The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    5181 posts Big Money Move
    Nice free kick!

Do you line it up with opposing player's head and just hold diagonal up with two bars?

I need to learn how to score them consistently.

So, truth be told, this was my first free kick goal with Roberto this year, and mayyyyyyybe my sixth or seventh total? Last year, and those who read my thread will affirm this, I was an absolute MONSTER at them. Specifically with Roberto - he is just boss hogg at free kicks - and as soon as I got fouled today I knew it was going in.

The technique largely depends on the player kicking and the position of the ball on as oriented towards the goal. In a situation like that, you basically want to envision how much the ball is going move or curve (which I usually figure out strictly through trial and error), and then I simply aim at the terminus of that range OUTSIDE of the goal post. Roberto is absolutely NASTY at the short range, over the wall, bending back on goal style, but there are a couple of other ways to use him. Trust me when I say I will be using him to bang FKs for the remainder of the year, posting all of them, and I'll see if in doing so I can articulate my method better. I've never really thought about the wall as a way to orient or aim, and I power up on feel alone, but you've given me some other metrics I might integrate to understand my own method better. I actually thought I didn't power it up quite enough at first, and I think if he had jumped with his wall better he could have blocked it, but by that point it was like 4-1 and he rage quit before I even finished celebrating!
  • Nice free kick!

Do you line it up with opposing player's head and just hold diagonal up with two bars?

So, truth be told, this was my first free kick goal with Roberto this year, and mayyyyyyybe my sixth or seventh total? Last year, and those who read my thread will affirm this, I was an absolute MONSTER at them. Specifically with Roberto - he is just boss hogg at free kicks - and as soon as I got fouled today I knew it was going in.

The technique largely depends on the player kicking and the position of the ball on as oriented towards the goal. In a situation like that, you basically want to envision how much the ball is going move or curve (which I usually figure out strictly through trial and error), and then I simply aim at the terminus of that range OUTSIDE of the goal post. Roberto is absolutely NASTY at the short range, over the wall, bending back on goal style, but there are a couple of other ways to use him. Trust me when I say I will be using him to bang FKs for the remainder of the year, posting all of them, and I'll see if in doing so I can articulate my method better. I've never really thought about the wall as a way to orient or aim, and I power up on feel alone, but you've given me some other metrics I might integrate to understand my own method better. I actually thought I didn't power it up quite enough at first, and I think if he had jumped with his wall better he could have blocked it, but by that point it was like 4-1 and he rage quit before I even finished celebrating!

I think I've scored around 6 or 7 also and 3 of those with the GOAT. I had an exact formula written down but it was way too inconsistent. Simply changing a chem style which affected curve and shot power would throw everything off.

I will be trying different things to see if I can get some consistent results.
  • James Libby
    Nice free kick!

I think I've scored around 6 or 7 also and 3 of those with the GOAT. I had an exact formula written down but it was way too inconsistent. Simply changing a chem style which affected curve and shot power would throw everything off.

I will be trying different things to see if I can get some consistent results.

Wow, interesting thought.... chem style affecting curve and shot power... hmmmm, what would be the MOST potent chem for Roberto then?!?
  • Which version do you have? If you have the PIM nothing will improve those stats because they are all at 99! :o

Shot Power - 99
    Curve- 99
    FK. Accuracy - 99
  • James Libby
    Which version do you have? If you have the PIM nothing will improve those stats because they are all at 99! :o

Shot Power - 99
    Curve- 99
    FK. Accuracy - 99

OH MY!
  • Which version do you have? If you have the PIM nothing will improve those stats because they are all at 99! :o

Shot Power - 99
    Curve- 99
    FK. Accuracy - 99

OH MY!

Does he have that long run up FK?
  • James Libby
    Which version do you have? If you have the PIM nothing will improve those stats because they are all at 99! :o

Shot Power - 99
    Curve- 99
    FK. Accuracy - 99

OH MY!

Does he have that long run up FK?

Oh chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  • James Libby
    Not a free kick goal, but my man Roberto slicing and dicing....

DownrightImpoliteGoral.gif
  • Not a free kick goal, but my man Roberto slicing and dicing....

DownrightImpoliteGoral.gif

His offensive stats are incredible for a LB! He could probably rip it up as a CAM or complete CM.

Nice goal! B)
  • James Libby
    I HAVE BEEN RIPPING WITH ROBERTO LIKE NONE OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!
  • James Libby
    GYF DUMP INCOMING!!!!!!!!!
  • James Libby
    GreatSelfishCuttlefish.gif
  • James Libby
    edited April 26
    LikableShortBasil.gif
  • James Libby
    GreatSelfishCuttlefish.gif

Look at this scene of outright finesse play out before your eyes....

I start aiming toward near post, and then he pulls a man to guard it... I readjust to far post and flick the aiming/orientation back and forth like a spastic 4,5,6 times before jusssssst barely clinking one I'm of the post.

Supreme skill?

Nay.

Supreme HORN!!!
  • James Libby
    You can't stop the HORN:

FlickeringBelatedAbyssiniancat.gif

You can only hope to contain it!!!!!!!!!!
  • Vacant
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    101 goals in 79 matches for me, by my poor standards that’s fairly miraculous.
    If he was High/Low he’d be perfect.
  • James Libby
    Vacant wrote: »
    101 goals in 79 matches for me, by my poor standards that’s fairly miraculous.
    If he was High/Low he’d be perfect.

Well done, mate.

And, don't worry; his super double prime moments will have dank work rates, I'm sure.
  • Orison
    47641 posts FIFA Cover Star
    @James Libby these are the goals you love amirite ;)
    Bv19Jvl.gif
    ceSj1jQ.gif
    tGKnJFp.gif
  • tfadgreef
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    50 games 70 goals. He is insane!
  • James Libby
    Orison wrote: »
    Bv19Jvl.gif
    ceSj1jQ.gif
    tGKnJFp.gif

To be quite honest, you seem like a bit of a one-trick pony. Okay, maybe two tricks. And while I do cede to the small modicum of talent you undoubtedly wield, I have to comment that this would ALL be much, much more horned... if it was with a GOAT. Hernandez, brah? Really?
  • James Libby
    tfadgreef wrote: »

Another GOAT convert! So glad he's dominating for you, mate. Post some clips if you get a chance!
  • James Libby
    edited April 30
    Starting to score some fun team goals:

ImpracticalFluidDrongo.gif

Just look at the run by Thierry!
  • Orison
    47641 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Bv19Jvl.gif
    ceSj1jQ.gif
    tGKnJFp.gif

To be quite honest, you seem like a bit of a one-trick pony. Okay, maybe two tricks. And while I do cede to the small modicum of talent you undoubtedly wield, I have to comment that this would ALL be much, much more horned... if it was with a GOAT. Hernandez, brah? Really?

Hernandez? Who is using him? I packed hid prime as a loan once, lasted 2 games before he got discarded.
  • Färjestad
    2112 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bv19Jvl.gif
    ceSj1jQ.gif
    tGKnJFp.gif

Hernandez? Who is using him? I packed hid prime as a loan once, lasted 2 games before he got discarded.

You're so cool
  • tfadgreef

Another GOAT convert! So glad he's dominating for you, mate. Post some clips if you get a chance!

I will once I figure out how to do it. Do you use BBCcode?
  • James Libby

yeah - just encase the gif url in the img in brackets
  • tfadgreef

yeah - just encase the gif url in the img in brackets

Thanks
  • CovLee_Candice
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    I envy of the GOAT, meanwhile George Best keep missing easy chance and I have no confidence to shoot in front of goal with him.
  • tfadgreef
    I envy of the GOAT, meanwhile George Best keep missing easy chance and I have no confidence to shoot in front of goal with him.

Which one, the PIM?
  • James Libby

What is up with your boy? I cannot imagine him missing sitters?