FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

  • sviraman
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    De Ligt is replaceable
    Again I have to wonder if you are joking. De Ligt at 19 is already an elite ball-winner and a smart ball-mover, an absolute unit and a mature and confident leader. That doesn't sound like someone who can be replaced.
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    sviraman wrote: »
    De Ligt is replaceable
    Again I have to wonder if you are joking. De Ligt at 19 is already an elite ball-winner and a smart ball-mover, an absolute unit and a mature and confident leader. That doesn't sound like someone who can be replaced.

    It's what Ajax do. Alderweireld, Vertoghen, Eriksen are just names from Tottenham who were easily replaced at Ajax.

    Half the hype around de Ligt is because he's from Ajax. He might turn into a flop for leaving too soon but since he's from Ajax people rate him much higher.

    It's a system that has worked for years with Ajax and with more money available for the academy, I think it only improves the system.
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    I fully agree that De Jong will be missed WAYYYYY more than De Ligt will be.

    De Ligt I think will take a couple of seasons to be the superstar everyone expects him to be at Juve. Both deserve the moves they made and I’m sure Ajax will have big superstars moving again in the next few years. I am excited to see how there new S. American defender does.
  • sviraman
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stlducks wrote: »
    It's what Ajax do. Alderweireld, Vertoghen, Eriksen are just names from Tottenham who were easily replaced at Ajax.
    Define replaced. I'd say the only one replaced without a noticeable loss in quality was Eriksen (by Klaassen and Schöne's combined efforts).
    Vertonghen's spot was taken by Moisander, who was 1) not as good and 2) already an experienced player, so doesn't fit the "we make stars" narrative.
    Toby was not properly replaced at all — after his departure there was a revolving cast of young defenders who never quite panned out, up until Sanchez and De Ligt showed up three years later.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    .
    It's a system that has worked for years with Ajax
    Again, define worked. I wouldn't count "reaching the CL knockouts only once in 15 years" as a system that works for a club as big as Ajax. Last year's success was in no small part due to for once having some quality players with experience.
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 15
    sviraman wrote: »
    De Ligt at 19 is already an elite ball-winner and a smart ball-mover, an absolute unit and a mature and confident leader. That doesn't sound like someone who can be replaced.

    At Ajax, the latter is more important (ball moving) and De Ligt's bought replacement (Martinez) as well as grown replacement (Schuurs) are just as capable.

    On top, you take the European performance. But nationally Ajax only conceded 22, 23, 21 and 28 goals between 2014 and 2017 prior to De Ligt's arrival. With him, it became 32 and 33. But we also scored way more goals because of the change in attacking approach under Peter Bosz. So, it cannot be put down to one single player. Which is why De Jong's role in Ajax championship season is far more important than De Ligt's

    The way Ajax play, that joint in the middle, the playmaker in front of defence is more key: that was De Jong in front of Blind and De Ligt. Now, it's Blind in front of Martinez and a third defender (rotating). That needs time, but it'll work just as well I'm sure. In that sense, De Ligt is way more dispensable than De Jong: not for the individual qualities of the player, but his role in the system Ajax traditionally plays.

    All beside the point: my main point stands that Ajax makes future stars, whether bought at an early age, or home grown from start to finish. There was a dip several years, but the current batch is superb. And U19 are on a fine level as well.
  • sviraman
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    At Ajax, the latter is more important (ball moving) and De Ligt's bought replacement (Martinez) as well as grown replacement (Schuurs) are just as capable.
    They both haven't proven themselves at Eredivisie level yet, so we can't really be sure, but they do show promise. Let's hope that promise is fulfulled.
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    :love:
    But I already ordered and I never buy hardcopy
    But it might mean they gave my fav team some extra attention
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Entire Bundesliga, save Allianz Arena of FC Bayern
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Entire Bundesliga, save Allianz Arena of FC Bayern

    Yep. Hopefully they have an ok fake one, but I’m sure it will be the standard default ones.
  • Ashy
    9569 posts League Winner
    Question for you guys, out of these 5 players who would you say would make a good manager in the future?
    • Lukas Podolski
    • David Villa
    • Bruno Soriano
    • Raúl García
    • Mario Suárez
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    Question for you guys, out of these 5 players who would you say would make a good manager in the future?
    • Lukas Podolski
    • David Villa
    • Bruno Soriano
    • Raúl García
    • Mario Suárez

    David Villa
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ashy wrote: »
    Question for you guys, out of these 5 players who would you say would make a good manager in the future?
    • Lukas Podolski
    • David Villa
    • Bruno Soriano
    • Raúl García
    • Mario Suárez

    Poldi.
    German/Polish,xp in England, a real world person, excellent for Premier League which is anything but English
  • Ashy
    9569 posts League Winner
    edited August 20
    Yeah I'm torn between these 2 you guys both picked, David Villa has the style, the Spanish flair about him that he could bring while Podolski has the Arsenal connection which is important, he could start out in the second tier of German football club and work his way up and with the Bundesliga licence this helps with my decision. But David Villa could do the same but in the Spanish league hmmm...
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    Podolski is a fan of Gornik Zabrze. Start there, move to German club, then get into Arsenal. There, you have your work cut out now :smile:
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Have to say, after watching some of the videos coming out with people having early access to FIFA 20 there are a lot of things to be excited about.
    • Gameplay looks slower, more realistic.
    • Pace will matter again but it won’t be overpowered.
    • Defenders are smarter. Tackles are strong again, but not as ridiculous as last year.
    • The press conferences are a very nice touch and seeing how it effects players and teams with your answers gives us a lot as CMS guys to play with.
    • Volta will be fun to play when you need a break from the normal. Hopefully it’s addition with all its tricks and twists will make it so that style isn’t so abused online 🤷‍♂️
    • Some nice changes again, but not quite there for me with CM mode. Too many small things still missing. (Loan to buy, position change, being a GM instead of a coach.)

    All in all I’m excited for the game next month and can’t wait to see the stories we all roll out.
  • Ashy
    9569 posts League Winner
    edited August 20
    Podolski is a fan of Gornik Zabrze. Start there, move to German club, then get into Arsenal. There, you have your work cut out now :smile:

    As realistic as that would be I think the job system on fifa 20 remains similar and it's quite hard to get a specific job especially in the Polish league considering I'm retiring as Podolski instead of just picking a club.

    My idea would be to fast forward a few months in, lets say start of December, Podolski had to retire earlier than expected due to a injury issue, (He's had a few bad ones over the last year or two) so he calls it quits at Vissel Kobe and moves into coaching, he joins Koln as a member of the coaching staff while working on his badges.

    By December where the story official starts he's already been fast tracked to assistant manager. We follow Koln for the remainder of the first year and after the first season he becomes manager of Koln and we go from there.

    I prefer to play in licenced leagues with as many real stadiums and scanned players as possible so this is my idea, maybe 3/4 seasons later after impressing in the Bundesliga he gets the move to Arsenal
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »
    Podolski is a fan of Gornik Zabrze. Start there, move to German club, then get into Arsenal. There, you have your work cut out now :smile:

    As realistic as that would be I think the job system on fifa 20 remains similar and it's quite hard to get a specific job especially in the Polish league considering I'm retiring as Podolski instead of just picking a club.

    My idea would be to fast forward a few months in, lets say start of December, Podolski had to retire earlier than expected due to a injury issue, (He's had a few bad ones over the last year or two) so he calls it quits at Vissel Kobe and moves into coaching, he joins Koln as a member of the coaching staff while working on his badges.

    By December where the story official starts he's already been fast tracked to assistant manager. We follow Koln for the remainder of the first year and after the first season he becomes manager of Koln and we go from there.

    I prefer to play in licenced leagues with as many real stadiums and scanned players as possible so this is my idea, maybe 3/4 seasons later after impressing in the Bundesliga he gets the move to Arsenal

    So if you start as a player career then retire, the scanned player is now the manager? I did not know that was possible.
  • sviraman
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd be more excited for zero new features, but getting all the bugs and glitches and stupid things fixed.

    Like how you can't make an eastern european super league in Poland bc CL/EL qualification is a mess and crashes the game if you swap teams.
    Or how budget allocation doesn't work properly and so you get ridiculous amounts of wage money in the last weeks of the season (this bug is four years old).
    Or how the other leagues' tables don't show the champions/relegation rounds.
    Or how AI transfers are just a load of random nonsense and every big team by season six has like 4 world-class goalkeepers and one 65-rated striker or 12 wingers and no right fullbacks or some such, and every medium-sized team always loans out their best players to Köln, Guingamp and Las Palmas.
    Or how transfer history is the worst designed menu in the history of fifas and menus: three items per screen, only displays like 50 items at a time out of maybe two or three hundred, and not searchable at that.
    Or how when a player is transferred out of the league he disappears from statistics.
    Speaking of statistics, what even is that.
    Or how the players' current wages don't matter at all in contract negotiations, and everyone is always happy to take a pay cut.
    Or how there are three different kinds of player info screens and flipping through pages uses different buttons in each one (and they're adding another one this year, it seems)

    But instead we're getting manager barbershop simulator, yay
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Podolski is a fan of Gornik Zabrze. Start there, move to German club, then get into Arsenal. There, you have your work cut out now :smile:

    As realistic as that would be I think the job system on fifa 20 remains similar and it's quite hard to get a specific job especially in the Polish league considering I'm retiring as Podolski instead of just picking a club.

    My idea would be to fast forward a few months in, lets say start of December, Podolski had to retire earlier than expected due to a injury issue, (He's had a few bad ones over the last year or two) so he calls it quits at Vissel Kobe and moves into coaching, he joins Koln as a member of the coaching staff while working on his badges.

    By December where the story official starts he's already been fast tracked to assistant manager. We follow Koln for the remainder of the first year and after the first season he becomes manager of Koln and we go from there.

    I prefer to play in licenced leagues with as many real stadiums and scanned players as possible so this is my idea, maybe 3/4 seasons later after impressing in the Bundesliga he gets the move to Arsenal

    So if you start as a player career then retire, the scanned player is now the manager? I did not know that was possible.

    There’s an option for when choosing your manager for an imported face option as well 😉
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    sviraman wrote: »
    I'd be more excited for zero new features, but getting all the bugs and glitches and stupid things fixed.

    Like how you can't make an eastern european super league in Poland bc CL/EL qualification is a mess and crashes the game if you swap teams.
    Or how budget allocation doesn't work properly and so you get ridiculous amounts of wage money in the last weeks of the season (this bug is four years old).
    Or how the other leagues' tables don't show the champions/relegation rounds.
    Or how AI transfers are just a load of random nonsense and every big team by season six has like 4 world-class goalkeepers and one 65-rated striker or 12 wingers and no right fullbacks or some such, and every medium-sized team always loans out their best players to Köln, Guingamp and Las Palmas.
    Or how transfer history is the worst designed menu in the history of fifas and menus: three items per screen, only displays like 50 items at a time out of maybe two or three hundred, and not searchable at that.
    Or how when a player is transferred out of the league he disappears from statistics.
    Speaking of statistics, what even is that.
    Or how the players' current wages don't matter at all in contract negotiations, and everyone is always happy to take a pay cut.
    Or how there are three different kinds of player info screens and flipping through pages uses different buttons in each one (and they're adding another one this year, it seems)

    But instead we're getting manager barbershop simulator, yay

    I’ve given up all hope any of these will be resolved with this system. The new consoles I think will provide them the options to fix and add a lot of things you’ve mentioned and seeing as how they are always talking about how they are working on games 3-4 years in the future already, I feel pretty confident they could care less about the next few games and are just focusing on the new systems.....

    At the end of the day, most people are gonna buy it regardless so can’t blame them from a business standpoint 🤷‍♂️
  • sviraman
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’ve given up all hope any of these will be resolved with this system. The new consoles I think will provide them the options to fix and add a lot of things you’ve mentioned and seeing as how they are always talking about how they are working on games 3-4 years in the future already, I feel pretty confident they could care less about the next few games and are just focusing on the new systems.....

    At the end of the day, most people are gonna buy it regardless so can’t blame them from a business standpoint 🤷‍♂️

    It's just that most of these things are easily fixable. Like, swapping teams around was fine last year. Transfer AI was fine five years ago. Transfer history menu was perfect ten years ago. A lot of things used to be fine, then got broken and no one bothered to fix it.
  • Ashy
    9569 posts League Winner
    Not sure how imported faces work, I think it's something like it will import a face you did when creating a player or your pro club character, nothing to do with gameface like we had before
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    You watching the Ajax/Apoel game @Danimal5981?
  • Danimal5981
    2172 posts Fans' Favourite
    You watching the Ajax/Apoel game @Danimal5981?

    @Wyojasond unfortunately I did. But it does confirm what I said earlier. Defense is still tough, midfield was nowhere (as in: we miss midfielder De Jong more than defender De Ligt)
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    You watching the Ajax/Apoel game @Danimal5981?

    @Wyojasond unfortunately I did. But it does confirm what I said earlier. Defense is still tough, midfield was nowhere (as in: we miss midfielder De Jong more than defender De Ligt)

    Yeah that was tough to watch 😬
  • Ashy
    9569 posts League Winner
    Crazy how one u23 year old can make so much difference in the team, Barca got a bargain
  • Stlducks
    1444 posts Professional
    Was the ref card happy or were Ajax aggressive? 7 yellow cards in a match where you control 70+% of the ball is not very common.

    @danimal5981 what do you think of Sergino Dest? Not a lot of talk about him in the states but 18 years old and playing for Ajax, I'm hoping he grows into a player that can help USA.
  • Wyojasond
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Was the ref card happy or were Ajax aggressive? 7 yellow cards in a match where you control 70+% of the ball is not very common.

    @danimal5981 what do you think of Sergino Dest? Not a lot of talk about him in the states but 18 years old and playing for Ajax, I'm hoping he grows into a player that can help USA.

    I only watched the first half but I thought all the yellows were justified and I can’t stand that ref 😂

    Apoel caught them out a few times and Ajax had little choice but to foul 🤷‍♂️
Sign In or Register to comment.