The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    5246 posts Big Money Move
    Sean2On wrote: »
    Can only afford the 90 and will be buying him today.

5 games in and he’s incredibly sluggish, not making runs and drifts around despite his instructions all pointing him to do the opposite.

Does any Henry experts have any tips?

Hey, mate. Okay, so first off, so sorry it took so long to get back to you. The thing with the 90 LW is he's a target man. The pace is a lie - he just isn't THAT fast and agile. BUT - and here's the good part - he IS a beast. He's strong AF and can drop UNREAL bombs. You should be using him for hold up play and LTriggering to produce 1-2 passing combinations and hitting every **** shot first time that comes his way!

He takes some getting used to, but he's a beast - I assure you. A refined, acquired taste, though.
  • James Libby
    edited June 17
    Okay, so another weekend in the books at 14 wins, and boy was Havertz a revelation. Here's the team:

2f7badc67e6e694731e70bd59a0e726a.jpg

Look how we started WL off:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/father-wack/video/76064387

Then check out this banger from my man Robben:

DiligentCarefulAnhinga.gif

IdleHarmfulAiredale.gif

My man Havertz was running amok:

PlayfulWhisperedIceblueredtopzebra.gif

VelvetySevereHammerheadbird.gif

I have a couple more highlights from WL I will try and share this week. Keep on GOATing in the free world!!!
  • Sean2On
    1105 posts Professional

5 games in and he’s incredibly sluggish, not making runs and drifts around despite his instructions all pointing him to do the opposite.

Hey, mate. Okay, so first off, so sorry it took so long to get back to you. The thing with the 90 LW is he's a target man. The pace is a lie - he just isn't THAT fast and agile. BUT - and here's the good part - he IS a beast. He's strong AF and can drop UNREAL bombs. You should be using him for hold up play and LTriggering to produce 1-2 passing combinations and hitting every **** shot first time that comes his way!

He takes some getting used to, but he's a beast - I assure you. A refined, acquired taste, though.

Thanks for getting back to me, man.

I was definitely trying to play with him like he was fast and nimble. He definitely turns like a truck and isn’t fluid with his movements, but he still scored for me.

He seems like he would be much better suited in a 2 striker formation.
  • James Libby

Thanks for getting back to me, man.

I was definitely trying to play with him like he was fast and nimble. He definitely turns like a truck and isn’t fluid with his movements, but he still scored for me.

He seems like he would be much better suited in a 2 striker formation.

Absolutely two-striker formation with someone quick to stretch the play!
  • Kieren1888
    1693 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 18
    2cnjn82.jpg
    Larsson goes to CCAM, Kante and reggie cdm and Tierney for LB. Also piatek is unreal!
    2d98uix.jpg
    eqcf0z.jpg

• James Libby
    Kieren1888 wrote: »
    2cnjn82.jpg
    Larsson goes to CCAM, Kante and reggie cdm and Tierney for LB. Also piatek is unreal!
    2d98uix.jpg
    eqcf0z.jpg

Very nice, mate. Glad you've got the GOAT flowing again!
  • James Libby
    edited June 18
    Have four to five million to finish this off:

f1edf9a8bf8ad9ff62cdb225796efcab.gyf

Thoughts?!
  • mjs4p
    11089 posts Has That Special Something

Thoughts?!

TOTY Mbappe & TOTS Lala at RM and RB.
  • jenksiee123
    21231 posts Club Captain

Thoughts?!

Put Havertz CM and get TOTS Mbappe up top. Then Lala or Dumfries RB.
  • Hollandman
    2125 posts Fans' Favourite

Thoughts?!

Gullit Sbc for Ribery
  • James Libby
    mjs4p wrote: »

Thoughts?!

TOTY Mbappe & TOTS Lala at RM and RB.

Great suggestion. I used TOTY Mbappe earlier this year, and if I knew things were going to turn out like they are now, I would never have sold him. Lala looks like a beat - we'll have to see where his price settles. This is going to sound silly, but I think the ONE SBC I wish I did (besides Goretzka, apparently) is Flaskback Dani Alves. He would have chemed in on pretty much every team I've used this year! Would have gotten my coin's worth.
  • James Libby
    edited June 19

Thoughts?!

Put Havertz CM and get TOTS Mbappe up top. Then Lala or Dumfries RB.

I knew you were sharp the second I saw you. Great suggestion, mate. I definitely want to try TOTS Mbappe! Dumfries has been the best RB I've tried this TOTS. May have to get him back.
  • James Libby
    Hollandman wrote: »

Thoughts?!

Gullit Sbc for Ribery

So, I've used Gullit every year - had him earlier this year; he's a boss, no doubt. You really think that's the bottom-line best way to improve the squad the most? It's a MUST at this point? Level with me, hoss.
  • RebelRob
    5033 posts Big Money Move
    Damn JRL, and you had the effrontery to suggest my team was a god squad! Sick team dude.

My suggestion would be Dumfries for rb, havertz to rcam and maybe aouar to lcam if it doesn’t affect chem too much.

Anyway, how’s your wl rewards been recently? I’m sure I saw you got to 14 last week (or maybe the week before), didn’t you play past that or stop there?
  • kfcbucket21
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    Tempted to try the 🐐 with mbappe
  • CornishLad
    23528 posts Club Captain
    200 goals with my Henry (mostly WL as hardly play rivals anymore) no one will overthrown the goat
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Damn JRL, and you had the effrontery to suggest my team was a god squad! Sick team dude.

My suggestion would be Dumfries for rb, havertz to rcam and maybe aouar to lcam if it doesn’t affect chem too much.

Anyway, how’s your wl rewards been recently? I’m sure I saw you got to 14 last week (or maybe the week before), didn’t you play past that or stop there?

I don't want to hear it from your sand-bagging ****. You have been dominating WL week in and week out, your squad is just as good as mine, and you haven't checked in here in ages. Frankly, I'm more than disappointed in you. For the record, I always just stop at 14. On your recommendation, I just did Aour.
  • James Libby
    Tempted to try the 🐐 with mbappe

Would be a dream combo. Earlier this year I had Henry and TOTY Mbappe and they were terrorizing people.
  • James Libby
    CornishLad wrote: »
    200 goals with my Henry (mostly WL as hardly play rivals anymore) no one will overthrown the goat

You, sir, are an official goat-gunner. Well done. Keep on goating in the free world!
  • James Libby
    edited June 19
    New team, still some coin left. Any thoughts?

8b11687d7c122d5a8eb360ba628e026a.gyf

I also have a TON of fodder left. Going to probly need to do an Icon.
  • Orison
    47723 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Literally anyone for Carlos, Ruud for Vieira, Robben out, Blanc out for VVD or Varane

Also pretty sure you've seen it in the WL thread, but you are never too old to see the greatest low driven of all time for a 2nd time ;)
    Ka4c6Om.gif
  • James Libby
    Orison wrote: »
    Literally anyone for Carlos, Ruud for Vieira, Robben out, Blanc out for VVD or Varane

Also pretty sure you've seen it in the WL thread, but you are never too old to see the greatest low driven of all time for a 2nd time ;)
    Ka4c6Om.gif

I have considered your proposed changes, and denied them.

Nasty shot with Havertz. Thanks again for recommending him. He's been a blast.
  • Orison

Ka4c6Om.gif

Why are you asking for changes when you don't want any suggestions anyways?
  • James Libby

Ka4c6Om.gif

Oh, I very much want suggestions - just not yours.
  • Orison

Ka4c6Om.gif

Says the guy with Havertz in his team
  • CornishLad
    23528 posts Club Captain

What formation you run in game? You stick with 451 or you go to 4231?
  • James Libby

Ka4c6Om.gif

Which I thanked you for! Danke dir!
  • Orison

Ka4c6Om.gif

Which I thanked you for! Danke dir!

Sooner or later you will thank me for the other ones as well ;)
  • James Libby
    CornishLad wrote: »

What formation you run in game? You stick with 451 or you go to 4231?

I've been playing 442 all year, so I was going to TRY this formation before switching IG back to that if it sucks.
  • RebelRob
    5033 posts Big Money Move
    RebelRob wrote: »

I don't want to hear it from your sand-bagging ****. You have been dominating WL week in and week out, your squad is just as good as mine, and you haven't checked in here in ages. Frankly, I'm more than disappointed in you. For the record, I always just stop at 14. On your recommendation, I just did Aour.

Well funnily enough I have actually been keeping up to date with your goating, but just refraining from commenting due to detecting a little bit of hostility from you for some reason or another recently. Anything I’ve ever said has only been in jest so didn’t need mean to offend you at all.

And fwiw I haven’t been dominating in wl, more barely struggling through!