The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• CornishLad
    24516 posts Club Captain
    CornishLad wrote: »
    Can’t wait for this. Loved your last journey.

Another awesome forumer who also posted on the first page of my LAST thread. Incredible the continuity of support I've somehow fumbled into. Call me the Arsene Wenger of the forums!

I’ll always support your goat threads. Excited to see what this year brings for the goat
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    1) A board could be a good idea, putting things to a vote was an interesting part of the @Cadey 5 thread. You could go one step further if you wanted to make it difficult, and that would be to go for a director of football, putting all your signings in the hands of one person. That person could of course be voted out by a board if they aren't making signings that are in the interest of the club.

2) I'd like daily Gifs personally, but you don't want to put yourself under too much pressure, we don't want the GOAT to run out of steam.

3) Definitely try other Icons, it only makes the GOATS job easier.

4) France sounds like a logical decision to me.

Thanks for the feedback, my man. I am going to try and do daily gyfs - it's just a bit awkward because sometimes work will slam me and I won't play for days and then BOOM the wifey is gone or some other confluence of factors leads me to get a four or five hour session in and then I've got a DOZEN dank goals to share! But I agree daily would be best - and I will try my best!

My sense is that ICONs are indeed the best way forward, and there are a couple I want to try specifically (Trezeguet, Best, Makelele - maybe Sol and Jens) but I am going to start this year off with France - per your recommendation.
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    I want to now open the floor for HYPOTHETICAL suggestions about how this thread should be run this year. Last year was amazing, but I'd like to try and learn from it - theoretically - and do better this year (maybe).

Questions to consider:

1.) Should there be a board? If so, what powers would they have or vote on? (shout-out to my man @Cadey 5)

2.) Should GOAT gyfs be loaded on a daily basis? Or big batches of them when they come? Any preference?

3.) Should I wait until I can afford the Prime and ONLY gun with him? Or, in the interim, should I try out the other GOAT Icons (like last year)?

4.) Any other recommendations on theme or team to be used? I'm leaning toward FRANCE!

All suggestions welcome. Prepare for the horn, gentlemen.

Re-posting this - looking for any and all suggestions and feedback... before the Horn begins officially tomorrow!
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    :love:

Orange, my number one resolution this year is to harangue YOU as much as possible. I can't believe you took funniest forumer from me last year! Absolutely unbelievable!

But we shared the spoils, my dear Jimmy :kissing_heart:

Yes, yes - that's true. But you're a MOD and you tied for funniest forumer - THAT is a tie-breaker!

All I did was write the occasional Roberto Carlos erotic fiction and reply to @LouisQW

You have schooled a fair few with wit and wisdom le Professuer. GL in all your GOATing, big brother is watching :naughty:

What a freaky message to send! BIG BROTHER??? In the Orwellian sense? Or, like, you are legitimately my big brother?

If it's the latter, I'm honored. If it's the former, I'm nonplussed. B)
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26506 posts Player of the Year
    :love:

Orange, my number one resolution this year is to harangue YOU as much as possible. I can't believe you took funniest forumer from me last year! Absolutely unbelievable!

But we shared the spoils, my dear Jimmy :kissing_heart:

Yes, yes - that's true. But you're a MOD and you tied for funniest forumer - THAT is a tie-breaker!

All I did was write the occasional Roberto Carlos erotic fiction and reply to @LouisQW

You have schooled a fair few with wit and wisdom le Professuer. GL in all your GOATing, big brother is watching :naughty:

What a freaky message to send! BIG BROTHER??? In the Orwellian sense? Or, like, you are legitimately my big brother?

If it's the latter, I'm honored. If it's the former, I'm nonplussed. B)

E) All of the above.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    Glad this is happening again while fifa was dying out during Futties only reason I checked the forums was for the GOAT Thread.

Surely got to build the invincibles
  • Dodds
    9251 posts League Winner
    Good luck lad.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Ah mate … you are forum legend now, and I think we all know the effort this takes - posts like that are brilliant to read - and appreciate the time you put into entertaining us.

Good luck!
  • Knowlesdinho
    13706 posts Has That Special Something
    Ah mate … you are forum legend now, and I think we all know the effort this takes - posts like that are brilliant to read - and appreciate the time you put into entertaining us.

Good luck!

Forum legend with 2170 posts. It just goes to show, it's not the size of the post, it's what you do with it that counts! :lol:
  • VanBasten12

Good luck!

Forum legend with 2170 posts. It just goes to show, it's not the size of the post, it's what you do with it that counts! :lol:

Indeed! Quality over quantity IMO.
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    Game has been out less than a day and it's already an unmitigated disaster.

Why do I even try?
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    I will spare you my sob-story for now, it's time to get serious!

What price do I bite on 87 LW GOAT?????????

Master trader @Blarix

I'm calling in one of the favors you owe me.
    Post edited by James Libby on
  • I will spare you my sob-story for now, it's time to get serious!

Master trader @Blarix

• Kieren1888
    1763 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hopefully I dont completey give up on this fifa, dont even remember how many I got with Larsson last year. Atleast I will just be getting his prime asap. Good luck goating bro!
  • mjs4p
    11211 posts Has That Special Something

Master trader @Blarix

Too high. I’ve seen him in the mid 800s already.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

Master trader @Blarix

Wait for pack binge on 25th and get him for 800k or less. Things are bit different now with so many icons in packs
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    OH
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    MY
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    GAWD
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    7023456031ac656e835b3ec7ac8510c2.gyf
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Let the goating begin
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    Blarix wrote: »
    Let the goating begin

BOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAA
  • VanBasten12
    Wow. Day 2 … great job!
  • James Libby
    7673 posts League Winner
    Wow. Day 2 … great job!

Within 24 hours of getting the game!!! I want Day ONE status!
  • VanBasten12
    Wow. Day 2 … great job!

Within 24 hours of getting the game!!! I want Day ONE status!

:lol:

You Yanks are always behind time … says the Kiwi right on cusp of time zones.
  • mjs4p
    11211 posts Has That Special Something
    Let it commence! I can’t wait to watch! (Perhaps I can actually learn to score watching your gifs because I need all the help I can get right now!) :D
  • Wonderfulwest
    5162 posts Big Money Move
    Did you pack him ??
  • Currieman
    5020 posts Big Money Move
    Well played sir!!! Now get GOATing.
  • Hoopsterz
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    As he is in packs from the start surely the GOATing can only start when you have the one and only GOAT?

Also i like the France idea - Its logical.. But what about a past/present Arsenal team? Get Henry playing next to Walcott again haha
  • RebelRob
    6818 posts Big Money Move
    Get in there, but must express slight disappointment about not starting with the prime goat :'(

Although I guess that’s down to wanting to preserve your bank account somewhat so I applaud your self control!