The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    7299 posts Big Money Move
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Apologies for the lack of posting, but I have been checking in on the thread.

But I must say the goal from 1st October was a banger!

Keep it up dude, but while you’ve got a sick team and I’m running with a peasant 70k team I’ll have to try and avoid our friendly for a week or 2, especially with you dropping bombs like that!

You can't fool me! You have 2m in transfer profit!!!
  • Littleland95
    17744 posts Moderator
    Who's the next upgrade coming to your team? Just saving up for Henry Prime?
  • James Libby
    edited October 2018
    Who's the next upgrade coming to your team? Just saving up for Henry Prime?

Great question.

It's been so fun playing with Socrates, I'm tempted to continue trying other legends.

But the young Goat has 34 goals in 35 games (after 5 in his first ten) and I can only imagine how good prime Henry is!
  • James Libby
    edited October 2018
    b6bbdd7212f842b5199a51f40f6de7c3.gyf

Until we get confirmation on Prime SBCs, I cannot buy the Prime Goat, because in all seriousness, that would be my preference: a clean, virginal GOAT to ride to 1000 raw.

Till then, I am going to try as many Icons as possible. Any suggestions or shouts? I'm thinking maybe Best to pair with GOAT in a two-striker formation? Thoughts?!?
  • RebelRob
    6694 posts Big Money Move
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Apologies for the lack of posting, but I have been checking in on the thread.

But I must say the goal from 1st October was a banger!

Keep it up dude, but while you’ve got a sick team and I’m running with a peasant 70k team I’ll have to try and avoid our friendly for a week or 2, especially with you dropping bombs like that!

You can't fool me! You have 2m in transfer profit!!!

You got me, but I do only actually have a peasant team at the moment... I just happen to have a trade pile partially filled and a watch list pretty much full of if’s, so I’m hoping that’ll put my coin total to about 2m, then I just might consider building a half decent team. It’s the gameplay that’s taking the fun out of it for me at the moment.

As per your latest post, I’d maybe consider prime crespo. He was very good for me and with crosses being op this year he should be better still. Plus has the height along with rare pace, dribbling and agility for someone of that size, albeit he may posssibly too similar to your horned bestie.

Alternatively by all accounts best is very good so must be worth a try.

I’m just too tight at the moment to sit on any icons to risk losing 100k this early :D
  • Littleland95
    17744 posts Moderator

Until we get confirmation on Prime SBCs, I cannot buy the Prime Goat, because in all seriousness, that would be my preference: a clean, virginal GOAT to ride to 1000 raw.

Till then, I am going to try as many Icons as possible. Any suggestions or shouts? I'm thinking maybe Best to pair with GOAT in a two-striker formation? Thoughts?!?

Best, Figo. Middle Seedorf, Prime Klose, Prime Vieri, Raul, Butra and Trezeguet to name a few. :)
  • James Libby

Best, Figo. Middle Seedorf, Prime Klose, Prime Vieri, Raul, Butra and Trezeguet to name a few. :)

When will we KNOW if there are SBCs or not?
  • Kieren1888
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    Seeing this thread makes me wanna get Prime Larsson more and more, just no one wants to list one for a reasonable price😂 Good luck on the goating!
  • James Libby
    Kieren1888 wrote: »
    Seeing this thread makes me wanna get Prime Larsson more and more, just no one wants to list one for a reasonable price😂 Good luck on the goating!

Jeez, man. How did Larsson end up for you last season?
  • Kieren1888
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kieren1888 wrote: »

Jeez, man. How did Larsson end up for you last season?

He was unreal but was fed up with the game before tots😂
  • James Libby
    The GOAT Goal of the Day
    ImpracticalFineAfricangoldencat.gif

DeliciousFantasticGourami.gif

• Littleland95
    17744 posts Moderator

When will we KNOW if there are SBCs or not?

Not heard anything to be honest.
  • James Libby
    edited October 2018
    The GOAT Goal of the Day

This is a pick-two showcasing the GOAT's synergy with Ribery and Socrates! First up, Ribery to GOAT:

DizzyImpracticalBeetle.gif

And then, even though I am losing this game, the link-up play here is just top-notch:

ActualCheapApatosaur.gif
  • James Libby
    THE GOAT IS GOING BACK IN!!!!
  • James Libby
    Hide the women and children!!
  • James Libby
    edited October 2018
    I goated.

I dominated.

Goat had a hat trick.

My DVR was full.

Unbelievable.

#goatanotherday
    Post edited by James Libby on
  • Littleland95
    17744 posts Moderator
    I goated.

I dominated.

Goat had a hat trick.

My DVR was full.

Unbelievable.

#goatanotherday

You need a recording device. 🙂
  • James Libby
    The GOAT Goal of the Day:
    UnluckyAgileIndianrockpython.gif
  • WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2018
    After a second go with the prime version... I can safely say he is next level this year, you will love him ;)
  • James Libby
    After a second go with the prime version... I can safely say he is next level this year, you will love him ;)

I cannot wait!!!
  • James Libby
    edited October 2018
    Last year, the young Goat (87 LW) scored 120 goals in 100 games. I am sorry to report that this year his tenure was shorter and his output smaller. I blame his lower total on his slow start - but nonetheless, he was a great deal of FUN to play with. His incredible acceleration made for its own style of play - shaking and baking and outright burning defenders with pace. The goals and gyfs in this thread so far are a testament to that.

743a712645b2be3e753f37369646aa23.gyf

The other incredibly fun part of sticking it out with the young Goat has been getting to play with young Socrates:

5e60fdfc896f654d3439438c59eb4daf.gyf

IF I were to sell both of them, I could get the 93 Prime NOW. But the uncertainty of Prime SBCs, along with the sheer fun of playing with Socrates, along with Goat Forum tradition.... have led me to do this instead:

c0a76513284e54794e298e9078a4a424.gyf

I cannot WAIT to see how Ye Olde Goat plays with the good Doctor!!
  • Littleland95
    17744 posts Moderator
    I got annoyed with Socrates not winning a single header for me. He has good passing and a cracking shot, but the Doctor had to take his medicine and go.
  • James Libby
    I got annoyed with Socrates not winning a single header for me. He has good passing and a cracking shot, but the Doctor had to take his medicine and go.

Yeah, for his size, he is NOT a beast on headers. I will cede to that. He was just the perfect partner for young Goat. I'll be interested to see how he plays with Ye Olde Goat later today!
  • James Libby
    edited October 2018
    The GOAT Goal of the Day

DimwittedEveryAxisdeer.gif
  • James Libby
    That is the LAST goal I have to post of the young Goat! May he gallivant in peace!
  • James Libby
    Anyone else used the 90 LW Henry?
  • May i ask what instructions you have on Socrates? do you think i need the stay forward on the 89 version? since he has High attacking and medium Defensive work rates. what do you use? I used the stay forward on the 87 version when i had him because of the work rates but dont know here lol.

And what chem style do you think fits him best, Sniper or Engine?
  • James Libby
    Doomkin wrote: »
    May i ask what instructions you have on Socrates? do you think i need the stay forward on the 89 version? since he has High attacking and medium Defensive work rates. what do you use? I used the stay forward on the 87 version when i had him because of the work rates but dont know here lol.

And what chem style do you think fits him best, Sniper or Engine?

I use Target Man instructions and Get In Behind on Henry. I don't think you want stay forward on him - he can impact the game in so many ways, and he's such a versatile player: you want him tracking back, busting up play, and causing chaos.

Engine all the way.

Cheers, mate. Let us know how you get on with him!
  • James Libby
    edited October 2018
    Today was my first day with Ye Olde Goat. And he was absolutely LETHAL. I struggled with him early on, going 0-fer my first game. But then? It was off to the races....

First off, the bad news: he isn't as agile or fast as young Goat. But what he misses in raw speed, he makes up for in strength and shooting.

And he just makes such sharp runs:

MixedVastBilby.gif

Plus his finishing is simply top-notch:

SophisticatedEasygoingCurlew.gif

There's a confidence in shooting with him that the 87 LW lacks:

BigheartedIncredibleAlbacoretuna.gif

• James Libby
    edited October 2018
    The GOAT Goal of the Day

AdoredRemorsefulAnemone-size_restricted.gif