The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    5147 posts Big Money Move
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Damn JRL, and you had the effrontery to suggest my team was a god squad! Sick team dude.

My suggestion would be Dumfries for rb, havertz to rcam and maybe aouar to lcam if it doesn’t affect chem too much.

Anyway, how’s your wl rewards been recently? I’m sure I saw you got to 14 last week (or maybe the week before), didn’t you play past that or stop there?

I don't want to hear it from your sand-bagging ****. You have been dominating WL week in and week out, your squad is just as good as mine, and you haven't checked in here in ages. Frankly, I'm more than disappointed in you. For the record, I always just stop at 14. On your recommendation, I just did Aour.

Well funnily enough I have actually been keeping up to date with your goating, but just refraining from commenting due to detecting a little bit of hostility from you for some reason or another recently. Anything I’ve ever said has only been in jest so didn’t need mean to offend you at all.

And fwiw I haven’t been dominating in wl, more barely struggling through!

Now, now, robot. You know damn well everything I've said is in jest, too. I did harangue you for denying my vote for GOAL OF THE YEAR - and rightly so, but I also saw your side of things. Outside of that, I can't imagine what feigned hostility you speak of!

You had 17 wins on Friday last week (or damn close to it) and you've been racking 17 wins with ease for months now (from what I've seen). Your team is boss, and I am not trying to hear this nonsense about struggling through! This should be my last WL, and time permitting, I may actually see how many wins I can get. The thing is, I always get to 14 and am so far past ready to be done, I can't imagine the people who play all 30 all week and what it must do to their weekend plans. My wife HATES weekend league with a passion and she doesn't even really understand what it is - just that I end up yelling obscenities in the basement for hours on end on the weekend! What's worse, is I've tagged G3 each week of TOTS and have yet to get a usable card out of it - even my guaranteed league SBCs have been trash. And now I've got so much fodder, I don't even know what to do with it!
  • James Libby
    edited June 21
    Already got scared of a formation change and went back to the formation I have used all year;

948ca17e9719aed5bae836ef39f4ddfd.gyf

Of course I keep Havertz and he's going to make Best of and take a nosedive. Thanks @Orison !!!
  • RebelRob
    4993 posts Big Money Move
    Damn JRL, and you had the effrontery to suggest my team was a god squad! Sick team dude.

My suggestion would be Dumfries for rb, havertz to rcam and maybe aouar to lcam if it doesn’t affect chem too much.

Anyway, how’s your wl rewards been recently? I’m sure I saw you got to 14 last week (or maybe the week before), didn’t you play past that or stop there?

I don't want to hear it from your sand-bagging ****. You have been dominating WL week in and week out, your squad is just as good as mine, and you haven't checked in here in ages. Frankly, I'm more than disappointed in you. For the record, I always just stop at 14. On your recommendation, I just did Aour.

Well funnily enough I have actually been keeping up to date with your goating, but just refraining from commenting due to detecting a little bit of hostility from you for some reason or another recently. Anything I’ve ever said has only been in jest so didn’t need mean to offend you at all.

And fwiw I haven’t been dominating in wl, more barely struggling through!

Now, now, robot. You know damn well everything I've said is in jest, too. I did harangue you for denying my vote for GOAL OF THE YEAR - and rightly so, but I also saw your side of things. Outside of that, I can't imagine what feigned hostility you speak of!

You had 17 wins on Friday last week (or damn close to it) and you've been racking 17 wins with ease for months now (from what I've seen). Your team is boss, and I am not trying to hear this nonsense about struggling through! This should be my last WL, and time permitting, I may actually see how many wins I can get. The thing is, I always get to 14 and am so far past ready to be done, I can't imagine the people who play all 30 all week and what it must do to their weekend plans. My wife HATES weekend league with a passion and she doesn't even really understand what it is - just that I end up yelling obscenities in the basement for hours on end on the weekend! What's worse, is I've tagged G3 each week of TOTS and have yet to get a usable card out of it - even my guaranteed league SBCs have been trash. And now I've got so much fodder, I don't even know what to do with it!

Well, it seems we’ve both come a cropper of the wonders of the English language, and particularly the inability to be able to ‘read’ tone and jest! So I apologies for any miscommunication.

So, each wl during tots I’ve got to 17 excluding 1 so probably have done better than average (but not in comparison to the forum I’d imagine) and really only got 1 useable red in kimmich (who definitely doesn’t fit the meta as is so desperately required now a days apparently), but the last weekend I honestly did struggle and got 17 in my last game which was a 6-5 thriller that I won in ET.

Previously I reached 22 wins once (bottled elite 😢) so was gutted I didn’t get the elite pack, but in fairness did rush most of my game sessions as I too don’t usually have the time to play when with the girlfriend (no surprises that she hates Fifa too!) so could have MAYBE scraped an extra win or 2 if I concentrated more.

BUT, checking your goat bangers out which you post tells me that despite undoubtedly suffering the usual Fifa BS, I’m sure you are a capable Fifa player and could probably reach a similar result as I when playing the full wl. But also similarly, hate yourself for putting yourself through it and are similarly disheartened when receiving absolute **** back for a lot of time, effort and cursing!

Anyhow, I’m glad we’re not finishing this eventful year on a bad term, and maybe if we’re both sadistic enough to give it another go next year we can go through the usual trials and tribulations all over again!

Best of luck with this wl anyway. 👍🏻
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner
    Bought prime Henry today, thought it was time I tried him, very goaty at rcam so far
  • Orison
    47567 posts FIFA Cover Star
    @James Libby the young goat innit
    F33fjnp.gif
  • Wonderfulwest
    4633 posts National Call-Up
    I front trio of PM Henry FB Zlatan and PM Bergkamp in behind is disgusting
  • 134 games in with PIM Henry now and I can honestly say he’s the biggest piece of trash ST I’ve used this year.

Waste of space.
  • James Libby
    I front trio of PM Henry FB Zlatan and PM Bergkamp in behind is disgusting

That sounds like a nasty combo - what formation do you use?
  • James Libby
    edited June 23
    134 games in with PIM Henry now and I can honestly say he’s the biggest piece of trash ST I’ve used this year.

Waste of space.

Congrats, mate. You're officially the worst FIFA player on the forums:

1f507f57429f922c453abf499c988a56.gyf
  • 134 games in with PIM Henry now and I can honestly say he’s the biggest piece of trash ST I’ve used this year.

Waste of space.

Thank you, thank you :D

For real though, I may over exaggerate but that’s only because he frustrates me so much. I’ve scored over 200 goals in those 134 games (D1/WL) but he just feels bang average.

I miss the Raul I gave up for him. Glad others enjoy TH.
  • James Libby
    edited June 25
    134 games in with PIM Henry now and I can honestly say he’s the biggest piece of trash ST I’ve used this year.

Waste of space.

Thank you, thank you :D

For real though, I may over exaggerate but that’s only because he frustrates me so much. I’ve scored over 200 goals in those 134 games (D1/WL) but he just feels bang average.

I miss the Raul I gave up for him. Glad others enjoy TH.

I am beyond impressed with your attitude - truly. I'm so used to people taking themselves SO SO SO seriously on here, it's great to meet and interact with someone who has some levity.

Flabbergasted I remain at your problems with the GOAT. I'm a lowly D2/D3 player who just gets his G3 in WL and stops, and yet I'm well over a G/A a game with PIM Henry (after posting similar numbers with his other three versions).
    dcf355f84630c02c37b92c8da41f0ff0.gyf

*112 assists to boot!

I certainly don't want to tell a superior player how to use him, but might I then simply just ask: how do you use him? What does he do well and what does he falter at?

Let me know. I'd love to try and figure this out with you and get you back on the road to the GOATing faithful!!!
  • James Libby
    edited June 25
    A little taste of this past WL:

AdeptMelodicHog.gif
  • James Libby
    We are rapidly coming to a point where I will need to use all of these CRAP untradeables I've accumulated over TOTS.

It's either PIM Cruyff or Prime Eusebio - any thoughts?!?!? Who would pair best with the GOAT?
  • Ecr8on
    1445 posts Professional
    edited June 26
    We are rapidly coming to a point where I will need to use all of these CRAP untradeables I've accumulated over TOTS.

It's either PIM Cruyff or Prime Eusebio - any thoughts?!?!? Who would pair best with the GOAT?

I can’t say enough good things about prime Eusebio. They are a great pairing and complementary with their attributes
  • James Libby
    Ecr8on wrote: »

I can’t say enough good things about prime Eusebio. They are a great pairing and complementary with their attributes

I had him earlier in the year, and it was a blast. I'm just pissed it's not the PIM!

Thanks for chiming in. i always love to hear from people who GOAT. Post some of your goals if you're up for it!
  • RebelRob
    Cruyff for me over Eusebio all day.

Depending what formation your using though, I don’t think cruyff is as effective as a striker or even in a pair, but play him behind titi or even titi AND Mbappe and he’ll shine.
  • James Libby
    Cruyff for me over Eusebio all day.

Depending what formation your using though, I don’t think cruyff is as effective as a striker or even in a pair, but play him behind titi or even titi AND Mbappe and he’ll shine.

Now I don't know what to do about these IFs! If they go up much more SBCs are DOA!
  • jenksiee123
    21167 posts Club Captain
    Cruyff at CAM is magic
  • RebelRob
    Oh **** yeah, I think cruyff requires 22 as well!

Let me give you a summary of Fifa 19 in 3 words...

GAME IS DEAD
  • Kieren1888
    1692 posts Play-Off Hero
    You should try out Piatek, hes unreal, hes taking the goat crown from my Larsson tbh, complete striker who is just a bully.
  • James Libby
    I'M GETTING A HORNED RED TOMORROW AND THAT'S JUST THAT.
  • James Libby
    Let's just say, my reds were **** trash.

And I won't be getting FIFA 20.

Thank you, that is all.
  • Kieren1888
    1692 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 27

Thank you, that is all.

I got Sterling, I cant complain😂 Henry is in next fifa will be too much to resist, I always say Im never spending fifa points then I see Larsson and it just happens. We both have obsessions to have control of our goats.
  • mjs4p
    11073 posts Has That Special Something

Thank you, that is all.

Sorry about your reds. I got VVD which is great, but my interest in FIFA has been fading for awhile now. I may be in your camp for next year.
  • James Libby
    Thanks, guys. I just made a lot of sacrifices to play the last five WLs and it amounted to **** all. When I add that into the context of allllllllllllllllllllllll the BS we've gone through this year, it's hard to have any desire to do it again.
  • James Libby
    I've lost my horn

where did it go

EA doesn't care

nobody knows
  • Kieren1888
    1692 posts Play-Off Hero
    Games pish mate.
  • James Libby
    Goatless.

Unmoored.

Unhorned.

Scorned.
  • James Libby
    69871d78e597fd0b53b04bda399c90e7.gyf
  • James Libby
    OH WE DOIN' PIM CRUYFF!!

JUST TO FEED THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!