The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• Nen
    4347 posts Moderator
    Lovely team.

Always enjoy following the thread.

Must admit every time i load it im more and more tempted by Henry.
    If they made him slightly cheaper i would have probably done him already. Can't quite justify right now!

Next step upgrading that pogba i guess?
  • James Libby
    5223 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 5
    Nen wrote: »
    Lovely team.

Always enjoy following the thread.

Must admit every time i load it im more and more tempted by Henry.
    If they made him slightly cheaper i would have probably done him already. Can't quite justify right now!

Next step upgrading that pogba i guess?

Thanks for the shout, mate. You filthy lurker - we need to hear more from you. AND you should definitely try Henry - though I can't justify his SBC cost at this point, tbh.

Great question about Pogba - yes, he is definitely next. Ideally, I'd like to add Vieira and Roberto Carlos next, but I could really use a nice price break on their PIM SBCs. I have a finite amount of coin left and very little inclination to trade, so I need to make savvy moves for the next month or so and have a bit of coin left to play around with TOTS. Full disclosure: I had a shot at a Prime Vieira at 1.8m during TOTY and instead bought Prime Eusebio instead. While I made a LOT of coin in the end, I definitely chose poorly in retrospect. And that also kills me every time I look at his price now!
  • James Libby
    The new team:
    80e103cb56a1da38593809100afc764c.gyf

While I am sad to bench Ribery (and Lala - who was sound), it is only just that he is displaced by his teammate. The hype was just too horned for FB Robben, and the nostalgia of his card in past FIFAs too thick.

Bump for horn.
  • RebelRob
    5025 posts Big Money Move
    The premium sbc design is lovely, and that Robben card looks pretty immense, but can’t be doing with dropping 800k odd at the moment which is a shame. A month ago I might have though.

That team looks pretty menacing though. You going for the weekend league this weekend James?
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »
    The premium sbc design is lovely, and that Robben card looks pretty immense, but can’t be doing with dropping 800k odd at the moment which is a shame. A month ago I might have though.

That team looks pretty menacing though. You going for the weekend league this weekend James?

My long lost friend. I debated the cost of Robben a great deal. It's just a special card in FUT.

I remember getting his 90 rated card back in FUT 12. It was my first big card. Back then there were maybe 5 cards over 90 total in the game. And I played my friend and he started talking **** about Robben, getting me flustered as LouisQW taking a Rorschach test. Then, in extra time, tied 1-1, Robben dribbled the entire length of the field (I was screaming "coast to coast! coast to COAST!!!!") and absolutely jimmy-jacked a laser with his left foot to win the game. It's memories like those which give a value to cards like these, and I'm afraid Robben's time in the sun is coming to a close. I can only hope for an even HORNIER Ribery card (who, btw, is still very much relevant for Bayern).

I won't be playing WL this weekend, mate. I'm on a "6 wins every other week" sorta schedule now. It makes the most sense for my schedule and my sanity. But I have seen you are continuing to kick **** every week. Which is rather amazing considering you're still using that 10 at 2 scrub Raul.
  • GoonerJoe88
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    Bergkamp with the finesse feed to the gallivanting GOAT in stride:

ForthrightSimpleAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Wait! There is a finesse style pass? Or is this just the scoop lob pass? LT+X?

YES!!! Triple-tap X while you hold LT!
    Here are my best goals today with Henry and Bergkamp. They work perfectly together.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I love the header in the first one. But the iceman rocket in the third is SO Dennis!

Yeah, I think that was the first time the header looked like a chipped header!

I did not know the finesse style pass was in the game! Thanks for the info!
  • James Libby

Here are my best goals today with Henry and Bergkamp. They work perfectly together.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I love the header in the first one. But the iceman rocket in the third is SO Dennis!

I was completely joking about that, mate. Don't take me seriously when I'm horned!
  • RebelRob
    5025 posts Big Money Move
    That’s what FIFA’s all about, doing stuff that YOU want and make you happy. There’s nothing better than beating a cocksure mate while rubbing their nose in it and appreciating your love for a few players as I have for some also. My friend had the toty version (on 15 I think it was) and he was an absolute monster so I hope he’s as good as he was on that for you this time round, he looks like he should be.

And yes despite rocking a poverty, deconstructed team currently which has resulted in relegating my main striker to cam for chemistry reasons 😂 I’ve not done too badly considering, although admittedly last week I got to 14 with I think 3 games left and that was the most I’ve struggled in a long time. Maybe down to my team, maybe because of the servers and gameplay, I don’t know.

But just because you’re up and gunning with your pim goat that’s a bit of a low blow against Raul 😢 I’ve seen your goals, know you’re a bit of a dab hand with the long bombs so we MUST get a friendly in before the end of 19 or I’ll have to call you out as being too scared to have a proper goat off 😈
  • GoonerJoe88
    915 posts Semi-Pro

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I was completely joking about that, mate. Don't take me seriously when I'm horned!

giphy.gif

:D
  • BlitzersNL
    24149 posts Club Captain
    If only prime Henry was about 700k
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »
    That’s what FIFA’s all about, doing stuff that YOU want and make you happy. There’s nothing better than beating a cocksure mate while rubbing their nose in it and appreciating your love for a few players as I have for some also. My friend had the toty version (on 15 I think it was) and he was an absolute monster so I hope he’s as good as he was on that for you this time round, he looks like he should be.

And yes despite rocking a poverty, deconstructed team currently which has resulted in relegating my main striker to cam for chemistry reasons 😂 I’ve not done too badly considering, although admittedly last week I got to 14 with I think 3 games left and that was the most I’ve struggled in a long time. Maybe down to my team, maybe because of the servers and gameplay, I don’t know.

But just because you’re up and gunning with your pim goat that’s a bit of a low blow against Raul 😢 I’ve seen your goals, know you’re a bit of a dab hand with the long bombs so we MUST get a friendly in before the end of 19 or I’ll have to call you out as being too scared to have a proper goat off 😈

I also had that TOTY Robben! It was truly immense.

And I was genuinely joking about Raul. Just thought I'd rile you up. YOU are the one dominating WL, not me!
  • James Libby
    BlitzersNL wrote: »

Then? What would happen?
  • James Libby

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:D

Duly noted.
  • James Libby
    Quickly realized Robben is best up top:

56dfa8a8199da139fd4dc741f8489a7d.gyf
  • WonderMouse
    2016 posts Fans' Favourite

But where is Dennis?
  • James Libby

But where is Dennis?

I played three games with Dennis at striker, Robben on the wing, and Alaba at RB.... and then three games with Robben up top... and, well, I'm sorry to say Robben is just on another level, mate. He's sooooo quick, agile, and fun... I just can't justify leaving him out at RM from what I've seen thus far.

The good news? Bergkamp has been given the armband for my Arsenal team:
    4762701e5ca3646dbf9050c9a6967041.gyf
  • WonderMouse
    Should play 433(4) with Henry up top flanked by neymar and robben, with Dennis at CAM?
  • BlitzersNL
    24149 posts Club Captain

Then? What would happen?

I would be able to afford him :D
  • BlitzersNL
    24149 posts Club Captain
    Going to get 90 Henry at striker. Want to have the GOAT.
  • James Libby
    Should play 433(4) with Henry up top flanked by neymar and robben, with Dennis at CAM?

So, you are reading my mind here a bit. That is what I SHOULD do. But this formation is working for me. I always feel like I make changes like what you are suggesting and end up ruining my own flow for the sake of cards I want to fit in. This year I am sticking to what works.

Have I truly dishonored Dennis in this way? Play me straight, mate.
  • James Libby

Then? What would happen?

I would be able to afford him :D
    Going to get 90 Henry at striker. Want to have the GOAT.

I hear you, mate. Listen - both the 87 and the 90 are fun to play with. The young goat is fast, agile (if a bit weak) and a real "take your man on" type of striker. The 90 LW, on the other hand, is a tank. Incredible strength, and amazing passing and shooting. A true target man - if a bit slower than he looks (and should be). You will enjoy playing with either, I assure you. And when you do, please by all means post your goals here for us to see and revel in!

PS - My experiences with both these cards (played 50 games with each to begin the year) start on about page 5 of this thread. Check it out!
  • WonderMouse

So, you are reading my mind here a bit. That is what I SHOULD do. But this formation is working for me. I always feel like I make changes like what you are suggesting and end up ruining my own flow for the sake of cards I want to fit in. This year I am sticking to what works.

Have I truly dishonored Dennis in this way? Play me straight, mate.

Should always choose formation and players to suit those positions. So if he doens't fit in currently then it's fine
  • BlitzersNL
    24149 posts Club Captain
    SBC Aaron Ramsey looks fantastic
  • ccooaattssyy
    6933 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 6
    I have spent most of my coins now, but would be possible to make a great Arsenal team now.

Just need a flashback Cashley for LB...
  • WonderMouse
    Welcome Cruyff
  • GoonerJoe88
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    SBC Aaron Ramsey looks fantastic

This! I am broke at the moment though. :s :(
  • James Libby
    OH WE DOIN RAMBO
  • James Libby
    What is the absolutely most horned Arsenal team you can build? Unlimited budget.

Prize for the winner.
  • ccooaattssyy
    With icons?
  • ccooaattssyy
    C1-A257-B8-6-F5-C-4-D90-BAB1-B6-B77-B41-F0-FD.jpg