FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Crazy what’s going on with Kepa and Sarri 😮😂
  • dannyboy
    12747 posts Has That Special Something
    He should just resign if he isn't getting sacked, no point in managing these buffoons.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    dannyboy wrote: »
    He should just resign if he isn't getting sacked, no point in managing these buffoons.

Agreed. That whole team should be disbanded. Recall the loan army and restart 😂
  • LAboog4
    472 posts Sunday League Hero
    I feel for Sarri. Things were going well for him today, the team showed fight and were right in it. Then Kepa does this and now it's all chaos again with another important match only days away.

He deserves better than these players.
  • Alastair
    9629 posts Moderator
    Klopp really is a special character, I’ve never seen a manager blame opposition injuries before. :joy;

• LAboog4
    Alastair wrote: »
    Klopp really is a special character, I’ve never seen a manager blame opposition injuries before. :joy;

The full article I read made sense but also made Klopp look bad as I manager I thought. Yes, all the injuries broke the rhythm of the game and Liverpool could not play the uptempo like they wanted so on that point I understand what he was saying.

But with that, he said the gameplan was ruined and Liverpool did not know how to react or play against this new United side. What was Klopp doing at HT? Why didn't he make adjustments? Does he really need a few days to prepare and then just hope the initial gameplan works?
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner

All of that was taken so out of context. I watched the interview and I felt like he was talking more about Firmino going out then United’s injuries.

He was pissed after the game (during it too) we played horribly and deserved to lose that game. A point at old trafford is fine but given everything that happened we should’ve walked out with 3 points. I feel like the tactics were fine, the players just weren’t up for it 😡
  • LAboog4

All of that was taken so out of context. I watched the interview and I felt like he was talking more about Firmino going out then United’s injuries.

He was pissed after the game (during it too) we played horribly and deserved to lose that game. A point at old trafford is fine but given everything that happened we should’ve walked out with 3 points. I feel like the tactics were fine, the players just weren’t up for it 😡

That might have been the worse game I've seen Salah play in red.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    LAboog4 wrote: »

That might have been the worse game I've seen Salah play in red.

Yeah Shaw owned him. It was pathetic. Mane wasn’t much better and without Firmino in there to link up with them we were trash. Bobby brings that front three together but even he is having a tough year. Shows how good our defense has been that were top of the table 😂
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    I’m having such a hard time continuing my story currently. I’m well into the next season currently and almost every team is playing there backups more than there starters......in all games, not just against me.

I quite enjoy the gameplay this year but I have become more and more disenchanted with the CM mode as the year has gone on. Nothing new as this seems to happen year after year.

I’m sure I’ll keep playing but it’s just discouraging trying to keep things realistic when everything around you isn’t even close 🤦‍♂️
  • Ashy
    8590 posts League Winner
    I’m having such a hard time continuing my story currently. I’m well into the next season currently and almost every team is playing there backups more than there starters......in all games, not just against me.

I quite enjoy the gameplay this year but I have become more and more disenchanted with the CM mode as the year has gone on. Nothing new as this seems to happen year after year.

I’m sure I’ll keep playing but it’s just discouraging trying to keep things realistic when everything around you isn’t even close 🤦‍♂️

It is annoying, I've noticed this more with the PL that is why I avoid that league right now, it's mainly the big teams that rest key players, in my story the only big team really is PSG and they play their strongest line up generally, may rest 2-3 key players for some reason but the ones coming in are good enough it's not like it's a random 65 rated youth player.

I'm not sure why they do this they need to add something in the code where the highest rated player plays unless their stamina is lower than let's say 75% then the next best player in that position plays, for cup games rest key players only during the first few rounds.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    😮 I honestly didn’t think we’d see Huddersfield win again this year
  • LAboog4
    @wyojasond " if you have two controllers, you can set the CPU team lineup before the match. It's a little annoying having to turn the second controller off right before kickoff everytime but playing realistic lineups and tactics makes it worth it.

Also like @Ashy said, PL is the worst for some reason. Even the standings are the worst in the PL in terms of being realistic. Other leagues have the best teams usually at the top, PL always has random teams and Liverpool being terrible.
  • LAboog4
    @subpop I saw an article on Twitter saying Barca are being charged with insufficient organization for the UCL match against Spurs but I couldn't find any other details on it. Know anything about it? What happened?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    @subpop I saw an article on Twitter saying Barca are being charged with insufficient organization for the UCL match against Spurs but I couldn't find any other details on it. Know anything about it? What happened?

I don't know the detauls. I read the same news: Spurs denounce Barça for insufficient organization... but the article I read didn't have more details. It also said that Barcelona might face a warning or a small fine, so I guess it is nothing relevant. Perhaps we 'forgot' to give Pochettino toilet paper... who knows? :D

On the lineup issue, I didn't have this problem in LaLiga or Serie A. I had it other editions when I faced big teams with small clubs though.

But it is evident that the career mode script is broken... idiot fixtures, signings, lineups. With only some interest on it, they should fix it.
  • Alastair
    9629 posts Moderator
    😮 I honestly didn’t think we’d see Huddersfield win again this year

One of my friends is a Huddersfield STH. Sounds like the atmosphere after that goal was crazy.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Trippier just ended Spurs title hopes 😂
  • Danimal5981
    2060 posts Fans' Favourite
    Revenge! Semi final, Dutch Cup: Feyenoord - Ajax 0-3 (0-1)
  • LAboog4

Pretty sure Wolves ended Spurs title hopes then Liverpool gave them back and Burnley ended them again. Spurs need to focus on finishing 3rd or they can find themselves falling to 5th soon.

Arsenal have the easiest schedule remaining out of the big 6, after Spurs and United this next week they don't play another top 6 side.

Spurs play at Liverpool and City still, they need to win Saturday to keep control of 3rd.
  • subpop
    Revenge! Semi final, Dutch Cup: Feyenoord - Ajax 0-3 (0-1)

Connection.

Real Madrid 0-3 Barcelona. Copa del Rey seminal.

Santiago Bernabéu... our little garden. B)
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner

Pretty sure Wolves ended Spurs title hopes then Liverpool gave them back and Burnley ended them again. Spurs need to focus on finishing 3rd or they can find themselves falling to 5th soon.

Arsenal have the easiest schedule remaining out of the big 6, after Spurs and United this next week they don't play another top 6 side.

Spurs play at Liverpool and City still, they need to win Saturday to keep control of 3rd.

Yeah if Arsenal get past United they have such an easy remaining schedule, but they do have to deal with the Europa League. Emery will have to decide after that United game which is more doable. 4th or qualify for the CL from the Europa.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    Ok boys only 10 games left in the PL season (besides Chelsea and Brighton). How do you see it all shaking out. We have great battles all over the table like nothing I’ve seen in over 5 years.

As big of a Liverpool fan as I am I’m not sure we hold off City to the title. That being said, yesterday showed they aren’t the same team they were last year either (even though the quadruple is still squarely in there sights.

Here’s my predictions.

1) City wins the title
    2) Spurs hang onto 3rd while Arsenal squeezes into 4th late in the year
    3) Fulham and Huddersfield are done for but who takes the last spot? As much as I hate to say it, Brighton have started to look real shaky lately. It’s them or Cardiff I think.
    4) ManU just miss out on top 4 but shock City in the FA Cup
    5) lastly I think spurs might surprise us all and make a run in the CL. Also I have a feeling Chelsea wins the Europa league
  • dannyboy
    12747 posts Has That Special Something
    Liverpool win the title.
    Spurs 3rd.
    Hope Southampton go down but doubt it.
  • Alastair
    9629 posts Moderator
    edited February 28
    1. Liverpool bottle the league
    2. City win the league
    3. Spurs miss out on the top 4
    4. United and Arsenal come third and fourth (not sure which order)
    5. Chelsea and Spurs come 5th and 6th (not sure which order)
    6. Huddersfield, Fulham and Brighton go down
    7. United win the FA Cup
    8. United surprise people against PSG next week (not saying they’ll win just what happens will be a surprise)
    9. Liverpool bottle the CL
    10. Feel like I need a 10th so we’ll say a Scouser has an altercation with a Liverpool player.
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    2. City win the league
    7. United win the FA Cup
    8. United surprise people against PSG next week (not saying they’ll win just what happens will be a surprise)
    10. Feel like I need a 10th so we’ll say a Scouser has an altercation with a Liverpool player.

i-hate-so-much-about-the-things-you-choose-to-be-gif-10.gif
  • Wyojasond
    9767 posts League Winner
    2. City win the league
    7. United win the FA Cup

I will say that I think United do have a chance to get a result. I think Ole is gonna throw a lot at PSG early. I expect PSG to sit back and absorb and try to hit you on the counter again, so how you handle Mbappe will be key.
  • LAboog4
    1. City win the league with a game to spare. Non-Liverpool fans say Liverpool bottled it. Liverpool fans say they made great improvements from last season.
    2. Spurs finish 3rd with a late season push. I can see them dropping points this weekend and people writing them off for top 4. Which is when they play at their best.
    3. Chelsea miss out on top 4 along with United. United will crash from UCL this round and start to lose momentum.
    4. Arsenal finish 4th. They will advance to the next round of Europa before losing and finishing the season strong thanks to a very favorable schedule.
    5. Liverpool lose to Bayern (more a hope than a real prediction)
    6. City make it to the UCL final losing to Barca.
    7. Spurs lose to eventual winners Barca (whenever they are drawn against them)
    8. Fulham, Huddersfield and Southampton go down.
  • subpop
    1. City win the league with a game to spare. Non-Liverpool fans say Liverpool bottled it. Liverpool fans say they made great improvements from last season.
    2. Spurs finish 3rd with a late season push. I can see them dropping points this weekend and people writing them off for top 4. Which is when they play at their best.
    3. Chelsea miss out on top 4 along with United. United will crash from UCL this round and start to lose momentum.
    4. Arsenal finish 4th. They will advance to the next round of Europa before losing and finishing the season strong thanks to a very favorable schedule.
    5. Liverpool lose to Bayern (more a hope than a real prediction)
    6. City make it to the UCL final losing to Barca.
    7. Spurs lose to eventual winners Barca (whenever they are drawn against them)
    8. Fulham, Huddersfield and Southampton go down.

I wish you are right. I don't see it yet.