FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Wyojasond
    10763 posts Has That Special Something
    No way we’ll have a better goal differential than Man City if it comes to a tie. I actually think Chelsea is gonna focus mainly on the Europa from here on out. Also I kinda disagree, it seems like a tough Europa group this year. Last 8 will be very tough I feel like
  • Alastair
    9988 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    @Alastair can't believe you think United will win every game from now

Who can you see them losing to? City is the only one I was even slightly unsure of.

Might be bias but I think you'll lose or draw to us at the Emirates, Sokratis will be back by then and most of our injured players returned, we are very strong at home in the PL

Man Utd at home against City and Liverpool I had as draws and I think Wolves away is tough could be a draw

Maybe you’ve forgotten the FA Cup when United reserves beat you. ;)

Not sure why but I’ve got a feeling the Liverpool game will be something like 3-0. The City one will be decided by a single goal one way or the other.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No way we’ll have a better goal differential than Man City if it comes to a tie. I actually think Chelsea is gonna focus mainly on the Europa from here on out. Also I kinda disagree, it seems like a tough Europa group this year. Last 8 will be very tough I feel like

I agree on the goal differential but this app did not take that in I guess. I can see both Chelsea and Arsenal focusing on Europa which is great for United who I think has a deeper squad than both.

The Europa league I think has big names left but the quality of those teams is not as good as expected this year. A lot of odds are putting Arsenal as the favorites to win it all. The 5th best team in England should not be a favorite in Europa IMO.

But then again, crazy things always happen in Europe.
  • Ashy
    9223 posts League Winner
    edited February 11
    @Alastair can't believe you think United will win every game from now

Who can you see them losing to? City is the only one I was even slightly unsure of.

Might be bias but I think you'll lose or draw to us at the Emirates, Sokratis will be back by then and most of our injured players returned, we are very strong at home in the PL

Man Utd at home against City and Liverpool I had as draws and I think Wolves away is tough could be a draw

Maybe you’ve forgotten the FA Cup when United reserves beat you. ;)

Not sure why but I’ve got a feeling the Liverpool game will be something like 3-0. The City one will be decided by a single goal one way or the other.

Wouldn't say reserves you didn't have 3 of your best 11, De Gea, Rashford and Martial, two of which came on later in the game. FA Cup is a whole different ball game to a 6 pointer for UCL next year, lets see what happens and how close our productions end up
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    @Danimal5981

So how do you see the upcoming Ajax-Real Madrid? The damn Real Madrid have improved massively since last time we talked about it. I already had doubts about Ajax defeating a poor Real Madrid, but considering the recent form of Real Madrid, I see it as a dream now. I wish I'm wrong, but...
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 12
    subpop wrote: »
    @Danimal5981

So how do you see the upcoming Ajax-Real Madrid? The damn Real Madrid have improved massively since last time we talked about it. I already had doubts about Ajax defeating a poor Real Madrid, but considering the recent form of Real Madrid, I see it as a dream now. I wish I'm wrong, but...

I think it's a blessing in disguise. Ajax has slipped three times now in the new year and three times is the charm. A wake up call if you will. I think Ajax will have a renaissance. Heerenveen and Heracles were pure underestimation. 010 has really gave us a good trashing, but even there our opening 15 minutes were good.

Real Madrid is a team to our liking in terms of style (of course not the level of quality) - they don't press too much up, they don't depend on possession, but they're lethal on the counter strike. So, if Ajax plays its possession game, don't press too high so not to be vulnerable for counter attacks, I think we're going to see a small win for Ajax.
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Not everything is archived though. Think most threads only have the first page saved, some might have more (especially the older ones).

@dannyboy Where can I find that?
  • dannyboy
    12796 posts Has That Special Something
    chokosc wrote: »
    Not everything is archived though. Think most threads only have the first page saved, some might have more (especially the older ones).

https://web.archive.org/

https://web.archive.org/web/20100715085617/http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-manager-mode

That's the 09 forum, if the link works. That link was archived in 2010 but you can scroll back to different dates.
  • Wyojasond
  • Ashy
    9223 posts League Winner
    EA Sports it's in the game...
  • Wyojasond
    So does United put a beating on PSG with Neymar and Cavani out?
  • Alastair
    9988 posts Moderator

3-0 easy win.
  • Ashy
    9223 posts League Winner
    Alot of people ruling out PSG but I think they come away with something from that, it's going to be a low scoring game I think maybe 0-0 or 1-1. Mbappe is the man leading the line so it will be all about his service, I do rate the PSG defence to do well tonight.

Buffon
    Keher - Silva - Kimpembe - Bernat
    With Marquinhos in front
  • Wyojasond
    If Ole comes out of this tough stretch with a couple of bad losses, do you still take him as your manager? Obviously if he wins them you have to give him the job.
  • Alastair
    9988 posts Moderator
    If Ole comes out of this tough stretch with a couple of bad losses, do you still take him as your manager? Obviously if he wins them you have to give him the job.

He's already got the job.

He deserves it whatever now. Give him a minimum of three years without being sacked.
  • LAboog4
    I think Spurs fans are the happiest with United right now, Poch will likely stay for sure.

Tonight is big for Pogba IMO. In the past it was easy to play his manager or the tactic when he didn't perform well in big matches but no excuses tonight. I really like him so I hope he does well.

Mbappe going against Lindelof woll be interesting.
  • Ashy
    9223 posts League Winner
    If Madrid offer Poch the job in the summer it will be interesting, I think he knows they'll likely always come back in for him in the future so he isn't in a rush
  • Wyojasond
    Yeah I’m done guessing what’s gonna happen with Poch anymore 😂 I think Eriksen is more likely to leave than him at this point. Kane’s a lifer too I have a feeling.

I agree that I think Pogba needs a big game. He’s got a real chance to run that midfield with what PSG is putting out today. Id be more worried about Mbappe running at Bailly than Lindelof. Bailly always has a few good flails in him each game.
  • Wyojasond
    Good god. PSG is gonna gift United a goal here soon with the way they are playing out the back.
  • LAboog4
    This game might have more red cards then goals when it is over. Ref is very card happy and shooting is pretty poor so far.
  • Ashy
    9223 posts League Winner
    Tie is over I think, 2-0 away from home after losing key players in Neymar and Cavani. Pogba red seals it now.

Marquinhos and Verratti dominated midfield where Pogba should have, winger injuries may have cost United a chance in this tie which is a shame
  • Wyojasond

3-0 easy win.

Pogba got dominated tonight and showed what I think is his biggest weakness....mental strength. Ref was all over the place but a brilliant game plan by Tuchel tonight.

giphy.gif
  • LAboog4
    I understand frustration but Pogba needs to be smarter than that. Minutes left down 2, no reason to get a second yellow and cost the team in the next match.
  • Alastair
    9988 posts Moderator

3-0 easy win.

Pogba got dominated tonight and showed what I think is his biggest weakness....mental strength. Ref was all over the place but a brilliant game plan by Tuchel tonight.

giphy.gif

I didn’t say which team would win. ;)

Bit surprised tbh. Thought United would nick it. Ref had a shocker and the injuries were game changers.
  • chokosc
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    chokosc wrote: »

https://web.archive.org/

https://web.archive.org/web/20100715085617/http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-manager-mode

That's the 09 forum, if the link works. That link was archived in 2010 but you can scroll back to different dates.

My boy <3
  • Wyojasond
    Eager to see Ajax play today @Danimal5981. Hoping they do a number on Real. Not on Tv here as they are showing Spurs/Dortmund but hoping to watch it on the B/R app.
  • Wyojasond
    4 games into the season on my current story and was surprised to see Danny Ings as the leading scorer. Check out Liverpool’s team and see that Mane, Salah and Allison haven’t started a single game. Told ya EA has it out for Liverpool this year 😂😂😂

7oCKnfk.jpg
  • Danimal5981
    Eager to see Ajax play today @Danimal5981. Hoping they do a number on Real. Not on Tv here as they are showing Spurs/Dortmund but hoping to watch it on the B/R app.

@Wyojasond for the American continents, Ajax are transmitting the game via Facebook. Not allowed in Europe due to copyrights.
  • Danimal5981
    By the way, will future article 13 of European rules on copyright have huge influence on what we can and cannot post here (at least that part which is uploaded via image and video platforms) ? Is that being monitored/followed?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 13
    Robbery at Amsterdam... probably one of the greatest ever. How can he see an offisde there? Seriously... he's not charging the goalkeeper, not bothering him in any way... it's Courtois who looks for contact.

Real Madrid have no shame... not surprising though.