I'm thinking of starting with:

87 LW TH - Mbappe
    ____Old Man ZZ
  • James Libby
    5223 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 20
    Not a bad haul:

2cb6ea63a51061109c75265cc34a69e5.gyf

For reference, I did 19/40 Icon SBCs in FIFA 18.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6933 posts Big Money Move
    I am hoping PIM don't happen & that icon stats are revised across all 3 cards to pump up their primes. Wishful thinking, I imagine.
  • James Libby
    I am hoping PIM don't happen & that icon stats are revised across all 3 cards to pump up their primes. Wishful thinking, I imagine.

Frankly, I'd take it at this point. Just no moving the goal posts mid-gamecycle.
  • James Libby
    edited August 23
    Still here, still Goating!

ValuableCarelessHarpseal.gif
  • James Libby
    MY HORN GROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RebelRob
    5025 posts Big Money Move
    If you think henry’s good at free kicks, you need to try Johan.

I know you’re a goat guy, but Henry maybe good whereas Johan is GOD.
  • Orison
    47695 posts FIFA Cover Star
    It's August. Pls turn off the trainer.
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »

You know what, I saw you talk about this in another thread and i DID try Johan. I just couldn't get used to his technique. What are your tips for using him for FKs?
  • James Libby
    Orison wrote: »

Hey genius, the trainer comes on whether you like it or not on FKs and PKs.

Shows what you know!
  • Orison
    47695 posts FIFA Cover Star

Shows what you know!

It doesn't. I mean that weird circle showing where you are aiming your shots or passes.
  • James Libby

Shows what you know!

It doesn't. I mean that weird circle showing where you are aiming your shots or passes.

I'm with you. I don't use the trainer. You've seen hundreds of my clips at this point and you know that **** is never on. Is there a setting where it's only on for free kicks? cuz I feel like no matter what you do when you take a PK that arrow shows up.
  • Finesse_4days
    6878 posts Big Money Move

Shows what you know!

I'm with you. I don't use the trainer. You've seen hundreds of my clips at this point and you know that **** is never on. Is there a setting where it's only on for free kicks? cuz I feel like no matter what you do when you take a PK that arrow shows up.

No there is not, your trainer is n't on but your pointer is which is something different that can also be turned off.
  • RebelRob

You know what, I saw you talk about this in another thread and i DID try Johan. I just couldn't get used to his technique. What are your tips for using him for FKs?

Normally I go 3 bar power, hold l1 and top left corner on the left stick and aim maybe 2 players in from the near post, but generally choose what side I’m aiming depending on the player I’m playing against.

They generally work better at longer range free kicks, if the wall is on the edge of the box that’s about perfect distance, but if you’re close a l1 power free kick to the side the keepers on top corner normally works. They take a bit of getting used to but when they pull off they’re spectacular. I’ll see if I’ve got some saved I can upload to give you an idea on angle etc.
  • James Libby

Shows what you know!

No there is not, your trainer is n't on but your pointer is which is something different that can also be turned off.

Good man! I had no idea!
  • James Libby

Normally I go 3 bar power, hold l1 and top left corner on the left stick and aim maybe 2 players in from the near post, but generally choose what side I’m aiming depending on the player I’m playing against.

They generally work better at longer range free kicks, if the wall is on the edge of the box that’s about perfect distance, but if you’re close a l1 power free kick to the side the keepers on top corner normally works. They take a bit of getting used to but when they pull off they’re spectacular. I’ll see if I’ve got some saved I can upload to give you an idea on angle etc.

Please DO post some! I will definitely try your technique and report back.
  • ccooaattssyy
    You gonna get him on 20?
  • James Libby
    You gonna get him on 20?

HELL YES. This is my second year doing a thread with him and breaking 1000 goals. Thing is, it's been on ALL of his different cards. Next year I want to play the whole year on ONE Henry. I would have had it this year (600+ goals in 500 games for Prime Henry) but for the damn PIM!
  • ccooaattssyy
    He’ll be my aim next year, hoping that two ST formations are good. Him & Ronaldo.
  • James Libby
    He’ll be my aim next year, hoping that two ST formations are good. Him & Ronaldo.

Make sure you check in on the 20forums then! I'll be excited to hear of your progress!
  • James Libby
    I usually play pretty regularly the last month of FIFA and LOVE IT.

But this year I'm just tapped out. It's anti-horn.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Do you aim straight for the Prime as much as possible?
  • James Libby
    Do you aim straight for the Prime as much as possible?

Its always been a judgment call. The last two years I've played with the 87 and then 90 LWs first (100 games each in FUT18 and 50 games a piece this year) before snagging the Prime. We'll have to see what prices are like this year on release!

Are PIMs confirmed not to be in the game at the start?
  • ccooaattssyy
    Hopefully they’ve had a big overhaul, but not holding my breath.
  • James Libby
    What is going on with these Zidane leaks?

And are PIMs confirmed?!?!?
  • Finesse_4days
    6878 posts Big Money Move

PIMS are confirmed, Zidane has been shown to have both 83 pace and 85 pace on his Prime, EA have somehow **** up already. Hopefully he is 85 pace, becuase 83 on his Prime would be abit too low for my liking.
  • RebelRob
    I can see the higher card leaked being his pim.

• James Libby

PIMS are confirmed, Zidane has been shown to have both 83 pace and 85 pace on his Prime, EA have somehow **** up already. Hopefully he is 85 pace, becuase 83 on his Prime would be abit too low for my liking.
    I can see the higher card leaked being his pim.

Thanks to both of you.

And PIMs are confirmed to not be available on release?!?
  • RebelRob
    Nothing has been confirmed as far as I know, except for the existence of pim’s.

I don’t believe anything has been confirmed about the release of icon other versions yet either, hopefully everything is available from the get go with just pims as sbc’s, but you can bet that the best ones won’t be available before January.
  • James Libby
    I'M STARTING TO GET HORNED!!!