The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• The Goat straight SMOKING cats...

SnarlingWelldocumentedDrever.gif
    The Goat straight SMOKING cats...

SnarlingWelldocumentedDrever.gif

Beautiful! Was that a outside foot shot?

I usually score those with Bergkamp coming off the right striker role.

I have scored a couple with Henry and I think they are the nicest looking shots.

I think it was inside of the foot, but I am not certain. But you are right: those type of goals sure look beautiful when they fall.

Just slowly chipping away at 1000 goals over here in GOAT purgatory. I've never felt so lost in a FIFA game before. Sitting on a ton of coin, don't HAVE to do anything, but.... ultimately feel like I have to (or should).

Oh, GOAT, why must ye vex me so?!!

I'm also still lost on what to do. I might be able to afford Moments GOAT SBC if I sell everything if he gets one and also still conflicted if I buy him off the market.

I will probably not have enough time in the game to surround him with Petit, Moments Bergkamp, and at least 86 Vieira. Oh I forgot about Pires and Sol also.

I'm seriously thinking of convincing myself that these Moments cards never happened and just keep building around their normal Primes. :s :( :D
  • ccooaattssyy
    5760 posts Big Money Move
    How do you find Dennis?
  • James Libby
    4984 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 25
    How do you find Dennis?

I haven't used him this year besides one WL with the 87 early on. I did, however, play with his Prime for over 500+ games last year and the man is an amazing striker. Top notch shooting, great dribbling and passing, and decent strength.

Edit: I WILL try the moments Iceman at some point and tag you with the results, friend.
    Post edited by James Libby on
  • James Libby
    GOAT FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm tired or this BS; we're getting a Prime Moments card!
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2579 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finally taken the plunge on prime Henry while maintaining a decent side around him and knew there was only one place to come for advice.

Which chem style gets the best out of him in your opinion? Sniper looks a good option but that balance could do with a boost. I run engine on CR7 for the same reason and seems to work out well.
  • James Libby
    Finally taken the plunge on prime Henry while maintaining a decent side around him and knew there was only one place to come for advice.

Which chem style gets the best out of him in your opinion? Sniper looks a good option but that balance could do with a boost. I run engine on CR7 for the same reason and seems to work out well.

So glad to have you in the fold, brotha. Post this team! We need to see the GOAT in all his glory.

So, a lot of people find Engine to be the best with Henry, but I am a Sniper chem user all day. It's just what works for me, but I don't find his balance that much of a problem. He's got that complete-forward feel, and i think you'll find he's quite dangerous regardless of chem. If you try Engine, definitely let us know how it goes! And let's see that team!
  • James Libby
    This is the type of **** regular Prime Lehmann was doing for me when I used him:

OpenDopeyAntarcticfurseal.gif
    LeafyConventionalIvorybilledwoodpecker.gif

Perhaps he will be our FIRST Prime Moments Icon?!?!?!?
  • This is the type of **** regular Prime Lehmann was doing for me when I used him:

OpenDopeyAntarcticfurseal.gif
    LeafyConventionalIvorybilledwoodpecker.gif

Perhaps he will be our FIRST Prime Moments Icon?!?!?!?

I actually have only tried base Lehmann in the early stages of the game and was really impressed!

I really want to try Prime Moments Pires as I really enjoy using his normal Prime. I find his Moments card finally doing justice to what I thought his stats should look like in game.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    edited February 26

So glad to have you in the fold, brotha. Post this team! We need to see the GOAT in all his glory.

So, a lot of people find Engine to be the best with Henry, but I am a Sniper chem user all day. It's just what works for me, but I don't find his balance that much of a problem. He's got that complete-forward feel, and i think you'll find he's quite dangerous regardless of chem. If you try Engine, definitely let us know how it goes! And let's see that team!

This is what we're talking at the moment. I love the 4321 for going forward, and don't normally like to tinker too much with pre-set formations after kick off as I'll no doubt mess it up and end up with Henry at LB, but I may have to do it at least in the early days.

Although after 10 games the team will be 100 chem and everyone will be 7 or above which is fine by me.

Edit: Might give a 4312 a go with Henry and Ronaldo playing ahead of Cruyff at CAM.

5aho9k.png
  • RebelRob
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    So, when are you going for Optimus Goat then?

ASAP or waiting for a reasonably priced one?
  • James Libby

This is what we're talking at the moment. I love the 4321 for going forward, and don't normally like to tinker too much with pre-set formations after kick off as I'll no doubt mess it up and end up with Henry at LB, but I may have to do it at least in the early days.

Although after 10 games the team will be 100 chem and everyone will be 7 or above which is fine by me.

Edit: Might give a 4312 a go with Henry and Ronaldo playing ahead of Cruyff at CAM.

5aho9k.png

Very nice team, mate. Surprised to see Socrates at DM though - how's he handle that role?
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »

The truth: I should have cashed out and bought him immediately in retrospect.

Then, I saw one the other day for 5.8m and didn't have the coin....

And now, I'm wondering what a "good price" is....

I definitely want him, but I am not sure the best way to extricate myself from the current goat (maybe at 500 games, switch them out?) nor what price I would be comfortable with buying the PIM Henry at.

We both know the second I do that they will drop his SBC and cost me 2m in the blink of an eye.

What are your thoughts?
  • FootyFootyFootball
    edited February 26

5aho9k.png

Very nice team, mate. Surprised to see Socrates at DM though - how's he handle that role?

Actually since buying Cruyff and Henry I've been playing about with positions for chemistry - that screen shot just caught me between switching around.

Petit and Ibra will likely swap places to leave Petit on stay back while attacking and let the other two get forward.
  • James Libby
    edited February 26
    The new addition:

aa786c70bf4f752dc506fc752c4f170d.gyf

Of course his dynamic isn't working the day I go to show him off.... EA - it's IN the game.

First two games he played really well. Very good dribbling and passing and his crossing was absolutely epic. Shooting felt a bit flat to me, but I only had like two good shots with him. Definitely excited to see if I can get him more involved in the future.
  • James Libby
    The goal here is not impressive.

https://xboxclips.com/Father Wack/1d7ad711-5bba-4bfc-b251-a54aac06151b

But watch how Henry smokes the defender in the middle of the pitch!
  • James Libby
    edited February 26
    The single greatest goal in GOAT forum history (not scored by the actual GOAT):

GrandFixedBug.gif

FoolhardyLikelyAntlion.gif
  • No expiration date on the Moments SBCs! The Ultimate GOAT will be ours!
  • RebelRob

I definitely want him, but I am not sure the best way to extricate myself from the current goat (maybe at 500 games, switch them out?) nor what price I would be comfortable with buying the PIM Henry at.

We both know the second I do that they will drop his SBC and cost me 2m in the blink of an eye.

What are your thoughts?

I don’t think anyone predicted just how rare these would be on the market.

I could have bought best or adp on release and made over 1m on each, but didn’t foresee what’s happened.

I think in your position the best thing to do is sell Henry in the WL hype (Thursday pm-Friday pm) and wait for a good deal, but admittedly that could be a while unless you can monitor the market 24/7.

My head says wait for them to drop, but my heart says just buy it and don’t look back.

But, like you said an sbc could mean losing 1m coins like nothing, even more most likely, so it’s a game of chance really.

Will ea release a big boy soon? You’d think no because they’ve been so bad at releasing the decent icon sbc's, but then you almost want to second guess them and WANT a good sbc to be released as you think they can’t leave it this long for them to release something good so it must come soon surely. But this is ea, even they have no idea what’s going to happen imo.
  • James Libby
    No expiration date on the Moments SBCs! The Ultimate GOAT will be ours!

When is he coming out though?!?!?!
  • James Libby

What are your thoughts?

I could have bought best or adp on release and made over 1m on each, but didn’t foresee what’s happened.

I think in your position the best thing to do is sell Henry in the WL hype (Thursday pm-Friday pm) and wait for a good deal, but admittedly that could be a while unless you can monitor the market 24/7.

My head says wait for them to drop, but my heart says just buy it and don’t look back.

But, like you said an sbc could mean losing 1m coins like nothing, even more most likely, so it’s a game of chance really.

Will ea release a big boy soon? You’d think no because they’ve been so bad at releasing the decent icon sbc's, but then you almost want to second guess them and WANT a good sbc to be released as you think they can’t leave it this long for them to release something good so it must come soon surely. But this is ea, even they have no idea what’s going to happen imo.

You nailed this. It's soooooo frustrating though. We could get his SBC Friday, we could get it in June. With that in mind, until he drops, I'll never feel safe or comfortable or secure in what I've bought.

It really, truly was a luxury for his SBC and Prime to release on Black Friday last year. It made the rest of my plans so simple. This year all bets are off, and FIFA is worse off for it imho.
  • mjs4p
    11036 posts Has That Special Something

What are your thoughts?

You nailed this. It's soooooo frustrating though. We could get his SBC Friday, we could get it in June. With that in mind, until he drops, I'll never feel safe or comfortable or secure in what I've bought.

It really, truly was a luxury for his SBC and Prime to release on Black Friday last year. It made the rest of my plans so simple. This year all bets are off, and FIFA is worse off for it imho.

Spot on. At this point last year I had Henry, ADP, Vieira, and Bergkamp in my team, and by mid/late March I had added Prime R9 and Gullit. None of those players have had an SBC released this year, and at this rate I probably couldn’t afford the best versions of those cards from the market even after TOTS!
  • RebelRob
    The funny thing is as well, with their ‘no one can control the market, it’s a living organism’ bull **** they are trying to control it themselves, which is exactly what they’re stating shouldn’t happen 😂

But they’re dumb though, they think they’re doing whatever they can to stop people profiteering from investing and hopefully spend more money, but really the traders and alike are still making the coins so they’re just harming themselves in the long run.

• FootyFootyFootball
    So after taking the plunge on Prime Henry (most probably with some influence from this thread) I'm currently 15 games in.

Got to say I was a little disappointed at first. He always felt in amongst it but the stats weren't really illustrating how he felt to play with. Got to the 8 game mark and he'd banked 3 goals and 2 assists - which isn't great by anyones standards. The disappointing thought of selling him started entering my mind and I was window shopping on Futbin.

Now I should say in fairness, I did change my formation when he came on board so that could have had an influence, but I still expected more.

But for every good performance that didn't quite yield the goals he seemed to deserve in games 1-8, games 9-15 paid back with interest. Suddenly something seemed to click. Whether I was relaxing more as I was thinking less about him, getting used to the formation or just playing lesser opponents, I don't know. All I know is he just starting banging goals for fun left, right and centre. Obviously it's still early days but the enjoyment of scoring and playing with him is higher than anyone else I've used this year.

In that second phase of games he scored 13 and assisted 4, bringing the ratio back to black. It's not even just the goals, the way he moves, turns and gallops down the pitch is quite a thing to behold.

I'm sorry for ever doubting you Thierry. What a man.
  • James Libby
    So after taking the plunge on Prime Henry (most probably with some influence from this thread) I'm currently 15 games in.

Got to say I was a little disappointed at first. He always felt in amongst it but the stats weren't really illustrating how he felt to play with. Got to the 8 game mark and he'd banked 3 goals and 2 assists - which isn't great by anyones standards. The disappointing thought of selling him started entering my mind and I was window shopping on Futbin.

Now I should say in fairness, I did change my formation when he came on board so that could have had an influence, but I still expected more.

But for every good performance that didn't quite yield the goals he seemed to deserve in games 1-8, games 9-15 paid back with interest. Suddenly something seemed to click. Whether I was relaxing more as I was thinking less about him, getting used to the formation or just playing lesser opponents, I don't know. All I know is he just starting banging goals for fun left, right and centre. Obviously it's still early days but the enjoyment of scoring and playing with him is higher than anyone else I've used this year.

In that second phase of games he scored 13 and assisted 4, bringing the ratio back to black. It's not even just the goals, the way he moves, turns and gallops down the pitch is quite a thing to behold.

I'm sorry for ever doubting you Thierry. What a man.

Epic tale from an epic GOAT gunner. His card definitely takes some getting used to BUT it is lethal as all hell!
  • James Libby
    The funny thing is as well, with their ‘no one can control the market, it’s a living organism’ bull **** they are trying to control it themselves, which is exactly what they’re stating shouldn’t happen 😂

But they’re dumb though, they think they’re doing whatever they can to stop people profiteering from investing and hopefully spend more money, but really the traders and alike are still making the coins so they’re just harming themselves in the long run.

I am sooooo pissed at this nonsense. I just wanted to slowly build my team out using Icon SBCs and here I am second-guessing myself, all worried about who gets released tomorrow. HOW can i buy PIM Henry knowing his SBC could easily be 1.5m less?!?!?!?! What type of GAME is this to spring such frenetic nonsense on us halfway through the game cycle?
  • James Libby
    Call me crazy: I actually wish Henry DID NOT get a PIM card. It would just make life so much easier!
  • James Libby
    PLEASE RELEASE A FORMER GUNNER PIM SBC EA, THANK YOU!!!
  • Littleland95
    16552 posts Moderator

Petit is out.
  • James Libby

Petit is out.

Dammit!

I meant another!
  • ccooaattssyy
    5760 posts Big Money Move
    Pires/Dennis the dream.