FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11919 posts Has That Special Something
    Scary that with Vertonghen 😬
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Scary that with Vertonghen 😬

No idea why he was allowed back on. Stupid decision.
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'll take that result. Ugly first half but changing the formation and bringing Sissoko on changed the game. I feel Ajax might be let down they didn't score more at the start when they dominated.

Spurs had chances but Alderweireld and Llorente missed some good headers. If Spurs play the second leg like this second half and have Son involved, I like the chances.

Another huge test Saturday, a win at Bournemouth secures top4 and relaxes things a bit.
  • DB1512
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Strange to see Sissoko as Spurs' keyplayer jn the UCL semi final, who would expect that in the beginning of the season.
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Strange to see Sissoko as Spurs' keyplayer jn the UCL semi final, who would expect that in the beginning of the season.

Haha right? But his ability to disposses and dribble forward when needed has become key to Spurs defense. In a way, he has replaced Dembele. Obviously just not as good.
  • DB1512
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    I expect a tough return for Ajax next week, Ziyech looked tired at the end and this weekend the Dutch Cup final where it is not very likely Ten Hag will sent in the second team.
  • dannyboy
    12831 posts Has That Special Something
    I played NHL 04 and 07, great games indeed
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    @subpop what’s your take on the comments by Klopp about camp Nou. I feel like it was taken out of context a bit and twisted. Seems to have rightly pissed off the Barca fans 😬😂

First, I was surprised when I read the headlines... but then I read the words and the way he said that the Camp Nou wasn't a "football temple" and I believe that journalists truly twisted what Klopp really said. He actually said nice things about Barcelona and the stadium... he was just taking pressure off saying that, at the end, the game will be played on a football stadium, not in an extraordinary place.

I know the reactions, but I believe that the words were taken out of context and you can only get mad if you read the headlines.

Personally, I don't care if he thinks that the Camp Nou is a terrifying place to go. I don't even know if these words will have any reaction. I don't think it'll make the diffence, to be honest. The reality is that we didn't lose a single home game in a long period of time, but it doesn't matter as every game is different and Liverpool is a huge rival.

I don't think Liverpool will get scared of the Camp Nou, as they're used to play in top stadiums. And the opposite, as much as Anfield is a legendary place, it won't be more hostile than the Santiago Bernabéu, to say an example. All the players have the experience to face these situations.

I believe Liverpool is the worst possible rivals for the way they play, so I believe that we need the best Barcelona version to win these 2 games. Against Manchester United, it was enough to play diesel football... today it's a day to die on the pitch or we'll lose, I'm sure of it.

On Spurs v Ajax... it was a poor game. Ajax started really well and the goal was truly deserved. Then the injuries and other factors broke the rythm of the game, which was good for Spurs, even if they were the victims of the injury. Ajax's level of football slowed down and Spurs could actually breath.

In any case, it was impressive the lack of resources of Spurs to create danger. Missing Kane, Son and Winks must have consequences, but they were really poor. Ajax are the big favourites to reach the final, I didn't expect it, even after the elimination of Madrid and Juve. I don't think it's already done, but Spurs must improve massively to advance. As much as I have to praise Poch's tactical decisions against City, this time all the decisions seemed wrong. I actually believe that luck was on Spurs' side in the previous round as I rate City way higher, but Guardiola betrayed himself and paid the consequences.

Ah, Pep... I still wonder how you chose to go to a club like Man City instead of being at home.
  • Wyojasond
    Can’t wait for tonight’s game. Firmino might be out and if that’s the case I’m worried how we’ll perform at times. I feel like he’s the biggest key in breaking you guys down over these two legs.
  • Danimal5981
    2300 posts Fans' Favourite
    My two cents: I think Ajax has it in the bag. That's maybe the typical Amsterdam Bluff but I would like to point out it's the first time since the AEK game (away 0-2) they managed to keep a clean sheet, which tells me they were very aware on what to do yesterday and how to play next Wednesday. The only thing I could blame them for was a lack of sharpness in front of goal. Ajax always scores a goal at least, so Spurs would need two and I don't see that happening honestly.

• Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    My two cents: I think Ajax has it in the bag. That's maybe the typical Amsterdam Bluff but I would like to point out it's the first time since the AEK game (away 0-2) they managed to keep a clean sheet, which tells me they were very aware on what to do yesterday and how to play next Wednesday. The only thing I could blame them for was a lack of sharpness in front of goal. Ajax always scores a goal at least, so Spurs would need two and I don't see that happening honestly.

I will have to disagree with you (of course because I'm a Spurs fan 😉) but last night was one of the worst halfs I have seen Spurs play this season and they only allowed 1.

I think Poch had it wrong from the start with the formation and it was obvious Spurs were much improved when Sissoko came on and they switched to a back 4.

I can't imagine Spurs playing that bad again, especially with Son back. If Spurs win this weekend and secure top4, that will take a lot of pressure off that is mounting at this time of year and I think they give Ajax a good match.

I might be wrong but it also seems that Ajax have been better on the road than at home in UCL. Do you see that? They played better on the road against Juve, Bayern and Madrid it seemed to me.

Tonight's match is another unpredictable one. I think Barca win but LFC will be satisfied with 2 away goals.
  • Danimal5981
    What I saw @Stlducks is in line with the games against Juve and Real: Ajax usually plays better in the second game, whether that's Juve, Real, or Bayern. Only this time, we're already a goal up from the away game.

I don't think the issue here is that Spurs only allowed one (like I said, Ajax lacked effectiveness in front of goal), the issue was that I hardly saw Spurs create a thing. Judging from the past and Ajax being better in the second game, I'm expecting 3-1 to Ajax, come Wednesday.
  • Wyojasond
    Big change of lineup for Liverpool tonight. No Firmino or Henderson 😬

Could be a long night. Guessing we will be looking to counter attack like crazy.
  • Danimal5981
    Barca 1-0
    Terrible defending by Virgil and Matip
  • subpop
    Wasn't Matip's clear handball? Initially it seems a rebound, but then he actually moves the hand to stop it. I didn't get VAR really...

Barcelona need to slow down the game a bit. It is too fast for our interest. Remarkable physical effort by both teams. Physical form can be very important in the second half.

Salah and Mané are very dangerous. Alba and Suárez, the best for us. I think we need Arthur to control the game much more.
  • Wyojasond
    No way you call that Matip handball. Messi looking dangerous as always, and a bad moment from our defense.

Good start to the second half though
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was thinking Messi has been quiet and then he scores. Liverpool need to grab one back before full time or else they are going to be in trouble at Anfield.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I was thinking Messi has been quiet and then he scores. Liverpool need to grab one back before full time or else they are going to be in trouble at Anfield.

Absolute god..... what a shot.
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero

Salah needed to score there. Huge miss if LFC end up goalless.
  • Wyojasond
    edited May 1

Salah needed to score there. Huge miss if LFC end up goalless.

Yeah that has to go in 😖 don’t think we deserved a 3-0 loss, but that’s how it goes. Keita and Firmino out really hurt us but Barca was the better team. Not sure we can turn over a 3-0
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dembele was on only a few minutes and blew two chances that would have for sure ended the tie.

Salah, Mane and Firmino are going to have to be at the top of their game Tuesday. Barca will score 1 at least, LFC are going to need 5 to advance IMO.

Nearly impossible but then again, if anyone can LFC are one of the few teams I think could.
  • Wyojasond
    Dembele was on only a few minutes and blew two chances that would have for sure ended the tie.

Salah, Mane and Firmino are going to have to be at the top of their game Tuesday. Barca will score 1 at least, LFC are going to need 5 to advance IMO.

Nearly impossible but then again, if anyone can LFC are one of the few teams I think could.

Yeah thank god Dembele blew it there at the end. I never count us out with the firepower we have, but Barca are such a good counterattacking team this year that I don’t see a way back from 3-0.
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    What I saw @Stlducks is in line with the games against Juve and Real: Ajax usually plays better in the second game, whether that's Juve, Real, or Bayern. Only this time, we're already a goal up from the away game.

I don't think the issue here is that Spurs only allowed one (like I said, Ajax lacked effectiveness in front of goal), the issue was that I hardly saw Spurs create a thing. Judging from the past and Ajax being better in the second game, I'm expecting 3-1 to Ajax, come Wednesday.

I'm not too concerned with Spurs not creating last match. It was expected actually as it has been the pattern all season in games Kane and Son do not play. As much as I like Eriksen, he has been pretty poor this year outside of a few bright moments. That's why Son coming back next game gives me some confidence.
  • Danimal5981
    Liverpool was good until they reached the penalty box. But Barcelona gave a lesson in effectiveness.
    Face it, it's gonna be a Barça vs. Ajax final, which is what I've always dreamed about since I was a little kid.
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Liverpool was good until they reached the penalty box. But Barcelona gave a lesson in effectiveness.
    Face it, it's gonna be a Barça vs. Ajax final, which is what I've always dreamed about since I was a little kid.

I hope your dreams don't come true. 😉
  • Danimal5981

I hope your dreams don't come true. 😉

I get it from your point of view. But taking away preference I'd still come to the same conclusion.
  • Danimal5981
    edited May 1
    Spurs v Ajax 0-2
    Barça v LP 3-1

I was too modest for Ajax and LP, but these would've been the correct scores, if Neres scored in the 77th minute and Salah after the 3-0.
  • Stlducks
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought Liverpool would score 2 today. But Salah just hasn't been great in the big games this year. He was doing better today until his miss but against the top sides he has faced (City, Utd, PSG, Bayern, Spurs) his level of play has been average.

That will need to change if they have any chance.
  • subpop
    Today's result can only be explained by the presence of Leo Messi. It reminded me the game against Bayern a few years ago.

Liverpool were superior in overall terms. Klopp's plan was good as I expected. Liverpool imposed their style and controlled the game. But Barça dominated the boxes as Liverpool couldn't finish their attacking actions. They had a couple of good shots at the beginning of the 2nd half and, obviously, the one of Salah near the end of the game. But still our defense, in spite of all the suffering, never collapsed.

However, in attack Messi terrified Liverpool's defense. Barcelona didn't have the control and had problems to break the pressure of the rival. But when we did, we practically finished every action in one way or another. Then the free kick was from another planet... again.

I don't think it is over. Roma is too fresh in my mind and crazy things happen. But the result couldn't be more positive... or maybe yes. I wish not to regret that last chance.

As @Danimal5981 said, our dream final is closer than ever.
  • subpop
    I thought Liverpool would score 2 today. But Salah just hasn't been great in the big games this year. He was doing better today until his miss but against the top sides he has faced (City, Utd, PSG, Bayern, Spurs) his level of play has been average.

That will need to change if they have any chance.

I think Salah played a good first half. Lenglet suffered a lot against him at some point. It is true he vanished in the 2nd half and will probably have nightmares with the last chance.

I believe Salah and Mané ended up missing Firmino a lot. They did well, but many times they did the war by themselves, as if they were missing a reference.