The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    5107 posts Big Money Move
    I would do PIM Henry, but his ingame face doesn't match the picture on the dynamic image. Really annoying.

Dude, it's so weird. When it dropped, I thought it would be his younger player model... Nope. It doesn't even make sense.
  • Daveofwales01
    8340 posts League Winner
    I would do PIM Henry, but his ingame face doesn't match the picture on the dynamic image. Really annoying.

Dude, it's so weird. When it dropped, I thought it would be his younger player model... Nope. It doesn't even make sense.

I don't get the thing about faces, barely see them anyway when playing, only for celebrations and I skip those most of the time anyway
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    I used to hate when salah had short hair last year, when they updated him at the end of the game, I was so happy.
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional
    Delvinho wrote: »
    I thought this would be my last year...

And they just HAD to add in Zidane!!!!

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍

GOAT - MBAPPE
    ____ZIZOU

Literally the only reason I am getting FIFA 20. I hope you GOAT with me, as declared!!!

Of course. Hopefully I’ve figured out how to post videos by then 😂
  • James Libby

I don't get the thing about faces, barely see them anyway when playing, only for celebrations and I skip those most of the time anyway

I really meant more the player model. It's just weird that his PIM is based off of the era of his younger model... Yet looks just like the Prime.
  • James Libby

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍

GOAT - MBAPPE
    ____ZIZOU

Literally the only reason I am getting FIFA 20. I hope you GOAT with me, as declared!!!

I'm thinking of generalizing my thread to ALL French players.... Too horned?
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍

GOAT - MBAPPE
    ____ZIZOU

Possibly can imagine Zizou will get his own thread but a front 3 of Mbappe Goat and Zizou is frightening
  • James Libby

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍

GOAT - MBAPPE
    ____ZIZOU

Possibly can imagine Zizou will get his own thread but a front 3 of Mbappe Goat and Zizou is frightening

Fair shout, mate. You're probably right.
  • Daveofwales01
    8340 posts League Winner

I really meant more the player model. It's just weird that his PIM is based off of the era of his younger model... Yet looks just like the Prime.

They half **** player design imo mainly cos they are clueless, mostly young people who never saw these players at their best
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍

GOAT - DROGBA
    ____ZIZOU

• James Libby
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍

GOAT - DROGBA
    ____ZIZOU

I see what you did there....
  • James Libby
    Incredible play by Eusebio!

ComposedShamelessGharial.gif
  • James Libby
    I bought TOTS Ibra just to mess around with.... first game I sub him in and....

EnchantedWeirdAlaskanhusky.gif
  • James Libby
    GOAT DO

GOAT THANGS
  • James Libby
    Thoughts on how we should run next year?

I'm contemplating getting 87 LW Henry and pairing him with Mbappe up top with old man Zizou at CAM, and fill in the rest of the team with young Frenchmen - building it up over time.

Should I continue the thread as 1000 goals with Henry RTG?

An Henry & ZIzou love story?

A place to celebrate and talk about French players in general?

Any thoughts???
  • James Libby
    Thoughts on how we should run next year?

I'm contemplating getting 87 LW Henry and pairing him with Mbappe up top with old man Zizou at CAM, and fill in the rest of the team with young Frenchmen - building it up over time.

Should I continue the thread as 1000 goals with Henry RTG?

An Henry & ZIzou love story?

A place to celebrate and talk about French players in general?

Any thoughts???

BUMP.
  • James Libby
    My man Ribery still BANGING in August:

ImperfectGreenKid.gif
  • RebelRob
    4964 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 5
    It’s gotta be zizou cam and Henry striker imo. Depending on what Mbappe’s card is next year would I probably determine the formation you may use, but I imagine he’ll probably be a striker so could go

41212-2
    Henry Mbappe
    Zizou
    Xxxx Xxxx (aouar?)
    Big pat
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »
    It’s gotta be zizou cam and Henry striker imo. Depending on what Mbappe’s card is next year would I probably determine the formation you may use, but I imagine he’ll probably be a striker so could go

41212-2
    Henry Mbappe
    Zizou
    Xxxx Xxxx (aouar?)
    Big pat

My man! Thanks for the shout. I just love the idea of an old goat - young goat connection. You are right though: Mbappe's position could change things. I am still a little underwhelmed by Big Pat this year - very sorry to say - so I'll have to see how things work out. Aour has been a dream, of course, and would be perfect as a CM.

What are your plans for next year? If it wasn't for Zidane, I would be approaching things much, much differently.
  • DougInskip
    6256 posts League Winner
    it is time.. to join the goat fest. Buying Pim Henry to have some fun for the last few weeks
  • RebelRob

41212-2
    Henry Mbappe
    Zizou
    Xxxx Xxxx (aouar?)
    Big pat

My man! Thanks for the shout. I just love the idea of an old goat - young goat connection. You are right though: Mbappe's position could change things. I am still a little underwhelmed by Big Pat this year - very sorry to say - so I'll have to see how things work out. Aour has been a dream, of course, and would be perfect as a CM.

What are your plans for next year? If it wasn't for Zidane, I would be approaching things much, much differently.

To be honest I’ve never used big pat before but have heard mixed things this year. Aouar however is quality.

Well, at the moment I’ve not preordered 20 and have no intention of getting the game until I’ve seen some proof of an improvement to gameplay. And from what I saw at the eWorld cup, albeit kick off, it doesn’t look great.

Although ZZ is a tempting prospect, I’m just so pissed off after this year I will be doing my best to stay away however, although will probably end up getting it at some point primarily to trade and maybe play clubs as well.

My last potential option is to just keep playing on this years iteration in the hope of boring me to death with fifa and eventually calling it a day, so will see what’s what.

In short, I want to quit, despite hating the franchise but have been playing Fifa since forever so who knows what will happen.

One thing that’s for sure, is I won’t be spending any more money on fifa points. EVER.
  • James Libby
    DougInskip wrote: »
    it is time.. to join the goat fest. Buying Pim Henry to have some fun for the last few weeks

You legend! Let us know how he fares!
  • James Libby

41212-2
    Henry Mbappe
    Zizou
    Xxxx Xxxx (aouar?)
    Big pat

To be honest I’ve never used big pat before but have heard mixed things this year. Aouar however is quality.

Well, at the moment I’ve not preordered 20 and have no intention of getting the game until I’ve seen some proof of an improvement to gameplay. And from what I saw at the eWorld cup, albeit kick off, it doesn’t look great.

Although ZZ is a tempting prospect, I’m just so pissed off after this year I will be doing my best to stay away however, although will probably end up getting it at some point primarily to trade and maybe play clubs as well.

My last potential option is to just keep playing on this years iteration in the hope of boring me to death with fifa and eventually calling it a day, so will see what’s what.

In short, I want to quit, despite hating the franchise but have been playing Fifa since forever so who knows what will happen.

One thing that’s for sure, is I won’t be spending any more money on fifa points. EVER.

You've really expressed exactly how I feel. To a tee. I'm just lying to myself that anything will be better, blinded by the opulent dome of Zizou.

I hope you play next year for selfish reasons, but will be happy for you if you don't.
  • RebelRob

41212-2
    Henry Mbappe
    Zizou
    Xxxx Xxxx (aouar?)
    Big pat

You've really expressed exactly how I feel. To a tee. I'm just lying to myself that anything will be better, blinded by the opulent dome of Zizou.

I hope you play next year for selfish reasons, but will be happy for you if you don't.

Thanks James.

It’s seems as though we’re in a very similar boat, so let’s see where the wind takes us.

• James Libby
    edited August 5
    New final team:

784ef6af4c6de5677d6b33279dd30ced.gyf

4653a1a933901f8c20e03f9a53055a1c.gyf
  • James Libby
    edited August 14
    Do you post goals in August as gleefully as you did in October?

Hint: You're right I do.

This one goes out to uncle Ori for always tempting me toward the dark side. @Orison

SnappyPoshEwe.gif
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • James Libby
    Probably the highlight of my year packing this guy in one of the league SBCs.

DependentValidFunnelweaverspider.gif
  • James Libby
    edited August 14
    As much as I hate how EA implemented PIMs, the chance to run it out with PIM Henry has been admittedly been absolutely magical.

ShockingImprobableIndianskimmer.gif
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Grifter
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    What formation works well for Henry? Trying to figure out how to get the best out of him
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional
    Grifter wrote: »
    What formation works well for Henry? Trying to figure out how to get the best out of him

I use him in a 442(2) rotating a bunch of strike partners with him but if I go behind he performs very well in a 352