FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Ashy
    10880 posts Has That Special Something
    Dont think they have a licenced Brazilian league, I know Everton Soares isnt in the game loads of fake names
  • Wyojasond
    14261 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    Dont think they have a licenced Brazilian league, I know Everton Soares isnt in the game loads of fake names

Yeah I was thinking most of the South American teams all had fake names. The loss of Bayern stadium sucks, but again I see it more as desperation from Konami than a failure by EA. You can’t be held ransom by a few teams wanting more money. Just gives leverage to everyone else.

Yeah it sucks, but again not to bothered. PES is a dumpster fire.
  • Ashy
    EA need to rescan the PL again, get all the new signings and up and coming youngsters, same with La Liga and Bundesliga, then focus on high profile teams around Europe like Ajax, Inter, Porto etc, high profile players at random clubs like Bruno Fernandes needs a custom
  • Wyojasond
    EA need to rescan the PL again, get all the new signings and up and coming youngsters, same with La Liga and Bundesliga, then focus on high profile teams around Europe like Ajax, Inter, Porto etc, high profile players at random clubs like Bruno Fernandes needs a custom

Agreed. Part of me thinks they are already focusing on the new systems set to come out in 18 months or so though so the next few games will still be the same basic malarkey we are used too.
  • JamieC
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    Various sources indicate FIFA 20 is also set to lose the Brazilian league and the Allianz Arena of FC Bayern / 1860 München, putting those two teams in the same situation as Barcelona in FIFA 19.

For many of us here of little influence, but that could influence large chunks of both the South-American and the German football gaming market.

Just FC Bayern, 1860 moved back to Grünwalder Stadion since 2017.

I think it sounds like they have lost the actual league, rather than what we have now.

The loss of Bayern stadium sucks, but again I see it more as desperation from Konami than a failure by EA. You can’t be held ransom by a few teams wanting more money. Just gives leverage to everyone else.

Well when you have a monopoly over this, what is Konami suppose to do? The only way they can fight EA with the big teams is to target the big clubs, like Juventus. It looks bad on EA because now one of the big teams is not licensed. (Now called Piemonte Calcio)

But I bet because it doesn't really affect FUT that much (In the end to them it's just the kit/badge/stadium that's gone) the most important thing for them, the players like Ronaldo, is still there. So they can still make their money with their packs.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Various sources indicate FIFA 20 is also set to lose the Brazilian league

Tbf, FIFA hasn't had a proper Brazilian league for a few years already. If there are no players, I don't see any point keeping the teams in the game.
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    sviraman wrote: »

Tbf, FIFA hasn't had a proper Brazilian league for a few years already. If there are no players, I don't see any point keeping the teams in the game.

I actually have the other way around: for me teams, kits, badges and stadiums need to be authentic. Players can be fictional as far as I am concerned. Especially with Career Mode where sooner or later everything turns fictional anyway.
  • Wyojasond

I actually have the other way around: for me teams, kits, badges and stadiums need to be authentic. Players can be fictional as far as I am concerned. Especially with Career Mode where sooner or later everything turns fictional anyway.

@Danimal5981 do you play on PC? Or I guess for anyone that plays on PC, have you all checked out “Moddingway” sounds like people have done a ton of work.
  • Stlducks
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite

@Danimal5981 do you play on PC? Or I guess for anyone that plays on PC, have you all checked out “Moddingway” sounds like people have done a ton of work.

I wish I had a PC for this reason only. Videos look awesome.

I do like playing PES because you can make new kits each year in career mode. But the lack of leagues and stadiums make it boring after a while.
  • Danimal5981
    edited July 2019

Yes, I do play PC and yes I know Moddingway. Back in the days of GP4 and older FIFAs, it was the site to go to, to get a frequent update. That all changed (for me) around 2010.

From that point on, I rather play imperfect vanilla game versions. Sure, I sometimes pull something from Racedepartment (for racing games) and the last time I did it for FIFA on Moddingway, I think it was the EURO 2016 mod for FIFA 16.

But I usually play smaller leagues, because of my background Dutch Eredivisie (Ajax) or Polish Ekstraklasa (Wisla Kraków) and there aren't many patches worth risking the vanilla game for. And by the time they come out I have slowly lost interest, or there is a game out that interests me somewhat more.

This last year, when attention for FIFA dwindled a new expansion for CIV6 was out and by the time that got boring there was F1 2019. And by the time that's all blown over, FIFA 20 stands in front of the door

So I'll just take the game as it comes, Career Mode will be decent enough to give it a go for at least two career mode attempts of at least two seasons each, especially when you play my favourite team, Ajax. Plus, my first season ended as Ajax did 9 months later in real life: Cup, league and semi-finals Champions League, so come Christmas I 'll know how the season will end in real life :smiley:
  • Danimal5981
    There was a beautiful article about Ajax and what makes the core group stick together: Joel Veltman, Lasse Schone, Hakim Ziyech, Daley Blind (across two periods), Donny van de Beek and Kasper Dolberg. Interviews with the players themselves.

They've had near glory in both Europa League (2017) and Champions League (2019), finally got trophies back to Amsterdam after 5 years of nothing, shared intense pain over the loss of Abdelhak Nouri.

A history, a bond that is now superseding the attraction of money, as Ziyech dumps Sevilla, Roma or Milan, Donny tells Chelsea no and Lasse Schone and Dusan Tadic have announced they will remain at Ajax until end of career.

This isn't club love anymore (loyalty to the badge), this is more loyalty to one another. Apart from Barcelona, I can't really recall a group of players sticking around for each other more so than for the club they represent.

Or am I missing something here; are there (groups of) players that do at your favourite teams?
  • Wyojasond
    There was a beautiful article about Ajax and what makes the core group stick together: Joel Veltman, Lasse Schone, Hakim Ziyech, Daley Blind (across two periods), Donny van de Beek and Kasper Dolberg. Interviews with the players themselves.

They've had near glory in both Europa League (2017) and Champions League (2019), finally got trophies back to Amsterdam after 5 years of nothing, shared intense pain over the loss of Abdelhak Nouri.

A history, a bond that is now superseding the attraction of money, as Ziyech dumps Sevilla, Roma or Milan, Donny tells Chelsea no and Lasse Schone and Dusan Tadic have announced they will remain at Ajax until end of career.

This isn't club love anymore (loyalty to the badge), this is more loyalty to one another. Apart from Barcelona, I can't really recall a group of players sticking around for each other more so than for the club they represent.

Or am I missing something here; are there (groups of) players that do at your favourite teams?

I’d say maybe Spurs but honestly it’s more that Levy is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to deal with in transfer deals so it’s hard for anyone to leave 😂

Honestly Liverpool is building a pretty tight squad of players all in there prime. The only player that could potentially be on his way out is Salah as I think he’ll head to Spain next summer (made for La Liga)
  • Wyojasond
    Interesting conversation on Sirius this morning. “Sin bins” and “Orange cards” are coming to English youth competitions this year. Interesting concept in that a player can be sent to the sidelines for 10 minutes for dissent with a referee 🤔
  • Danimal5981
    edited July 2019
    Interesting conversation on Sirius this morning. “Sin bins” and “Orange cards” are coming to English youth competitions this year. Interesting concept in that a player can be sent to the sidelines for 10 minutes for dissent with a referee 🤔

You mean "cooling down" periods? They already existed in Dutch lower league footy when I was still whistling. We're talking 2002-2005 here.

By the way, American U20 international, right wing back Alex Mendez from SC Freiburg has indeed transferred to Ajax. This season he'll play in Ajax 2 (currently 1st div, 2nd tier) but it might become very possible Ajax will play with American wing backs the season after (Dest and Mendez, that is)
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Moise Kean to Everton and Patrick Cutrone to Wolves, in my opinion very sad to see two of Italy's biggest talents leave the Serie A, especially Cutrone. Why does Milan sell him for around 20 million euros while he had a great moyenne and passed through the club's youth academy?
  • Wyojasond
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Moise Kean to Everton and Patrick Cutrone to Wolves, in my opinion very sad to see two of Italy's biggest talents leave the Serie A, especially Cutrone. Why does Milan sell him for around 20 million euros while he had a great moyenne and passed through the club's youth academy?

Really surprised at both moves and talk of Dybala to ManU today. Really thought Serie A was on the way back up but this is depressing. Cutrone was evidently pretty upset about leaving. Didn’t read the story but saw a quick snippet.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special

There was a group of players and staff at Spartak Moscow who had banded closely together, nicknamed "OPG Romashka" (Russian for "Organized crime syndicate", Romashka = derived from one of them's name).
    They won us the first domestic title in 15 years. Then they allegedly tried to organize a coup of sorts in support of an assistant coach who had ambitions for the manager's job. The coup failed, the assistant was let go. A few months later the OPG publicly feuded with the fan-favourite manager and were dropped from the squad.
    Then the manager got fired, officially because of bad team performance, allegedly due to a conflict between his entourage and some club officials (which may or may not be connected to the OPG feud). The OPG were reinstated, but now the fans protested very loudly, and eventually most of the people involved were either forced out of the club or relegated to background roles (like the ex-captain GK who is now third-choice).

Not the kind of a story you were hoping to see, is it? :smile:
  • Danimal5981
    Not the kind of a story you were hoping to see, is it? :smile:

Intriguing nonetheless ( as Russia always tends to be :wink: )

• Stlducks
    @Danimal5981 is the story available in English? I'd love to read it. Sounds like a great article. I like when players stick together through the ups ans downs until they finally reach glory. It makes it feel much more special than the clubs who spend £200m to build a squad.

It is rare now for top clubs to have players stay together. Like @Wyojasond said, maybe Spurs are the closest thing to Ajax. Spurs core have been together awhile now, they went through the pains of embarrassing losses, heartbreaking losses and the death of a youth coach that brought them closer.

Unlike Ajax, Spurs have yet to win a trophy with this group and it will be a real shame (to everyone who supports) if they do not win a trophy before Poch eventually leaves and the players split up.
  • Wyojasond
    Guessing we see the Beta next week. Hopefully I get another code. Got saddled with seasons last year so hopefully a CM one comes this year. Although I was messing around with FUT the last few weeks so they’ll probably send me that 🤦‍♂️
  • dannyboy
    12889 posts Has That Special Something
    An old example, but Man Utd's youth products from the early 90s come to mind. Beckham, Brown, Butt, Giggs, Neville, Neville, Scholes (might be missing someone else) were all part of the team for like 11-24 years each.
  • Wyojasond
    @Danimal5981, how are you feeling about the Van de Beek to Madrid rumor? Thought for sure he’d be one you keep.
  • Danimal5981
    @Danimal5981, how are you feeling about the Van de Beek to Madrid rumor? Thought for sure he’d be one you keep.

Yeah, that comes unexpected. I thought they'd go all in for Pogba. But we still have Ziyech and Neres who could play on the #10. But an extra player would be nice if Donny would decide to go.
  • Ashy

Yeah, that comes unexpected. I thought they'd go all in for Pogba. But we still have Ziyech and Neres who could play on the #10. But an extra player would be nice if Donny would decide to go.

Smith Rowe on loan?
  • Stlducks

Smith Rowe on loan?

Do Ajax loan players in? I thought they just brought them up from the academy when needed.
  • Danimal5981
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Do Ajax loan players in? I thought they just brought them up from the academy when needed.

We hardly ever do. I think it will move either Tadic or Ziyech off the flanks to the center. Maybe pave the way for one of the youngsters; four of them have been given a kit number: Ekkelenkamp (att. mf #26), Lang (winger #27), Dest (wing back #28) and Gravenbergh (def. mf #29).

Onana
    Mazraoui-Schuurs-Martinez-Tagliafico
    Marin - Blind
    Tadic
    Ziyech-Dolberg-Promes

... still isn't a bad team, really
  • dannyboy
    12889 posts Has That Special Something
    Pogba has a "back injury" and will miss the next game, maybe they're still working on the Madrid deal.
  • Stlducks
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Pogba has a "back injury" and will miss the next game, maybe they're still working on the Madrid deal.

I hope so. Pogba goes to Madrid and I have to think Eriksen signs a new contract then.
  • Wyojasond
    Been weighing up some ideas for potential stories with the new game. Thought I’d see what you guys think I would be the best to go with.
    1. Basic Liverpool story: Haven’t done a real Liverpool story in awhile. Will try to build on the CL win and chase down City for the PL. Lots of great youngsters in the team too.
    2. American invasion: With this story I would take all of the MLS teams and move them to England. Placing teams in League 2 through the PL. See how they fair.
    3. Big six demotion: This story would see all 6 of the PL big teams sent to league 2. To add a bit more twist to it, I would edit all of the teams so they only have players rated 80 or below on there team to start.
    4. Rags to Riches: Try to bring back elements of my owner story that I did a little bit last year. Take over a small team and build them into a profitable business on and off the pitch.
    5. Let the kids play: This story would see me take over a team and then simulate ahead a season. I would then start the next year with only kids from the academy system I was recruiting the last year. Might even add a layer that we only sign created players too.

Just a few ideas I’ve had banging around for awhile. I apologize if anyone else has ran with something similar lately, I haven’t been able to keep up with the stories like I used too.
  • Stlducks
    Been weighing up some ideas for potential stories with the new game. Thought I’d see what you guys think I would be the best to go with.
    1. Basic Liverpool story: Haven’t done a real Liverpool story in awhile. Will try to build on the CL win and chase down City for the PL. Lots of great youngsters in the team too.
    2. American invasion: With this story I would take all of the MLS teams and move them to England. Placing teams in League 2 through the PL. See how they fair.
    3. Big six demotion: This story would see all 6 of the PL big teams sent to league 2. To add a bit more twist to it, I would edit all of the teams so they only have players rated 80 or below on there team to start.
    4. Rags to Riches: Try to bring back elements of my owner story that I did a little bit last year. Take over a small team and build them into a profitable business on and off the pitch.
    5. Let the kids play: This story would see me take over a team and then simulate ahead a season. I would then start the next year with only kids from the academy system I was recruiting the last year. Might even add a layer that we only sign created players too.

Just a few ideas I’ve had banging around for awhile. I apologize if anyone else has ran with something similar lately, I haven’t been able to keep up with the stories like I used too.

I'm in the same boat thinking of stories to do. I want to do a Spurs one but I get bored around year 2 when it is too easy to build a top squad.

I like the rags to riches idea. I'm leaning towards that with a club like Forest Green or Salford City. Clubs that are still new to professional leagues and where I can build something like an Ajax using academy players wherever I sell senior players.