Road to One Thousand Goals with the Goat - Part Deux

James Libby
3804 posts National Call-Up
6a6a6ebc6d2e054b68e70719a93edc8b.gyf

Comments

• FootyFootyFootball
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype
  • Carswell
    7807 posts League Winner
    Hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

• Orison
    42718 posts International Superstar
    This time with a good player, amirite? :trollface:
  • RebelRob
    3477 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck!

Are you going straight for the prime this time? It would be lovely to see the 1000 on one card.

I’m 100 short on r9 this year and don’t thunk I can get that in the next few days :D
  • Finesse_4days
    4973 posts Big Money Move
    I'm expecting to see quite a few goals from the goat on my Goals of the week thread
  • EddieFicio
    17301 posts World Class
    He is still med/med o:)
  • Knowlesdinho
    9010 posts League Winner
    I always run a successful campaign!
  • Currieman
    4533 posts National Call-Up

• James Libby
    Carswell wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »

This thread is purely hypothetical. GOATing has not commenced as of yet.
  • James Libby
    Orison wrote: »
    This time with a good player, amirite? :trollface:

Now, Orison, you know damn well I've earned your respect over the years - OR, at least, the right not be trolled! On day one, no less!
  • James Libby
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Good luck!

Are you going straight for the prime this time? It would be lovely to see the 1000 on one card.

I’m 100 short on r9 this year and don’t thunk I can get that in the next few days :D

IS the Prime available at the beginning?!?!
  • James Libby
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    He is still med/med o:)

Sad, but true. If he had better work rates he'd be unstoppable, though. So, in reality EA HAS to downgrade him somehow!
  • James Libby
    I'm expecting to see quite a few goals from the goat on my Goals of the week thread

DONE and done. (hypothetically)
  • James Libby

If I were to GOAT again this year, it would be ALL your fault!!!
  • James Libby
    I want to now open the floor for HYPOTHETICAL suggestions about how this thread should be run this year. Last year was amazing, but I'd like to try and learn from it - theoretically - and do better this year (maybe).

Questions to consider:

1.) Should there be a board? If so, what powers would they have or vote on? (shout-out to my man @Cadey 5)

2.) Should GOAT gyfs be loaded on a daily basis? Or big batches of them when they come? Any preference?

3.) Should I wait until I can afford the Prime and ONLY gun with him? Or, in the interim, should I try out the other GOAT Icons (like last year)?

4.) Any other recommendations on theme or team to be used? I'm leaning toward FRANCE!

All suggestions welcome. Prepare for the horn, gentlemen.
  • Currieman
    4533 posts National Call-Up

The fact that the thread is alive already means that it's more than just hypothetical. I have faith in you!
  • James Libby

The fact that the thread is alive already means that it's more than just hypothetical. I have faith in you!

Stop shoveling your expectations on me like so much manure on a garden!
  • Knowlesdinho
    9010 posts League Winner
    1) A board could be a good idea, putting things to a vote was an interesting part of the @Cadey 5 thread. You could go one step further if you wanted to make it difficult, and that would be to go for a director of football, putting all your signings in the hands of one person. That person could of course be voted out by a board if they aren't making signings that are in the interest of the club.

2) I'd like daily Gifs personally, but you don't want to put yourself under too much pressure, we don't want the GOAT to run out of steam.

3) Definitely try other Icons, it only makes the GOATS job easier.

4) France sounds like a logical decision to me.
  • VanBasten12
    6781 posts Big Money Move

Congrats!

Good luck, @James Libby!
  • SupaNoodle1990
    24800 posts Club Captain
    Jimbo!!!
  • Good luck man. Looking forward to seeing your goals and team getting stronger.
  • Pikachu
    8223 posts League Winner
    Good Luck.
  • EddieFicio
    17301 posts World Class
    The first action of the board is to sanction a non negotiable move for David Trezeguet.
  • CornishLad
    23215 posts Club Captain
    Can’t wait for this. Loved your last journey.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    The first action of the board is to sanction a non negotiable move for David Trezeguet.

Will the board provide the funds for this move?
  • EddieFicio
    17301 posts World Class
    SergiuLive wrote: »

Will the board provide the funds for this move?

Yes. But please do keep in mind I am not part of the board.
  • Surely since his prime came out pretty early on during 18 he will be a little later this time. Fair play though. I played 1000 games with his prime last year and even though he was amazing i just have no motivation to use a card ive already used so much.
  • I'd be very surprised if he's released from the off. Without knowing when he'll be ready I'd expect the same as last year. Base GOAT followed by mid-GOAT and finally GOAT-GOAT
  • Färjestad
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    Henry + icons you haven't used imo
  • mjs4p
    10568 posts Has That Special Something
    Similar to above, but I say work towards a full Icon team with better and better Icons around Henry over time.

Regardless of what you do, I’ll be excited to follow along!