FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

  • Alastair
    9828 posts Moderator
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Easy win @Alastair

    Great stuff. Seeing the Seahawks had lost was just the news I wanted to wake up to.

    Guess you need an Eagles win tonight to get the 'easier' Rams.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    subpop wrote: »
    I just saw @WestardLord 's story and there's something I liked about it: he forced himself to sell Jovetic, because he had more than 4 non-EU players in his squad. We all know that FIFA does not put limits about this, but it does not happen in real life.

    I think everyone sets certain limitations, more or less objective, in order to make the stories more realisitic, because we all know that it's relatively easy to build a great team in a short period of time, if you don't put limits to the game, which ruins the experience a bit.

    It's evident that everyone can do whatever they please in their own stories. However, I thought that perhaps it would be interesting if those who want to make the stories realistic can come up with a set of rules to make the stories realistic.

    These rules should touch several aspects as:

    - Amount of professional players in the squad
    - Foreign player limitations (if the league you play have these limits)
    - Salaries (increase per season -or decrease, if that's the case-) depending on certain factors
    - Amount of signings per season and amounts offered to other clubs
    - Offers accepted from other clubs
    - Any other aspect you can think about.


    I'll try to come up with a draft project and, of course, feel free to add whatever you want.

    The aim is to have 1/3 home grown (8 players or more)
    Ajax works with a salary cap, € 30,000,- max
    When buying, Ajax never goes above a transfer fee of € 20,000,000,-
    When selling, Ajax classifies its players in four categories:
    A, crucial) never below 30m
    B, important) never below 10m
    C, other) against market value
    D, redundant) at any given price

    And these rules I try to uphold to keep it real
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I try to stick to the Premier League squad rules and Champions League rules in terms of squad size. It makes it much harder during the busy congested schedule as you start games withplayers not at 100% stamina.

    Transfers for Tottenham;
    I'm doing it different this season and "paying" off the stadium. Which means my profit must increase yearly. I am trying to find a number that is my end goal. After season 1 I'm going to see what my profit is and then decide on a total value I must reach over the next X number of years. (Any ideas or suggestions welcome)

    I never buy a big name. Try to only purchase young, cheap talent the scouts find.


    Interesting rules and it's nice you adapt them to the story you're developing... I've read them carefully in order to try to find something that could be extended to any other story.

    I am trying to find a set of ideas which may be objective in any story. This is why I asked about several factors:

    - Amount of professional players in the squad
    - Foreign player limitations (if the league you play have these limits)


    In this 2 cases, it's objective. You can find them in the internet (easier for bigger leagues). I think it's important to follow this rules, because, as @Stlducks said, huge squads of 35-40 players is something that does not happen in real life.



    - Salaries (increase per season -or decrease, if that's the case-) depending on certain factors

    I think this is a key factor. It's evident that there are lots of differences between clubs and leagues. In the latest stories I'm running, it's usually the Board who are setting this objective.

    I'm trying to figure out what would be an objective system. So, in overall terms, the cost of salaries of the clubs tend to grow at low rates. Only if the club is able to increase their prestige, the value of the brand, get a better TV deal, etc. can jump to a new level. And it would still should be step by step.

    For example, when I look at the salaries of certain top clubs, even the reserve players tend to earn a LOT of money. So if you're in a smaller club, how can you convince them to sign them?

    In my last career mode, Real Sociedad and OM, before signing someone, I've checked the salaries of my team before I make an offer. In that sense, I found rejections sometimes... and in some other cases, the players had to accept a salary cut.

    At the end, we all know it should be easy to sign many players, but if you control your own salaries, life isn't so easy.

    I am still trying to think about an objective rule for this. So what do you think of this?

    - Salary increase of 5% per year. If your team wasn't playing the UCL in the previous season, the increase can go up to 10% in this first season. Then, return to 5%.
    - If your team was playing the UCL, but doesn't continue playing the competition next season, then the salaries should be reduced by a 5%.
    - In case your team was in a lower division, the salary increase should go a 10% from season to the next, except if the team jump to the top division, then the salary increase could go up to a 15%.


    - Amount of signings per season and amounts offered to other clubs
    - Offers accepted from other clubs


    Another key issue. Usually teams don't change much from one year to the next, although it depends on circumstances, of course.

    Signings and transfers

    Normally, in the Summer window, the starting XI of a team don't have more than 2 or 3 new players. Aside the starting XI, clubs may also invest in depth, so they may sign another 2 or 3 for bench or reserve players. This is in general terms. So, in overall terms, anything that goes over 4 or 5 players, I believe it's not very realistic.

    In the Winter window, the restrictions should be higher, because we all know that, in Winter, the clubs tend to block many transfers. Basically, more than 1 (and you can argue it is too much) starting players, or 2 or 3 if you add reserves, is quite unreal. There aren't many movements in this window.

    Then there're other cases to consider: young and "old" players. Let's be honest, there's a big error in FIFA... young players of top teams should not be as cheap as they are. We all know (and I did in previous stories) that you can sign a certain young player from a top club at very cheap price, so you can have a great team in 2 or 3 seasons only doing this. This is unreal, you're not going to sign Asensio, Mbappé, De Jong or whoever for 10-20 millions, it's impossible. It does not happen. However, the

    When it comes to sales, it also depends on several factors. It's evident it depends on the club you're. It's not the same if you are doing a story of a top and rich club, than doing it with a smaller club. It also depends on the league you are, because there're more prestigious leagues than others. Players usually move as a consequence of two mixed factors: money and prestige. Of course, sometimes smaller clubs tend to resist to sell their best players, but players usually force their departure in one way or another... and, in any case, smaller teams are forced to sell to make money. So I believe there must be a correction in this factor too.


    So... let's see if I can come up with something objective here:

    1) Purchasing players:

    a) Summer Window:

    - Starting XI (crucial and important players): 2 players maximum. Additionally, 1 or 2 more if you are forced to sell a player of your starting XI.

    - Rotation, reserve and young prospects players: 2 players maximum.

    - Free agents: Only 1, if they're going to be in the starting XI. One more, if they're going to be rotation or reserve.


    You must make a 140% starting offer if a transfer target is above the team rating. 130% if same rating. Minimum 110% if below but within 5 points. Outside of that, anything goes. The only exception is the existance of a release clause.

    If your team isn't in the UCL, you can't buy players from big or rich clubs/leagues unless they're reserves in their teams (I'll describe what is a big/rich team next).


    - Special cases:

    * Young players (22 or below): You can't approach young talents from big clubs/leagues until they are 23 or more.
    * Old players (28 or more): Whatever the game lets you do.

    What is a big or rich clubs/league?

    Teams from the top-4 leagues -Spain, England, Germany and Italy- and clubs from other leagues who are competing in the UCL and have a higher team rating than your own team.



    b) Winter Window:

    Starting XI: 1 player.

    Rotation and reserve: 1 player.

    In both situations, these players must be in specific situations, that is: bench or reserve players in their original team; or last year of their contracts; or come from smaller leagues or clubs.




    2) Selling players:

    - Reserve players: They must be sold if the offer is larger than or equal to 120% of the player's value, unless recently signed or deemed a crucial part of the team's future talent (must be younger than 21 and have a potential >=the team's rating).

    - Bench-rotation players: They must be sold if the offer is larger than or equal to 130% of the player's value, unless recently signed or deemed a crucial part of the team's future talent (must be younger than 23 and have a potential >=the team's rating).

    - Starting important and crucial players: IMPORTANT players must be sold if the offer is larger than or equal to 150% of the player's value, unless they are CRUCIAL, in which case you must still accept if the offer is at least 160% of the player's value. Same exceptions as in number 2. However, if you have already sold a starter this window, you can counter offer with an additional 15%. You are also allowed one reject per month of the window, to use at your discretion. In case you've already sold 2 starters, you are not forced to sell anymore.

    However, in case of rejections, after 2 different offers for the same player, you'll be forced to offer a contract renewal or extension in case these offers come from big/rich clubs as described earlier.



    3) Loans:

    I think it works much better nowadays. It's not very easy to get very good players on loan. So whatever works.



    Note: if the team is playing in lower divisions, the top/rich clubs are whoever is in a higher league tier.


    Please, give me feedback and tell me what you think of this or what changes would you introduce...

    Obviously, I'm trying to do something that might work for any story. Specific cases can make this change in a way or another.


  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    @subpop Great write up and ideas. I also like adding in a rule, during the first 3 windows of your career, you can pick certain players that the team will not sell under any circumstances. Obviously this is easier to do if you know the team well. Example: No way Spurs would sell Dele, Kane or Lloris this past year or this winter. Players are crucial, under new long contracts and are the heart of the team.

    With that said, I also put every player with 18 months or less on their contract on the 'transfer list'. You don't have to sell them unless a big qualifying offer comes in but putting them on this list attracts offers much like real life.
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    What @Stlducks said, I usually do for the first season, so that there are no fabricated transfers in the first winter window. In essence, anybody with crucial or important status has transfer bids blocked.

    But after that, anything is possible: for Ajax and the Dutch league in general, if anybody catches attention like currently De Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Lozano, Vilenha it's a matter of who puts down the right amount of money and off they go...

    However, in my story I use some elements of truth: PSV and Feyenoord are trying to catch up with Ajax by focusing on expanding or creating larger stadiums, which means all resources go to that and not to transfers. In other words, these clubs are more keen to sell which on the short term is creating a huge gap between Ajax and the rest in terms of squad quality.
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ah yeah, here we go again. Ajax blocks any bid for its five key players (Onana, De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech and Tadic), but are open to other bids - Max Wöber to Sevilla € 12 mln and David Neres to Guangzhou € 43 mln are more and more likely to happen - Paulinho, Anderson Talisca and Neres in one team, not bad...

    Defender (and Wöber's replacement) Lissandro Magallan of Boca Juniors is already in for € 8 mln and as replacement for Neres, Ajax target Mexico's largest talent Diego Lainez from Club America and are willing to pay € 15 mln. Only serious competition comes from Real Betis, as Olympique Lyon already has backed down.
  • Wyojasond
    9918 posts League Winner
    Ah yeah, here we go again. Ajax blocks any bid for its five key players (Onana, De Ligt, De Jong, Ziyech and Tadic), but are open to other bids - Max Wöber to Sevilla € 12 mln and David Neres to Guangzhou € 43 mln are more and more likely to happen - Paulinho, Anderson Talisca and Neres in one team, not bad...

    Defender (and Wöber's replacement) Lissandro Magallan of Boca Juniors is already in for € 8 mln and as replacement for Neres, Ajax target Mexico's largest talent Diego Lainez from Club America and are willing to pay € 15 mln. Only serious competition comes from Real Betis, as Olympique Lyon already has backed down.

    Whoa! Neres is off to China? Didn’t see that happening. Seemed like he was being linked with all the English teams last year but I haven’t heard much this year.
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hi guys, I've just registered for this forum and been through some stories and really like the work created. Don't know if there is someother topic for introduction (couldn't find it in this section) so I'll do it here.
    I'm a Fifa player who also likes to create a manager story, I'm from the Netherlands and previously posted my story on a Dutch Fifa forum called Fifabenelux. I'm 23 years old and study Business Administration. I'm a fan of the Eredivisie club sc Heerenveen and outside the Dutch borders I support Atlético Madrid and AC Milan. I'm planning to start a story of myself in the upcoming weeks, so until then I will read some of yours and try to participate in the discussions.

    Because I'm a non-native my English can contain some (grammatical) errors, feel free to correct me if I write things which don't make sense ;)
  • Alastair
    9828 posts Moderator
    So you may have seen this announcement.

    The aim with this is to move all off topic and real football discussion to those sections and keep the FIFA sections for FIFA discussion. Therefore chat threads should be in the OT section. Discussion of real football would be in the RF section. Discussion of Real Football which is related to CM/CMS will be fine in here though.

    One idea I had would was to rename this to the CMS Discussion Thread and keep it in this section. The vast majority (probably 80-90%) of the current discussion will be fine so I don't imagine this having much affect on the thread.

    What does everyone think about this?
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alastair wrote: »
    So you may have seen this announcement. What does everyone think about this?

    This part of everyone agrees.

    But for example: if I want to pick up on the discussion about Poch at Spurs, due to something I read in the CMS of @Stlducks would that be debated here, or in said new segment?
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 10
    DB1512 wrote: »
    I'm from the Netherlands and previously posted my story on a Dutch Fifa forum called Fifabenelux. I'm 23 years old and study Business Administration. I'm a fan of the Eredivisie club sc Heerenveen and outside the Dutch borders I support Atlético Madrid and AC Milan. I'm planning to start a story of myself in the upcoming weeks, so until then I will read some of yours and try to participate in the discussions.

    Because I'm a non-native my English can contain some (grammatical) errors, feel free to correct me if I write things which don't make sense ;)

    @DB1512 Finally, a compatriot (myself, born and raised in Amsterdam, living in Poland now...).
    Van harte welkom!

    Don't worry about lingual or typing errors: this international forum isn't too picky on that, compared to the Dutch ones. Adolescents pissing vinegar all the time, if you ask me. For that reason, I quit FBx and FV looooooong ago.

    However, we all do appreciate that the content of your career mode stories are correct: it can be all the fantasy you like, but the story itself needs to hold together in order to create a virtual reality, or alternate universe. Particularly @subpop and @WestardLord are good at that, but all the other stories are enjoyable to read as well.
  • Alastair
    9828 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »
    So you may have seen this announcement. What does everyone think about this?

    This part of everyone agrees.

    But for example: if I want to pick up on the discussion about Poch at Spurs, due to something I read in the CMS of @Stlducks would that be debated here, or in said new segment?

    If it’s related to CM/CMS feel free to post it here but if it’s purely speculation then the RF section. If it starts off about CMS then the odd post goes onto general real football stuff that’ll probably be fine but if it’s post after post about RF then this isn’t the best place.
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alastair wrote: »
    If it’s related to CM/CMS feel free to post it here but if it’s purely speculation then the RF section. If it starts off about CMS then the odd post goes onto general real football stuff that’ll probably be fine but if it’s post after post about RF then this isn’t the best place.

    I'm all for it, but the double answer suggests a lot more work for you admins and slightly more clear rules might be useful in order to avoid confusion.
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Welcome @DB1512 it is alwaysnice seeing new stories being posted.
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Alastair sorry missed the announcement till you mentioned it, trying to figure it all out on this forum at the moment. Will keep it in mind for the upcoming non-CMS related stuff I want to post on the forum.

    @Danimal5981 Nice to see other Dutch people in here, already had a strong sense you should be Dutch with your Ajax story in mind. Also nice to hear the absence of focussing on lingual and typing errors, this retained me of signing up earlier but looking forward to start a story here. At the FBx not those people you describe are annoying me, simply the fact there are almost no people left took me to the English Fifa community.


    However, we all do appreciate that the content of your career mode stories are correct: it can be all the fantasy you like, but the story itself needs to hold together in order to create a virtual reality, or alternate universe. Particularly @subpop and @WestardLord are good at that, but all the other stories are enjoyable to read as well.

    Do you mean with this part of your post the completeness of the story or that updates shouldn't be inconsistent with earlier updates? Saw in some stories the presence of news about other competitions, is this neccessary?

  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Do you mean with this part of your post the completeness of the story or that updates shouldn't be inconsistent with earlier updates? Saw in some stories the presence of news about other competitions, is this neccessary?

    rather completeness - and it's not necessary or required, it's appreciated. I like all the stories here.

    Of course I have personal favorites, but there's no one behaving in a way I would disapprove with, nor is there a single story that I find weak or bad.

  • Alastair
    9828 posts Moderator
    DB1512 wrote: »
    @Alastair sorry missed the announcement till you mentioned it, trying to figure it all out on this forum at the moment. Will keep it in mind for the upcoming non-CMS related stuff I want to post on the forum.

    @Danimal5981 Nice to see other Dutch people in here, already had a strong sense you should be Dutch with your Ajax story in mind. Also nice to hear the absence of focussing on lingual and typing errors, this retained me of signing up earlier but looking forward to start a story here. At the FBx not those people you describe are annoying me, simply the fact there are almost no people left took me to the English Fifa community.


    However, we all do appreciate that the content of your career mode stories are correct: it can be all the fantasy you like, but the story itself needs to hold together in order to create a virtual reality, or alternate universe. Particularly @subpop and @WestardLord are good at that, but all the other stories are enjoyable to read as well.

    Do you mean with this part of your post the completeness of the story or that updates shouldn't be inconsistent with earlier updates? Saw in some stories the presence of news about other competitions, is this neccessary?


    Welcome to the forums and this thread. :)

    What sort of things were you thinking about posting?

    As for updates on other competitions, in my stories I’ve always tended to do something at the end of the season covering who won the CL, EL, other leagues in my country and the big leagues in Europe. This is all optional though. Nothing is required in any story. It’s your story to do what you want with.

    The same sentiment goes for how you update; match by match, weekly, month, yearly, all are fine. Just do what suits you and the amount of time you have best.

    The best stories I’ve seen are the ones where the person enjoys doing them.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    So you may have seen this announcement.

    The aim with this is to move all off topic and real football discussion to those sections and keep the FIFA sections for FIFA discussion. Therefore chat threads should be in the OT section. Discussion of real football would be in the RF section. Discussion of Real Football which is related to CM/CMS will be fine in here though.

    One idea I had would was to rename this to the CMS Discussion Thread and keep it in this section. The vast majority (probably 80-90%) of the current discussion will be fine so I don't imagine this having much affect on the thread.

    What does everyone think about this?

    In my opinion, this solution probably is the best, if the other option is closing this thread.

    I guess and I hope that there's always certain flexibility though.

    Personally I like to exchange opinions about real football and/or offtopic issues with the members of the CMS section. I don't think it has never been a problem in this specific part of the forum (normally I don't even read the rest except for the CM forum from time to time). I can't remember trolls or people crossing the line. On the other side, it has been a good place to share thoughts with other guys who write their stories here.

    So this is why I believe that rules and order are necessary... as much as having intelligence to apply them. I believe this thread is an asset for the CMS forum and it would be sad to fix what is not broken.

    Please, don't take this as an attack to anyone, but as constructive opinion by someone who enjoys this place a lot.

    :)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I've just registered for this forum and been through some stories and really like the work created. Don't know if there is someother topic for introduction (couldn't find it in this section) so I'll do it here.
    I'm a Fifa player who also likes to create a manager story, I'm from the Netherlands and previously posted my story on a Dutch Fifa forum called Fifabenelux. I'm 23 years old and study Business Administration. I'm a fan of the Eredivisie club sc Heerenveen and outside the Dutch borders I support Atlético Madrid and AC Milan. I'm planning to start a story of myself in the upcoming weeks, so until then I will read some of yours and try to participate in the discussions.

    Because I'm a non-native my English can contain some (grammatical) errors, feel free to correct me if I write things which don't make sense ;)

    Hi and welcome.

    Don't worry about your English. Mine is worse for sure. :s

    You have to explain to me how a Dutch guy, as the Netherlands are Mecca of attacking football, can like Atletico. It could have been worse... you might have liked Real Madrid. :# Just joking.

    On the style of the story, as @Alastair said, the best usually are the ones you enjoy doing. Any other thing doesn't make sense. I see this as the extension of the game. I am one of those who create a context, even if it is not necessary. It just gives me something that the game doesn't.

    I personally took ideas from others. Things I didn't think about. And this is a good thing of this forum. But the most important is that you enjoy the experience.

    As @Danimal5981 said, I like most of the stories, each of them in their own style.

    And one more thing, I appreciate interaction too. I like to participate in other stories and read other people's comments/ideas/articles in mine. So if you like the stories of anyone else, don't hesitate to participate. :)
  • DB1512
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Alastair I wanted to write down 'if' I want to post on other parts of the forum. At the moment not planning to post on other parts of the forum. I think I'll wait until the january window has passed so the most recent transfers are up to date, until then content enough here to read and follow.
  • Alastair
    9828 posts Moderator
    subpop wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    So you may have seen this announcement.

    The aim with this is to move all off topic and real football discussion to those sections and keep the FIFA sections for FIFA discussion. Therefore chat threads should be in the OT section. Discussion of real football would be in the RF section. Discussion of Real Football which is related to CM/CMS will be fine in here though.

    One idea I had would was to rename this to the CMS Discussion Thread and keep it in this section. The vast majority (probably 80-90%) of the current discussion will be fine so I don't imagine this having much affect on the thread.

    What does everyone think about this?

    In my opinion, this solution probably is the best, if the other option is closing this thread.

    I guess and I hope that there's always certain flexibility though.

    Personally I like to exchange opinions about real football and/or offtopic issues with the members of the CMS section. I don't think it has never been a problem in this specific part of the forum (normally I don't even read the rest except for the CM forum from time to time). I can't remember trolls or people crossing the line. On the other side, it has been a good place to share thoughts with other guys who write their stories here.

    So this is why I believe that rules and order are necessary... as much as having intelligence to apply them. I believe this thread is an asset for the CMS forum and it would be sad to fix what is not broken.

    Please, don't take this as an attack to anyone, but as constructive opinion by someone who enjoys this place a lot.

    :)

    That’s pretty much how it’ll be.

    I can’t see any major changes being needed to this thread as almost all of the discussion is fine but it was just worth updating you all on this change. :)
  • Wyojasond
    9918 posts League Winner
    I really don’t think the chat in here needs to change much at all. Compared to most of the other chats on this forum ours has zero issues. Outside of the occasional random person that posts in the wrong place.

    I still plan on coming here to chat with you guys about rules I don’t understand and to give our United, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal fans flack every now and then 😛 I’d say City too but I think I’ve only ever seen one fan for them ever on all of the boards 😂

    I think all you have to do is look back to danimals post awhile ago that lead to all of us talking a bit more about ourselves to show how much different this chat is.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    subpop wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    So you may have seen this announcement.

    The aim with this is to move all off topic and real football discussion to those sections and keep the FIFA sections for FIFA discussion. Therefore chat threads should be in the OT section. Discussion of real football would be in the RF section. Discussion of Real Football which is related to CM/CMS will be fine in here though.

    One idea I had would was to rename this to the CMS Discussion Thread and keep it in this section. The vast majority (probably 80-90%) of the current discussion will be fine so I don't imagine this having much affect on the thread.

    What does everyone think about this?

    In my opinion, this solution probably is the best, if the other option is closing this thread.

    I guess and I hope that there's always certain flexibility though.

    Personally I like to exchange opinions about real football and/or offtopic issues with the members of the CMS section. I don't think it has never been a problem in this specific part of the forum (normally I don't even read the rest except for the CM forum from time to time). I can't remember trolls or people crossing the line. On the other side, it has been a good place to share thoughts with other guys who write their stories here.

    So this is why I believe that rules and order are necessary... as much as having intelligence to apply them. I believe this thread is an asset for the CMS forum and it would be sad to fix what is not broken.

    Please, don't take this as an attack to anyone, but as constructive opinion by someone who enjoys this place a lot.

    :)

    That’s pretty much how it’ll be.

    I can’t see any major changes being needed to this thread as almost all of the discussion is fine but it was just worth updating you all on this change. :)

    Thank you!!
  • Wyojasond
    9918 posts League Winner
    What’s your take on this @Danimal5981 and @Stlducks? I don’t see Kane leaving anymore after Spurs said they want 400m for him, but I think Eriksen is finally going to make the move to Spain. (Likely not til this summer) but I don’t remember spurs being linked to De Jong til now. Would be a great replacement.

  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thick air story if you ask me
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Agreed. I think it's an easy story for tyke media with Spurs history buying Ajax players. I don't believe any rumor that has Spurs spending over 30m.

    But he would be a great replacement if Eriksen left but based on Eriksen's comments after the Chelsea game, I think he stays a few more years.
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Agreed. I think it's an easy story for tyke media with Spurs history buying Ajax players. I don't believe any rumor that has Spurs spending over 30m.

    But he would be a great replacement if Eriksen left but based on Eriksen's comments after the Chelsea game, I think he stays a few more years.

    Their too different as players: Eriksen is more the link between midfield and attack, while De Jong acts more between defense and midfield, as the controller/conductor. Also - Eriksen finishes, De Jong initiates.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    In Barcelona, the De Jong case comes up from time to time. Last week, the local media said that Barcelona were ready to pay nearly 75 million for him. The problem is that Man City, PSG and other big spenders are in it too, so the club hopes that the higher prestige of Barcelona help to convince the player.

    The reality is that Barcelona start to work seriously on a replacement on Busquets and Rakitic, who already are in the 30s. Arthur Melo turned out to be a brilliant player, a very pleasent surprise... but Arthur is more a "Xavi" than a "Busquets". So De Jong is the evident priority.

    At some point, even De Ligt was in the list, but it seems that this option is forgotten now.

    On Eriksen, it's true that there are rumours about a possible offer from Real Madrid... Modric will probably leave next summer. The Croatian is 33 and he asks for more and more money, but after the World Cup and the Ballon D'Or, he's very far from his best form, so they will let him go. Madrid truly need to reinforce the team, so I expect that they finally make big moves next summer.
  • Danimal5981
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 13
    I have asked @Alastair a couple of times before and he's cool with a 2nd story. I will continue the Ajax/Cruijff story, no worries. But I always wanted to do something different, so here goes.

    This is the real life situation, as is - google it if you can: Wisla Krakow, the legendary club of the city where I live is about to fall. But the story behind it is incredible.

    I worked with them as interpreter / guide back in 2010, when they signed a Dutch manager and some Dutch players. My uncle (2nd degree) is head of the Youth Academy and until 2012, they qualified for European football regularly and even produced an impressive run, back in 2003.

    They were in financial trouble already a while, but a month ago it really started to go wrong: bankrupt, € 40 mln in debt, players not paid since the beginning of the season. So the PZPN (Polish FA) intervened: if they didn't have a rescue plan or at least the ability to cover for direct outstanding payments ( is € 3 mln) they would suspend their license and taken out of competition by January 1st 2019.

    A Cambodian (yes...) company stepped in to take over, promising investments up to 120 million euros, but just as quick as they entered the scene, it became known that in the end they pulled out, two days before the Polish FA's deadline set for Wisla.

    Now, in a stunning turn of events (in real life), Jakub Blaszczykowski terminated his contract at Wolfsburg with immediate effect and decided to play for Wisla FOR FREE, while loaning the club the necessary money to at least finish the season. A local business man has crowd-funded another € 200,000,- which for Polish football standards is a significant amount (to show you, how small we are actually talking).

    Now a) I always wanted to do something in one of these obscure leagues, preferably in something I have a personal connection to and b) this is one of the best introductions possible, taken from real life, for a fictional story, isn't it? :wink:
  • Alastair
    9828 posts Moderator
    edited January 13
    That's an amazing story. I'll definitely keep an eye on it after exams (sorry for not reading anyone's recently but I've been flat out on exams for the last few months).

    And yeah multiple stories are fine. Think I did 4 at one time back in 2010 (NZ, England player, Canada and ROI). :joy:
  • dannyboy
    12758 posts Has That Special Something
    Who do you think is going to win today Ali?
Sign In or Register to comment.