FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    12154 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Thoughts on the draft Ali?

Steve Keim needs sacking.

Drafted franchise QBs in the first round 2 years in a row.

Rosen is a hack. They never should’ve drafted him last year, and just so many unknowns with Murray. Height being the biggest one. Also doesn’t help they hired a college coach with a losing record in my opinion 😂
  • Alastair
    10087 posts Moderator
    LAboog4 wrote: »

If they get good value when trading Rosen then it's not a bad move. Cardinals just hired a new coach and he obviously doesn't think Rosen is the guy so he wanted his own star to build around.

The Cardinals are so bad though I still thinking trading the first pick for multiple players would have helped them more. They need linemen, a TE and some defensive help. One pick isn't going to improve them very much.

Good value would have been a trade yesterday but sadly nothing appeared. A straight swap with Pats for N'Keal Harry would do as well.

I wanted us to trade down as well. Guess no-one came in with a good offer.

Rosen is a hack. They never should’ve drafted him last year, and just so many unknowns with Murray. Height being the biggest one. Also doesn’t help they hired a college coach with a losing record in my opinion 😂

Really? I rate Rosen a lot. He's a great player, I reckon he'll win a SB at some point.

Kingsbury was at a small college so you can't really focus on his record too much. he did well for the school.
  • Wyojasond

If they get good value when trading Rosen then it's not a bad move. Cardinals just hired a new coach and he obviously doesn't think Rosen is the guy so he wanted his own star to build around.

The Cardinals are so bad though I still thinking trading the first pick for multiple players would have helped them more. They need linemen, a TE and some defensive help. One pick isn't going to improve them very much.

Good value would have been a trade yesterday but sadly nothing appeared. A straight swap with Pats for N'Keal Harry would do as well.

I wanted us to trade down as well. Guess no-one came in with a good offer.

Really? I rate Rosen a lot. He's a great player, I reckon he'll win a SB at some point.

Kingsbury was at a small college so you can't really focus on his record too much. he did well for the school.

Super smart kid. Could quit football tomorrow and still be a millionaire without taking a dime of football cash, but I just don’t think he has what it takes to be a top QB. Backup at best. A lot like Leinert.

Kings bury is a brilliant offensive mind, and he groomed Mahomes, but he’s an OC at best for me. Shouldn’t be a head coach, let alone in the NFL.
  • LAboog4
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Looking at the schedule this weekend, the England FA needs to be better for their times. I'm sure this has been discussed before when the team Arsenal played from France moved their game back to have longer to prepare.

This time Ajax have had a week off while Tottenham have played every 3rd day.

I mostly watch Bundesliga and Premier League but I'm amazed how many more games are played in England than other leagues. Two league cups, longer season plus Europe. Now adding the extra international games is just crazy for players.
  • Virtual_K
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    subpop wrote: »
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Read a little about Johan Cruyff. Knew the name and reputation, but not much detail. Interesting he did a brief stint with the LA Aztecs, probably one he chose to forget. Ahh, the NASL, what could have been if they had an intelligent business model.

Then the way he fought against Ajax, who wanted to sell him to Real Madrid to end up forcing his move to Barcelona.

To put things in a context, Barcelona wasn't the club it is nowadays... we hadn't won a league in 14 years and our golden years were forgotten. The fascist regime of Franco didn't allow him to play for 2 months due to visa problems (yes, sure...). Barcelona were truly struggling... when he was given permission, Barcelona destroyed everyone including a memorable 0-5 at the Bernabéu and we won LaLiga. Sadly, this was a turning point and he lived his life and never reached his previous level anymore.

It's only been in recent years that Champions League has been promoted and readily available without special channels over here, so it's hard to imagine Barcelona as a struggling team. I live in So Cal, and in my experience Barcelona seems to be the favorite international team in these parts, but don't hold me to that, just my experience hanging around the pitch at my niece's club team. Speaking of which, that is one contribution I feel Jurgen Klinsmann made to US Soccer--instituting a structure down to the youth level. I still think he would make a good technical director, but as a manager on the field, he had to go. I have personally seen the changes in youth soccer in the last several years; wish I had those opportunities.
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hello everyone, couldn't sleep last night due to the excitment of Spurs match today so I had a chance to catch up on stories. I haven't had a chance to play FIFA for a few months due to life but I still try checking in to see how stories are going.

I know Laboog in real life and actually told him about this site. I'm probably that annoying Spurs fan he mentioned he knows! 😂

I can't believe we are in the semi-final! I keep expecting to lose but the team finds a way to surprise me. Midfield depth is now a huge issue and no Kane/Son in the first leg has me concerned but the way this year is going Llorente will have a hat-trick.

Today's game is HUGE. A win and top4 could ve secured depending on if Arsenal or Chelsea win. West Ham always play us tough and will be anxious to be the first team to score and beat us at home.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Hello everyone, couldn't sleep last night due to the excitment of Spurs match today so I had a chance to catch up on stories. I haven't had a chance to play FIFA for a few months due to life but I still try checking in to see how stories are going.

I know Laboog in real life and actually told him about this site. I'm probably that annoying Spurs fan he mentioned he knows! 😂

I can't believe we are in the semi-final! I keep expecting to lose but the team finds a way to surprise me. Midfield depth is now a huge issue and no Kane/Son in the first leg has me concerned but the way this year is going Llorente will have a hat-trick.

Today's game is HUGE. A win and top4 could ve secured depending on if Arsenal or Chelsea win. West Ham always play us tough and will be anxious to be the first team to score and beat us at home.

I had a feeling spurs were going to make a run this year. Son has really put that team on his back I feel like and honestly it’s weird to say but I think this squad is a little better without Kane.

Ajax is in amazing form but if you guys can get through the first leg on I think you’ll advance.
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    I actually put some blame on Poch for the team looking better at times without Kane. He tries too hard to make Kane the focus in attack which limits Son and Eriksen. When Kane is not in, Son plays higher up and is more attacking.

I'm not surprised by the loss today considering the derby and how WHU always treat the Tottenham match like a final. What worries me is how tired the players looked in the second half. The lack of squad depth because of injuries is starting to take it's toll on Spurs it seems.

Hopefully Vertoghen's injury is small and he's ready for Tuesday. Winks or Sissoko will hopefully be back too or else Ajax will run over midfield.

Time to cheer for United and LCFC!
  • WestardLord
    1583 posts Play-Off Hero
    As a Gooner, I have to admit Spurs actually looked like a team for once this season, but they've just blown it. Granted, they've had injuries, but their form has been so bipolar.

As @Stlducks said, the squad needs depth, but it's something of a small miracle that Pochettino has been able to get this far with the state of the club.
  • LAboog4
    As a Gooner, I have to admit Spurs actually looked like a team for once this season, but they've just blown it. Granted, they've had injuries, but their form has been so bipolar.

As @Stlducks said, the squad needs depth, but it's something of a small miracle that Pochettino has been able to get this far with the state of the club.

I think selling Moussa Dembele is hurting them now but I see both sides of the argument. You wanted to get money for him so you sold him but you already have at least 4 midfield options with Sissoko, Wanyama, Dier and Winks so you didn't sign a backup. Problem is nobody expected 3 of those 4 to be out for a long period of time all at once.

Spurs are very bipolar, that is a good way to describe them. They have been very lucky in the UCL this season (remember barely escaping the group and then the VAR miracles) but lucky is needed to advance far in UCL.

I still think it will be Spurs and Arsenal at 3/4, mostly because Chelsea have 3 games left they can drop points in and who knows how United will respond. That by default leaves the two north London sides.
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    LCFC did Spurs a favor, just need a win at Bournemouth to secure at least 4th. If United win today then Spurs would secure 3rd with a win. I hate seeing Tielemans doing so well when he could have easily been a Spur if they weren't so cheap!

Congratulations @subpop everyone knew it was coming but now it's official. Barca win LaLiga again! I love Ray Hudson's comment on Messi. "A performance as ugly as a witch's nose covered in warts, but it doesn't matter when you've got Messi. In case of an emergency, break glass: Leo's there, he's always there. It can't be football, it's gotta be something else, as that kid says."
  • Wyojasond
    Just saw somebody else post this stat in the real football forum....

Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Arsenal in April 2019: 8 wins in 19 league matches between them

That is so pathetic 😂
  • Wyojasond
    Neymar is going to miss most of next season too at the rate he’s going 😂

Suspended for the first 3 CL games psg has and after his stunt in the stands I heard he’s looking at a 5-7 game suspension in the league 🤦‍♂️
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    Neymar is going to miss most of next season too at the rate he’s going 😂

Suspended for the first 3 CL games psg has and after his stunt in the stands I heard he’s looking at a 5-7 game suspension in the league 🤦‍♂️

How quickly he has fallen. Should have stayed in Barca, learned under Messi and took over the team once Messi retired.
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 28
    @Wyojasond

Spurs have 3 of those. I knew April would be tough playing 2 London rivals (West Ham and Palace) plus City 3 times. Losing to only City and West Ham was better than I expected coming into the month.
  • LAboog4
    Just shocking by De Gea lately. No idea what is going on with him this year but this last few weeks have been dreadful.
  • Danimal5981
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 29
    Good luck @Stlducks - today IS the day. Let's make it a good game, no matter the outcome!
    #TOTAJA
  • Wyojasond
    Good luck @Stlducks - today IS the day. Let's make it a good game, no matter the outcome!
    #TOTAJA

Predictions for the semis?

I’ve got Spurs/Ajax 1-2
    Barca/Liverpool 1-1
  • Ashy
    9972 posts Has That Special Something
    Tottenham 1-3 Ajax
    Barcelona 2-2 Liverpool
  • Danimal5981
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    Spurs v Ajax 0-2
    Barça v LP 3-1
  • WestardLord
    1583 posts Play-Off Hero
    well, it's Spurs

Spurs 0-3 Ajax
    Barcelona 2-1 Liverpool

• dannyboy
    12855 posts Has That Special Something
    Spurs 2-0 Ajax
    Barcelona 1-2 Liverpool
  • Wyojasond
    @subpop what’s your take on the comments by Klopp about camp Nou. I feel like it was taken out of context a bit and twisted. Seems to have rightly pissed off the Barca fans 😬😂
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck @Danimal5981 I've always said outside Spurs, Ajax are the team I cheer for so it is exciting that one of us will be in the final.

I wish Son or Kane were playing tonight but since they are out and Sissoko might be back, I'm hoping Spurs go defensive. Try keeping Ajax to 1 away goal then go attack at Ajax when Son is able to play.
  • Wyojasond
    If anyone is looking for a good sports game to try out til the next Fifa, I highly recommend you check out NHL 19. An EA game that while not as big (teams wise) as FIFA, has so many little things added into its career mode that it hurts not seeing them in FIFA.

The presentation is amazing too and for someone who primarily only plays sports games, it’s an actual challenge. Both playing the game and building a team that can compete.
  • LAboog4
    What if I know nothing about the NHL? Does it have helpful settings or anything to learn?
  • Wyojasond
    What if I know nothing about the NHL? Does it have helpful settings or anything to learn?

I knew very little when I got the game. Honestly I just tweaked the settings a bit as I went along.

They actually have some great training games where the real players show you how to do things. I haven’t messed with it much but it’s for sure helpful.
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not sure if the team announced the lineup wrong or not but since Sissoko isn't fit enough to start it looks like Danny Rose is playing midfield with Vertoghen at LB.

I would have preferred Davies starting in a back 3 with Vertoghen LWB like against Dortmund but Poch must think Rose in midfield is needed to slow down the counter-attack.
  • Wyojasond
    It really is a shame this Ajax team is going to be ripped apart this summer. They would be a lot of fun to watch for the next few years.
  • Stlducks
    1636 posts Play-Off Hero
    Terrible start for Spurs but the last few minutes after switching to a 442 diamond have been much better. Ajax were going at Sanchez and Wanyama whenever they were in possession causing bad passes.

Spurs need to control some possession and try calming things down.