The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• sviraman
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There is no Big 6 anymore. There's a Big 2, and then, after this extremely weird summer, just a big lump of about 6-8 other teams.
    The bigger four are still better on average, but all of them have glaring weak spots that they have stubbornly refused to cover up. Any one of them could possibly drop out of Europe.
    Spurs have potential to be closer to the top 2 than the rest, if they ever manage to get all their best players together on the pitch for any significant length of time. Arsenal and Chelsea are still a tossup, both have one area that's bomb (attack for Arsenal, midfield for Chelsea), and the rest is, eh, debatable. United are a dumpster fire, lol.
    Meanwhile, Everton or Leicester may be on average weaker, but are better balanced; I wouldn't be too surprised to see one of them in CL next year. West Ham and Wolves are a bit lower-tier, they have their own problems (like how Wolves have seemingly decided to just not bother with a midfield at all), but they can still be in the European conversation.
    Like, if everything works out for the "contenders" and all the worst fears come true for the "frontrunners", there is a conceivable universe in which the "Big 6" has four new members at the end of the season.
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Wyojasond 😂😂😂😂😂 thinking Spurs are worse than Arsenal and Chelsea. Don't let a slow start fool you. Injuries and transfer distractions have impacted the team. You will see w much better side after the break.
  • Wyojasond
    13332 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    @Wyojasond 😂😂😂😂😂 thinking Spurs are worse than Arsenal and Chelsea. Don't let a slow start fool you. Injuries and transfer distractions have impacted the team. You will see w much better side after the break.

Your probably right, but there’s so much drama around the club right now, and the defense is a shadow of its former self. Plus I think Poch is just ready to get out 🤷‍♂️

Guess we’ll see, I’m usually pretty wrong with my Spurs predictions 😂
  • Danimal5981
    2474 posts Fans' Favourite
    sviraman wrote: »
    There is no Big 6 anymore. There's a Big 2, and then, after this extremely weird summer, just a big lump of about 6-8 other teams.

Touché. It's LP and MC and then comes the rest. That much is already clear in points and goals scored (though that is the argumentation of the score board).

In fact, I think the German Bundesliga and the Spanish La Liga will be slightly more exciting to watch in terms of league development: I think Dortmund can take on Bayern, while Atletico appears to be a more cohesive whole, than Real and Barcelona minus Messi and Suarez isn't much of a sight to behold.
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero

Your probably right, but there’s so much drama around the club right now, and the defense is a shadow of its former self. Plus I think Poch is just ready to get out 🤷‍♂️

Guess we’ll see, I’m usually pretty wrong with my Spurs predictions 😂

I'm just messing with you. But I do think the drama will finally end after today when the window closes. Something changed this week with Poch. I agree with him seeming to want out last week but he had a dinner with Levy and has been strangely happy in his latest two press conferences. He said everything with Levy was in the past and it is time to move forward.

@Danimal5981 I think the Bundesliga has potential to be very exciting. Top 4 for PL will be intense but the title in the Bundesliga will be fun.

Once the CL/EL start and the league cups I think some teams will fall off since they don't have the depth.

I can also see Messi returning to full health and Barca running away with the league again. I'm wondering if they are having the same issue as some other teams and are unsettled/distracted due to the tramsfer rumors.
  • Wyojasond
    It’s a shame the other leagues don’t close there transfer windows early like the PL. We could probably get the game this week if they did. Would be perfect to get it during the break.
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s a shame the other leagues don’t close there transfer windows early like the PL. We could probably get the game this week if they did. Would be perfect to get it during the break.

I hate transfers during the season. I hate the January window too. Transfers should be in the summer and end when the season starts.
  • Wyojasond

I hate transfers during the season. I hate the January window too. Transfers should be in the summer and end when the season starts.

I don’t mind the January window. Rarely see too many big moves and it’s a great way to send out some kids for more experience.

I do agree though that the window should shut before a season starts. I think the PL fully expected more leagues to follow suit and close early. It looked like the Bundesliga would for sure but that talk seems to have died. Have a feeling the PL will go back to the old way soon too 🤷‍♂️
  • Danimal5981
    @Alastair when are FIFA 20 segments opening? Maybe some would like to do early introductions, prologues, or just start early. Any time table on that?
  • Wyojasond
    @Alastair when are FIFA 20 segments opening? Maybe some would like to do early introductions, prologues, or just start early. Any time table on that?

@Danimal5981, they usually open the new boards about a week before the release 😊
  • Danimal5981

@Danimal5981, they usually open the new boards about a week before the release 😊

@Wyojasond cool bananas, I'll just be patient then...
  • Wyojasond

@Wyojasond cool bananas, I'll just be patient then...

Pretty sure they can move boards for you though. So up to you. But you might want to check with Alastair first. I’d fee, horrible if you started a story here and it just had to die 😂🤦‍♂️
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    I settled on Norwich City as the team I'm starting with. I know I'll do a Spurs career but I wanted to start with a team to build first and test out the new potential rating that was added.

I'm leaning towards monthly summaries like @Wyojasond did last season for a career to move the seasons along.
  • Ashy
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    1 week before early access release full release, 2-3 days before EA early access, probably Monday/Tuesday 16th/17th
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sc Heerenveen, my favorite club and the one I will take to make a story, made some interesting signings in the last days of the window. Alen Halilovic is loaned from Milan and some Vietnamese guy came to us and is the first Vietnamese in the Eredivisie. On Facebook the amount of likes increased from around 130.000 likes to 280.000 thanks to these transfers, which makes the club the fourth club after Aiax, PSV and Feyenoord on the platform. Very excited for FIFA 20 and to start a new story, hopefully the section opens soon to make some introductions!
  • Wyojasond
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Sc Heerenveen, my favorite club and the one I will take to make a story, made some interesting signings in the last days of the window. Alen Halilovic is loaned from Milan and some Vietnamese guy came to us and is the first Vietnamese in the Eredivisie. On Facebook the amount of likes increased from around 130.000 likes to 280.000 thanks to these transfers, which makes the club the fourth club after Aiax, PSV and Feyenoord on the platform. Very excited for FIFA 20 and to start a new story, hopefully the section opens soon to make some introductions!

Will be interesting to see if Halilovic regains some form. Didn’t he flop horribly last season at some lower league team? Was such a hyped youngster, hopefully he can find it again.
  • Ashy
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    Dolberg
    Halilovic
    Mastour
    Ananidze
    Iturbe
    Vilhena
    Bazoer

The forgotten 7
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    Dolberg
    Halilovic
    Mastour
    Ananidze
    Iturbe
    Vilhena
    Bazoer

The forgotten 7

Bazoer....I remember thinking he was gonna be such an incredible player. Had him in a couple of my stories.
  • Danimal5981
    Ashy wrote: »
    Dolberg
    Halilovic
    Mastour
    Ananidze
    Iturbe
    Vilhena
    Bazoer

The forgotten 7

Bazoer....I remember thinking he was gonna be such an incredible player. Had him in a couple of my stories.

Never saw it in that guy.
  • Wyojasond
    Netherlands have so many top quality players in defense and midfield, and then you see that attack and just shake your head 🤦‍♂️

Blind has looked so bad this game 😬
  • Wyojasond
    What a joke. How can you call that a handball penalty 🤦‍♂️
  • Danimal5981
    @Wyojasond Don't know what game you were watching but despite the 1:0 we were the dominant team all evening and 2:4 win over Germany is fully justified. Dumfries and Promes were bad, but the other nine played well, as did the three subs. Donyell Malen had a killer debut, scoring a goal immediately.
  • Wyojasond
    @Wyojasond Don't know what game you were watching but despite the 1:0 we were the dominant team all evening and 2:4 win over Germany is fully justified. Dumfries and Promes were bad, but the other nine played well, as did the three subs. Donyell Malen had a killer debut, scoring a goal immediately.

Fully felt you deserved the win. Germany’s gameplay early was to sit back and counter and it worked well, but Netherlands absolutely dominated that second half. Wijnaldum was dominant and great debut for Malen.

Still felt Blind had a very bad game and the penalty call against De Ligt was a joke.
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    Excited to see Dest with his first appearance for team USA tonight. A lot of key players missing due to MLS but that just gives the younger players a chance against a main rival.
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    Watford fire Javi. Seems a bit premature but going back to last season I think the FA cup run covered up a lot of issues they had. They went something like 11 games without a win in the league.

@Wyojasond do you watch the Kelly and Wrighty show on NBC? Every Friday it's Kelly Kates (sp?) And Ian Wright with a few guests.

Since it is the int break they talked about City and Liverpool and how each manager is different and how the players attitudes are different. They discussed the Pep/Aguero argument and how quickly they solved it then discussed how Liverpool should solve the Mane/Salah fit.

Wrighty said when he played the best way to solve this issue is to make jokes out of it. If anyone in the clubhouse wants to hand Mane something, give it to Salah and make him pass it to him. 😂😂
  • Wyojasond
    Watford fire Javi. Seems a bit premature but going back to last season I think the FA cup run covered up a lot of issues they had. They went something like 11 games without a win in the league.

@Wyojasond do you watch the Kelly and Wrighty show on NBC? Every Friday it's Kelly Kates (sp?) And Ian Wright with a few guests.

Since it is the int break they talked about City and Liverpool and how each manager is different and how the players attitudes are different. They discussed the Pep/Aguero argument and how quickly they solved it then discussed how Liverpool should solve the Mane/Salah fit.

Wrighty said when he played the best way to solve this issue is to make jokes out of it. If anyone in the clubhouse wants to hand Mane something, give it to Salah and make him pass it to him. 😂😂

Honestly the Salah/Mane thing was over as soon as they got to the locker room I heard. Personally I think Mane was more mad at getting subbed. Probably felt Salah should have been for not passing 😂

That is pretty funny though.
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2019

Fully felt you deserved the win. Germany’s gameplay early was to sit back and counter and it worked well, but Netherlands absolutely dominated that second half. Wijnaldum was dominant and great debut for Malen.

Still felt Blind had a very bad game and the penalty call against De Ligt was a joke.

The analysis was that Blind is valuable when he can provide direct passing forward, which is why he's more valuable on the axis of the pitch, than the left flank. The issue at hand is that no one else simply does a better job on left back: not Aké, not Van Aanholt, not Pieters. Maybe Sinkgraven, but he needs to regain fitness and form.

If I'm correct, hand ball now always is hand ball (no matter what the circumstances), but yeah - unlucky for De Ligt.

And Dest playing a friendly for USMST, which means he'd be eligible for the Dutch team still. What I have heard, Dutch FA and Dest are going to sit around the table, to ensure he opts for Netherlands. So, this US performance could still be a one off.
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero

The analysis was that Blind is valuable when he can provide direct passing forward, which is why he's more valuable on the axis of the pitch, than the left flank. The issue at hand is that no one else simply does a better job on left back: not Aké, not Van Aanholt, not Pieters. Maybe Sinkgraven, but he needs to regain fitness and form.

If I'm correct, hand ball now always is hand ball (no matter what the circumstances), but yeah - unlucky for De Ligt.

And Dest playing a friendly for USMST, which means he'd be eligible for the Dutch team still. What I have heard, Dutch FA and Dest are going to sit around the table, to ensure he opts for Netherlands. So, this US performance could still be a one off.

Dest is best to leave if he's serious about International play. I only see USA getting worse under this management. The talent pool is better now than it was 10 years ago but performance and results are worse.

Dest was turned inside out on Mexico's first goal when he was nutmegged that led to the assist but going forward he looked good.

I'm not big into international games but I do think it is embarrassing how bad USA is with all the players we have.

Josh Sargent is starting in the Bundesliga but we still have Zardes starting?! The favoritism to MLS players is killing USANT.
  • Alastair
    10139 posts Moderator
    Kyler Murray is amazing!!! :smiley:
  • Stlducks
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alastair wrote: »
    Kyler Murray is amazing!!! :smiley:

"Soccer is dumb, you can end in a tie" American soccer haters

"What a fun game, a tie was fair" NFL fans who also hate soccer. 😂

Was a fun game to watch. I thought it was going to be a long day for Murray after the first half but he turned it around big time.