FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry for being a non believer @Danimal5981
  • WestardLord
    1505 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 5
    Cannot believe what I just witnessed. Craziest game of the season for me.

This team is done as we know it, needs a total reboot over the summer if they want to save face from this embarrassment of a season.

Fantastic work by Ajax. That goal by Schöne was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.
  • LAboog4
    651 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rumors of Real Madrid buying Hazard, Poch, Kane and Eriksen are about to really heat up.

Ajax were incredible. Who is more excited, @Danimal5981or @subpop watching Ajax run over Madrid?

I'm sure nobody watched the other match but Dortmund look lost. A game they must score and they didn't even get one. The league is going to Bayern again unless something drastic changes.
  • Wyojasond
    11582 posts Has That Special Something
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Rumors of Real Madrid buying Hazard, Poch, Kane and Eriksen are about to really heat up.

Ajax were incredible. Who is more excited, @Danimal5981or @subpop watching Ajax run over Madrid?

I'm sure nobody watched the other match but Dortmund look lost. A game they must score and they didn't even get one. The league is going to Bayern again unless something drastic changes.

Didn’t see it, but sounded like Lloris had a big first half and kept a few out, but Dortmund did nothing in the second half.
  • LAboog4

Didn’t see it, but sounded like Lloris had a big first half and kept a few out, but Dortmund did nothing in the second half.

Pretty much spot on. Lloris made some great saves, Vertoghen had a crucial last minute tackle that saved a shot and Davies blocked on a shot going into an open net in the first half. After the Kane goal, Dortmund pretty much stopped going all out.

Spurs are the first North London team to advance past the round of 16 since they did it in 2011. Pretty much the only stat they hold over Arsenal.

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up

I bet it was @Danimal5981 as it was his team after all, but I can't deny I enjoyed it. It was a great week... two victories in the Clásicos (Copa and Liga) and now this.

Madrid have nothing to do anymore and it is just early March. In one week, all season to the garbage. It tastes great.

As I don't think it will be easy to defeat Lyon, I remain calm. But we are in a Copa final and LaLiga is in the right direction after winning at the Bernabéu.
  • Danimal5981
    2244 posts Fans' Favourite

Man, I am over the moon... I still am not sure if it's true or not.

Ajax once had a legendary game in late 1995. As defending Champions League winner we defeated Real Madrid 0-2 in Bernabeu - that often is hailed as Ajax' best game ever...., until yesterday.

Almost 24 years later, Ajax pulled what must be the biggest stunt in this season's Champions League, 4-1 in Madrid against the CL-winner of the last 3 seasons. I am in disbelief and I don't remember the last bits of last night after the game, which is also a first in a long while...
  • Danimal5981
    On a side note: Jaap Stam confirmed as new manager of Feyen**rd for next season.
  • LAboog4
    I'm pull for Tottenham v Ajax in the next round. I'm a sucker for the "players facing their old club" story.

Poch trying to be like Wenger again. Received a 2 game ban for his rant against Dean and will miss the Liverpool game. Last manager to attack Dean was Wenger in 2017 and banned 3 games.
  • LAboog4
    I can't believe United pulled that out. PSG might be looking for a new manager soon
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    edited March 6
    Alastair wrote: »
    1. Liverpool bottle the league
    2. City win the league
    3. Spurs miss out on the top 4
    4. United and Arsenal come third and fourth (not sure which order)
    5. Chelsea and Spurs come 5th and 6th (not sure which order)
    6. Huddersfield, Fulham and Brighton go down
    7. United win the FA Cup
    8. United surprise people against PSG next week (not saying they’ll win just what happens will be a surprise)
    9. Liverpool bottle the CL
    10. Feel like I need a 10th so we’ll say a Scouser has an altercation with a Liverpool player.

1 out of 10 done already. ;)
  • LAboog4
    edited March 6
    2. City win the league
    7. United win the FA Cup
    8. United surprise people against PSG next week (not saying they’ll win just what happens will be a surprise)
    10. Feel like I need a 10th so we’ll say a Scouser has an altercation with a Liverpool player.

I bet you get 6/10 right.
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    2. City win the league
    7. United win the FA Cup

Which 6 out of interest?
  • Wyojasond
    I had a feeling you guys would get the result today. For all the talk of bottlers lately, there might not be a team better at that then PSG. Massive result. Just hope we can follow you guys in next week
  • Danimal5981
    Get your *ss out of US-UK territory: that's where the future Europe's best will be found: outisde UK, that is.

Barça - Atléti - Ajax or Bayern. Sweet dreams, English speaking nations...
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    2. City win the league
    7. United win the FA Cup

Which 6 out of interest?
  • LAboog4
    Ashy wrote: »
    2. City win the league
    7. United win the FA Cup

Which 6 out of interest?

Nailed it.
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    In the last 24 hours both the PL and UEFA have now launched FFP investigations into City.

Anyone know what realistically the PL could penalise them with? Obviously UEFA can only do a European ban.
  • dannyboy
    12827 posts Has That Special Something
    In the last 24 hours both the PL and UEFA have now launched FFP investigations into City.

Anyone know what realistically the PL could penalise them with? Obviously UEFA can only do a European ban.

Points deduction would probably be the most serious punishment but doubt they'd do it at this stage. Most likely they'll do what they always do when something controversial happens: nothing.
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Point deduction would hit them hard
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    Any points deduction would be next season now. Any investigation will take a few months. We’ll probably hear something around June/July.
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    Credit to @SDoofus for seeing this somewhere but apparently the guy who leaked that Ronaldo was moving to Juve has said the same source has told him Pep is going there in the summer. :joy:
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Let's say they get a 10 point deduction next season, that allows the likes of Liverpool and maybe others to go on and win the league
  • Wyojasond
    It’ll be a 13k fine most likely 🙄🤦‍♂️
  • Wyojasond
    I guess coming back to this discussion about City, Chelsea had there appeal denied recently. Maybe UEFA and the others boards are finally starting to take a stand.

I remember seeing a tweet when the Chelsea ban broke that 3-4 other teams were being heavily investigated as well. Have to feel like that is most likely the rest of the big 6 maybe minus Spurs 🤷‍♂️ Could be an interesting few months.

On that note it’s given me a fun idea for a story for next year 😂
  • LAboog4
    I guess coming back to this discussion about City, Chelsea had there appeal denied recently. Maybe UEFA and the others boards are finally starting to take a stand.

I remember seeing a tweet when the Chelsea ban broke that 3-4 other teams were being heavily investigated as well. Have to feel like that is most likely the rest of the big 6 maybe minus Spurs 🤷‍♂️ Could be an interesting few months.

I don't know if Liverpool would be investigated but I can see United, City and Chelsea for sure. Liverpool and Arsenal have money from America with owners who are involved in other sports as well so I think they would be less likely to break rules.

Spurs just don't spend money so it would be shocking if they got in trouble.
  • Wyojasond

I don't know if Liverpool would be investigated but I can see United, City and Chelsea for sure. Liverpool and Arsenal have money from America with owners who are involved in other sports as well so I think they would be less likely to break rules.

Spurs just don't spend money so it would be shocking if they got in trouble.

I was trying to remember last year. I thought United and Liverpool had been hit with some bans or fines for recruiting of younger players but pretty sure those were handled already. More along the line of 12-13 year olds and stuff like that. While I have no problem with them being more strict, even if it affects my team, it’s a shame to see so many Spanish sides get off light the last few years while it’s looking plausible to see the English sides severely punished (if the same things happen like they did with Chelsea)
  • Wyojasond
    What do you guys think who saw the United/Arsenal game.... Penalty or no?

It was pretty soft, but I think it was the right call. Lacazette got ahead of Fred and he put his hands on his back, think you have to call it. Again soft, and I’d be bummed as a fan to see it but think it was the right call.
  • LAboog4
    What do you guys think who saw the United/Arsenal game.... Penalty or no?

It was pretty soft, but I think it was the right call. Lacazette got ahead of Fred and he put his hands on his back, think you have to call it. Again soft, and I’d be bummed as a fan to see it but think it was the right call.

I didn't see it but one of my Arsenal friends texted me saying how bad Moss is as a ref but for once it helped Arsenal.
  • WestardLord
    1505 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 11
    So I'm thinking of doing a CM story "by committee" at some point. I'll try to get some people from the FIFACareers subreddit involved too.

The idea is we do it from the perspective of a sports acquisition group, we do a "financial takeover" of an EFL club, hire a coach, update the branding and kits, select the players and manage the squad collectively by voting. Similar to the way many other users have done here, but this would be more extensive and you as the reader would have much more of a say in what happens, even with things like the style of play, formation, and roster rules.

Would anyone find that interesting?

The only issue is it would take forever to get through a season if we vote on everything. Trying to think about a more efficient way to do it. I'll have to wait until FIFA 20 (unless there are no improvements to career mode, in which case I may even go back to FIFA 18 because it's more moddable on PC).