The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• tfadgreef
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    NDJ591 wrote: »
    tfadgreef wrote: »
    NDJ591 wrote: »
    Completed my First WL for a long Time. Normally i only Play till G3. This weekend the GOAT travelled me to 24:6. 3 losses against pro players (30:0,30:0,29:1)
    He is so insane

Which chem style do you use?

Engine

Thanks
  • tfadgreef
    Just purchased the 94. Everybody uses engine on him? Is it a must due to his low balance? Mine came with hawk so I want to give hawk a try
  • tfadgreef wrote: »
    Just purchased the 94. Everybody uses engine on him? Is it a must due to his low balance? Mine came with hawk so I want to give hawk a try

I play him with engine which makes him actually feel quicker. The Fifa stat explanation actually states that the higher the balance the faster and smoother they feel which I can feel definitely.

His shooting is already almost maxed so the extra dribbling which boosts his balance to 80 and the rest to 99 mixed with the boost in passing increases his effectiveness in linking play.
  • TakeItSlow
    7180 posts Big Money Move
    GOATTTTTINGGGG

Henry hit his 100th goal for me in 96 games earlier today. GOAT with Dinho UNREAL.

So now who to pair with the GOAT?! TOTY Mbappe or Prime R9.
  • TakeItSlow wrote: »
    GOATTTTTINGGGG

Henry hit his 100th goal for me in 96 games earlier today. GOAT with Dinho UNREAL.

I would go with TOTY Mbappe but Prime R9 paired with the GOAT would seem an unstoppable nostalgic force. So it's the old and young French connection or an unstoppable nostalgic force.
  • tfadgreef

I play him with engine which makes him actually feel quicker. The Fifa stat explanation actually states that the higher the balance the faster and smoother they feel which I can feel definitely.

His shooting is already almost maxed so the extra dribbling which boosts his balance to 80 and the rest to 99 mixed with the boost in passing increases his effectiveness in linking play.

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Gonna give engine a try somewhere this week
  • TakeItSlow
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    GOATTTTTINGGGG

I would go with TOTY Mbappe but Prime R9 paired with the GOAT would seem an unstoppable nostalgic force. So it's the old and young French connection or an unstoppable nostalgic force.

Such a difficult choice because R9 being untradeable is good and bad for me. Good because I have about 1.7m worth of the SBC in my club and its mostly untradeable. Bad because after that all my coins will be gone into him and there's no way to get that back and it'd be a long hard slog to TOTY Mbappe who's one of my favourite cards this year.

DECISIONS :joy:

No problem! I guess it's all personal preference and hawk would be the most expensive chem style to start testing because basically hunter would be a waste.

The rest of the offensive chemstyles are around 200 - 300 coins. Marksman was also pretty good but he did feel more sluggish than with engine but he was scoring a lot of headers for me and his strength boost was noticeable.
  • TakeItSlow wrote: »
    GOATTTTTINGGGG

Such a difficult choice because R9 being untradeable is good and bad for me. Good because I have about 1.7m worth of the SBC in my club and its mostly untradeable. Bad because after that all my coins will be gone into him and there's no way to get that back and it'd be a long hard slog to TOTY Mbappe who's one of my favourite cards this year.

Pair him up with TOTY Mbappe for now since he's tradeable and when prices start dropping after TOTS sell him to do the R9 SBC. You might even have enough untradeables by then to have TOTY Mbappe, GOAT and R9.
  • tfadgreef

No problem! I guess it's all personal preference and hawk would be the most expensive chem style to start testing because basically hunter would be a waste.

The rest of the offensive chemstyles are around 200 - 300 coins. Marksman was also pretty good but he did feel more sluggish than with engine but he was scoring a lot of headers for me and his strength boost was noticeable.

Thanks.i tried his loan with marksman and that was a very nice chemistry
  • James Libby
    5151 posts Big Money Move
    GOATTTTTINGGGG

Sorry to pop in and not reply to everyone (as usual), but I DEF recommend TOTY Mbappe. He's one of the nastiest cards there is this year: you just have to try him AND that way you can still have coin should you change your mind.
  • TakeItSlow
    GOATTTTTINGGGG

Sorry to pop in and not reply to everyone (as usual), but I DEF recommend TOTY Mbappe. He's one of the nastiest cards there is this year: you just have to try him AND that way you can still have coin should you change your mind.

I tried him for the first time like 3 weeks ago, fell in love but sold to fund the GOAT SBC. Really regretting selling him, he was incredible for me.

I have enough in untradeables to knock off 1.6m of the R9 cost including the 3 icons.

Meaning I need another 2.4m after Mbappe to complete him. I think it would be nice to grind towards that. @GoonerJoe88 you’re right I think.

Looks like my front 4 will be TOTY Mbappe, Dinho, moments Henry and R9 at some point.
  • James Libby
    Incredibly busy week for me guys.... Sorry for the lack of responses...

However... I started VIEIRA

He's coming home, lads...
  • James Libby
    GOATTTTTINGGGG

I tried him for the first time like 3 weeks ago, fell in love but sold to fund the GOAT SBC. Really regretting selling him, he was incredible for me.

I have enough in untradeables to knock off 1.6m of the R9 cost including the 3 icons.

Meaning I need another 2.4m after Mbappe to complete him. I think it would be nice to grind towards that. @GoonerJoe88 you’re right I think.

Looks like my front 4 will be TOTY Mbappe, Dinho, moments Henry and R9 at some point.

Yeah, it just doesn't get better than TOTY Mbappe this year in terms of raw effect on the game.
  • James Libby

This man GOATs.
  • James Libby
    edited April 23
    A little Henry & Bergkamp action to start the day...

FarFluidFrog.gif
  • A little Henry & Bergkamp action to start the day...

FarFluidFrog.gif

Such a perfectly weighted pass from the GOAT. I finally sold 88 VVD and replaced him with 87 Big Sol Campbell. I haven't used him since Fifa 17 when there was only one version of Icons or then Legends.

I will upgrade him to his Prime as the funds come in. I can just imagine how good PIM Sol would have been if EA had given him one. He should of at least had low seventies low passing and long passing. I remember him pinging balls from the back to Pires and Henry. Scored a few goals coming from deep and blasting them low past the keeper as well.
  • TakeItSlow
    Mbappe is back and the GOAT’s are thriving together up top <3
  • James Libby
    A little Henry & Bergkamp action to start the day...

FarFluidFrog.gif

Such a perfectly weighted pass from the GOAT. I finally sold 88 VVD and replaced him with 87 Big Sol Campbell. I haven't used him since Fifa 17 when there was only one version of Icons or then Legends.

I will upgrade him to his Prime as the funds come in. I can just imagine how good PIM Sol would have been if EA had given him one. He should of at least had low seventies low passing and long passing. I remember him pinging balls from the back to Pires and Henry. Scored a few goals coming from deep and blasting them low past the keeper as well.

His Prime is a real sleeper this year. I did it early to play with a bit and then use as SBC fodder... and 400 games later he's still my starting CB. May upgrade to PIM Blanc at some point and bump Sol to my Gunners team. In the interim, he's a rock - and you are right; his PIM would have been sensational.

You are the one who inspired my Bergkamp & Henry collaboration to begin with!
  • James Libby

Yeah, that is a lethal combo! Show us some highlights when you get a chance!
  • TakeItSlow

Yeah, that is a lethal combo! Show us some highlights when you get a chance!

PlushInferiorGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif
  • TakeItSlow
    SpitefulTastyFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Young goat, to the GOAT, to the NET.
  • tfadgreef
    19 games D4, 26 goals. He is on fire!!! (hawk chem)
  • TakeItSlow
    Mines on 106 goals in 109 games now in D1 and WL. His goal to game ratio has gone down slightly since Mbappe has come in which is understandable as they're both up top.

I want to try and create my own style of play, might jump into 5212 with the GOAT's up front and have TOTS Kimmich/TOTY Marcelo as my wing backs. Both are high/low so it wouldn't be a conventional anti GOAT formation.
  • A little Henry & Bergkamp action to start the day...

FarFluidFrog.gif

His Prime is a real sleeper this year. I did it early to play with a bit and then use as SBC fodder... and 400 games later he's still my starting CB. May upgrade to PIM Blanc at some point and bump Sol to my Gunners team. In the interim, he's a rock - and you are right; his PIM would have been sensational.

You are the one who inspired my Bergkamp & Henry collaboration to begin with!

I was using his 87 for 15 games yesterday and he definitely was a rock and didn't feel as stiff or sluggish as his dribbling stats state. One thing I did because of his M/L work rates is to switch the tactic on him to aggressive interceptions and he became more responsive. He has high aggression naturally and mixed with his strength I was flattening attackers out. :D

The crash dropped his Prime to around 530k today so I sold the 87 and found a fresh Prime for 500k on bid.

There is nothing better than watching Henry and Bergkamp do work and recreate the magic they once had. B)

@tfadgreef How does he feel with hawk compared to engine? Is he scoring more consistently?

Recently the GOAT has been disappearing for me in one game but then next game he scores 4 goals by himself. :#
  • tfadgreef

@tfadgreef How does he feel with hawk compared to engine? Is he scoring more consistently?

Recently the GOAT has been disappearing for me in one game but then next game he scores 4 goals by himself. :#

Scoring is no problem. I do notice he falls over from time to time but it's not really annoying. Give hawk a try..

Scoring is no problem. I do notice he falls over from time to time but it's not really annoying. Give hawk a try..

Yeah, I'll give it a try thanks!
  • James Libby
    edited April 25
    And so, it begins....
    ParallelWeirdAmethystgemclam.gif
  • Nice free kick!

Do you line it up with opposing player's head and just hold diagonal up with two bars?

I need to learn how to score them consistently.