• GL
    12455 posts Has That Special Something
    cloak 22 elims on his own jeez
  • freakjas
    9320 posts League Winner
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Didn’t find it that cringey tbf.

Well depends.
    All the 20+ yo people in the crowd that kept doing Fortnite dances were pretty cringy :D
  • Sanchezzzz
    4788 posts National Call-Up
    freakjas wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Didn’t find it that cringey tbf.

Well depends.
    All the 20+ yo people in the crowd that kept doing Fortnite dances were pretty cringy :D

Yeah slightly but it’s all in good fun :D
  • Argie8
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    Avoided this thread since I couldn't watch the finals live.

Tfue and Cloaky are insane! Incredible performance from them.

Also, Nick and Aydan :love::love: My favourite duo to watch. Pure aggression. Once again they showed they are some of the best killers out there. Nick needs to work on endgame though still. No way should he have died to the storm :joy:

Good tournament overall. Still need to go back to the elimination based format though imo
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Elim based format lmao.

You know that wont change a thing?
  • Argie8
    edited October 2018
    Elim based format lmao.

Did you not watch the skirmish when you only actually got points if you got kills? it was massively different. Endgame had about a quarter of the players that it does now
  • Choepiechakie
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Elim based format lmao.

Did you not watch the skirmish when you only actually got points if you got kills? it was massively different. Endgame had about a quarter of the players that it does now

Where 50% were content creators? Yes I did
  • freakjas
    9320 posts League Winner
    Avoided this thread since I couldn't watch the finals live.

Tfue and Cloaky are insane! Incredible performance from them.

Also, Nick and Aydan :love::love: My favourite duo to watch. Pure aggression. Once again they showed they are some of the best killers out there. Nick needs to work on endgame though still. No way should he have died to the storm :joy:

Good tournament overall. Still need to go back to the elimination based format though imo
    I’m pretty sure the zone lagged a bit so he was one step away from it at one point and then wanted to edit a wall and the zone suddenly was too far away.
    Still agree haha
  • M98H
    13743 posts Has That Special Something
    Starting 40 mins late but will see how long I play this solo tourney for
  • Argie8
    edited October 2018
    Elim based format lmao.

You say that like half of the content creators arent near pro level ffs. it would play almost exactly the same. Format determines strategy. Nothing else
  • Choepiechakie
    edited October 2018
    Elim based format lmao.

You say that like half of the content creators arent near pro level ffs. it would play almost exactly the same. Format determines strategy. Nothing else

Yes content creators have no idea on comp games.

Late game is where the kills happen, nothing will change that. Why would you chase a team mid game into a 50/50 fight to lose all your mats, lose your health, risk on getting 3rd partied. There's almost no benefit fighting early cuz it will be bad for you later in the game. Cuz there are no mats recovery, health recovery ammo recovery.
  • M98H
    13743 posts Has That Special Something
    8 points after 2 games, starts to get harder at this point I’m guessing
  • Azof
    17926 posts World Class
    If comp fornite is just going go be sitting in a box until circle closes I dont see it keeping its audience
  • Argie8
    Elim based format lmao.

Yes content creators have no idea on comp games.

Late game is where the kills happen, nothing will change that. Why would you chase a team mid game into a 50/50 fight to lose all your mats, lose your health, risk on getting 3rd partied. There's almost no benefit fighting early cuz it will be bad for you later in the game. Cuz there are no mats recovery, health recovery ammo recovery.

Most content creators scrim nowadays. Look at HD, ninja, courage, etc. People werent running at enemies like lunatics, but aggression was much higher. In final circles were there were 30+ people in yesterday, they were under 10 in.

• Choepiechakie
    This only happened of the unbalanced lobby.

Just like heat 3/4 at TC.
  • BO0OM
    3727 posts National Call-Up
    Deagle new meta
  • Choepiechakie
    Azof wrote: »
    If comp fornite is just going go be sitting in a box until circle closes I dont see it keeping its audience

This format was good. Some little more tweaks and its perfect.
  • Azof
    17926 posts World Class

I just dont see your average joe wanting to keep watching 80 people in a late circle sitting in boxes

• GL
    12455 posts Has That Special Something

it was hard to watch grand finals ngl
  • Argie8
    edited October 2018
    This only happened of the unbalanced lobby.

Just like heat 3/4 at TC.

you're really persisting with this idea aren't you :joy:

I think you need to rewatch it tbh if you don't think players were out looking for kills. Playing it like a traditional scrim would lead you to getting no points and they were all smarter than that. Vivid and Poach adapted their gameplay which is why they won it. Format defines playstyle. Same with any game

they will switch it up. you can tell epic doesn't want there to be so many players at the end
  • Choepiechakie
    edited October 2018
    I saw Tfue landing in the middle of nowhere. Thats all I had to see how irrelevant that was.

A BR without points for placement lma.
    U drunk
  • Sanchezzzz
    4788 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2018
    Choe day off would ya blimey.
  • Choepiechakie
    Oh and you guys should also understand that the broadcasting was very bad once again. Everytime there were fights going on, but they choose to spectate people who were doing nothing.

Is it production wise possible to have a delay of like 2 min? so directors can observe the game better and pick out the fights to be broadcast?
  • ManTrain
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    Oh and you guys should also understand that the broadcasting was very bad once again. Everytime there were fights going on, but they choose to spectate people who were doing nothing.

Is it production wise possible to have a delay of like 2 min? so directors can observe the game better and pick out the fights to be broadcast?

I thought most of the Broadcasting was good... when Zeke wasn’t involved. If you watched the Blackout event, their production was god awful.
  • Argie8
    Thought the casting was quite good tbf. Difficult job but much better than earlier skirmishes imo

Anyone else found the last weekend incredibly easy? Think the zombies has brought back a lot of casuals. Gotten loads of high kill games. My mate broke his kill record twice within 24 hours