The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    7055 posts Big Money Move
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Let it commence! I can’t wait to watch! (Perhaps I can actually learn to score watching your gifs because I need all the help I can get right now!) :D

Thanks, my man. I probably won't be GOATing till after release. I just use early access time to trade and play clubs.

And I can't score for the life of me either!
  • James Libby
    Did you pack him ??

Unfortunately, no. And the one I got isn't even fresh!

But, damn, he was cheap. 300k less than I paid last year!
  • James Libby
    Currieman wrote: »
    Well played sir!!! Now get GOATing.

Thank you, my friend. GOATing will commence in earnest soon enough!
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Get in there, but must express slight disappointment about not starting with the prime goat :'(

Although I guess that’s down to wanting to preserve your bank account somewhat so I applaud your self control!

Ya know, Robot, I always liked you. You are one of the few people on here who I have on my Xbox friends list.

But this comment is worthy of a de-friending - so duplicitous is your denigration.
  • James Libby
    edited September 2018
    GOAT FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Of course, the PRIME would be best.... you greedy, insouciant mugs. YEAH - I get it.

I only played 800 games with the card last year. I only have a custom placard of the 93 GOAT on my office wall right in front of me as I type this. You think I don't know the difference between the one true GOAT and his would be secondary and tertiary iterations?

Shall I remind you that months after many of the other RTGs on this forum faded away last year, I goated.

Dozens of other threads, seeking to meet this or that goal with this or that player, came, went, sometimes came again, and wilted like so many flowers in the sun.... and still I goated.

Orison trolling me with his bicycle kick goals. Louis asking questions more innane than a three year old who has just discovered the word "why", and comment after comment deriding Henry as not the REAL goat (SO hilarious) - and STILL I GOATED.

Maybe it's because I'm older, maybe it's because my job is basically predicated on patience, maybe it's because the GOAT and I are one - he is inside of me - always - but something tells me that to be given THE Goat on day one would lead to less appreciation.... then again, from what I've discerned on my thread in the wake of what I dared to think was one of the most auspicious and epic starts in modern GOATing history - appreciation is apparently a cheap commodity.

I HAVE THE 87 LW ON LITERALLY THE FIRST DAY OF PRE-RELEASE YOU FICKLE AND FANATICAL FINKS.

In other words: The greatest season in the history of GOATing is about to take place.

Bow down.

Take heed.

And relax.

For ye know not of what ye speak!!!!!!!!!
  • James Libby
    edited September 2018
    To GOAT is to appreciate the GOAT in all his forms, all of his iterations, all of his being:

336b364c73982f2c1a2d499a9921a81d.gyf
  • RebelRob
    6641 posts Big Money Move
    Get in there, but must express slight disappointment about not starting with the prime goat :'(

Although I guess that’s down to wanting to preserve your bank account somewhat so I applaud your self control!

Ya know, Robot, I always liked you. You are one of the few people on here who I have on my Xbox friends list.

But this comment is worthy of a de-friending - so duplicitous is your denigration.

Your language is so delightful I almost wasn’t offended by your threat of an unfriending. :'(

But I apologise for any offence caused so soon into the new chapter of goating, please accept my offer of us getting a game or 2 in soon as a form of redemption.
  • James Libby

Your language is so delightful I almost wasn’t offended by your threat of an unfriending. :'(

But I apologise for any offence caused so soon into the new chapter of goating, please accept my offer of us getting a game or 2 in soon as a form of redemption.

DONE.
  • James Libby
    edited September 2018
    Finish this team with 300k:

9d380b61d04a086621d98b21310995b3.gyf

The winner gets a prize!
  • RebelRob
    I don’t know if you can do online friendlies on early access, I guess you can, but may be around this evening (for me anyway) if you want a quick one? I don’t mind waiting til full release though.

I see you like a good clubs game as well so maybe we could have a bit of a jolly on there once I’ve got my guy past 81 like this year :D

Also, lloris, fekir, umtiti/varane, and Mbappe?
  • EddieFicio
    22477 posts Club Captain

The winner gets a prize!

RM makelele up top with henry
  • James Libby
    I don’t know if you can do online friendlies on early access, I guess you can, but may be around this evening (for me anyway) if you want a quick one? I don’t mind waiting til full release though.

I see you like a good clubs game as well so maybe we could have a bit of a jolly on there once I’ve got my guy past 81 like this year :D

I like to use my access time to trade and play clubs; I'm not used to the game yet AT ALL, so playing FUT is just asking for a headache. Plus, it's fun on release to have an 86+ when everyone else is at 78; you can wreak some real havoc! So, I'll see if you're on this weekend when I am and if you're down to play, your rating doesn't even matter.

• James Libby
    edited September 2018
    EddieFicio wrote: »

The winner gets a prize!

RM makelele up top with henry

Eddie, your opinion is highly vaunted on the GOAT forum. You are one of the most knowledgeable and skilled players we have on here. But, are you trolling me?

If not, dare I ask: why? Is he actually decent?!?
  • James Libby
    DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE HAVOC THAT BENZEMA AND YOUNG GOAT WREAKED LAST YEAR TOGETHER???

Have you no sense or appreciation of nostalgia? Of GOATing tradition? Of the way of the ancients?
  • James Libby

The winner gets a prize!

This is why we cannot have a board.

If the best answer I can elicit is a TROLL Makelele shout, I'm buying Lehmann out of sheer spite.
  • Dodds
    9085 posts League Winner
    Pleased you’ve got him fella, looking forward to the updates again.
  • Färjestad
    2696 posts Fans' Favourite
    4132 with Mbappe and Ribery or Martial
  • RebelRob

I like to use my access time to trade and play clubs; I'm not used to the game yet AT ALL, so playing FUT is just asking for a headache. Plus, it's fun on release to have an 86+ when everyone else is at 78; you can wreak some real havoc! So, I'll see if you're on this weekend when I am and if you're down to play, your rating doesn't even matter.

Yeah no problem. I’ve not done the unlimited time glitch so probably have only 1-2 hours tops left on the early access, and may not be available this weekend but if you see me online hit me up! I usually trade as well early on but need to practise ALOT this year I feel, but I also find I have less time available as I get older so I’m gonna try and focus on trading more and will hopefully end up with a team like your previous one!

Also, sad to say that only got onboard with your thread late on I think, maybe half way through or a tad earlier, so missed your beginning of goating, but looking forward to the thread expanding my vocabulary somewhat again this year!

Also, I feel this year icons will be standout even moreso than the last few, especially on 16/17 I think some nifs were massively outperforming ‘better cards’ those years, so this year can see them being devastating.
  • James Libby
    Färjestad wrote: »
    4132 with Mbappe and Ribery or Martial

I haven't even SEEN an Mbappe. Is he just extinct?
  • James Libby
    Dodds wrote: »
    Pleased you’ve got him fella, looking forward to the updates again.

Thanks, my man!
  • James Libby

Yeah no problem. I’ve not done the unlimited time glitch so probably have only 1-2 hours tops left on the early access, and may not be available this weekend but if you see me online hit me up! I usually trade as well early on but need to practise ALOT this year I feel, but I also find I have less time available as I get older so I’m gonna try and focus on trading more and will hopefully end up with a team like your previous one!

Also, sad to say that only got onboard with your thread late on I think, maybe half way through or a tad earlier, so missed your beginning of goating, but looking forward to the thread expanding my vocabulary somewhat again this year!

Also, I feel this year icons will be standout even moreso than the last few, especially on 16/17 I think some nifs were massively outperforming ‘better cards’ those years, so this year can see them being devastating.

Sounds great, mate. - join any time.

Here's hoping to tumefied graph-aphelia and overpowered ICONS!
  • EddieFicio
    22477 posts Club Captain

The winner gets a prize!

If the best answer I can elicit is a TROLL Makelele shout, I'm buying Lehmann out of sheer spite.

Yes i was trolling @James Libby sorry. I assume make is decent at CM tho
  • James Libby

The winner gets a prize!

Fair enough. I def want to try the 87 - it just seems expensive.

To atone for your sins, can you tell me: what's the lowest you've seen Mbappe?
  • EddieFicio
    22477 posts Club Captain

The winner gets a prize!

230k extinct before they upped his range, he's now 460k extinct.
  • James Libby

The winner gets a prize!

Good LORD!

Thanks, man!
  • RebelRob
    Looks like Mbappe is now sub 340k on bids!
  • James Libby

I can't deny that I covet him.

Is this the forum's wish? To combine the young Goat with Ye Olde?!?
  • EddieFicio
    22477 posts Club Captain

The winner gets a prize!

Good LORD!

Thanks, man!

he dropped now!
  • RebelRob

I can't deny that I covet him.

Is this the forum's wish? To combine the young Goat with Ye Olde?!?

To quote a famous Austrian bodybuilder, ‘Do it NOW!’
  • James Libby
    Benz and Ribery are like old soul mates. It's so hard giving in to the passage of time - Of the winnowing of one great generation of Frenchmen unto another.

For some reason, when I used to score goals with Benzema in FIFA 12, i would always scream "BIG BOY BENZZZZZZZZZZ AHHHHHH" like an overstimulated ape. It never gets old.

Maybe I should make a B-team with the Goats of Olde? And then the young gunners?