The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• I'm trying to sell off my tradeable PIM Goat to have a fresh one for the remainder of the game. No one is buying though and everytime I list mine someone lists theirs for cheaper. :D :s :(

What do you guys think would be an acceptable buying price? Mines listed at 3.750 but I'm thinking about listing him for 3.5. All I need is enough to cover his SBC and I'll be happy. :#

Sell goat. Do goat SBC. Become legend.

I did the GOAT SBC last night but those 14 challenges took quite a while! I don't have SBC fodder so had to buy each player! That is 154 players!

It was totally worth it! B) I have him paired up top with 92 Bergkamp and next upgrade will be PIM Bergkamp.

I played 8 games last night and this duo were destroying my opponents by themselves. I can't imagine how much more lethal it will be when I upgrade Bergkamp.

In one match the GOAT did this flair flick and I smashed in a volley top corner from outside the box. He like twirled his body around the defender with the ball in mid air. I need to learn how to record all these clips! It looked very similar to the famous Bergkamp goal!
  • James Libby
    4982 posts Big Money Move
    I'm lookijng at Vieira for my final team and would happily get the 88 over the prime or pim if it meant upgrading elsewhere

Yeah, with the price so exorbitantly high on his PIM, I tend to agree.
  • James Libby
    I'm trying to sell off my tradeable PIM Goat to have a fresh one for the remainder of the game. No one is buying though and everytime I list mine someone lists theirs for cheaper. :D :s :(

What do you guys think would be an acceptable buying price? Mines listed at 3.750 but I'm thinking about listing him for 3.5. All I need is enough to cover his SBC and I'll be happy. :#

I did the GOAT SBC last night but those 14 challenges took quite a while! I don't have SBC fodder so had to buy each player! That is 154 players!

It was totally worth it! B) I have him paired up top with 92 Bergkamp and next upgrade will be PIM Bergkamp.

I played 8 games last night and this duo were destroying my opponents by themselves. I can't imagine how much more lethal it will be when I upgrade Bergkamp.

In one match the GOAT did this flair flick and I smashed in a volley top corner from outside the box. He like twirled his body around the defender with the ball in mid air. I need to learn how to record all these clips! It looked very similar to the famous Bergkamp goal!

YOU NEED TO START RECORDING!

We must share in the mirth of Goat Domination Gyfs!!!!
  • I'm trying to sell off my tradeable PIM Goat to have a fresh one for the remainder of the game. No one is buying though and everytime I list mine someone lists theirs for cheaper. :D :s :(

YOU NEED TO START RECORDING!

We must share in the mirth of Goat Domination Gyfs!!!!

I'm slowly learning. I tried to record the replay, but instead I recorded my dashboard :D.
    I'll get it soon enough ;)
  • GL
    5834 posts Big Money Move
    I'm lookijng at Vieira for my final team and would happily get the 88 over the prime or pim if it meant upgrading elsewhere

But you can’t have a team of goats without the goatest versions of that card ;)
  • mjs4p
    11034 posts Has That Special Something
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    Congrats @James Libby

• James Libby
    GL wrote: »

But you can’t have a team of goats without the goatest versions of that card ;)

SEE! I knew it!!!!
  • James Libby
    mjs4p wrote: »
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    Congrats @James Libby

Thank you my main man!
  • James Libby
    I will be goat streaming here in about an hour. I will also post my goals and thoughts on PIM Henry between games. Stay tuned!
  • ThirdRonaldo
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I did his SBC until 2am in the morning and only played one game with him. In that one game he played awesome. Now I’m stuck doing family stuff and can’t long in to play LOL.
  • James Libby
    I did his SBC until 2am in the morning and only played one game with him. In that one game he played awesome. Now I’m stuck doing family stuff and can’t long in to play LOL.

This is my life! I'm in nearly the exact same boat, except I stayed up till midnight and today has been family/academic/yard work. So frustrating, this whole "adult" thing.

Let us know how you get on when you were finally free, my man.
  • WonderMouse
    1988 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 30
    Finally cleared my unassinged pile so now I will finally be doing some Spanish goating, welcome David Villa
  • Alexrb89
    3421 posts National Call-Up
    I’m very curious to hear your thoughts on the new GOAT once you get a chance to use him. Took a break from the game for a while but now I’m back and need something to spice things up a bit.

I got Bergkamp and Robben today and I feel like Henry would fit in well with those 2, although the competition in that price range is tough so I wanna make sure it’s worth it first.

Now I genuinely can’t wait till we (hopefully) get a stacked Ribery card. Who needs fancy TOTS cards when you can have him and Arjen on the wings?
  • James Libby
    THE GOAT JUST BUSTED
  • James Libby
    Omg he's savaging
  • James Libby
    First rage quit!!!!

Scalping fools with the GOAT!!!!
  • WonderMouse
    So how does he feel? People have been saying he feels smoother than the prime, agree?
  • James Libby
    So how does he feel? People have been saying he feels smoother than the prime, agree?

Smooth as double-whipped cream poured over a satin bedsheet.
  • MouseGlik
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    wait, so he doesn't have the same haircut as his dynamic pic

this is such buzz kill EA
  • GoonerJoe88
    907 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 31
    Here is one I saved but it wasn't too flashy. This second one was with 90 Bergkamp and same type of goal.

https://xboxclips.com/GoonerJoe88/48410680-f60b-4cd4-bb0a-7e80d5ca564e

https://xboxclips.com/GoonerJoe88/a812a17b-3e64-4e87-9db3-3d6ab616b965
  • WonderMouse

NIce, that last goal is absolutely classic Henry
  • SimenHP
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why is he so expensive?

From his stats only, he doesn't look like his sbc should be more than around 2m. Best is 1.94m, while Henry is 3.19m on xbox (even Matthaus, which I expected to be top 5 most expensive is 500k cheaper), I just don't see him being worth almost 1.5m more than Best. I wonder what Eusebio, R9 and Gullit will cost than, I thought they would be around 3-3.5m, now it looks like they can be 5m+
  • James Libby
    MouseGlik wrote: »
    wait, so he doesn't have the same haircut as his dynamic pic

this is such buzz kill EA

You know a bit about a buzzkill, if I had to guess.
  • James Libby

NIce, that last goal is absolutely classic Henry

Thank you, mate. I recorded commentary, but somehow it messed up.
  • James Libby
    Here is one I saved but it wasn't too flashy. This second one was with 90 Bergkamp and same type of goal.

https://xboxclips.com/GoonerJoe88/48410680-f60b-4cd4-bb0a-7e80d5ca564e

https://xboxclips.com/GoonerJoe88/a812a17b-3e64-4e87-9db3-3d6ab616b965

Love that first goal. Very nicely done!!!

Shades of his goal vs Man U in 2000.....
  • James Libby
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    I’m very curious to hear your thoughts on the new GOAT once you get a chance to use him. Took a break from the game for a while but now I’m back and need something to spice things up a bit.

I got Bergkamp and Robben today and I feel like Henry would fit in well with those 2, although the competition in that price range is tough so I wanna make sure it’s worth it first.

Now I genuinely can’t wait till we (hopefully) get a stacked Ribery card. Who needs fancy TOTS cards when you can have him and Arjen on the wings?

I feel the same way, mate. I'm actually considering doing Robben as well. And when Ribery comes out I will have him done within mere moments.
  • James Libby
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Why is he so expensive?

From his stats only, he doesn't look like his sbc should be more than around 2m. Best is 1.94m, while Henry is 3.19m on xbox (even Matthaus, which I expected to be top 5 most expensive is 500k cheaper), I just don't see him being worth almost 1.5m more than Best. I wonder what Eusebio, R9 and Gullit will cost than, I thought they would be around 3-3.5m, now it looks like they can be 5m+

You make a good point here, but exaggerate a bit - he's worth 2m based on stats? Arbitrary much?

While I agree his price is surprising - especially so as compared to Best and Matthaus.... it's Thierry **** Henry, mate. Less than 1% on these forums watched either of those players. How many on here know about or watched the 2003 season? How many have seen him on Sky? Or in a commercial? Like it or not, Henry is simply a much more popular player than many of the other Icons.

But you are absolutely right about the big boys: they are going to cost quite a bit more than any of us expected (if Henry's price is any guide).

Cheers!
  • James Libby
    The King has come!

SO HAVE I!!!!!!!!!!

When you do complete the SBC try an engine chem style on him. This boosts his balance to 80 which is very noticeable in game and the rest of his dribbling stats to 99 except for composure.

15b05c558f5903f44c1c7126d67cd70b.gyf

Oh, chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, bro.
  • CovLee_Candice
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    15540429562265191.gif?1554042967

he is hereee