FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• dannyboy
    12795 posts Has That Special Something
    Bouhafsi is one of the most reliable journalists around when it comes to French football. His recent tweets suggest that Arsenal are still in the fight, though.
  • Alastair
    9986 posts Moderator
    Congrats to Huddersfield on winning worst kit in history...

• Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    That is.... Terrible
  • Wyojasond
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Wow 😂😂😂🤢 That is so bad
  • Danimal5981
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 17
    Ajax apparently in the hunt for Alexis Mendez, of USA U20 team and SC Freiburg.

Today: PSV, Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar all lost their first serious pre-season friendly (as in: first eleven line-up), while Ajax defeated Basaksehir yesterday playing reserves and youngsters. This might become yet another splendid season, especially if we do buy Steven Bergwijn of our direct competitor.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Ajax apparently in the hunt for Alexis Mendez, of USA U20 team and SC Freiburg.

Today: PSV, Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar all lost their first serious pre-season friendly (as in: first eleven line-up), while Ajax defeated Basaksehir yesterday playing reserves and youngsters. This might become yet another splendid season, especially if we do buy Steven Bergwijn of our direct competitor.

Is it a splendid season if Ajax win the league and league trophy but get knocked out earlier in the UCL then they made it this season?
  • dannyboy
    They should win the league pretty easily, if you look at the other teams' transfer windows.
  • dannyboy
  • Danimal5981
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    dannyboy wrote: »
    They should win the league pretty easily, if you look at the other teams' transfer windows.

Yes, they should - especially if they manage to snatch Bergwijn away from PSV which subsequently means they will buy Berghuis from Feyenoord. So, whichever way, the only real competition -again- will come from PSV, I expect.

And the Champions League depends a bit on the draw I would say.

You see, Matthijs de Ligt and Frenkie de Jong are great players, but Ten Hag is aware that with different players comes a different strategy. Ajax will always push forward and will always be vulnerable at the back (3-3 Bayern, 1-2 Real Madrid, 2-3 Spurs).

So the question really isn't if they are more vulnerable at the back, it ought to be "are they just as creative and attacking as last season" and the answer to that is "even better" now that Quincy Promes is in. So, in effect we cashed a lot by selling two players, we got back three quality signings and Carel Eiting is waiting in the wings (Frenkie de Jong 2) and I think we might even be stronger than last season.
  • Wyojasond
    Kind of tempted to do a West Ham or Leicester story next year. I’d things fall into place, they could be both be huge surprises next year.

been trying to make big moves all summer. Getting Haller was huge for them, and if Diop comes good and solidifies that defense they could be very solid.
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    edited July 18
    Kind of tempted to do a West Ham or Leicester story next year. I’d things fall into place, they could be both be huge surprises next year.

been trying to make big moves all summer. Getting Haller was huge for them, and if Diop comes good and solidifies that defense they could be very solid.

Outside the top 6 Leicester have the best chance, then Everton imo. Wolves don't quite have the depth especially with EL football, West Ham always get overhyped, I'm not convinced with their midfield.

Leicester have a good keeper, great full backs, decent centre backs and I'm sure they'll replace Maguire. Midfield 3 is fantastic and attacking 3 is good too, Everton lack a striker and right winger.
  • Wyojasond
    Ashy wrote: »

Outside the top 6 Leicester have the best chance, then Everton imo. Wolves don't quite have the depth especially with EL football, West Ham always get overhyped, I'm not convinced with their midfield.

Leicester have a good keeper, great full backs, decent centre backs and I'm sure they'll replace Maguire. Midfield 3 is fantastic and attacking 3 is good too, Everton lack a striker and right winger.

Everton are gonna be crap this season I think personally. Leicester have the best chance though I agree. Personally if I’m them, I drag out this deal with United and screw them over. If they honestly want to be contenders and value him that much I would.

Hearing that Dunk or Tarkwoski would be his replacement. Brighton wanting 45m for Dunk 😂
  • Wyojasond
    Career mode sneak peek is up next. Hoping for some big news but have a feeling the announcement will go like this “EA is excited to announce that Piemonte Calcio has been added to career mode!” 😂

• Alastair
    9986 posts Moderator
    Career mode sneak peek is up next. Hoping for some big news but have a feeling the announcement will go like this “EA is excited to announce that Piemonte Calcio has been added to career mode!” 😂

Unfortunately it’s been delayed.

• Wyojasond
    Alastair wrote: »

Unfortunately it’s been delayed.

tenor.gif
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    Don't care when they announce it as long as there are decent fixes and changes. From late July to early August isnt long, like an extra 10 days

Fact they delayed it due to not getting assets or something may mean there is something more than just small fixes and a hub change
  • Alastair
    9986 posts Moderator
    Don't care when they announce it as long as there are decent fixes and changes. From late July to early August isnt long, like an extra 10 days

Fact they delayed it due to not getting assets or something may mean there is something more than just small fixes and a hub change

Assets could just mean the screenshot they need for the article.
  • Wyojasond

Assets could just mean the screenshot they need for the article.

Seeing rumors that the Romanian league is being added and that the Bundesliga will get the same additions that the EPL has. (Stadiums and broadcasting package 🤷‍♂️)
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    United finally get Maguire.. For way way too much money.

Not to get too excited but Spurs are probably the best team in Europe if Ndombele starts and Kane shoots from midfield everytime. Just no stopping it.
  • Wyojasond
    Absolute trash from Sevilla last night.

• Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional

Sevilla played this like a final and not a friendly. Pathetic attitude and disgusting physical play. Not only this tackle but also an elbow to the face of another young player.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »

Sevilla played this like a final and not a friendly. Pathetic attitude and disgusting physical play. Not only this tackle but also an elbow to the face of another young player.

Yeah they were flying into tackles and throwing hands and elbows all game. I get trying to make a point against the European champs, but there was so much crap in that game from them and it was just building to that horrible tackle. Just pathetic.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    I'm usually one of the firsts that loves to laugh at Klopp for his excuses but he is right on with his comments on the schedule. It is becoming redicoulous with International games and so many extra competitons. Mane's season just ended and it lasted 13 months with UCL and International games. Now he has 2 weeks off and starts the Premier league.

There are too many International games IMO where it doesn't even feel special to have a player called up anymore.

For the Premier League they should do away with the League Cup and just have the CA Cup, league and European games.
  • Wyojasond
    I'm usually one of the firsts that loves to laugh at Klopp for his excuses but he is right on with his comments on the schedule. It is becoming redicoulous with International games and so many extra competitons. Mane's season just ended and it lasted 13 months with UCL and International games. Now he has 2 weeks off and starts the Premier league.

There are too many International games IMO where it doesn't even feel special to have a player called up anymore.

For the Premier League they should do away with the League Cup and just have the CA Cup, league and European games.

It’s ridiculous anymore. Liverpool will potentially be in 7 competitions this season and the governing bodies just want to add more and more each year. Feel bad for the players. They all deserve time off.
  • Alastair
    9986 posts Moderator

It’s ridiculous anymore. Liverpool will potentially be in 7 competitions this season and the governing bodies just want to add more and more each year. Feel bad for the players. They all deserve time off.

How do you get 7? You're not counting the UEFA Super Cup as a competiton are you? :joy:
  • Ashy
    9194 posts League Winner
    UCL
    EL (if they finished 3rd in their group)
    PL
    FA Cup
    Carabao Cup
    Community shield
    Uefa Super cup
    Club world cup

Actually potentially 8
  • Wyojasond

How do you get 7? You're not counting the UEFA Super Cup as a competiton are you? :joy:

While the Super Cup and Community shield aren’t real competitions like the other ones, they are still extra games and Tin Pot trophies.
    1. Premier League
    2. Champions League
    3. FA Cup
    4. League Cup
    5. FIBA World Cup (although still waiting word on this)
    6. Super Cup
    7. Community Shield
  • Alastair
    9986 posts Moderator

While the Super Cup and Community shield aren’t real competitions like the other ones, they are still extra games and Tin Pot trophies.
    1. Premier League
    2. Champions League
    3. FA Cup
    4. League Cup
    6. Super Cup
    7. Community Shield

One match competitions don't really count imo as you just play less preseason friendlies. That's all they are.

FIBA World Cup? Didn't know Liverpool played basketball :trollface:
  • Wyojasond

1. Premier League
    2. Champions League
    3. FA Cup
    4. League Cup
    6. Super Cup
    7. Community Shield

One match competitions don't really count imo as you just play less preseason friendlies. That's all they are.

FIBA World Cup? Didn't know Liverpool played basketball :trollface:

😂😂😂 don’t know why it auto corrected to that 🤦‍♂️

While I do agree that the one match competitions aren’t huge deals, they still count and this year both are against top rivals in City and Chelsea. Community shield 4 days before the season opener and the Super Cup 4 days after that. Makes the season opening beyond hectic.
  • Stlducks
    1392 posts Professional
    Once players start skipping International games then changes will happen. They won't skip club games because the clubs pay more but once International games start lacking people will push for change