FIFA 19 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    Are United too far back to be considered as title contenders?
  • Wyojasond
    9326 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »

😂😂😂 yes. Look I agree they look brilliant so far but they have played two of the worst teams in the league and Bournemouth is a shambles defensively at the moment.

Rashford has looked amazing. That first goal was amazing. He deserves it for busting his butt under Mourinho. Pogba is just showing how much of a “me” player he is I think. He threw a fit til he got his way. It worked and was the right move but how long til it happens again is my question 🤷‍♂️
  • dannyboy
    12694 posts Has That Special Something

Yes
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    I know a few of you Americans follow the NFL, so now the NFL season is over (the 'postseason' matches over the next month don't matter as they're for the unimportant teams). Cardinals have won the NFL this year which is great to see. As we're now on the clock* for the draft what's everyone's predictions for what will happen draft-wise? What's everyone expecting from the playoffs?

*115 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes and 42 seconds left for us to make the number 1 overall pick. :)
  • dannyboy
    We will win the super bowl
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    dannyboy wrote: »
    We will win the super bowl

Please beat the seahawks. :)
  • subpop
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    I just saw @WestardLord 's story and there's something I liked about it: he forced himself to sell Jovetic, because he had more than 4 non-EU players in his squad. We all know that FIFA does not put limits about this, but it does not happen in real life.

I think everyone sets certain limitations, more or less objective, in order to make the stories more realisitic, because we all know that it's relatively easy to build a great team in a short period of time, if you don't put limits to the game, which ruins the experience a bit.

It's evident that everyone can do whatever they please in their own stories. However, I thought that perhaps it would be interesting if those who want to make the stories realistic can come up with a set of rules to make the stories realistic.

These rules should touch several aspects as:

- Amount of professional players in the squad
    - Foreign player limitations (if the league you play have these limits)
    - Salaries (increase per season -or decrease, if that's the case-) depending on certain factors
    - Amount of signings per season and amounts offered to other clubs
    - Offers accepted from other clubs
    - Any other aspect you can think about.

I'll try to come up with a draft project and, of course, feel free to add whatever you want.
  • Danimal5981
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    subpop wrote: »
    I just saw @WestardLord 's story and there's something I liked about it: he forced himself to sell Jovetic, because he had more than 4 non-EU players in his squad. We all know that FIFA does not put limits about this, but it does not happen in real life.

I think everyone sets certain limitations, more or less objective, in order to make the stories more realisitic, because we all know that it's relatively easy to build a great team in a short period of time, if you don't put limits to the game, which ruins the experience a bit.

It's evident that everyone can do whatever they please in their own stories. However, I thought that perhaps it would be interesting if those who want to make the stories realistic can come up with a set of rules to make the stories realistic.

These rules should touch several aspects as:

- Amount of professional players in the squad
    - Foreign player limitations (if the league you play have these limits)
    - Salaries (increase per season -or decrease, if that's the case-) depending on certain factors
    - Amount of signings per season and amounts offered to other clubs
    - Offers accepted from other clubs
    - Any other aspect you can think about.

I'll try to come up with a draft project and, of course, feel free to add whatever you want.

The aim is to have 1/3 home grown (8 players or more)
    Ajax works with a salary cap, € 30,000,- max
    When buying, Ajax never goes above a transfer fee of € 20,000,000,-
    When selling, Ajax classifies its players in four categories:
    A, crucial) never below 30m
    B, important) never below 10m
    C, other) against market value
    D, redundant) at any given price

And these rules I try to uphold to keep it real
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    I try to stick to the Premier League squad rules and Champions League rules in terms of squad size. It makes it much harder during the busy congested schedule as you start games withplayers not at 100% stamina.

Transfers for Tottenham;
    I'm doing it different this season and "paying" off the stadium. Which means my profit must increase yearly. I am trying to find a number that is my end goal. After season 1 I'm going to see what my profit is and then decide on a total value I must reach over the next X number of years. (Any ideas or suggestions welcome)

I never buy a big name. Try to only purchase young, cheap talent the scouts find.
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    Happy New Year Everyone. :)
  • Wyojasond
    9326 posts League Winner
    Happy New Years guys 🥃🎆
  • Danimal5981
    What? What did I miss? :p
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Happy New Year.

A quick question.

How do I add screenshots from my save to a story?

Currently I only copy and paste photo URL's off Google but I have lots of screenshots saved from the game

Thanks in advance

Darren
  • Danimal5981
    dazcol81 wrote: »
    Happy New Year.

A quick question.

How do I add screenshots from my save to a story?

Currently I only copy and paste photo URL's off Google but I have lots of screenshots saved from the game

Thanks in advance

Darren

what platform?
  • dazcol81
    88 posts Park Captain
    Laptop. I think I have figured out a way. I have set up a random twitter account and will upload to there and then copy URL. Hope that works
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    @dazcol81 Upload to imgur. That’s the easiest image hosting site I find.
  • Danimal5981
    @dazcol81 Upload to imgur. That’s the easiest image hosting site I find.

Yup, I concur.
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    A4296.png
  • Wyojasond
    9326 posts League Winner
    😂 what a game. City more than deserved it. They wanted it more and played out of there minds at times. Stones cleared two balls off the line for gods sake.

Hate it as we could’ve locked it up today I think, but still a long way to go this season. I’ve said it before, January has been a brutal month in the past for us.
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    I kind of wanted that Stones off the line clearance to go in just because it’d be one of the best own goals ever.
  • Wyojasond
    9326 posts League Winner
    Was a great game regardless and as of now we have a title race again and as we all say at the beginning of the year that’s all we hope for. I wish it wasn’t, but it is 😂
  • Ashy
    8298 posts League Winner
    Arsenal keep the invincibles for another season yay
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    Preston and Arsenal keep the invincibles for another season yay

I’ve fixed your comment for you. ;)
  • Ashy
    8298 posts League Winner

Football didn't exist before the premier league though
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator

Football didn't exist before the premier league though

Your comment in a gif:
    tenor.gif?itemid=12080529
  • Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    This graph makes interesting reading. Not sure how City can pass FPP with these stats. In other news, Arsenal are a long way from failing it. :joy:

• Alastair
    9300 posts Moderator
    @Wyojasond Don’t want to scare you or anything but you might want to read this tweet.

• Ashy
    8298 posts League Winner
    @Wyojasond Don’t want to scare you or anything but you might want to read this tweet.

It's wrong, it was game week 36 back in 2014
  • dannyboy
    Easy win @Alastair