FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    @subpop Barca really don’t want to lose players again do they. Jordi Alba £500m release clause 😂
  • Ashy
    8590 posts League Winner
    1. City win the league on the final day of the season.
    2. Tottenham do enough to finish 3rd
    3. Man Utd grind out 4th due to getting knocked out of the UCL and focusing on the league while Arsenal and Chelsea are distracted by EL.
    4. City finally win the UCL and here is a very bold prediction, they win the FA cup and in all the QUADRUPLE
    5. Brighton, Fulham and Huddersfield go down
    6. Aguero edges Salah and Kane for the golden boot
    7. Atletico Madrid lose to City in the UCL final, once again so close yet so far away.
    8. Spurs surprise UCL run ends in the semi finals
    9. Inter Milan win Europa League
    10. Leeds United bottle promotion
  • LAboog4
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    Crazy finish to the NLD. Horrible ref all game shows why VAR is needed in the PL. Still Arsenal had a chance to win until Aubameyang's terrible penalty, that looked slow enough that any average keeper would save it.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Crazy finish to the NLD. Horrible ref all game shows why VAR is needed in the PL. Still Arsenal had a chance to win until Aubameyang's terrible penalty, that looked slow enough that any average keeper would save it.

That Auba penalty was tough to watch. Both penalty calls were horrible today though. Arsenal was the better team, and credit to there defense they made some big stops today.
  • WestardLord
    1212 posts Professional
    edited March 2
    How in the hell was Vertonghen not called out for rushing into Auba's penalty? He even cleared the ball a few seconds later.

Ridiculous ref
  • LAboog4
    How in the hell was Vertonghen not called out for rushing into Auba's penalty? He even cleared the ball a few seconds later.

Ridiculous ref

Looking at Twitter, ref had a nightmare and I'm glas both managers called for VAR. Xhaka should have had a card very early, during Kanes penalty Arsenal players were in the box, during Aubameyang's penalty Vertoghen and Iwobi were in the box. And that's not even counting all the bad missed foul calls both ways.

The ONE call I think the ref got right that people are saying was wrong is the penalty not being offside. Going by the letter of the law that the FA released, if a foul occurs before the player made an attempt or touched the ball, it's a foul. Going by this, if the ref ruled it a foul before Kane jumped for the ball then he was right with the penalty.

Obviously nobody knows what he was looking at or when he blew the whistle for sure but if he was going by this rule then he did get one right among all the missed.

Arsenal should be kicking themselves either way. Lacazette missed two he should have buried and then the penalty was pathetic. Vertoghen had nothing to do with the terrible, soft kick.
  • Alastair
    9630 posts Moderator
    @Wyojasond Sorry to hear about the result. At this time I think the best thing I can do is send you a comforting gif from one of your clubs legends.
    giphy.gif
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »
    @Wyojasond Sorry to hear about the result. At this time I think the best thing I can do is send you a comforting gif from one of your clubs legends.
    giphy.gif

😂 it was a crap performance again. Klopp just giving you guys ammo too with the wind excuse again 🤦‍♂️ like I appreciate he tries to take it off the players but I mean come on.
  • Alastair
    9630 posts Moderator
    giphy.gif

😂 it was a crap performance again. Klopp just giving you guys ammo too with the wind excuse again 🤦‍♂️ like I appreciate he tries to take it off the players but I mean come on.

Klopp's a laughing stock. I've lost all respect for him with his excuses this season.
  • LAboog4
    I don't think Klopp is trying to take it off the players anymore. He's just a really sore loser, he always has been but people looked past it for so long.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    I get why people want to give him crap but we’ve literally lost one game in the league all year 😂, to the team in first. Any other year without the crazy team that is City we’d be talking about Liverpool cruising to the title.

• LAboog4
    I get why people want to give him crap but we’ve literally lost one game in the league all year 😂, to the team in first. Any other year without the crazy team that is City we’d be talking about Liverpool cruising to the title.

I just think that is the trend the PL is going. The year Arsenal finished 5th they set a record for points outside the top 4. One of the year's Tottenham finished 2nd or 3rd (can't remember) they set a record for points to not win the title. The top 6 seems to be separating themselves more and more from the rest of the league and that is causing for much higher point totals.

I also don't think people say Klopp is a bad manager or hate him for how he manages. It's the terrible excuses every time Liverpool drop points, something that has been going on for the past few seasons. The pitch is either too dry, wind is too strong or United had too many injuries. It seems like people also don't want Liverpool to win because they haven't won the PL yet and it is something Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City can hold over Liverpool for as long as they don't win it.

I personally don't want them to win because the majority of the media (that I watch) are former Liverpool and Arsenal players that are very bias and annoying. :)
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    LAboog4 wrote: »

I just think that is the trend the PL is going. The year Arsenal finished 5th they set a record for points outside the top 4. One of the year's Tottenham finished 2nd or 3rd (can't remember) they set a record for points to not win the title. The top 6 seems to be separating themselves more and more from the rest of the league and that is causing for much higher point totals.

I also don't think people say Klopp is a bad manager or hate him for how he manages. It's the terrible excuses every time Liverpool drop points, something that has been going on for the past few seasons. The pitch is either too dry, wind is too strong or United had too many injuries. It seems like people also don't want Liverpool to win because they haven't won the PL yet and it is something Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City can hold over Liverpool for as long as they don't win it.

I personally don't want them to win because the majority of the media (that I watch) are former Liverpool and Arsenal players that are very bias and annoying. :)

😂 I get that. Trust me, Liverpool fans are getting a good laugh about Klopps excuses too. The top 6 this year are separated more than I ever remember. Any given weekend you’d say one could beat the other, which is why we have an actual title race and a pretty epic top 4 battle shaping up.

Having seen some of the fans in the real football section here, I get all the hate on Liverpool fans at time (not that United ones are much better 🙄)

I said last week we were gonna need to win at least 9 out of 10 to take the title home. I think City has a draw left in them, but we missed a major chance today. Crazy to think we could lose the league only losing one game all year but it’s looking like a real possibility 🤦‍♂️
  • Alastair
    9630 posts Moderator
    Having seen some of the fans in the real football section here, I get all the hate on Liverpool fans at time (not that United ones are much better 🙄)

What I’d say about this is most United fans on there aren’t British. Think it’s mainly the overseas United fans who are a problem. Mancunians (both United and City) are some of the most passionate, intelligent football people around from my experience. You can have a good discussion about whatever with most of them.

Whereas it’s the Scousers/domestic fans who give Liverpool fans their reputation. Think Leeds fans are pretty similar.

Everton, the Birmingham clubs and Geordie fans are normally some of the most knowledgeable as well from my experience.
  • dannyboy
    12748 posts Has That Special Something
    Bit racist that
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    The forums in general just tend to bring out the worst in people and you honestly can’t tell sometimes when people are being serious or just taking a ****.

I think the one thing this whole season that has cracked me up about United fans is how they are all so willing to lose to City if it means stopping Liverpool from winning the title. Now I get the rivalry, but United hasn’t finished ahead of City in the standings in what, 6-7 years. You’d think the fans would want them knocked down a notch. They are more a threat of dominating the league then us.

Only thing I can generally come up with is that Manchester is truly blue now and they don’t want to fall behind another rival 😂
  • Alastair
    9630 posts Moderator
    United and City don’t really have a rivalry as such. They’ve not really got a history against each other. City also don’t have that many fans in Manchester. Maybe 1/5 of the City is blue from my experience.

The Manchester v Liverpool rivalry is cultural and more than just football which is why it is bigger.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    United and City don’t really have a rivalry as such. They’ve not really got a history against each other. City also don’t have that many fans in Manchester. Maybe 1/5 of the City is blue from my experience.

The Manchester v Liverpool rivalry is cultural and more than just football which is why it is bigger.

And like I said, I get that. Even as someone new coming in I knew the rivalry was huge, but even if you don’t consider City as big of a rival, they are now the best team in Manchester and have been for awhile. Wouldn’t you prefer to see them knocked down a bit??.
  • Alastair
    9630 posts Moderator

And like I said, I get that. Even as someone new coming in I knew the rivalry was huge, but even if you don’t consider City as big of a rival, they are now the best team in Manchester and have been for awhile. Wouldn’t you prefer to see them knocked down a bit??.

I think the whole of England wants to see them knocked down but you need two sets of fans to have a rivalry. Liverpool have a lot more fans so the rivalry is much bigger.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner

I think the whole of England wants to see them knocked down but you need two sets of fans to have a rivalry. Liverpool have a lot more fans so the rivalry is much bigger.

Ok, I get in line with that 😂
  • LAboog4
    Then there are people like me who don't really have a PL club (dad's side support Spurs but mom's side are all Bundesliga) and I just want to see the two biggest fanbases in crisis. 😂

I respect United because of the recent history but I started disliking Liverpool when Klopp came over. Also seeing Liverpool fans on Twitter call Spurs "bottlers" is very amusing considering both sides recent history.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up

Why cultural? In which sense? In LaLiga, Barcelona v Real Madrid is a game that represent Catalonia v Castille (or Spain), left v right, federalism v centralism... two different ways to see life.
  • dannyboy
    12748 posts Has That Special Something
    There's been a rivalry between the two cities since the industrial revolution, because of a ship canal of all things
  • Alastair
    9630 posts Moderator
    edited March 5
    Yeah basically what Walter said. Liverpool was the big dock city in the early 1800s and Manchester a small town. Some Manchester businessmen built the Manchester Ship Canal from Liverpool to Manc. A lot of ships then switched to Manc. Factories developed in Manc (Manc was the Home if the industrial revolution) and its economy flourished as it became the UK’s second city whilst Licerpool’s Economy fell away.

The people of Liverpool and Manchester have hated each other since long before football began.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Ajax gonna end Madrid’s title reign tonight @Danimal5981?
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    😎😎😎 that second Ajax goal was a thing of beauty. Brilliant from Tadic
  • DB1512
    247 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What a start for Ajax! Did not expect this from the Amsterdammers.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    This is crazy impressive from Ajax. They are playing some gorgeous football right now 😎
  • LAboog4
    Ajax are looking very good. Trying to watch both games at once. BvB came out very aggressive but Spurs defending has been very good.

Kane might have ended it though with the early goal this second half.