FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Stlducks wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    The Dybala deal was almost completed, then it was cancelled, and now it's looks like it could happen again.

And now off again. His image rights really made the move impossible. I'm impressed Spurs were making his wages work but couldn't get past the large image right fee.

Sessegnon is finally a Spur! I've been making that transfer in FIFA the past 2 years, glad it finally happened.

Rose looks to be on his way out now too.

Very good day so far.

Hope Sessegnon can kick on. Will be interesting to see where his head is after such a horrible season with Fulham. Lo Celso should be done soon too. Solid work from Spurs. They are back in my top 4 now 😂

Should always be in your top 3!!

Very happy with this window, first time in a while I can say that. People will point at RB as the main issue but I'm excited for KWP and Foyth once he comes back.

1. Spurs finally sign Sessegnon. ✅
    2. Ajax keep everyone they have now despite recent rumors with United and Madrid
    3. Arsenal add Tierney but not a CB✅❎
    4. Liverpool and City do nothing❎
    5. Pogba stays at United
    6. Spurs sign an Eriksen replacement (Lo Celso or Bruno) and Eriksen leaves on a free next summer. Latest report today is he turned down another contract offer from Spurs.✅
    7. Neymar stays at PSG
    8. Barca loan Phil Coutinho to Leicester...thats right. Leicester.
    9. Chelsea still have a ban 😂✅
  • Wyojasond
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    dannyboy wrote: »
    The Dybala deal was almost completed, then it was cancelled, and now it's looks like it could happen again.

And now off again. His image rights really made the move impossible. I'm impressed Spurs were making his wages work but couldn't get past the large image right fee.

Sessegnon is finally a Spur! I've been making that transfer in FIFA the past 2 years, glad it finally happened.

Rose looks to be on his way out now too.

Very good day so far.

Hope Sessegnon can kick on. Will be interesting to see where his head is after such a horrible season with Fulham. Lo Celso should be done soon too. Solid work from Spurs. They are back in my top 4 now 😂

Should always be in your top 3!!

Very happy with this window, first time in a while I can say that. People will point at RB as the main issue but I'm excited for KWP and Foyth once he comes back.

1. Spurs finally sign Sessegnon. ✅
    2. Ajax keep everyone they have now despite recent rumors with United and Madrid
    3. Arsenal add Tierney but not a CB✅❎
    4. Liverpool and City do nothing❎
    5. Pogba stays at United
    6. Spurs sign an Eriksen replacement (Lo Celso or Bruno) and Eriksen leaves on a free next summer. Latest report today is he turned down another contract offer from Spurs.✅
    7. Neymar stays at PSG
    8. Barca loan Phil Coutinho to Leicester...thats right. Leicester.
    9. Chelsea still have a ban 😂✅

I was almost right about them missing top 4 last year 😉 I think you still might move Eriksen on personally. Atletico and Real will be around heavily for the next few weeks.

Spurs can challenge Liverpool for that second spot I’d say but need to prove they have the right depth. Just too many injuries the last few seasons (especially Kane) and players like Alli and Lucas seem to be trending down.
  • Wyojasond
    Got a BETA code 😎

giphy.gif
  • Wyojasond
    Think I found a story I can get behind for the new season. Not sure how much anyone has paid attention to the issues going on with Bolton and Bury, but both teams are on the edge of collapse.

Think I’m gonna take control of Bury from a takeover standpoint, and build off the academy idea I had a few pages back. Maybe no signings for a few years. Did a small test run on 19 the last few days and should be a solid challenge.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Think I found a story I can get behind for the new season. Not sure how much anyone has paid attention to the issues going on with Bolton and Bury, but both teams are on the edge of collapse.

Think I’m gonna take control of Bury from a takeover standpoint, and build off the academy idea I had a few pages back. Maybe no signings for a few years. Did a small test run on 19 the last few days and should be a solid challenge.

I thought of that being a good story idea for someone. Crazy they can be kicked out in 2 weeks if they don't come up with the necessary funds.

I decided to go with Tottenham as my career idea to start. One because I can add more detail to the club I know and two because they have some big future issues to address with the fullbacks, Lloris and both CBs. Then the Eriksen issue to work around.
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    Arsenal for me, its the only club I think I can be motivated to do long term
  • Wyojasond

I thought of that being a good story idea for someone. Crazy they can be kicked out in 2 weeks if they don't come up with the necessary funds.

I decided to go with Tottenham as my career idea to start. One because I can add more detail to the club I know and two because they have some big future issues to address with the fullbacks, Lloris and both CBs. Then the Eriksen issue to work around.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Arsenal for me, its the only club I think I can be motivated to do long term

Spurs and Arsenal have some good story lines this year. Spurs have a chance to do a Liverpool this year if they can stay healthy I think. There aging defense and Eriksen wanting out do worry me though.

Arsenal are the most revamped squad in the PL so lots to go off of. Luiz better play a huge part though 😂😂
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 10
    It seems FIFA 20 is tweaking the career mode a bit: this is from the EA Dev Blog:
    "Our vision was to breathe new life into the Manager Career experience by ... [building] a variation of ever-changing stories that would surface to our players through pre- and post-match press conferences and player conversations.

That manifests itself in dynamic interviews with journalists both before and after big matches, with the journalists asking different questions "depending highly on the outcome, goals scored, opponent, time of season or stage of competition, and more."

Similarly, managers can converse with players one-on-one through a "messaging app-like interface," EA said. "The manager will have to deal with a variety of requests from players as well as happy or disgruntled players that are trying to get their thoughts across. The manager will have to find ways, either through direct actions or by communicating his/her stance in order to mitigate and solve these situations."

Together, the two features contribute to a player's morale, a system which has been revamped for FIFA 20. As well as conferences and one-on-ones, player morale is affected by playing time, wages, and both individual and team performances. High morale boosts players' attributes, so picking the right answers and playing the right players are important considerations.

The final big new feature is dynamic player potential, whereby young stars' potential overall rating will change depending on their performances. If, for example, a young striker is banging in the goals in his debut season, his potential peak rating will increase; similarly, an ageing player who's still keeping up with modern football will see his stats drop off at a slower-than-expected rate.

FIFA 20: Career Mode Spot Fixes And Balance Changes
    General Improvements
    Added an option in the player actions pop-up to add a player to the shortlist and immediately go to the transfer hub with the respective player.
    Redesigned Team Management layout to allow for easier player attribute comparison.
    Added an option to disable international management job offers at the start of a new career.
    Increased the initial Composure attribute values for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth.
    Improved distribution of ethnicity within a country when generating youth players.
    Significantly increased the initial amounts for wage budget allocation.
    Increased the player value of defensive players based on the latest transfer market activity.
    Fixed multiple issues with leagues that split into play-offs after the end of the regular season.
    League objectives are now correctly tracking the play-off instead of the regular season standings. Champions celebrations are triggered at the end of the play-offs.
    Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn't using their prime starting XI in important matches.
    Re-adjusted the number of saves to eight, inside Career Mode, to address the feedback received from our players during the '19 cycle.
    Competition Changes
    Fixed multiple fixture congestion issues. The winter break roll-out this season, as well as the removal of the FA Cup 5th Round Replay, have improved fixture congestion issues in English leagues. We've slightly altered the authentic schedule of the English Championship by pushing its completion to a later date. This ensures that schedule conflict situations between Championship rounds and European football nights aren't possible. A lot of the congestion issues reported by the community were happening with mid-week league rounds happening at the same time as European football, which, although unlikely in the real world, is a common occurrence in Career Mode.
    Added the new format and schedule of the Spanish Supercup.
    Added support to round down the points in leagues that split into play-offs and halve the points such as the Austrian Bundesliga.
    Updated usage of the fourth substitute in extra time to all competitions that support this new law of the game.

Elsewhere, Career Mode contains a number of smaller tweaks and updates on the current iteration. These include:

Improved manager customization, utilizing the new character creation tool seen in Volta and across FIFA 20--this means you can create female managers for the first time in FIFA.
    Rebranded user interfaces particular to the Premier League, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga, and the MLS.
    New news screenshots and updates
    Two new environments for dynamic negotiation cutscenes to take place in: the restaurant and the rooftop lounge.
  • Danimal5981
    So, in short: much more managing to do, which is great for the longevity of the game. Not simply buy players or get those with high potential rates; you now get influence on development rates. If -like me- you want to emulate an Ajax career with loads of talent management, this is great stuff.
  • Wyojasond
    I think everyone is going to enjoy the CM options for FIFA 20 😉
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    As long as the new features work, this should be one of the best FIFA's in terms of CM in a long time. I just hate that the game is released a month after the season starts, I'm anxious to get started.
  • Wyojasond
    As long as the new features work, this should be one of the best FIFA's in terms of CM in a long time. I just hate that the game is released a month after the season starts, I'm anxious to get started.

If other leagues would close there transfer window early like the PL we could probably get the game sooner 😂
  • Wyojasond
    The dynamic player potential is easily the biggest addition they have added in awhile. So many players I’ve brought through the ranks that never grow despite banging 20+ goals because they fit my system perfectly.

Very eager to see how this will go with the CPU teams though too. Hope they have found a nice balance. Should add some nice changes to the obvious transfers we generally see 😎
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    edited August 10
    I've heard the dynamic player potential only affects your own players not players from other teams until you actually buy them
  • Wyojasond
    I've heard the dynamic player potential only affects your own players not players from other teams until you actually buy them

Makes sense. Next thing they really need to work on is stat tracking for other leagues. Would be nice to see what loan players have done and how other leagues have played out.
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    Stat tracking other leagues and a historic tracking of your own club, would be cool to see how many goals Lacazette is off a club legend like Henry for example. Appearances stuff like that. Something for the future I hope especially with more power of the PS5 handling much more data and stuff
  • Wyojasond
    Stat tracking other leagues and a historic tracking of your own club, would be cool to see how many goals Lacazette is off a club legend like Henry for example. Appearances stuff like that. Something for the future I hope especially with more power of the PS5 handling much more data and stuff

Hopefully. Other than that, very pleased with the steps being made this year. Getting closer to a game we all want for CM 😎
  • Wyojasond
    @Alastair this showed up in my Liverpool thread on B/R today 😂😂😂

• Alastair
    9986 posts Moderator
    @Alastair this showed up in my Liverpool thread on B/R today 😂😂😂

How’s that’s related too Liverpool? :joy:

So glad he’s gone. 3 games of the season was far too late. Hopefully we can get someone decent in now.
  • Danimal5981
    Lol, Max Wöber in January from Ajax to Sevilla for € 11 mln,
    now 7 months later from Sevilla to RB Salzburg for € 12 mln
  • Danimal5981
    "Jan Vertonghen (Spurs) spotted in Ajax' Johan Cruijff Arena"
    All due respect, a class player; but we've bought Edson Alvarez, Lisandro Martinez, Kik Pierie and Lisandro Magallan in the last six months and still have Daley Blind, Joel Veltman, Perr Schuurs and Nico Tagliafico walking around there. It's getting too crowded in defence at Ajax if this legend would return.
  • Wyojasond
    "Jan Vertonghen (Spurs) spotted in Ajax' Johan Cruijff Arena"
    All due respect, a class player; but we've bought Edson Alvarez, Lisandro Martinez, Kik Pierie and Lisandro Magallan in the last six months and still have Daley Blind, Joel Veltman, Perr Schuurs and Nico Tagliafico walking around there. It's getting too crowded in defence at Ajax if this legend would return.

How has your defense looked so far? Its early but seems like a lot of the guys in the Eredivise chat have been going on about how bad the backline has looked in recent games.
  • Danimal5981
    edited August 13
    How has your defense looked so far?

Ajax never plays to keep a null: we attack. As long as we score goals, more than the opponent, we win.
    But that's always been the case. Look at the previous super season: we kept the null only three times in 18 European games (AEK and Benfica at home, Spurs away), but neither Standard Liege, Dynamo Kyiv, Bayern, Benfica, Real Madrid or Juventus had the better of us. This season we played PSV 2-0, Vitesse away 2-2, PAOK away 2-2, Emmen home 5-0

So, why add a defender to an already complete defense, which is able to play forward?

• Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    I would be very surprised if Jan left this window. That would come out of nowhere and would really hurt Spurs this season. Toby is expected but Jan would be a surprise.
  • sviraman
    68 posts Park Captain
    So, why add a defender to an already complete defense, which is able to play forward?
    Is this a legit question? Why add a world class defender to a team that has zero world-class defenders?
  • Danimal5981
    sviraman wrote: »
    Is this a legit question? Why add a world class defender to a team that has zero world-class defenders?

We never have them, we make them. As with Vertonghen; we made him.

So yes, the question is legit. Because the acquisition of a top-defender would stand in the way of the creation of a new one. And that new one is Lisandro Martinez, which every top league team is going to crave for in about 11 months time. Mark my words.
  • sviraman
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited August 14
    sviraman wrote: »

We never have them, we make them. As with Vertonghen; we made him.

So yes, the question is legit. Because the acquisition of a top-defender would stand in the way of the creation of a new one. And that new one is Lisandro Martinez, which every top league team is going to crave for in about 11 months time. Mark my words.

Never having good players is just not a sustainable way of operating in modern football. Young prospects are exciting, but they don't always pan out, and a team needs some quality beside that. Ajax seem to realize it, what with Tadic and Blind and Promes arriving lately. If Martinez is indeed that good, he will be fine, with or without Vertonghen.
    (Tottenham won't let him go anyway after the transfer window is already shut, so it's a pointless discussion really)
  • Ashy
    9208 posts League Winner
    If Ajax want to do things in Europe again they may need someone like Jan, De Jong will be the biggest miss though.
  • dannyboy
    12796 posts Has That Special Something
    They've been a selling club for ages, last season was just an anomaly.
  • Danimal5981
    If Ajax want to do things in Europe again they may need someone like Jan, De Jong will be the biggest miss though.

Correct. We're figuring that out already. De Ligt is replaceable and one could argue that his move abroad came too soon (or that he picked a wrong club/league).

But our midfield is not running smoothly without Frenkie de Jong and Lasse Schøne. Razvan Marin is not convincing me yet, Donny van de Beek might still leave.

On the bright side, we are in pole position to sign on Dani Olmo from Dinamo Zagreb.