent on the pitch and improvements were needed more off the pitch in career mode. So, I do see it as promising.
  • Wyojasond
    I honestly don't feel much difference.
    I played about 10 games now and it's like FIFA 19 with new kits and players. It's a tat slower, that's all.

But I guess the general consensus was that FIFA 19 was decent on the pitch and improvements were needed more off the pitch in career mode. So, I do see it as promising.

I haven’t played 19 much in the last few months so that could be it. Going off the pre-launch board it seems to be a bit split as well. Some are saying it’s tye same as 19, others noticing a big difference.

Legendary mode seems to be fairly talked about as more challenging this year, especially when breaking down the defense. I think with 8-12 minute halves it will be more rewarding. My hope is that Volta is here to appease the fan base that want the constant tricks and flips and we’ll see a bit more of a balanced game this year
  • Wyojasond
    edited September 12
    Also, did anyone notice that you can change the strength of your CPU teammates now as well? Like that addition.

Maybe that’s always been there on exhibition mode though😂🤷‍♂️
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Also, did anyone notice that you can change the strength of your CPU teammates now as well? Like that addition.

Maybe that’s always been there on exhibition mode though😂🤷‍♂️

I was not aware of that but I noticed a few new fields under settings.
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Spurs offered Eriksen £230k a week plus bonuses. He has previously said it's not about money, he just wants a new challenge. This offer will challenge that. It's kind of nice seeing a player care about something else besides money.
  • WestardLord
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 14
    Wow, the prestige of the Audi Cup wasn't enough for him?

:p
  • Stlducks
    1461 posts Professional
    Wow, the prestige of the Audi Cup wasn't enough for him?

:p

You're forgetting the 2018 international champions cup also! But you know what I mean, how often do players say it's not about money then they are offered a huge deal and they take it?
  • Ashy
    9725 posts League Winner
    Hurts to see Malen doing well in the Dutch league now, if only we had a buy-back option on him
  • Danimal5981
    Hurts to see Malen doing well in the Dutch league now, if only we had a buy-back option on him

5 goals in a match between the number #2 and #3 - says a lot about the gap between Ajax, PSV and the rest
  • dannyboy
    12822 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15
    Don't NHL teams do that as well?
    Or some other ice hockey leagues