FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    14885 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Crazy that this can happen to a club. What happens in the future? Can someone buy Bury and reestablish them? Or do they have to start at the very bottom and work all the way back up to league 2?

@Alastair would probably know best. Didn’t something similar happen to Hereford?
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crazy that this can happen to a club. What happens in the future? Can someone buy Bury and reestablish them? Or do they have to start at the very bottom and work all the way back up to league 2?

If they fold, probably an AFC Bury or Bury Athletic or something or other will be established at the lowest level. Same thing happened to Aldershot and Maidstone in the 90s.
  • JamieC
    831 posts Semi-Pro

They will have to work their way back up. Will most likely join the 9th tier or possibly 8th tier, as there will be a new northern league at my teams level (tier 8) starting next season.
  • Wyojasond
    A late bid came in for Bury. Dale evidently accepted it, just have to see if the EFL will
  • Wyojasond
    Bury out 😢

Bolton have 14 days to find a resolution or the same fate awaits them.
  • Alastair
    10231 posts Moderator
    What’s happened to Bury is disgraceful.

Football should have learnt after Chester. Football should have learnt after Darlington. Football should have learnt after Hereford. Surely football has to learn after Bury (and potentially Bolton).

As for what will happen now, the club will probably be liquidated due to having no income and still having expenditure. There is a small chance they could get taken over and then apply to join lower down the pyramid next season but it’s unlikely. Financially they’re now better forming a new club with no debt as they’ll probably play at the same level either way.

FA rules require a new club to drop at least 2 leagues from where they last played (National League). However, as both the 5th and 6th tiers are run by the same people (The National League), I expect they’ll drop into the National League North rather than the National League.

The NLN next season could be full of reformed/fallen FL clubs (Hereford, Chester, York, Kidderminster and Darlington are already in it for example). The potential additions of Bury and Bolton next season makes it more important than ever for us to get promoted this season.

As for what will happen to the promotions/relegations. 1 less relegation at each level until the one they slot back in at.
  • sviraman
    In other news, Ten Hag is a madman in the best sense of the word.
    Fairly rigid 4-2-3-1 off the ball, very fluid 2-4-4/2-5-3 on the ball. Two central defenders in midfield.
    I am not nearly smart enough to figure out why and how this is supposed to work, but I am extremely here to see it.
  • Wyojasond
    sviraman wrote: »
    In other news, Ten Hag is a madman in the best sense of the word.
    Fairly rigid 4-2-3-1 off the ball, very fluid 2-4-4/2-5-3 on the ball. Two central defenders in midfield.
    I am not nearly smart enough to figure out why and how this is supposed to work, but I am extremely here to see it.

😂 yeah it’s crazy to see. When I saw that lineup I couldn’t figure out what he was doing. It has worked well so far. Not a great game for Tadic so far though 😬
  • Wyojasond
    And nevermind about Tadic 😂
  • Wyojasond
    edited August 2019
    So with the Bury idea dead 😢 I’m debating on what kind of story to run now.

Debating on just taking over a league one team like Portsmouth (real stadium) and doing my own take on what’s been going on with Bury and Bolton.
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Stlducks
    3065 posts National Call-Up
    So with the Bury idea dead 😢 I’m debating on what kind of story to run now.

Debating on just taking over a league one team like Portsmouth (real stadium) and doing my own take on what’s been going on with Bury and Bolton.

A complete club takeover would be fun. A team like QPR that has a real stadium but also has had financial troubles. Portsmouth is appealing to because of their stadium. Another league 1 side would be Sunderland.
  • Ashy
    11943 posts Has That Special Something
    Lower English leagues you are looking at either Sunderland or Portsmouth with a real stadium unless you go to a Championship club
  • Wyojasond
    Sure you guys over seas have more options to watch, but just in case, Uefa.com is airing the live draw 😎
  • Stlducks
    vegiDap.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    vegiDap.jpg

Group F is ridiculous 😂 feel bad for Slavia Praha.

Group H will be exciting to watch. Honestly any of those teams could win and it wouldn’t be a surprise.

Liverpool was a bit boring, getting Napoli again but I’ll take it.
  • Stlducks
    No surprise in City getting another easy group.

Spurs have the easiest draw they have had in the four years they have made it. Their record against smaller teams concerns me though.

I think Ajax can win group H. They will improve as the season goes on and I think Chelsea will start declining once the PL schedule is more congested.

D and F will be the most exciting groups in my opinion.
  • Wyojasond
    No surprise in City getting another easy group.

Spurs have the easiest draw they have had in the four years they have made it. Their record against smaller teams concerns me though.

I think Ajax can win group H. They will improve as the season goes on and I think Chelsea will start declining once the PL schedule is more congested.

D and F will be the most exciting groups in my opinion.

I think if Chelsea can get a ST to start firing that they will improve a lot this year. They have so many potential starters out right now.
  • Danimal5981
    2505 posts Fans' Favourite
    Groups A, B, C and E are easy to predict.
    D, F, G, H are quite equal, I would see; room for some surprises.

Eager to see Barca, Inter and Dortmund in one group, that'll be fun.
    Group H is very equal it would seem; it all depends which club develops into a team the quickest.
    Ajax appears stable, very much where they were this time last year, so I see us advance for sure.
  • sviraman
    Bosz v Simeone is an interesting matchup.
  • Ashy
    Some interesting teams for my RB Leipzig story
    Zenit, Benfica, Lyon
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    Zenit, Benfica, Lyon

That’s such an unpredictable group too. Honestly was waiting for them to get drawn in group F. That would have been a bonkers group 😂
  • Ashy
    Zenit, Benfica, Lyon

That’s such an unpredictable group too. Honestly was waiting for them to get drawn in group F. That would have been a bonkers group 😂

Dortmund were already in that group so they couldn't haha and Lille couldn't get in group G because of Lyon so there were only one possibility in the end. Leipzig should finish 2nd maybe 1st Lyon will be the biggest threat
  • Wyojasond
    Zenit, Benfica, Lyon

Dortmund were already in that group so they couldn't haha and Lille couldn't get in group G because of Lyon so there were only one possibility in the end. Leipzig should finish 2nd maybe 1st Lyon will be the biggest threat

Oh duh 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️

Lyon always seem to show up in the group stages. Zenit and Benefica have enough quality mixed in that they can compete on any given day. Next to Group H, thus will be fun to follow as far as unpredictability in my opinion.
  • Ashy
    Seems like Zenit may not be in Fifa 20, shame that the group wont be as realistic as possible
  • Wyojasond
    This guy is gonna get get turned into so many memes and gifs this year 😂 to be fair, I probably would’ve done the same thing getting drawn in that group 😂

• Wyojasond
    Spurs and Arsenal both have so many bad players still that just drag them down.

Luiz & Xhaka. Sanchez & Rose...just to name a few

Hard to watch as a neutral at times, can’t imagine being a fan 😂
  • Stlducks
    edited September 2019

Spurs are not playing well at all (like usual under Povh the team starts the year poorly) but still a point at Arsenal and at City is not bad.

I fully expect Spurs to improve every week. Especially when players start getting healthy.

Harsh to call out Sanchez today. Filled in as an emergency RB against one of the best attackers in the league.

Can't believe Poch didn't bring Lucas on. Son had his way with Arsenal's defense and Lucas would have too with how slow they are all.

Really every team but City have at least two big weakness in the squad.
  • Wyojasond

Spurs are not playing well at all (like usual under Povh the team starts the year poorly) but still a point at Arsenal and at City is not bad.

I fully expect Spurs to improve every week. Especially when players start getting healthy.

Harsh to call out Sanchez today. Filled in as an emergency RB against one of the best attackers in the league.

Can't believe Poch didn't bring Lucas on. Son had his way with Arsenal's defense and Lucas would have too with how slow they are all.

Yeah really surprised Lucas wasn’t brought on.

How Xhaka stayed in that game too is beyond me. Couldn’t believe he didn’t get a YC for the penalty.

Game played out about as I expected. Both teams will be in the top 4 talk all year, but still have a lot of gaps to fill
  • Stlducks

Yeah really surprised Lucas wasn’t brought on.

How Xhaka stayed in that game too is beyond me. Couldn’t believe he didn’t get a YC for the penalty.

Game played out about as I expected. Both teams will be in the top 4 talk all year, but still have a lot of gaps to fill

After last week I expected an Arsenal win. Poch finally set his pride aside and played Vertoghen after a 3 week punishment over a training disagreement.

I'm liking how Lo Celso looks and he will only get better with more time. Eriksen looked better today too now that all the transfer business is on hold until January.

Spurs said if nothing was completed by end of Saturday, it won't happen.
  • Wyojasond
    edited September 2019
    So four games into the PL season as we head to the break, how is everyone feeling about the season so far. Here are a few of my takeaways.
    • City and Liverpool still so far ahead of everyone else. Players and managers just top of there game. That being said, I do think any top 6 game is still a bit of a tossup as Spurs showed against City.
    • De Bruyne player of the year so far, but Salah right there too. Both are a joy to watch right now.
    • Promoted teams showing they won’t be an easy game. Sheffield especially has impressed me with there toughness. Norwich’s defense will cost them ultimately and I’m not sold on Villa staying up at this point but they have more quality to prove me wrong.
    • Leicester the only team I think outside of the top 6 that can push for European spot. Everton, Wolves and Wham will be there, but won’t seriously challenge.
    • Out of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, and United for the last two spots I think Chelsea and Arsenal are gonna get it honestly. Arsenal’s attack will carry them through and you have to think the defense will improve 😂 Chelsea may be a surprise but I think they are a lot closer to breaking through than people give them credit. Obviously they need to clean up how horrible they have been in the second half of games (United too) but I think once they get back some injured players they are going to be an exciting team to watch. Especially if Abraham stays hot. Mount is a superstar in waiting in my eyes. (Hate saying that about a Chelsea player)
    • Ole and Poch could easily be out by January in my eyes. I don’t think they will be, but they both have way more work to do than the other top teams.