OT: Fortnite Battle Royale Thread

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15249 posts Moderator
    Sbmm works best for solos. Hard to say how it works for sure. Problem is probably with teaming with friends with uneven ratings. Say one is rated 10 and the other is rated 10,000 how do you find even matches.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2954 posts Fans' Favourite
    Azof wrote: »
    this game is
    73784148-garbage-pile-in-trash-dump-or-landfill-pollution-concept-.jpg

Trashh
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Sbmm works best for solos. Hard to say how it works for sure. Problem is probably with teaming with friends with uneven ratings. Say one is rated 10 and the other is rated 10,000 how do you find even matches.

I was playing three man squads with 2 bot level mates, one Pc, one XB. The fights were a mix of people who couldn’t build and then a squad of sweats.

Noticed quite a lot of actual bots in the games as well.
  • RadioShaq
    15249 posts Moderator
    I guess when watching replays if it shows name plates then it’s real players no names is bots. When playing solos it looks like good players have very few bots while new accounts are full of bots. I dunno how reliable that is without epic explaining it but that’s what I am seeing on youtube.
  • Choepiechakie
    31871 posts National Team Captain
    I guess when watching replays if it shows name plates then it’s real players no names is bots. When playing solos it looks like good players have very few bots while new accounts are full of bots. I dunno how reliable that is without epic explaining it but that’s what I am seeing on youtube.

Replay is bugged they dont show name plates
  • RadioShaq
    15249 posts Moderator
    I didn’t know it was bugged. In the video some of the players had name plates though.
  • GL
    7387 posts Big Money Move
    Confirm edit on release is low key ****
  • Choepiechakie
    GL wrote: »

No only for double edits.

Its on RT release not edit button release
  • DobbyDooDah

Needs to be on the edit button.
  • RadioShaq
    15249 posts Moderator
    Thoughts on the loot pool? Do you guys like it basic like it is now or how last season was? Looks like they will be adding some new items but still far off from past seasons.
  • Choepiechakie

Needs to be on the edit button.

Should be optional.
  • Azof
    16916 posts World Class
    Thoughts on the loot pool? Do you guys like it basic like it is now or how last season was? Looks like they will be adding some new items but still far off from past seasons.

So dull
  • Choepiechakie
    Azof wrote: »

So dull

Delete
  • Choepiechakie
    Altho too many rpgs and snippers
  • Argie8
    5902 posts Big Money Move

Its good. almost every weapon usable and balanced
  • GL
    7387 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 9
    The gold bolt reloads slower than the green 🤡🤡🤡
  • RealM
    5934 posts Big Money Move
    It's OT to the thread but I know you come here.
    Do you have a decent PC or just a standard one? @Azof
  • DobbyDooDah
    RealM wrote: »

Think he’s on a GTX1070 and an I7. Solid specs, but a peasant monitor.
  • Azof
    16916 posts World Class

16gb wedicated wam
  • RealM
    Looking at upgrading to a 144hz monitor and need a better GPU because mine is outdated. Got a GTX 960 from 2016.
    So many to choose from it's ridiculous.
  • DobbyDooDah
    Looking at upgrading to a 144hz monitor and need a better GPU because mine is outdated. Got a GTX 960 from 2016.
    So many to choose from it's ridiculous.

The 1660Ti seems to be the go to unless you’re spending big bucks. Looks a solid spec.
  • RealM
    Looking into getting a RTX 2060 Super to see my for a while. Just don't know which one to get. They are like £40 price gap between them and I don't know why :D
  • DobbyDooDah
    Looking into getting a RTX 2060 Super to see my for a while. Just don't know which one to get. They are like £40 price gap between them and I don't know why :D

On the same cards it will be mild clock speed differences and brand snobbery.
  • Azof
    16916 posts World Class

On the same cards it will be mild clock speed differences and brand snobbery.

And minuscule cooling differences, will be the odd outlier that has awful cooling but most should be similar
  • M98H
    13170 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone gone from a 144Hz to a 240Hz and noticed a difference? Obviously the jump from 60 to 144 was crazy, but thinking of getting a 240.
  • DobbyDooDah
    M98H wrote: »
    Anyone gone from a 144Hz to a 240Hz and noticed a difference? Obviously the jump from 60 to 144 was crazy, but thinking of getting a 240.

I’ve not tried one. Can’t imagine it’ll feel much, if any, different to a constant 144 frames. Certainly won’t look any different.

• RealM
    Ordered one, just need to see what Monitor I can get round BF time now
  • Antparry92
    18087 posts World Class
    Been enjoying playing as a break from FIFA recently. Playing ranked this morning (I’m a poor player) but found to lads with headsets and the difference communication makes is unreal! Must have played about 7-8 games together won 2 and got to the final 3 in 4-5 of them
  • CPFC16
    2081 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone playing the cash cups at all? Gonna have a go tomorrow. Enjoying arena atm, so looking forward to it