FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Danimal5981
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Stlducks In my opinion, Dest has already surpassed Mazraoui as Ajax' right wing back and no doubt he'll show it next week, given that Mazraoui is now suspended.

But if not this season, definitely the next: watch out for another American - Alex Mendez. USA U20 player, he's good, like: really good.

@Wyojasond yes, all cards were rightfully given. We have to go 7 years back when Ajax was last so aggressive.

It was a collective off-day and we have a puzzle to solve on midfield, clearly. The rest is a matter of accuracy, I believe. We've survived this storm and I'm positive at home it'll be doable to finish it and go Champions League.
  • sviraman
    97 posts Park Captain
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Was the ref card happy or were Ajax aggressive? 7 yellow cards in a match where you control 70+% of the ball is not very common.

This is what happens when the back line are not used to playing together in this setup yet and don't have individual quality to make up for that.
    (which may or may not have something to do with losing the best defender who, contrary to popular belief, is not in fact easily replaceable)
  • DB1512
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    For the next Fifa I have some options in mind to start a story.
    1. Starting at my favorite Dutch club, sc Heerenveen. Not many of you may know them but in the past we provided some worldclass players (mostly strikers) with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Danjiel Pranjic, but also other good players like Bas Dost, Alfred Finnbogasson and Afonso Alves earned big money transfers during their stay at Heerenveen. The last years it's a bit of a mess at the club, with a lot of new managers, trouble in the boardroom and declining financial possibilities. I will start with my own fictional manager and shall try to bring Heerenveen back to a regular Europa League player and build further to compete with Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord for the title.

2. With the Bundesliga licence a career in Germany will become more interesting, last year I did a Dortmund career and for the upcoming year Bayer Leverkusen seems fun. With Peter Bosz they have a Dutch manager who prefers an ultra attacking style of play and a very talented group of players with Bailey, Havertz, Demirbay and Tah. Within the Bundesliga the battle for the places behind Bayern and Dortmund is very open so it would be fun to build a team that can compete with these two giants.

I prefer to do a story with Heerenveen, but I wonder if you guys think it is interesting enough because you may barely know the club. Of course some history of the club will be covered in the story, the key-question I have is if you think the club is interesting enough.
  • Wyojasond
    11226 posts Has That Special Something
    DB1512 wrote: »
    For the next Fifa I have some options in mind to start a story.
    1. Starting at my favorite Dutch club, sc Heerenveen. Not many of you may know them but in the past we provided some worldclass players (mostly strikers) with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Danjiel Pranjic, but also other good players like Bas Dost, Alfred Finnbogasson and Afonso Alves earned big money transfers during their stay at Heerenveen. The last years it's a bit of a mess at the club, with a lot of new managers, trouble in the boardroom and declining financial possibilities. I will start with my own fictional manager and shall try to bring Heerenveen back to a regular Europa League player and build further to compete with Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord for the title.

2. With the Bundesliga licence a career in Germany will become more interesting, last year I did a Dortmund career and for the upcoming year Bayer Leverkusen seems fun. With Peter Bosz they have a Dutch manager who prefers an ultra attacking style of play and a very talented group of players with Bailey, Havertz, Demirbay and Tah. Within the Bundesliga the battle for the places behind Bayern and Dortmund is very open so it would be fun to build a team that can compete with these two giants.

I prefer to do a story with Heerenveen, but I wonder if you guys think it is interesting enough because you may barely know the club. Of course some history of the club will be covered in the story, the key-question I have is if you think the club is interesting enough.

Both great options. I get your worries about the Eredivise choice. Although I think we have enough knowledgeable fans in here that it would be fine. I ran one for a short time with Utrecht and it was a lot of fun.
  • sviraman
    97 posts Park Captain
    DB1512 wrote: »

Sure, it'll be fine. Exploring a lesser-known team and league has its own merits. Especially after Ajax's CL run, I'd guess people would be curious to know more about the Dutch league.
  • Wyojasond
    Planned on doing my story on Bury this year. Starting to wonder if they’ll be axed from the game soon though 😬

I would guess EA would just leave them in, but curious if this has ever happened before as relating to the game.
  • sviraman
    97 posts Park Captain
    Planned on doing my story on Bury this year. Starting to wonder if they’ll be axed from the game soon though 😬

I would guess EA would just leave them in, but curious if this has ever happened before as relating to the game.

Last year three teams went bankrupt in Serie B, and the league had 19 teams instead of 22, both in reality and in game. But that happened earlier, late July maybe.
    Reus Deportiu were expelled from Segunda in January, and the team was left in the game, filled with B team players.
    So seems like after the game's release they won't remove teams from the game, but if it is really close to the release date — who knows.
  • Wyojasond
    I might do a Bournemouth story if I decide to pass on Bury. They have a fun squad at the moment. Lots of former Liverpool players too 😂
  • Stlducks
    1438 posts Professional
    I might do a Bournemouth story if I decide to pass on Bury. They have a fun squad at the moment. Lots of former Liverpool players too 😂

I just want to game here so I can take out my Poch frustrations and just fire him! Lol. Today was typical Poch against a poor side. No excuses for what is going on at Spurs except for Poch's poor tactics and team selection.

I said at the start of the season I hope he leaves after this year and I still mean it. He's not the same Poch that came to Tottenham. He used to take pride in making players better but now he only wants to buy top players and complain to the media.
  • Wyojasond

I just want to game here so I can take out my Poch frustrations and just fire him! Lol. Today was typical Poch against a poor side. No excuses for what is going on at Spurs except for Poch's poor tactics and team selection.

I said at the start of the season I hope he leaves after this year and I still mean it. He's not the same Poch that came to Tottenham. He used to take pride in making players better but now he only wants to buy top players and complain to the media.

Today was so bad. The issues with Eriksen and Vertonghen are really hurting Spurs. Sanchez was a joke to watch 😂
  • Stlducks
    1438 posts Professional

Today was so bad. The issues with Eriksen and Vertonghen are really hurting Spurs. Sanchez was a joke to watch 😂

Issues with Vertoghen and Eriksen are on Poch. No reason Vertoghen should be on the bench. And if you plan to use Eriksen, start him. If you want want to use him then say he's out of the squad until his future is sorted. This back and forth just causes a distraction.

On Sanchez, he always struggles when playing on the left and as the last man back. He used to always play center of the back three or on the right and was good. But he looks lost this year on the left.

The biggest issue defensively this year has been Rose. He is playing the worst I have ever seen him and teams are noticing. Villa attacked him and so did Newcastle. I just pray he doesn't play next week against Arsenal and Davies plays instead.
  • Wyojasond

Issues with Vertoghen and Eriksen are on Poch. No reason Vertoghen should be on the bench. And if you plan to use Eriksen, start him. If you want want to use him then say he's out of the squad until his future is sorted. This back and forth just causes a distraction.

On Sanchez, he always struggles when playing on the left and as the last man back. He used to always play center of the back three or on the right and was good. But he looks lost this year on the left.

The biggest issue defensively this year has been Rose. He is playing the worst I have ever seen him and teams are noticing. Villa attacked him and so did Newcastle. I just pray he doesn't play next week against Arsenal and Davies plays instead.

Rose, Eriksen and Vertonghen all want out. Some fault comes back to Levy too (not as much as Poch) It’s great to keep a team together, but if that many players want out you should move them in my opinion.
  • sviraman
    97 posts Park Captain
    Yall don't deserve Poch :D
    After reaching the CL final with Llorente, Foyth and Wanyama, I'd say he earned the right to do whatever he wants and sign whoever he needs, for life.
  • Stlducks
    1438 posts Professional
    sviraman wrote: »
    After reaching the CL final with Llorente, Foyth and Wanyama, I'd say he earned the right to do whatever he wants and sign whoever he needs, for life.

Foyth and Wanyama had nothing to do with the UCL final? Or reaching it. And funny you mention them as they were both players Poch asked for.

When Poch arrived at Spurs he was great. But the end of 2017/18 and all of 2018/19 he has acted like a child in the media. Saying he has no control over anything (which is a lie) and saying the team needs to be brave while he refuses to adjust his tactics.

@Wyojasond can't blame Levy for no clubs bidding on Jan, Eriksen or Alderweireld. Aldy was available for £25m on a release clause and nobody bid on him. Vertoghen has never said he wanted to leave so no idea what is going on there.

And Rose is the same as Eriksen. Was available but nobody bid on either one. Watford tried for Rose in the final hour but Spurs said no since that didn't leave time for a replacement. But they left Rose out of the preseason squad letting him work on a move and nobody came.

I think Levy did a lot right this window after previous struggles (Ndombele, Sess and Lo Celso while also pushing for Dybala) it's Pochs turn to make them perform.
  • Wyojasond

Foyth and Wanyama had nothing to do with the UCL final? Or reaching it. And funny you mention them as they were both players Poch asked for.

When Poch arrived at Spurs he was great. But the end of 2017/18 and all of 2018/19 he has acted like a child in the media. Saying he has no control over anything (which is a lie) and saying the team needs to be brave while he refuses to adjust his tactics.

@Wyojasond can't blame Levy for no clubs bidding on Jan, Eriksen or Alderweireld. Aldy was available for £25m on a release clause and nobody bid on him. Vertoghen has never said he wanted to leave so no idea what is going on there.

And Rose is the same as Eriksen. Was available but nobody bid on either one. Watford tried for Rose in the final hour but Spurs said no since that didn't leave time for a replacement. But they left Rose out of the preseason squad letting him work on a move and nobody came.

I think Levy did a lot right this window after previous struggles (Ndombele, Sess and Lo Celso while also pushing for Dybala) it's Pochs turn to make them perform.

I still fully expected Eriksen to leave before the window closed to be honest. Still 10 days or so I guess.

Could’ve sworn that Rose had a few options but you know better than me so is what is. The Vertonghen issue seems to be the most concerning personally.

I did really like Spurs end to the window and Ndombele has looked great so far. Like I said earlier in another chat, “Spurs have enough up front that I’m not to worried about them making top 4. Kane, Son and Lucas should carry them through compared to the others chasing. However an injury from either of them and with how bad the defense has looked and as a fan I’d be worried.”

Walkers-Peters is young and may still come good, but I think he’s a bit out of his element so far. Gets bullied a bit too much. Needs some time to add some muscle I think.
  • sviraman
    97 posts Park Captain
    edited August 25

Wanyama started both semifinals. Foyth, yeah, my bad. The point is the squad was nowhere near CL final quality, and yet.
    And I don't understand blaming the coach for things that are not his job, like contracts and transfer situations.
  • Stlducks
    1438 posts Professional

I still fully expected Eriksen to leave before the window closed to be honest. Still 10 days or so I guess.

Could’ve sworn that Rose had a few options but you know better than me so is what is. The Vertonghen issue seems to be the most concerning personally.

I did really like Spurs end to the window and Ndombele has looked great so far. Like I said earlier in another chat, “Spurs have enough up front that I’m not to worried about them making top 4. Kane, Son and Lucas should carry them through compared to the others chasing. However an injury from either of them and with how bad the defense has looked and as a fan I’d be worried.”

Walkers-Peters is young and may still come good, but I think he’s a bit out of his element so far. Gets bullied a bit too much. Needs some time to add some muscle I think.

I agree. I'm not worried about top 4 and honestly, we talked about it last year but to me the league and FA cup are more exciting then CL so I'm not bothered by that. The run to the final was fun but it's not something that devastes me after a defeat.

KWP is very young and will only get better. Him and Sessegnon will be exciting to see develop along with the young midfielders and Foyth/Sanchez at CB.

Jan, Toby and Eriksen leaving shows a rebuild for Spurs. Unfortunately the last group couldn't win a trophy but they at least made Spurs a top 4 consistent team. Something they never were before. Hopefully the next group can get a trophy.
  • Stlducks
    1438 posts Professional
    edited August 25

Everyone but me! 😂 The UCL run overshadowed a lot of holes last season. Much like LFC the year they reached the final. The difference was LFC players were just beginning playing together and Spurs players are starting to look elsewhere.
  • Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner
    I'm starting to move towards a Nagelsmann focused story now, love his story and tactics after watching stuff on it
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    I'm starting to move towards a Nagelsmann focused story now, love his story and tactics after watching stuff on it

Great young manager. Love his tactics as well. Eager to see how he does with Leipzig this year. Did some great things with Hoffenheim.

He’ll be the manager at Bayern in the next 3 years I say.
  • Wyojasond
    Good start to the season for all of us honestly. I used my bench boost this weekend and that’s what currently has me top (only 9 points so an obvious mistake 🤷‍♂️)

SIjrIm4.png
  • Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner
    edited August 26

Great young manager. Love his tactics as well. Eager to see how he does with Leipzig this year. Did some great things with Hoffenheim.

He’ll be the manager at Bayern in the next 3 years I say.

If I go with it I'm not too sure if I'll go to Bayern because they don't have the stadium in game, I'll see what the generic one looks like but I think I'd want to spend 3 seasons at Leipzig then move to Arsenal for a long period (6-8 seasons) then go to a top club like Bayern/Barca/Madrid for a couple of seasons before finally taking the Germany job that's if I get that far
  • Danimal5981
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    @subpop beautiful Johan Cruyff statue and stadium, huh?
  • Wyojasond
    Looking like my Bury story isn’t gonna happen this year 😢

• Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner

I hear Bolton could be a good story :*
  • Wyojasond

Lol. Yeah things are looking rough there too. Although it sounds like they will have a few more weeks to potentially sort things out. Guess we’ll see. I have a few backup options.
  • Ashy
    9551 posts League Winner

Lol. Yeah things are looking rough there too. Although it sounds like they will have a few more weeks to potentially sort things out. Guess we’ll see. I have a few backup options.

I think it's less than that, deadline is similar to Bury I think. Crazy to think Bolton used to be a decent Premier League team, were only relegated 7 seasons ago and even made it to the UEFA CUP round of 16 less than 15 years ago...
  • Wyojasond

I think it's less than that, deadline is similar to Bury I think. Crazy to think Bolton used to be a decent Premier League team, were only relegated 7 seasons ago and even made it to the UEFA CUP round of 16 less than 15 years ago...

Story I saw yesterday is that because they have played a few games already this year, that they can apply for an extension potentially. Bury only has a few more hours.
  • Stlducks
    1438 posts Professional
    Crazy that this can happen to a club. What happens in the future? Can someone buy Bury and reestablish them? Or do they have to start at the very bottom and work all the way back up to league 2?