FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11626 posts Has That Special Something
    Finally got the game back and can I just say again how much I’m loving the gameplay this year. Teams will actually sit back and defend and damn it’s hard to break them down. At the same time if you use the right tactics you finally get that moment it all comes together, and then they start to open up as they try to get back in the game. Plus every team has been different so far.

Haven’t really played a great team yet so eager to see how I’ll have to game plan for that. Not a perfect game, but much much better than last year.
  • WestardLord
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    MLS is still underdeveloped in this game but it's still better represented than it ever has been.

Unique match graphics, lots of new faces, good looking kits. Now if they'd only get American commentators in there ...

The team at EA that does all the art deserves a lot of credit because they've singlehandedly sold the game to me. Probably wouldn't enjoy CM as much if it didnt look so good.

Do you know if FIFA 19 fixed the MLS playoff bracket back to 12 teams instead of 10? Thinking of skipping this version except the addition of LAFC has got me reconsidering, and if they fixed the playoff bracket.

According to this thread it has been fixed.

Thanks, it would appear you are correct. Too bad they didn't add a quasi-champions league like they did for Asia or add some sort of MLS/Liga MX tournament to make playing MLS or Liga MX careers more interesting.

Man, I'd love to see CONCACAF in the game, even if it just has MLS and Liga MX.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    This'll shake up the PL a bit. Wonder what will happen to Chelsea as a result.

• Stlducks
    1490 posts Professional

I like that rule. I want to see Chelsea and City have to sell some players that will never play for them.
  • Wyojasond

Finally! 40 freaking loanees for Chelsea is just ridiculous. Can’t wait to see how this all shakes out.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator

That's a nice optional feature.

A player career with one of them could be interesting.
  • Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Neat? I'd never use it, but seems alright
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Chris wrote: »
    Neat? I'd never use it, but seems alright

I’d never use them seriously but might turn them on in the odd casual career and just see what happens.
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Wyojasond
    That is a pretty cool addition. I’ve barely looked at the journey in 3 years but I suppose for others they’d really enjoy that.
  • Danimal5981
    2250 posts Fans' Favourite
    That is a pretty cool addition. I’ve barely looked at the journey in 3 years but I suppose for others they’d really enjoy that.

Same here. I enjoy career mode and especially one that can remain realistic for a longer period of time. Adding a OVR 94 or 92 player from England is not something for the CMs I enjoy playing. But to each their own, I suppose.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Wonder how much Barca paid someone to come up with their new badge...

• Chris
    Just won League 2 with Sunderland, turns out now if you win the title, you get presented the trophy at the last home game of the season, not on the game you win it. Nice touch.
  • Chris
    Or not haha, I just played my last home game of the season, which was also the final game of the season and no presentation
  • Danimal5981
    United hammered 2-0 by half time: How long is Mourinho going to hold out?
  • Wyojasond
    United hammered 2-0 by half time: How long is Mourinho going to hold out?

Just woke up and turned the game on....was just thinking the same thing
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Hopefully he's out before the end of the day.
  • Wyojasond
    Hopefully he's out before the end of the day.

:D :D :D The meltdown in the “real football” thread is on. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a divided fan base as I’ve seen with United this year. Guess one positive is that more of them are agreeing Mourinho needs to go now :D :D :D

• Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Chris wrote: »
    Or not haha, I just played my last home game of the season, which was also the final game of the season and no presentation

Can you post in the bugs forum please.

If anyone sees any bugs stick them on there and PM me the link and I'll try and ensure it gets flagged. :)
  • dannyboy
    12828 posts Has That Special Something
    Clearly lost the dressing room so what's the point
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Wonder who comes in. I guess either Zidane long term or someone till the summer (Wenger is the only one I can think of who is free and would be happy to be temporary).
  • Danimal5981
    edited September 2018
    Wonder who comes in. I guess either Zidane long term or someone till the summer (Wenger is the only one I can think of who is free and would be happy to be temporary).

Louis van Gaal always gets a second term at the same team.... (AZ, Ajax, Barça, Netherlands)

But seriously, Man U (and their fans) have to let go of that fixation on finding the new Ferguson, stop comparing to Ferguson, stop asking what Ferguson would do, etc. etc.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator

Louis van Gaal always gets a second term at the same club.... (AZ, Ajax, Barça, Netherlands)

Anyone but him.

I'd personally like to see a young British manager get a chance (we will need an eventual replacement for Southgate and Scotland will need a new manager soon) although I'm not sure who there is. For the top clubs to take someone on they really need to have experience elsewhere in the PL first.
  • Danimal5981

Louis van Gaal always gets a second term at the same club.... (AZ, Ajax, Barça, Netherlands)

Anyone but him.

I'd personally like to see a young British manager get a chance (we will need an eventual replacement for Southgate and Scotland will need a new manager soon) although I'm not sure who there is. For the top clubs to take someone on they really need to have experience elsewhere in the PL first.

Throw in an unknown, promote the youth U23 manager for example. If you want to give the club breathing space, the last thing one should do is getting another big name. Take a step back, so later you can make two forward. That's how Ferguson became the legend he is today.
  • dannyboy
    12828 posts Has That Special Something
    Season's dead anyway, just let Carrick have some fun
  • Wyojasond
    Have to give Brighton some credit so far this season. They have been very solid so far this year given there squad. Beat United, tested Liverpool and have been giving City issues today.
  • Stlducks
    1490 posts Professional
    Pretty even between Chelsea and Liverpool but what a goal by Hazard. Not that the goal was really great, just how easy he makes it look.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Pretty even between Chelsea and Liverpool but what a goal by Hazard. Not that the goal was really great, just how easy he makes it look.

He’s on another level so far this year. Chelsea’s defense has been impressive this game. Can’t complain much honestly.
  • Stlducks
    1490 posts Professional

He’s on another level so far this year. Chelsea’s defense has been impressive this game. Can’t complain much honestly.

What a chance for Shaqiri. Salah hasn't looked like his last year self yet this season. Some of his chances I have seen this season would have been goals last year. The one earlier this match that was cleared off the line and the one on one chance against Spurs are the two biggest ones. Just bad luck so far.
  • Wyojasond

What a chance for Shaqiri. Salah hasn't looked like his last year self yet this season. Some of his chances I have seen this season would have been goals last year. The one earlier this match that was cleared off the line and the one on one chance against Spurs are the two biggest ones. Just bad luck so far.

To be fair, he missed a lot of sitters last year too :D he’s really not a great finisher he just had so many chances. He’s certainly a bit off still though so far
  • Stlducks
    1490 posts Professional
    Wow Sturridge.