FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    1. Would be good but could get boring fast, Liverpool are European champs already and their starting 11 doesn't need much improving apart from a CB and a midfielder.

2. Dont like the idea of this personally I prefer realistic stories.

3. Same as above

4. I like this idea but it's up to you to find a team you can motivate yourself to do this with for me I'd want to keep my best players as much as possible rather than selling, a club aiming for trophies rather than profit

5. The best idea although I'd like to see you sim it 2 seasons, let's say you manage Leeds United or Bilbao. During these 2 season do a summary of how it came to be all the stars were sold and the club shifted focus to the academy, 2 years also allows you to get a good chunk of academy players ready to be promoted
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Predictions for the final week of the transfer window?

My guesses;
    1. Spurs finally sign Sessegnon.
    2. Ajax keep everyone they have now despite recent rumors with United and Madrid
    3. Arsenal add Tierney but not a CB
    4. Liverpool and City do nothing
    5. Pogba stays at United
    6. Spurs sign an Eriksen replacement (Lo Celso or Bruno) and Eriksen leaves on a free next summer. Latest report today is he turned down another contract offer from Spurs.
    7. Neymar stays at PSG
    8. Barca loan Phil Coutinho to Leicester...thats right. Leicester.
    9. Chelsea still have a ban 😂
  • Wyojasond
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Stlducks wrote: »

My guesses;
    2. Ajax keep everyone they have now despite recent rumors with United and Madrid
    5. Pogba stays at United
    6. Spurs sign an Eriksen replacement (Lo Celso or Bruno) and Eriksen leaves on a free next summer. Latest report today is he turned down another contract offer from Spurs.
    7. Neymar stays at PSG
    1. Feeling 50/50 on this one currently. Can easily see him staying now, which is shocking. Remember when he was being linked with 90m moves to PSG 😬
    2. Agree
    3. Agree
    4. Have a feeling City get Cancelo in the end. Still holding out hope that Liverpool are dragging out a deal til the last day 😂
    5. Agree, and what a **** show that will be. 😂😂😂
    6. I think Bruno is gonna happen, which scares me. He adds so much to Spurs. Could see Levy potentially moving Eriksen after the PL window closes still if that happens.
    7. Agree, and another **** show 😂🤦‍♂️
    8. THAT WOULD BE NUTS!
    9. 😂😂😂
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional

My guesses;
    5. Pogba stays at United
    7. Neymar stays at PSG
    1. Feeling 50/50 on this one currently. Can easily see him staying now, which is shocking. Remember when he was being linked with 90m moves to PSG 😬
    2. Agree
    3. Agree
    4. Have a feeling City get Cancelo in the end. Still holding out hope that Liverpool are dragging out a deal til the last day 😂
    5. Agree, and what a **** show that will be. 😂😂😂
    6. I think Bruno is gonna happen, which scares me. He adds so much to Spurs. Could see Levy potentially moving Eriksen after the PL window closes still if that happens.
    7. Agree, and another **** show 😂🤦‍♂️
    8. THAT WOULD BE NUTS!
    9. 😂😂😂

Only reason I'm hopeful on Sessegnon this time is because he can leave on a free in the summer. That might force Fulham to sell finally.
  • Alastair
    9986 posts Moderator
    FGR or Salford are definitely not ‘rags’. Using them would be a ‘riches to riches’ story.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Alastair wrote: »
    FGR or Salford are definitely not ‘rags’. Using them would be a ‘riches to riches’ story.

In real life maybe but in FIFA FGR do not have money. Not sure how they will treat Salford in next years game.

I used those two as examples because they are newer to league 2 then other teams.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Ajax down 2-1 with a half hour left on ESPN plus for those in the states.
  • Danimal5981
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite

Unfortunately that ended 2-2.

And there's a snowball effect creating, now that Lasse Schøne's (33) transfer to Genoa has been confirmed.
    Donny van de Beek is set to go to Real Madrid for € 65,000,000,-
    Hakim Ziyech inching closer to Bayern Munich for some €40,000,000,-
    Which would vaporize last season's midfield...

In return, there are rumours of signing Davy Pröpper (Brighton), Ritsu Doan (Groningen) or bringing back Davy Klaassen (W. Bremen).

• Wyojasond

Unfortunately that ended 2-2.

And there's a snowball effect creating, now that Lasse Schøne's (33) transfer to Genoa has been confirmed.
    Donny van de Beek is set to go to Real Madrid for € 65,000,000,-
    Hakim Ziyech inching closer to Bayern Munich for some €40,000,000,-
    Which would vaporize last season's midfield...

In return, there are rumours of signing Davy Pröpper (Brighton), Ritsu Doan (Groningen) or bringing back Davy Klaassen (W. Bremen).

Hadn’t heard the Ziyech rumor 😮 Doan would be a solid signing.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    @Danimal5981 when does the window close for Ajax? With that much money coming in they can purchase a few new midfielders until the next academy group is ready to come in.
  • Danimal5981
    @Danimal5981 when does the window close for Ajax? With that much money coming in they can purchase a few new midfielders until the next academy group is ready to come in.

For us Deadline Day is August 31. But I'm not expecting lots of signings. Maybe someone with an Ajax-background like Davy Klaassen, but otherwise I expect that Ajax will fill it up with a new batch of talents, as we traditionally often do.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional

For us Deadline Day is August 31. But I'm not expecting lots of signings. Maybe someone with an Ajax-background like Davy Klaassen, but otherwise I expect that Ajax will fill it up with a new batch of talents, as we traditionally often do.

Jan Vertoghen has 1 year left and has often said he would love to return to Ajax. Would you be in favor of signing him next summer?
  • Wyojasond
    Such an odd deal 😂 Know a player/manager used to be pretty regular back in the day. Can’t really remember a team like Derby (size wise) doing something like this in the last 10-15 years though.

• Danimal5981
    Jan Vertoghen has 1 year left and has often said he would love to return to Ajax. Would you be in favor of signing him next summer?

Of course! Because you can nurture and develop your own talent, but experience is something that needs to be acquired: preferably someone with Ajax-DNA. Vertonghen, Alderweireld, sure!
  • Wyojasond
    Oh to be a Spurs and Arsenal fan today 😂💵💵💵💵
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional

I just stopped paying attention to anything. One minute a deal is done and the next it is miles apart. I can't wait for Thursday to come and end.

Spurs will be linked to everyone and sign no-one most likely.
  • Wyojasond

I just stopped paying attention to anything. One minute a deal is done and the next it is miles apart. I can't wait for Thursday to come and end.

Today is one of the craziest days I can ever remember 😂 Arsenal had Coutinho, then they said they weren’t interested. Then Spurs were in the drivers seat, only to then launch a crazy bid for Dybala, which Juve accepted 😂 And now United want Eriksen. What a cluster.

Should be a fun few days 🤦‍♂️
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional

Today is one of the craziest days I can ever remember 😂 Arsenal had Coutinho, then they said they weren’t interested. Then Spurs were in the drivers seat, only to then launch a crazy bid for Dybala, which Juve accepted 😂 And now United want Eriksen. What a cluster.

Eriksen has Spurs in a position they can't win. He refuses to go anywhere but Spain, nobody in Spain are after him. He has rejected multiple contract extensions, the latest over £200k a week and does not seem willing to resign.

I hate to lose him on a free but nothing Spurs can really do unless Madrid or Barca make an offer today.

Dybala, Couthino, Bruno and Lo Celso all have the same rumors. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened.

If Spurs start the season with the squad they have right now, I wouldn't be upset. Still an upgrade over last season adding Ndombele.
  • Wyojasond

Eriksen has Spurs in a position they can't win. He refuses to go anywhere but Spain, nobody in Spain are after him. He has rejected multiple contract extensions, the latest over £200k a week and does not seem willing to resign.

I hate to lose him on a free but nothing Spurs can really do unless Madrid or Barca make an offer today.

Dybala, Couthino, Bruno and Lo Celso all have the same rumors. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happened.

If Spurs start the season with the squad they have right now, I wouldn't be upset. Still an upgrade over last season adding Ndombele.

Looks like you guys are back in for Lo Celso now more than anyone else. I don’t think Dybala wants to come to England, and his image rights are a big obstacle.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional

Looks like you guys are back in for Lo Celso now more than anyone else. I don’t think Dybala wants to come to England, and his image rights are a big obstacle.

Yea a few reliable (as reliable as a reporter can be) Spurs reporters are saying Couthino was a smokescreen like Ceballos was for Ndombele and Spurs never made official bids.

Lo Celso is the only one sounding promising this morning.
  • sviraman
    63 posts Park Captain
    edited August 7
    I heard some talk on twitter that Lo Celso is practically in the bag, as there's no one else in for Lo Celso and Betis want to sell, so Coutinho and Bruno rumours are just Levy baiting to drive down the price.
  • Wyojasond
    Beta codes get sent out tomorrow. Good luck to everyone in the US and UK. Curious to see if I get one. Sounds like most people say you get it for 3 years and then the chances are pretty slim. I’ve gotten the last 3 😂
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 7
    *Sees FIFA 20 CM news*

Me: https://imgur.com/a/AZyU7oZ

**** hell it looks like EA are trying!
  • Wyojasond
    edited August 7
    JamieC wrote: »
    *Sees FIFA 20 CM news*

Me: AZyU7oZ

**** hell it looks like EA are trying!

I can’t see anything 😂

Edit....reading the news now 😮
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    Very good news, could have done more but tbh there is so much to be done they cant do it all at once. Very excited
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »
    Very good news, could have done more but tbh there is so much to be done they cant do it all at once. Very excited

Agreed, the small amount I’ve seen easily makes me the most excited I’ve been in a couple of years.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Very excited about the CM news. Press conferences, player interaction, player morale and smarter AI lineup logic are great areas to improve.

I also like the presentation changes and the new custom avatar. Doesn't add anything on the pitch but it will keep the game feeling fresh.
  • dannyboy
    12795 posts Has That Special Something
    The Dybala deal was almost completed, then it was cancelled, and now it's looks like it could happen again.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    dannyboy wrote: »
    The Dybala deal was almost completed, then it was cancelled, and now it's looks like it could happen again.

And now off again. His image rights really made the move impossible. I'm impressed Spurs were making his wages work but couldn't get past the large image right fee.

Sessegnon is finally a Spur! I've been making that transfer in FIFA the past 2 years, glad it finally happened.

Rose looks to be on his way out now too.

Very good day so far.
  • Wyojasond
    dannyboy wrote: »

And now off again. His image rights really made the move impossible. I'm impressed Spurs were making his wages work but couldn't get past the large image right fee.

Sessegnon is finally a Spur! I've been making that transfer in FIFA the past 2 years, glad it finally happened.

Rose looks to be on his way out now too.

Very good day so far.

Hope Sessegnon can kick on. Will be interesting to see where his head is after such a horrible season with Fulham. Lo Celso should be done soon too. Solid work from Spurs. They are back in my top 4 now 😂