The GOAT Lounge - All Things Henry

Comments

• James Libby
    5101 posts Big Money Move
    OH WE DOIN' PIM CRUYFF!!

JUST TO FEED THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And give me a reason to HORN!!!
  • Littleland95
    16624 posts Moderator
    OH WE DOIN' PIM CRUYFF!!

JUST TO FEED THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruyff is awesome.
  • RebelRob
    4962 posts National Call-Up
    You won’t regret it.
  • Flamstead
    2821 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bought the goat yesterday to slot in at ST in my French P+P team. Lets hope he lives up to his name!
  • James Libby
    edited July 2
    10faa8d2af95cc033fa1225f76ce6199.gyf

Absolutely RINSED my club. Bone dry. But Cruyff was about 600k after packs!!!
  • James Libby
    Need to find a GK I don't hate now.
  • Färjestad
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite

The only answer should really be Jens
  • James Libby
    Färjestad wrote: »

You read my mind!!!
  • James Libby
    Holy ****, Cruyff!!!
  • James Libby
    edited July 3
    Cruyff Doin' Work:

PoliteAcceptableAnhinga.gif
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4148 posts National Call-Up

You read my mind!!!

Is there no sbc for Jen's?
  • RebelRob
    Monster team James. Do you play 442?

Imo cruyff is better in a cam role, get a bit of space and he can do wonderful things, at striker I found people would close him down too quickly and just wipe him out (if they got him, of course).
  • RebelRob
    edited July 3
    Also, how would you compare ribery to robben? I see you’ve ditched your old pal Franck in favour of Neymar!?

The 5* skills is tempting so hoping for either one or the other as a rerelease over the new few days.
    Post edited by RebelRob on
  • James Libby

You read my mind!!!

Is there no sbc for Jen's?

Of course not. That would make too much sense.
  • James Libby
    edited July 3
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Monster team James. Do you play 442?

Imo cruyff is better in a cam role, get a bit of space and he can do wonderful things, at striker I found people would close him down too quickly and just wipe him out (if they got him, of course).

Hey, Rebel!

So, I've been playing 442 and its many variants all year - 4411, 4231 wide, etc. I quickly realized exactly what you forewarned me - Cruyff is going to be best at CAM, so I ended up with this:

dc66527a94bb8b30d62ced70579b8eeb.gyf

It's been working splendidly, and as advertised Cruyff is so damn fun to play with. I think I made the right choice in service to the GOAT. Either way, now I gotta figure out what to do with the rest of my damn coin. All I can think of is Gullit, maybe.

Anyway, here is the deal with Robbery - they're BOTH amazing. Truly. Robben is a bit better of a scorer, while Ribery is better playmaking. The way I use those wings in 442 is all about making space, holding up play, overlapping, etc. and frankly I've just been using Robben because he's RM, though I did have him at striker for at least three WLs and he was very effective there. Do you have any idea how nasty TOTY Neymar is, mate? He's lightning in a jar. Don't forget, I wacked him untradeable in the league SBC during TOTY. He's played close to 500 games for the club. He's the PERFECT LM for what I want out of the position. I usually sub in Ribery and TOTS Thauvin around the 60th-70th for Neymar & Robben - once I settle on the RB I want to use for end-game, I'll make a final shift of personnel. Either way, I highly recommend both of their SBCs re-release - they've both been great fun for me.

Oh, and you inspired me to go back to Robbery for the record!!!
    Post edited by James Libby on
  • RebelRob
    Funnily enough, I was going to suggest going to 4231. And gullit and big pat as cdms is going to be a decent shout to finish it off with who you have. Then aouar would be a perfect sub along with Neymar and thauvin as well.

And yes, how can I forget about you getting TOTY Neymar! So jelly of that not going to lie. But your team is a thing of beauty I must say.

Thanks for the word on robbery, I’ll have to wait and see who else is released before deciding on who to commit to. Ribery is tempting because of the skills but robben just has a lethal left peg so it will be a hard choice!
  • James Libby
    After casually playing 4-5 games this weekend, I genuinely wonder why and how I played WL for the past six weeks.
  • James Libby
    I have at least three million coin to spend. How could I best improve my defense?!
  • Littleland95
    16624 posts Moderator
    I have at least three million coin to spend. How could I best improve my defense?!

89 Van Der Sar.
  • mjs4p
    11071 posts Has That Special Something

89 Van Der Sar.

Probably a dumb question, but why is he the meta now? Why is he better than TOTY De Gea?
  • James Libby
    mjs4p wrote: »

89 Van Der Sar.

Probably a dumb question, but why is he the meta now? Why is he better than TOTY De Gea?

Great question. I think some YouTuber repped him. Anyway, dully noted. I need to upgrade GK. What else?
  • James Libby
    **** DEFENSE.

WE DOIN EUSEBIO.
  • Orison
    47004 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited July 10

89 Van Der Sar.

Because of the links he provides. Most people need the strong link to vvd which leaves you with alisson or VDS.

He's also pretty tall so good against the meta of volleys and shooting from god knows where.
  • Littleland95
    16624 posts Moderator

89 Van Der Sar.

No clue.

I've used him on and off since long time beta he became "meta".

I sold one just before the hype for around 350k at that time to improve my team since I had 92 UCL DDG untradeable.

Wanted him back not long after and had to save up to afford him again. Just bough him a few days ago for 599k. :joy:
  • James Libby
    edited July 16
    Well, it's official. I hit 1000 goals with Henry!

90eb4124322978c42f06357adc267c60.gyf

• James Libby
    Was on vacation for a bit, so haven't posted in a while. but I ended up doing Eusebio, and needless to say my team is absolute FIRE:

55325cff079128a780bedd8d1bc02a74.gyf

Probably the most FUN squad I've ever had in FUT! Now i am going to work on my Arsenal B team - maybe add PIM Pires or try TOTS Laca/Auby.
  • James Libby
    Sadly, PIM Roberto Carlos has been relegated to the bench because, well, of that damn "Champions" Bale card.

Luckily, I've been subbing him in at LM and he's a blast to play with going forward!
  • James Libby
    I am trying to figure out how to invest my last two million. Tempted to do Ruud to replace Pat, but Don't know if it's worth it. Also, I hate this new Bale card.
  • James Libby
    I am going to sell everything and submit any and all non-starter unteadeables...

And do Gullit.

Don't @ me.
  • RebelRob
    edited July 18
    What is it you hate about this bale card? Are you using him, or you just hate playing against him?

I had the bday for a bit and he was alright but nothing special imo. Obviously the main thing he has is height and jumping, but excluding that he wasn’t that great for me, and he’s never caused me many issues.

The only thing I’d suggest for you after getting gullit is maybe mendy for lb, although that halstenberg is a bit of a unit and good at defending the meta back post crosses.

Your team looks sick though James 👍🏻

Also, I completed robben the second time round and must say he’s a delight to use. Not a starter for me but an excellent sub later on in the game for me, his pace and strength is massively helpful, and despite everyone knowing you’re going to cut in on to the left, if they don’t stop it he frequently scores bangers so enjoying him a lot when the game plays decent.