The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    5102 posts Big Money Move
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What is it you hate about this bale card? Are you using him, or you just hate playing against him?

I had the bday for a bit and he was alright but nothing special imo. Obviously the main thing he has is height and jumping, but excluding that he wasn’t that great for me, and he’s never caused me many issues.

The only thing I’d suggest for you after getting gullit is maybe mendy for lb, although that halstenberg is a bit of a unit and good at defending the meta back post crosses.

Your team looks sick though James 👍🏻

Also, I completed robben the second time round and must say he’s a delight to use. Not a starter for me but an excellent sub later on in the game for me, his pace and strength is massively helpful, and despite everyone knowing you’re going to cut in on to the left, if they don’t stop it he frequently scores bangers so enjoying him a lot when the game plays decent.

Okay, so I have been repping Roberto Carlos since he came out as a Legend in FUT, always loved him IRL, and this year everyone and their mother swears he's a liability. I've valiantly used him since his PIM dropped - never had too much of an issue. Heading is so broken in this game, I just never thought it mattered - and he is, of course, great fun to play with just in general. Pros outweigh the cons 'n all sorta thing.

This one game a couple months ago - early TOTS roughly - this guy just SMASHES four backpost headers on me with Bale. It was absurdly frustrating. I mean, I knew it was coming and I still couldn't stop it!!! That was when I FIRST started toying with the idea of upgrading Roberto. So, time goes on and then I see this Champions Bale SBC drop - and I just KNEW out the gate he was going to rail me. Sure enough, first game I play him he just BANGS a downward header in like the third minute and I subbed off Roberto, used Pavard for the rest of that game, and then got Halstenberg. Thing is, I probably have to sell him if I want Gullit. It's all coins on deck over here!
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »
    What is it you hate about this bale card? Are you using him, or you just hate playing against him?

I had the bday for a bit and he was alright but nothing special imo. Obviously the main thing he has is height and jumping, but excluding that he wasn’t that great for me, and he’s never caused me many issues.

The only thing I’d suggest for you after getting gullit is maybe mendy for lb, although that halstenberg is a bit of a unit and good at defending the meta back post crosses.

Your team looks sick though James 👍🏻

Also, I completed robben the second time round and must say he’s a delight to use. Not a starter for me but an excellent sub later on in the game for me, his pace and strength is massively helpful, and despite everyone knowing you’re going to cut in on to the left, if they don’t stop it he frequently scores bangers so enjoying him a lot when the game plays decent.

And very happy you are enjoying Robben. That card is class.
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say after this WL I’ll be back in the goat thread. After losing 1.5 mill on the prime when they released PIM I’ve finally got enough high rated untradeables to do him for basically nothing. See you all next week
  • Waldog94
    1457 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just completed eusebio and flashback firminho could do with a wide cam currently using hl rashford on the right 93 hazard on the left any suggestions
  • James Libby
    Delvinho wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say after this WL I’ll be back in the goat thread. After losing 1.5 mill on the prime when they released PIM I’ve finally got enough high rated untradeables to do him for basically nothing. See you all next week

Booya! Glad to have you, mate.
  • James Libby
    Waldog94 wrote: »
    Just completed eusebio and flashback firminho could do with a wide cam currently using hl rashford on the right 93 hazard on the left any suggestions

You know who I'm going to.say, right?
  • James Libby
    Finished Gullit!

Banging out this Kimpembe and then it's final squad time!
  • Littleland95
    16625 posts Moderator
    Finished Gullit!

Banging out this Kimpembe and then it's final squad time!

Kimpembe looks very good.

I need two more wins to unlock him.
  • James Libby
    PRESNEL WILL BE MINE!!!!
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional
    Welcome back GOAT

D47-AAC70-09-EA-4-A70-B1-AA-6-CEE0-FD0423-D.jpg[\img]
  • James Libby
    Welcome back GOAT

Epic stuff, man. Post some highlights!!!
  • James Libby
    516d552cb03e1ca9f25ee1ca563f3a54.gyf

Since all GKs seem to suck. I'm going to experiment with some players I haven't tried there. Second option:

42c6ca369ff11d5befed1768c7aea361.gyf

• James Libby
    Subs bench with A team:

464e49cb2efcb2cbf3f43b0aaab376ac.gyf
  • James Libby
    edited July 27
    STILL HERE; STILL GOATING.

GleamingCharmingAmoeba.gif
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional
    Welcome back GOAT

Haven’t been able to get on much this weekend. Finish work early today so will try and get some nice goals tonight
  • James Libby
    Welcome back GOAT

Haven’t been able to get on much this weekend. Finish work early today so will try and get some nice goals tonight

Looking forward to it, mate!
  • James Libby

What a gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllazo! Well done, mate!
  • Daveofwales01
    8340 posts League Winner

Was expecting to hate him cos mm workrates don't work for me but he makes loads of runs, he's been very impressive so far
  • Daveofwales01
    8340 posts League Winner
    Also love running through, open the body and finesse to the far corner like he always did
  • James Libby

Was expecting to hate him cos mm workrates don't work for me but he makes loads of runs, he's been very impressive so far

Yeah, as suboptimal as his work rates are, I don't find it to be the big deal everyone makes it out to be. He makes GREAT RUNS!
  • Daveofwales01
    8340 posts League Winner

Yeah, as suboptimal as his work rates are, I don't find it to be the big deal everyone makes it out to be. He makes GREAT RUNS!

Yep, fully agree, he's far exceeded my expectations
  • James Libby

Yep, fully agree, he's far exceeded my expectations

YOU HEAR THAT, EVERYONE!?!

DON'T SLEEP ON THE GOAT!!!
  • James Libby
    I thought this would be my last year...

And they just HAD to add in Zidane!!!!
  • Daveofwales01
    8340 posts League Winner

I should start considering my retirement, maybe we'll see cantona then :D
  • Delvinho
    968 posts Professional

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍
  • James Libby
    edited July 31

R94 - GOAT
    Zizou

😍😍😍

GOAT - MBAPPE
    ____ZIZOU

Literally the only reason I am getting FIFA 20. I hope you GOAT with me, as declared!!!
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2415 posts Fans' Favourite
    I would do PIM Henry, but his ingame face doesn't match the picture on the dynamic image. Really annoying.
  • Littleland95
    16625 posts Moderator

Looking forward to seeing your journey on FIFA 20. :)
  • James Libby

Looking forward to seeing your journey on FIFA 20. :)

You are such a gent!